[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Colt Mustang Pocketlite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: ColtMustangPocketLite1.jpg (52KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
ColtMustangPocketLite1.jpg
52KB, 500x295px
I'm thinking about picking one of these up as my next gun purchase, but I don't know anybody who owns one. It wouldn't be my main carry gun (I have a Sig P938), but I'd probably enjoy shooting it at the range, and I think I'd appreciate it for Colt's build quality more than I'd enjoy buying a Sig P238.

Does anybody know what sorts of improvements Colt did to the Mustang when they reintroduced the model a few years ago? Are the new ones more reliable? I've heard mixed reviews about the old ones, although I prefer the old style rollmarks and would probably prefer an all blued one, which isn't made anymore. Just looking for thoughts from anyone with experience.
>>
File: 28820-DEFAULT-l.jpg (152KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
28820-DEFAULT-l.jpg
152KB, 1350x900px
I'm also thinking about picking up one of the Ionbond models for the front sight, but I've heard mixed reviews on the durability of Ionbond finish, and the rollmark on this one is somehow even uglier than the stainless model.
>>
File: P1870044.jpg (513KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
P1870044.jpg
513KB, 800x585px
Here's an example of the original Mustang. IMO, any rollmark with a pony stamp is instantly much more attractive to any rollmark without one. You can also get them in all stainless, with a steel, not alloy frame.
>>
File: 1493067038890.gif (264KB, 478x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493067038890.gif
264KB, 478x369px
>>34361707
Any reason you couldn't get an original if it's that important to you?

>tfw talking about colt
>Waylon Jennings - Heroes is playing on my radio
>"ain't nothing quite as sad as watching your heroes die"

god damnit
>>
>>34361869
The older guns were reported as having jamming issues and supposedly, the new Mustangs are "improved." I just don't know what Colt did to improve them.
>>
>>34361912
Can't say I knew anything about that
If they did anything it's probably throat the barrel from the factory.
>>
>>34361912
It was a timing problem. Shit was fixed almost 20 years ago though.
>>
>>34362238
There would still be an issue trying to figure out what year a given used gun was produced in.
>>
>>34361680
I bought the exact model in your picture brand new about a year ago and had tons of problems with it. FTFeeds and FTEjects out the ass. Sent it back to Colt. Took them about 4 months to get it back to me, still not working and a huge idiot scratch on the fucking slide. Davidsons was nice enough to replace the gun with an HK P30SK that I carry and has actually been reliable.

Gun looked nice though.
>>
File: colt1908.jpg (43KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
colt1908.jpg
43KB, 848x477px
>>34361680

Same poster as:>>34362270

Forgot to say that if you want a nice small Colt pistol, look for a Colt 1903 or 1908. Much nicer guns.
>>
>>34362270
Well that's kind of crappy.

>>34362296
I used to own one, but sold it because I'm an idiot. It was a good little gun and I never had a failure with it, but I'm really looking to get something in new or like new condition and which I might be able to carry safely without worrying about a 100 year old striker slipping a 100 year old sear. Not crazy about .25 caliber either.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.