[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mbg/ - MERIT BADGE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MB_3.png (49KB, 770x1219px) Image search: [Google]
MB_3.png
49KB, 770x1219px
This thread is for the implementation of a decentralized merit badge system. The point of merit badges is to show your pride in making yourself better and a way for others to rapidly assess how useful you are in a SHTF scenario.

>TIER 1 BADGE: 4 CORE SKILLS
I recommmend that we start with a single badge (2" x 3" flat dark earth kydex (hook & loop backing)) that has icons for the 4 Core Skills:
>Weapons
>Communications
>Medicine
>Survival

You will show your progress in improving your skills by putting a small piece of colored tape below the icon. As you graduate to higher levels, you swap out the color of tape.
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape - No equipment/no skill
>Level II: Black Tape - Has equipment
>Level III: Grey Tape - Has equipment and demonstrated low level of skill
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE - Has equipment and demonstrated higher level of skill

We can work out ways that you can prove your skill (make a tripcode, post pics or YT vids of you acheiving your different Levels). The best part about this, is that this will actually require some sort of effort and agency on your part to improve yourself.
>TIER 2 BADGES: IMPORTANT LIFE SKILLS
These would be smaller patches that are peripheral to the 4 Core Skills, but also reward improving oneself. We'd have to work out the size/shape, but I could envision those mini kydex tabs (CAPTAC) being a potential solution:
>hunting/fishing
>weapons maintenance
>weapons manufacture
>food storage
>tfwhasjob
>having your own place to live
>reproductive success
>STEM apptitude
>/fit/ patches: BMI is in an acceptable range, or can run a certain distance with minimum time thresholds
>?????

>TIER 3 BADGES: HUMOROUS
These would also be smaller patches, but would help keep the seriousness/autism in-check
>only 1 ND in the last 365 days
>has emptied the piss bottles
>nofap
>wizard mode
>>
CRITERIA FOR 4 CORE SKILLS
We can decide on what are acceptable levels of skill here are my suggestions. If you work as a professional (SWAT/Active Infantry, EMT or better, Radio Technician, etc.), then I proposed that you would automagically graduate to the highest tier for that skill and put a "Pro" designation below the icon (black star sticker underneath the icon).

For most of these, you'll have to demonstrate that you passed a lower level of skill before earning a higher level of skill (have proof of earning the Level III in Weapons before Level IV in weapons).

As a reminder these skills will be color-coded on the single Tier 1 Badge (2" x 3" kydex)
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape - No equipment/no skill
>Level II: Black Tape - Has equipment
>Level III: Grey Tape - Has equipment and demonstrated low level of skill
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE - Has equipment and demonstrated higher level of skill
>>
This is dumb and you should feel bad for posting it
>>
Weapons Shooting:
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape: No pistol, rifle, or shotgun
>Level II: Black Tape: Owns a pistol, rifle, or shotgun
>Level III: Grey Tape: Can load a rifle and hit a man-sized target at 300 yards within 1 minute with only using iron sights
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE: From 7 yards put 2 shots into a 10" target with a rifle, transition to 2 shots with a pistol, holster pistol, reload rifle with a fresh mag and take 2 more shots (we'd have to decide on a time limit). SWAT or Active Infantry would automatically earn Level IV and have the "Pro" designation

Communications:
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape: Doesn't own a radio
>>Level II: Black Tape: Owns at least a cheap Chinese radio
>Level III: Grey Tape: Has a Ham Technician license
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE: Has a Ham Generalist license. Professional radio technicians would automatically earn Level IV and the "Pro" designation

Survival
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape: Doesn't own basic equipment to survive overnight
>Level II: Black Tape: Has a bug-out bag with minimal equipment
>Level III: Grey Tape: Has done a solo overnight innawoods. Has made fire without matches/lighter
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE: Has done a solo 3-night innawoods. SERE instructors would automatically earn Level IV and the "Pro" designation

Medicine:
>Level I (Worst): Orange Tape: No equipment/no training
>Level II: Black Tape: Has an IFAK or blowout kit
>Level III: Grey Tape: Has Red Cross First Aid certification
>Level IV (Best): NO TAPE: Has taken Combat/Trauma course. Medical first responders (or better) would automatically earn Level IV and the "Pro" designation
>>
First off this is dumb
Second, why the fuck would you use kydex
>>
>>34358242
>ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

life isn't vidya
>>
>>34358624
>First off this is dumb
feel free to hide the thread and move on

>Second, why the fuck would you use kydex
tape will easily stick to kydex and create a way to communicate progress without necessitating 16 different patches (4 skills x 4 levels).
>>
>>34358650

>life isn't vidya

Boy Scouts aren't accomplishing anything and aren't alive?
>>
Life isnt an RPG
>>
>>34358735
>Life isnt an RPG

>implying half of /k/ isn't a bunch of unarmed basketcases
>implying they don't need encouragement to short their shit out
>implying filling the world with successful, self-actualized people that share your interests is a bad thing
>>
>>34358242
Boy this is a bland thread, I think it needs some SAGE.
>>
This board has had 6,000,000 spergy attempts at uniforms, but this actually has some benefit since it is tied into self-improvement.

Also, none of this says 4chan, /k/, boipuccis, anthropomorphized weapons, or other embarrassing, half-gay shit, so this could spread to other online gun communities.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.