[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So suppressors.. It is completely legal to buy a suppressor in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: SOCOM300-SPS_762_BK_profile.jpg (2MB, 4419x1157px) Image search: [Google]
SOCOM300-SPS_762_BK_profile.jpg
2MB, 4419x1157px
So suppressors.. It is completely legal to buy a suppressor in Tennessee without paperwork? Do they verify that you are a resident of Tennessee before they sell you one? Is it legal for someone who lives in another state to go their and buy a suppressor?
>>
>buy a suppressor in Tennessee without paperwork
No such thing anywhere in the US.
>>
>>34361482
I thought they became legal recently in Tennessee, or at least no different then a regular firearm
>>
>>34361507
federal laws nigguh
>>
>>34361507
Not yet, they're working on it though. It eill be similar to the states have legalized recreational marijuana use, yet it's still federally illegal.
>>
>>34361518
Yeah but the feds are going to be more concerned about unregistered suppressors than a bunch of hippies smoking dope in Colorado. Seems like a good way to get your house raided and your dog shot.
>>
>>34361482
Ohio does
>>
Yes!
Go buy one and post results.
>>
>>34361611
No reputable FFL or dealer is going to ignore federal law and sell you a suppressor "without paperwork".
>>
>>34361372
>It is completely legal to buy a suppressor in Tennessee without paperwork?
Someone just got arrested for this and is being sent to jail for it. The TN law that was passed had no standing in Federal court.
>>
>>34361893
What crime did they commit? Bringing it to another state or just simply buying it while not being a resident there?
>>
>>34363411
the NFA is FEDERAL LAW
fed law>state law (if they enforce it)
>>
The TN law was passed because possession of a suppressor is illegal in TN, but the possession of the associated paperwork is an affirmative defense against prosecution. As a result, if the HPA or similar had passed, one could not possess a post-HPA suppressor without being in violation of the law, as suppressors would be illegal in TN.

Stupid and circular? Yes, but it was good for the law to clarify that. You still have to obey all federal laws and rules regarding NFA items.

I think TX recently fixed a similar issue a couple years ago.
>>
So a Tennessee gun store will or will not sell a person out of state a suppressor without waiting for paperwork?
>>
>>34366795
You make gun pwners everywhere proud
>>
>>34366795
Will not. I Guarantee that once you see the paperwork involved, you won't be getting a suppressor.
>>
>>34367038
land of the slaves home of the jewish communist dictators.
>>
>>34363411
I can't find anything about Tennessee specifically, but Kansas already tried this. Much like everything else Kansas does, it failed.

https://apnews.com/fdbe4099eefd4b57b7c55ac7f1037d8d/kansas-gun-case-pits-federal-law-against-states-rights
>>
>>34363411

Presumably something phrased like Possession of an NFA Controlled Item without NFA Papers.
>>
>>34370190
It's a tax violation, but it's enforced by people with NFA weapons.
>>
>>34370235
Kek, this.

>Weapons of war have no use on our streets
>Unless it's us on your streets with weapons of war
>Or our bodyguards
> :)))))))) is balens
>>
>>34364254
Commerce clause, this shouldn't be the case

But they hid the NFA behind tax law so they could enforce it anyways, literally abusing constitutional loopholes
>>
>>34370540
Same reason medical marijuana is illegal while prescription heroin and meth aren't.

Marijuana requires a special tax stamp. Anyone that tells you it's because it's Schedule 1 is fucking stupid. Almost every other schedule 1 drug has legal prescription versions.
>>
>>34370572
How do you get a prescription for a schedule 1 drug?
>>
>>34371713
With a qualifying medical condition. Prescription meth is indicated for use in ADHD and severe obesity.

Prescription Heroin (morphine) is commonly prescribed after surgeries and for end of life care, when other pain killers ad not allowed.
>>
>>34372009
>Prescription meth is indicated for use in ADHD and severe obesity.
Oh, and we also prescribe it to some soldiers for >reasons
>>
>>34370572>
>34372009
>he thinks methamphetamine is Schedule 1
>he thinks heroin is legal to prescribe in the US

retard alert
>>
>>34361507
>>34361518
Wtf are these idiots smoking?
Did Tennessee have California tier anti-suppressor laws?
>>
>>34372078
There is no difference between morphine and heroin other than refinement. And I knowthat meths isn't schedule one. That;s actually not the point. You can legally be prescribed refined heroin or meth currently in the united stated.

Stop playing dumb
>>
Some dude in Ohio i think got v& over this shit, he was selling suppressors at his gun shop because state law says they're legal. Then ATF found out and commenced dogpocalypse
>>
>>34364254
Same can be said regarding weed. Both laws are BS.
>>
>>34372088
>There is no difference between morphine and heroin other than refinement

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#History

>Hoffmann, working at Bayer pharmaceutical company in Elberfeld, Germany, was instructed by his supervisor Heinrich Dreser to acetylate morphine with the objective of producing codeine, a constituent of the opium poppy, pharmacologically similar to morphine but less potent and less addictive. Instead, the experiment produced an acetylated form of morphine one and a half to two times more potent than morphine itself.

>That;s actually not the point. You can legally be prescribed refined heroin currently in the united stated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#Legal_status

>In the United States, diamorphine is a Schedule I drug according to the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, making it illegal to possess without a DEA license.[86] Possession of more than 100 grams of diamorphine or a mixture containing diamorphine is punishable with a minimum mandatory sentence of 5 years of imprisonment in a federal prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_I_controlled_substances

>No prescriptions may be written for Schedule I substances

You just got educated, nigger.
>>
>>34372128
Except, you know, for the several dozen legal variants of morphine (including morphine itself) that are legally prescribed millions of times a day. Sure.
>>
>>34372144
Heroin isn't legal though.

You said it was. It isn't.
>>
>>34372164
Federal law states that drugs that are chemical similar to a scheduled drug are to be regulated at the same level as the scheduled drug. Morphine and Dimorphine are not only chemically similar, their effect is undifferentiable
>>
>>34372179
Morphine isn't considered a heroin analog under the Federal Analogue Act.

Try again.
>>
>>34372009
Meth is not the same thing as amphetamines for ADHD and heroin is not the same thing as morphine buddy. Same drug families, yes...same drugs, no
>>
>>34372202
>Federal Analogue Act
The only reason it is not subject to the that act is because it had a drug application, and the only reason Marijuana cannot be put through the FDA is because of Tax law. That does not mean that morphine is not an anlogue of heroin, it clearly is but is exempted under section C, because of essentially FDA trials.

the FDA trials made a schedule 1 substance legal. It did not change the substance.
>>
>>34372214
Meth is technically legal to prescribe, because it's schedule 2.

Nobody does it any more, but it's technically allowed.
>>
>>34372214
you can literally look it up, the actual chemical methamphetamine is a legal prescription drug.
>>
>>34372231
Morphine is explicitly listed as a Schedule 2 drug on the controlled substances act.

Keep moving goalposts.
>>
>ITT
fags talking about drugs
>>
>>34372260
There's really nothing to say about suppressors, and drug law is bullshit, some some people on /k/ are willing to defend.
>>
>>34372254
Yes, that would be the result of the FDA trials.
>>
File: IMG_0142.png (55KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.png
55KB, 480x458px
>>34364494
>The TN law was passed because possession of a suppressor is illegal in TN
TN Fag here ummm yeah so not true unless you stole it. You can and for YEARS been able to buy one so long as you fill out a NFA form just like anywhere else. idk where you guys get your knowledge.
>>
>>34361372
Was working security the other day with some guy I just met. He insisted that in Texas, I could just waltz right on into the gun store and walk out with a suppressor same day. No extra paperwork, and no tax stamp.

Though he also argued with me that his sbr was legal because that's how it was configured when his friend gave it to him. So clearly no idea of how the NFA works. His ignorance is gonna land him in jail one day.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.