[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Texas A&M pretend to be a military academy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 27

File: 26229559623_3fd77e26c2_b.jpg (351KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
26229559623_3fd77e26c2_b.jpg
351KB, 1024x683px
Why does Texas A&M pretend to be a military academy?
>>
Because it's fun
>>
>>34358000
Gay parade?
>>
How's your online school, OP?
>>
>>34358000
Because Texans are insufferably fixated on TEXAS FOOTBALL MANNERS MILITARY ALL THINGS ARE TEXAS THINGS.

Seriously. I like my friends from Texas, but they have a weird regionalism that surpasses Californians in its obnoxiousness.
>>
>>34358000
i like how texas gun laws are worse than "libreal" states like vermont and maine. This is because texas is filled with lame role playing RINOs who dont actually believe in freedom they just want to drive their f250 to walmart and buy GMO food
>>
>>34358609
THICC
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-25-09-42-18.png (3MB, 1440x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-25-09-42-18.png
3MB, 1440x2880px
>>34358000
>military
>>
>>34358627
HOLEE DOGSHIT, PRIVATE PYLE!!!!
>>
>>34358562
>want to drive their f250 to walmart and buy GMO food
I have never been to Texas, but I habe been poring over satellite imagery of Texas for months at work now, and it seems to me that is all that these people do. They drive around in trucks that they never use as trucks, buy high calorie food, watch high school football games, and mow their desert lawns, always sitting down.
>>
>>34358627
mobile posters go away
>>
>>34358000
Looks kind of fun, in a fratboy bullshit way
>>
>>34359916
>but I habe been poring over satellite imagery of Texas for months at work now,

wtf
>>
>>34359916
>desert
k
>>
Rotc? So...yeah
>>
>>34358473
You and I must attract radically different people, casue my Texan friends couldn't care less, even the ones that go to A&M.
>>
http://corps.tamu.edu/portfolio-items/company-d-1/

Yeah.
>>
Texas A&M puts out more officers than West Point.
>>
>>34360408
If prickly pear wants to grow in your west texas grass yard, you probably aren't supposed to have a lawn there. Stop at the Watermill on your way back from Walmart, Whataburger, and Cavender's, Bobby.
>>34360166
Spatial data analyst, it's my actual job to spy on faggot Texans.
>>
File: 1365301993207.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1365301993207.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>34360528
Wait what the fuck A&M has units? How does this shit work? VMI just says fuck it and throws people in companies based on height
>>
>>34360615
you sounds like an autist
From South Dakota btw
>>
Why do other states need validation from Texas?
This is the same thing euros do on /b/ to get attention from Americans
>>
>>34360760
>you sounds like an autist
Stellar rebuttal
>From South Dakota
Well then stop at Mill's Fleet Farm and get me a box of .45 auto softpoints, pumpkin seeds, and a surplus Swedish parka.
>>
>>34360809
>mill's fleet farm
wrong state senpai, menards
>>
File: CaptureShitDakota.jpg (37KB, 1026x271px) Image search: [Google]
CaptureShitDakota.jpg
37KB, 1026x271px
>>34360837
Looks like FF is superior
>>
File: 1489944305456.png (18KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1489944305456.png
18KB, 560x407px
>>34358000
Because the south got cucked into being statist bootlickers by the north after they lost the war, something something muh heritage.
/thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 540x359px
>>34360886
Have you ever opened a political science book?
>>
>>34358000
>no blouse
>patrol cap

Why is this allowed anywhere?
>>
>>34360989
Oh god I just noticed the dress belt
>>
>>34358449

Not OP but as West Pointer I disapprove of the sub Academies. Marion, VMI, and all the others are quite silly. Yeah let's pay $20k to sleep on a cot. I actually got a salary while at West Point.
>>
>>34360989

How about the Ranger Roll? We would get in deep shit if we got caught doing that in BCT.
>>
>>34358562
Explain how theyre worse.
>>
>>34358627
just like it was in my reserve unit
>>
>>34358000
Me dad graduated from A&M and received his commissioner in the early 80s. Private Pyle would have been hung from a sack over the Brazos river. Also, it is one of 4 non-academy schools where you can get a full commission.
>>
>>34358627
Yes? This looks like most Natty Guard units
>>
>>34361092
>Also, it is one of 4 non-academy schools where you can get a full commission.

Wrong. A 'full' commision Academy is where you go to straight active duty, not by 'special' request. Only USMA, USNA, Airforce, and Merchant Marine. are real, full commissiong schools. You actually have (and in my class a few guys did) to specially request to *not* be placed on active duty when you commission. Likewise, Cadets at the 4 service Academy's are actually active duty personnel (38 U.S.C. § 101(21)), with a special pay grade and rank. Comparing the sub Academies to them is just unfair and unwise.
>>
>>34361016
>Not OP but as West Pointer
Somewhere, in the distance, a PSG died a little on the inside.

>VMI
>Yeah let's pay $20k to sleep on a cot.
I enjoyed it for the most part, and even got paid by the Army to stay there. May not make sense to you and your fancy learnin' in NY but at least the practices of hazing are still alive. That and the Alumni network pays for itself.
>>
>>34361114
Or, you know, anyone in AFROTC just goes active duty normally.
>>
>>34361116
>Somewhere, in the distance, a PSG died a little on the inside.

Not from me. I was a prior service guy, not a ring knocker. I got my nomination when I was a SSG and *just* barely slipped by the age limit (my birthday was in July, R-Day is in June. I was literally 4 weeks safe)
>>
>>34361133

They have to request it. Otherwise they default to reserve. Only the Federal Service Academies default to Active Duty. And that's because Cadets are already active duty to start.
>>
>>34358627
>>34358704
Hey, at least he's being forced (via peer pressure or not) to get out there and go on a hike as a group activity. Most other places, he'd be socially isolated and getting even fatter playing DoTA in the library
>>
>>34361146
I havent heard of anyone not going active duty after graduation in like 10 years
>>
>>34361116
also
>hazing are still alive.

It's a bad system and should be removed. Leme tell you *as* a prior service guy, and a Junior NCO at that, 'hazing' in the way the Academies do it is a bad system and produces shit officers. That's why West Pointers are... what they are (in 99% of circumstances).
>>
>>34358627
He's not real military so I don't really care that he's fat, but dear lord does wearing dress uniform rank on a patrol cap trigger me.
>>
>>34361161

They still have to request it. It is not granted automatically. Show me the title in USC that grants it automatically. 38 U.S.C. § 101(21) shows it for Service Academies because Cadets are *already* Active duty. No such statute exists for ROTC's.
>>
>>34361178

Cadet ranks are totally different system don't read into it any more than that. At USMA we use Railroad tracks which means when you're a cow people accuse of you wearing Captain's bars wrong.

They're made up ranks and insignia because you need positional ranks within the corps of cadets and a way to distinguish one from another. I'm biases to West Point's method, but that other's are valid as well.
>>
>>34361146
Wrong. That only applies to the Army. NROTC (Navy and Marine Option) and AFROTC graduates commission active by default.
>>
>>34361198

Show me the statute authorizing this. I was an MP and had to *enforce* this rules at times.
>>
>>34358000
ROTC is a thing on most campuses across the nation, and Junior ROTC is really common/popular at texas high schools.

mystery solved
>>
>>34361192
What was your graduating class anon? Want to know if you might have attended with a few dudes I know.
>>
>>34361179
I never made the legal argument, I just made the argument its extremely easy to go active duty through ROTC
>>
>>34361134
>Not from me. I was a prior service guy, not a ring knocker
Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. But you made it under the wire and hopefully influenced some of your classmates to not be turds. I can't say anything bad about that.

>>34361172
>It's a bad system and should be removed.
>the Academies
I went to VMI, so I wouldn't know. We're not an academy, and proud of it. But when some kids show up and are sandbagging or acting like they own the place it is a handy way to give them a dose of reality and reel them back into the system they volunteered to go into. It has its purpose and will always be apart of the experience of a military college. The ratline is it's own thing, and would be difficult to replicate anywhere else. That being said, the perks of a SMC for the non-com guys (like me, medical disqual before my senior year) are pretty fantastic. The guys that commission are of mixed quality like from anywhere. I have friends and family that went to West Point, its difficult to compare the two.
>>
>>34361209
To graduate Air Force or Navy ROTC you have to sign a contract before your final 2 years of training saying that you will complete the program and accept an active duty commission. You can't just ride out 4 years and opt-out without consequence like in Army ROTC. So by default, you're contracted to active duty federal service after commissioning. There is no alternative to go Reserve. The only way you can NOT go active duty officer after graduating is to refuse your commission, which means you will have to either

>pay back the DOD for all of your pay you received under the contract, and be released as a civilian, or..
>enlist in the appropriate service for no less than 4 years active
>>
>>34361224

Not doxing myself lol.

Suffice to say I had a different cadet experience because I was *much* older than my fellow Cadets (during CBT I was older than any of the Firsties I encountered and one of the Firsties in my academic company was the same age) and my prior service as an NCO made everyone steer clear of me. When I did my CTLT I actually pulled rank on one occasion and the only reason the shit-bastard first Sergeant (not all NCO's are actually good at their job and/or smart) and dressed him dwon and the only two reasons I got away with it was 1) I was legally allowed to, and 2) I had been a SSG so that made it 'sorta' acceptable (and sorta 3) I was 110% in the right as he was being a Blue Falcon bastard).
>>
>>34358000
it's closest to the largest military garrison in the US

it's heavily in favor of handing pieces of paper to vets and people who support vets
>>
>>34361172
>It's a bad system and should be removed

Fuck that from what I seen at VMI the ratline is what molds people to be more then they can be. Essentially what it does or at least what i got out of it is to prepare people how to reacting under stress and give new rats a wake up call that they are on the bottom.

As someone whose had to train rats I've seen kids transform into something better then themselves because they had something to push them, removing the "hazing" would just create more people who don't know what they are really capable of.
>>
>>34361241
>But you made it under the wire and hopefully influenced some of your classmates to not be turds.

Na they didn't like me. Early on they were too intimated (I had badges/medals/ribbons, more than our TAC Officers had most of the time) and I didn't 'buy' into the Culture of the Academy, cause I you know, knew what it was actually like to be a soldier. So I didn't buy into the bullshit, either receiving or giving. The culture there damn near requires it. I don't look back at West Point with good *memories.* Great education. Best College in the World hands down (undergrad) from the budget alone. But the worst officers/cadets I've ever encountered because of the culture.

>>34361241
>. The ratline is it's own thing, and would be difficult to replicate anywhere else.

Oh I know all about the ratline. We had VMI guys at West Point (doesn't like half the VMI class apply every year to transfer to West Point? That's what we were always told anyway). It's still fucked up and holds no place in the *CURRENT* Military. It's a poor way to get discipline, unit cohesion, or bearing out of troops. They ever teach you guys Schofield's definition? Cause that was my attitude long before they made me memorize it.

>>34361260

Show me the statute or go away.
>>
>>34361265
No worries dude. I was appointed for Class of 2014 but did Marine Option NROTC instead...then dropped after freshman year when I found out my eyes didn't qualify for PRK. Always kind of wonder what life would be like if I chose to go to USMA. Would probably sitting comfy in an office right now doing the same thing I do as a civilian, but in a uniform.
>>
>>34361301
>Fuck that from what I seen at VMI the ratline is what molds people to be more then they can be

Nope. Just makes shitty officers. Teaches cadets that you can treat someone like shit *because* you outrank them. You wana dress someone down who fucks up? Go for it. But a 2nd LT fucking with a SPC because he can? No fucking way. That's what the Ratline and the Cadet Hazing (new cadet system) at West Point encoruage. It doesn't work anymore. And that's why the retention rates from West Pointers is like 22-23%. Everyone five-and-dives because they are *BAD* officers. Schofield got this shit right in 1879. More than 100 years later and morons like you still don't get it.
>>
File: revpants.jpg (732KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
revpants.jpg
732KB, 1000x667px
someone needs to start bitching about women here.
>>
>>34361307

Pretty much. I went from MP as an enlisted, to Engineer after (Sapper school the whole works) and am now out (I did 10 years though, I didn't want to five and dive). Only left because the slots for LTC might as well be made of platinum for how likely you are to get them. Ring or no ring.
>>
File: nobayonetsnohazing.jpg (34KB, 380x307px) Image search: [Google]
nobayonetsnohazing.jpg
34KB, 380x307px
>>
File: tomfool.jpg (10KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
tomfool.jpg
10KB, 208x243px
>>34361306
>(doesn't like half the VMI class apply every year to transfer to West Point? That's what we were always told anyway).
No.

>It's a poor way to get discipline, unit cohesion, or bearing out of troops.
It's a different experience and mindset. The system in barracks and the system for ROTC are not the same. The Army department treats you how doctrine says. VMI treats you how VMI wants to, and that's the beauty of it. The ratline is what makes people realize their potential for whatever they do. It forces you to embrace discomfort and understand your capabilities. It is a humbling experience, and thats what some people need. VMI was created to be it's own thing and has established one of the best networks on the nation.

>>34361334
I've lived through it, and I can tell you that you're wrong. But your observations are noted as someone that doesn't know the system and only looks at the bad. I would be just as wrong to comment on what West Point does.
>>
>>34361388
I get that the freshman are called rats, but where does "ratline" come from?
>>
>>34361388
>The ratline is what makes people realize their potential for whatever they do. It forces you to embrace discomfort and understand your capabilities. It is a humbling experience, and thats what some people need. VMI was created to be it's own thing and has established one of the best networks on the nation.
>I've lived through it, and I can tell you that you're wrong. But your observations are noted as someone that doesn't know the system and only looks at the bad. I would be just as wrong to comment on what West Point does.

Hazing is bad. Period. It creates *BAD* officers. It worked... sorta, in the early 1900's because officers WERE a separate class, socially, societal, and even economically. But they aren't anymore and haven't been for more than 60 years.

Schofield hated it. And that was in the 1870's. And as one of our greatest Officers, both in ability and command style, I'm always going to default to his view. And, my own experience, as I neither ascribed, condoned, or encouraged that type of behavior, saw that my own command style, and those of my suborninates that I fostered under such views, excelled where others failed.

The old, "It teaches you how to deal with stress," is a trite lie. West Point is stressful *enough* without hazing. Imagine being an NCAA player, an Engineering student, a research assistent, a junior NCO/junior officer, and a full time employee all at the same time. That's just a taste of the environment.

I am all for military bearing. Having to conduct meals the way we did and doing the parades every other day, SAMI's, all that stuff is fine and *should* be present. *THAT'S* disapline, and attention to detail. Hazng is not. It's a bunch of guys bullying because they were taught to be bullies at some point and damned if someone else is going to get away with it. It hurts unit cohesion. It makes it so that after you graduate, when you may no longer outrank your former subordinate, you can not work as colleagues.
>>
>>34361422
There is a literal line that the rats have to walk in barracks. They are not allowed to stray from it unless otherwise noted by their dyke or a benevolent alumni during football season.
>>
>>34361431

cont'

From the same address that we got his Definition:

>The practice of hazing is both injurious and humiliating to its victims and degrading to those who engage in it. Your constant associates after you leave the Academy must be the members of higher and lower classes. The memory of ill-treatment will remain with its victim as long as he lives. You can never be a ‘brother officer’ to him whom you once degraded. The stern discipline of a commanding officer will soon be forgotten when it can be remembered that he always treated his subordinates with justice and due respect. But wanton injustice and contumely can never be forgotten, except by a spirit too mean to feel its sting…The very foundation of civil society is mutual respect for individual rights. And nowhere is such mutual respect more strictly enjoined and rigidly enforced than in military organizations. Without it, tyranny on the one hand and disaffection and mutiny on the other must destroy the efficiency of an army…A veteran soldier sees but little difference between the different grades, from his own down to that of a junior cadet, and treats them all with nearly equal respect. It would be well for young soldiers to profit by such examples. The road to military honor will be guarded all the way by the hearts of those who may be your subordinates. You cannot travel that road unless you can command those hearts

Schofield, 1879.

He right. He was just right. And things like new cadet hazing, ratline, or whatever bullshit they have A&M is just the worst way to foster good officers. I didn't do it, and I had a great military career. I had great NCO's that worked *with* me, I had a better senior subordinate relationship with my units, and always got great work out of them. I wasn't their friend, but I wasn't their enemy either. And that's something that hazing always causes. The few that don't go that path are the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>34361014
>Dress belt
The Navy uses those as their NWU belts and A&M is an NROTC school, that's probably some bastardized delusion of a uniform reg.
>>
>>34361450
You realize that the "upperclassmen enemy" thing goes away after freshman year, right?
At least in my experience at A&M.
>>
>>34361470
The different belts denote class (freshman through senior) rank.
>>
>>34361260
This is incorrect. Ive personally seen multiple people get out of commissions, and theres also programs to go reserve immediately after graduating.
>>
>>34361494

It will always be there. Long before 'safe spaces' and 'snowflakes,' or even pyschology as a modern scientific discipline, Major General Schofield knew, after having served as a superintendent for West Point, that it was a *VERY* bad system, because people DON'T forget.

And leme tell ya, as a retired officer, as someone that was very much an outsider looking in, it was clear that it *did* cause flaws. That's why West Pointers, or even sub academy guys, are... what they are. Fucked up, as most enlistees would put it. They're too by-the-book, too elitist, don't know how to behave around their own peers much less subordinates, and have a very warped view on discipline and ways to gain unit cohesion when in command. I didn't fall into that trap only because I had been an NCO prior to attending USMA, but being 100% honest, I could absolutely see how I could have gone down the same path had I not had that prior experience.

The culture breeds it. My father called it incestuous, and I agree 100%.
>>
>>34361431
>And, my own experience, as I neither ascribed, condoned, or encouraged that type of behavior, saw that my own command style, and those of my subordinates that I fostered under such views, excelled where others failed.
That is entirely what this argument is, for both you and I. Personal experience. Your experience at West Point and and mine at VMI are two completely different things. We graduated from different schools with different mindsets, prior experiences, and attitudes towards the systems we went into. We can both type about this until we are blue in the face. But from what I see it was mostly positive and forced people to embrace the suck and try and better themselves. Did some kids get kicked in the dick? Yes, but they either went away and forged their own success or worked within the system and better themselves.

>It hurts unit cohesion.
You know what also hurts cohesion? One guy sandbagging that refuses to change his ways when you're a rat and doesn't want to get with the program. It happens. So the company command deals with him how they want to, within the rules prescribed by multiple committees that I worked on. I've also seen a new platoon of rats gather around that guy and make him better when he is at that low. You keep mentioning Schofield. You do understand Thomas Jackson was bullied and became one of the greatest military thinkers of a generation right?

>It makes it so that after you graduate, when you may no longer outrank your former subordinate, you can not work as colleagues.
It can, but that behavior is generally discouraged. Or at least It was when I went through the system. You're an outside commenting on a system you never experienced.

>>34361535
>The culture breeds it.
I've said this before, it's different cultures. Not everyone that goes to VMI commissions, not all of them go into the military.
>>
>>34361527
Please provide an anecdote where an Air Force cadet who completed the POC was able to refuse their commission without paying back their benefits or enlisting. Or a Navy midshipman who completed their scholarship/advanced standing term without doing the same. Were they medically disqualified? Because they used to allow that without paying the price, but not anymore.
>>
>>34361614
The majority of POC at my Det arent even on scholarshp. The most recent example was a kid whose family died in a car crash his senior year, fell apart, and the Det commander let him withdraw it.
>>
>>34358000

Texas A&M isn't the only school that does this you faggot. Virginia Tech does as well.
>>
>>34361613
>Muh hazing make me super hard man lmao
>>
>>34361867
>wah my corporal said something mean to me
>>
>>34361875
>Discipline is 6 guys beating on me and filling my anus with their fists without crying
>>
>>34361306
>>34361431

The only people who apply to west point tend to be the shitbags, even with that there's only one or two of them.

Also the ratline literally is all about unit cohesion and discipline. One of the main objectives of the ratline having the rat mass coming together as a class and being able to function as a cadet.

It taught me how to function with people who may not be the same as me, different companies, different ROTC and even different athletics. Why? because we were all rats, we had the same haircuts, the same ratline shit and lastly because we were brother rats. Lastly what the ratline taught me after walking through Jackson arch 5+ times a day and yelling it sweaty as balls in Cocke hall was "you may be whatever you resolve to be" or basically you can be whatever you want as long you put your mind to it.

The teachings that VMI does isn't about becoming a perfect officer, that's what your ROTC department is for, it's teaches you how to stay true to your character throughout the shit and to produce model citizens in the world of work.

Hell after the ratline I fucking thanked one of my RDC reps for hazing me
>>
>>34361900
>I can't tell that kid he needs to fix himself, his feelings may be hurt
>>
>>34360615
prickly pear grows in non-desert areas
it's native to Illinois even
>>
>>34361958
>The teachings that VMI does isn't about becoming a perfect officer, that's what your ROTC department is for, it's teaches you how to stay true to your character throughout the shit and to produce model citizens in the world of work.

Then you guys shouldn't be allowed with 100 yards of a combat unit. If every waking moment isn't being spent becoming a perfect officer, we've got no use for you.
>>
>>34361146
This is patently false, at least for NROTC. I had a 4 year scholarship, and I was required to go active duty, unrestricted line. Meaning I had to go SWO, Nuke, aviation, spec war, etc. I couldn't even chose to Intel, supply, seabees, etc.
>>
Also idk why the fuck anyone would willingly subjugate themselves to 4 years at one of the academies instead of just doing nrotc. You still get a degree and you still commission, but you get to enjoy college. I had a blast in college, even with nrotc. PT 3 times a week isn't bad at all. The required nrotc classes were interesting most of the time (especially the ethics classes), and I made some great friends.

My unit was only ~35 people (both navy and marine). Although we were a very small unit, I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>34361045
Are you kidding? Constituional carry and vermont has no laws on supressors.

Vermont doesn't even HAVE a concealed carry law.

NH, VT, and ME all allow you to do whatever the fuck you please with almost no restrictions at all. NH is no loaded rifles in car, loaded handguns only with CC permit, which is shall issue.

VT doesn't bother with laws.

ME is constitutional carry, no other restrictions I am aware of.

None of these states restrict open carry.

Texas is shit.
>>
>>34358000
>Dress belt
>in ACUs
>Wearing ranks and whatever fagboy in front has on his pc
>fatass has a dress rank
>That lonely muhreen wanabe in the back
>>
Still more Military than USAFA
>>
>>34362280
>Also idk why the fuck anyone would willingly subjugate themselves to 4 years at one of the academies

Because they get first choice in service selection and get paid to go to school

Also muh tradition
>>
>>34359916
As a refugee in Texas this is the most accurate description of Texas I've come across. I love the pristine F350s I see with custom paint jobs and off road tires people drive exclusively in highways.
>>
>>34362441
That's not exactly a high bar.
>>
>>34361977
this x1000
>>
>>34362441
>inb4 butthurt doolies
>>
>>34362507
Remember to vote for dems, they'll keep those nasty trucks out if the streets and guarantee everyone a livable wage! And when that doesnt work out because of rethuglucans you can just go somewhere else and do the same thing all over again.
>>
File: l.jpg (77KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
77KB, 1365x1024px
>it's a "make fun of A&M" episode

I like these
>>
File: VA Awoo.jpg (195KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
VA Awoo.jpg
195KB, 900x900px
>>34361241
>other VMI alums posting on /k/

What year did you graduate?
>>
>>34362168
>was an enlisted MP
>tells strangers online what a combat unit needs in an Officer

Shouldn't you be...like...checking ID's or something?
>>
>>34361217
Holy fuck did Texas JROTCs trigger me in Highschool.

Our Battalion sent guys about down there for competition a lot. Bunch of minorities partying it up and being an absolute disgrace.

Though, if you found the few good ones they almost made up for the rest just on their own.
>>
>>34358000
>Why does Texas A&M pretend to be a military academy?

They are though.

Also Corps of Cadets is separate from ROTC. Thankfully I don't have to do that bullshit because I'm not going to TAMU as an undergrad.
>>
>>34363255
If combat units were in charge of making thier own decisions you would wind up with the /k/ruise but ten times more retarded and on land.
>>
>>34362917
Of fuck off, there's a big goldurned difference between being a libtard and simply not wanting to be a fat brainless cow being led around by (((global corporations))) from feeding trough to feeding trough. Be your own man, get some exercise, learn outdoors skills, raise crops/ stock, do something, anything other than sit around and spend money on garbage all day like all of the other Texans.What a sad, sorry existence; hurr at least they vote red.
>>
So sorry you have never heard of the University of North Georgia. We are small but really do produce the best officers. Even Colonel O'Donnell himself said that when he came to visit us. We are better than West Point in the fact that we aren't weird little entitled shits and get great training with what we have. We make do which is what you fucking do in war. You can have a normal college life here and also get excellent training. You aren't stuck in ROTC 24/7. You learn to soldier and too be a well rounded person. We have normal women here. Actually as a fact there is a 1-3 male to female ration (outside of the Corps though) because we have a nursing program. We have a Corps of Cadets here that is two full battalions strong and multiple "specialty units" that focus on patrolling and military mountaineering. If you really want to go the infantry/ranger route. Not only that but we are the only Senior Military Academy that trains at Camp Frank D. Merrill. Home to the mountain phase of Ranger school. Ive run lanes up Conner Mountain (Ranger school grads know how shitty than can be) and done that land nav course 6 god damned times. Do you do that at West Point or Texas A&M? No you don't.

Sure West Point has a big budget and can send all their cadets to Airborne or Air Assault but any good officers will get to go to those in time anyways.
The company CO from Restrepo/Korengal graduated from UNG too.

>>34361016
I don't know why your stuck-up ring knocking ass keeps calling them 'Sub-academies". They are by definition called Senior Military Academies or SMA's for short...
fuck I hate West Pointers

Sorry to reign on your parades but you all suck.
>>
>>34363626
This reeks of lolbertarian slacktivist, keep swining for the fences buddy, I'm sure Oklahoma will look great when your inability to be realistic leads to wherever you live turning into a cesspit of high taxes and shittier gunlaws. But at least you aren't a sheep MAAAAAN
>>
>>34363587
No that dude is right. You are trying to be the person who makes life and death decisions. Not to be a fucking better person for the world.

As Nate Fick said in his book "plenty of nice guys have gotten their Marines killed because they didn't know their jobs"
Yeah he was a Marine but combat leadership is combat leadership.
>>
>>34363587
So your saying you have no fucking idea what a combat unit needs in an Officer.

Glad we settled that.
>>
>>34363674
I live in the land of Live Free or Die, one of the most libertarian states in the nation, and on par with the best for firearms rights. Keep leading a nigger- tier existence, since it's like 70 degrees and breezy right now, I'm going to put my loaded handgun in my pocket and walk down the road to the farm stand to buy an ice cream and laugh at you.
>>
>>34363861
>new cuckshire
>le based ben and jerrys
See you on a couple years when you lose against hoards of massholes and New Yorkers
>>
>>34361178

Wast a Cadet over 10 years ago. Subdued brass simply did not exist. We also were forbidden from wearing subdued buckles or any military issue items or equipment from outside the Cadet Military Supply Warehouse. I had to get special permission to wear a boonie cover and camelbak, both military authorized personal purchase items, when doing brush clearing on a cadet activity, which was pants on head retarded.
>>
>>34362352
Mainefag who currently lives in texas

This, Texas is fucking garbage as far as gun laws go compared to NE (excluding CT RI and MA)
>>
>>34363284
>not going to TAMU as an undergrad
What type of an economic reject do you have to be to get a masters?
The only answer that you can give and not be a complete faggot is chemist.
>>
>>34364127
>forgetting
>new york
>new jersey
>maryland
>Delaware
I agree maine, vermont (besides its retarded tax structure) and New Hampshire are based but they are islands in a sea of shit.
>>
>>34358627
Seven six two millimeter. Full metal jacket...
>>
>>34364198
None of those states you greened are in New England, which is what he meant by NE. The Northeast, what I think you read NE as, is the jewish asshole of this country.
>>
>>34361977
Correcting a subordinate and hazing are two separate things. Hazing destroys morale. Ive always had the best fucking squad when I was in and never once had to do any of that dumb shit that people like you think is cool to get them to do things and they gave me all the turds.

Fix the problems. Council your guys. Treat them like adults.

Literally all you have to fucking do.

After that, if they dont get with the program they should be disciplined the right way.

>GEE I DUNNO WHY IM STANDING BEFORE THE MAN ALL I DID WAS TRY TO RELEASE HOMOSEXUAL AGGRESSION ON AN ADULT THE THE MILITARY IS SO WEAK

This is why people do 4 and get out, because theyre surrounded by weird narcissistic sadists.
>>
>>34363991
>eating kikes' cream
I'm freer'n you are.
>>
>>34364178
not that anon but even the feds are starting to look mainly at people with masters degrees now. Ive talked to several recruiters and they say most people they take on have masters degrees now. Everyone has a god damn bachelors. Its the new high school diploma.
>>
>>34364178

Have two BSs, can't get work because everything requires a masters or you have to be an engineer now doing non-engineering work. Most recruiters in GIS and geology want an engineer or a masters who can ALSO do some work instead of a degreed and experienced geologist and GIS tech. I have experience, but not enough experience.
>>
>>34362352
>constitutional carry
So does Texas
>no laws on supressors
... So does Texas
>NH is no loaded rifles in car, loaded handguns only with CC permit,
In Texas your vehicle is considered an extension of your property. You can can keep any gun, loaded or not, in your car without any kind of permit
>which is shall issue.
Again, so Is Texas

>None of these states restrict open carry.
The only places that restrict are federal buildings, obviously, and privates businesses which is as it should be
>>
>>34364400
>Texas has Constitutional carry

lmao no it fucking doesn't, and you need a permit to even open carry. Are you trolling, or are you a moron?

>>34364198
>new york
>new jersey
>maryland
>Delaware
>part of New England

This is also false
>>
>>34364236
>>34364567
I interpeted NE as North East.

Also what the fuck happened to Connecticut? It used to be a firearms engineering hub.
>>
File: SGT-Hartman-2.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SGT-Hartman-2.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
Question for academy fags how far up the ladder can you go with no political or family connections (Major, Colonel?)
>>
>>34361613
>>34361431
I'm only commenting here, to throw a different perspective into the mix. I went into VMI bright eyed and ready to go. Completed the ratline, took pride in the bullshit that we went through, wasn't disliked, pretty neutral overall. But I think my class had some of the most toxic individuals in it. After the ratline, they formed groups and cliques within the companies, and they reverted back to their high-school days. A lot of the optimism, courage, and team building did not exist after the ratline. It was a popularity club. It was gross, and even though I didn't stand out due to my other priorities, it really changed my experience after that first year. For my own reasons, I left before graduating. I enlisted in the military, deployed, did my time, got out, and now deploy and work as a DoD contractor. Over those 6 years or so, I tried to remain in contact with my "brother rats" in my class, and they looked down on me. When I saw them in person, they thought I was second rate, and from a collegiate standpoint I very may well be, but anyone in the military knows that if individuals talk about you and your service, how you are as a man, etc., that shit can fuck up your faith and good name in other military networks. Problem is, this was coming from the same class of "brother rats" that were now riding desks as Lieutenants. No point in retaliating, but it's frustrating, and makes you wonder what the point of the ratline was, when you get word back that these individuals have a problem with you because you didn't graduate from their magical military academy, and found your own path. I have 2 close friends that I maintain contact with from my years at the Institute. The rest can shove it. I do think that my class was anecdotal, as the class that came after me seemed like genuine good kids that reminded me of the stories I read, that made me want to attend there in the first place.
>>
>>34361977
Are you really telling them to unfuck themselves or are you just beating them and force feeding them liquor because you had a bad day and want to power trip?

Really activates my almonds
>>
>>34364591
>what happened to Connecticut? It used to be a firearms engineering hub.

That elementary school that got shot the fuck up by that Lanza kid was in CT I think. Lotta knee jerk shit got passed in the state despite nothing happening nationwide IIRC
>>
>>34364674
Cont.

Also, it is frustrating if you go to VMI expecting the traditions to continue. Bottom line: It is changing and becoming more PC every year. Our class alone had a metric fuck-ton of rape accusations/ barracks whores, who all left to become military, or use the Institute's name to get a cush job in Virginia. It got so bad, that if a couple was found in the barracks fucking, all the girl had to say was that it was rape, and then it all became hush hush, and it was usually the male cadet that was prosecuted, while the female continued. Yes, I know the trouble with rape accusations, etc. but it's troubling to live next to a room full of girls, who would literally boast about them taking turns on what guy was coming over after lights out, and then a year after leaving, hearing about those same girls getting mixed up in a situation like that, when the OD/OG came into the room and caught them. It's messy. It's difficult. It kills the cadet body. There was always a lot of animosity between sub groups. Athletes get away with murder, because most of the time, they didn't go through the ratline in the first place, and have no problem telling you that "They didn't come here for that bullshit". It isn't uncommon to have athletes in their junior (2nd class) year coming down for parades with fucked up shit and looking like trash. There is a lot more that I could delve into. The honor code is a selective joke, Washington and Lee hates the Civil War history, etc. but it is all just a mess.
>>
In for Texas is unironically the most American state, even at the height of their "come and take it" secession.
>>
>>34362352
Did you even look up Texas laws
>>
>>34361209
Recent AFROTC graduate, every single AFROTC candidate who passes field training after their second year signs a contract that holds a four year active duty commitment. You can by SPECIAL REQUEST go to the reserves or guard if you're a special snowflake. And then there's those who get out if the commitment for a variety of reasons, but there's no selection process for active duty through AFROTC. And at time of signing the contract you're rated as an E3 in the reserves until date of active duty comission.
>>
>>34358000
>pretend to be a military academy?

Fuck of alot of pilots come out of A&M. True fact
>>
File: Hensoldt_Case - Copy.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Hensoldt_Case - Copy.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>34364986
Explains why every maintainer ever for aircraft always bitches about stupid fucking pilots breaking shit and putting out even more fucking stupid MAFs

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1482168781644.png (89KB, 431x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482168781644.png
89KB, 431x503px
>>34358000
>>34361150
>fat
>>34358627
>>34358704
>>34359966
>>34361178
HOL' THE FUCK UP
HOL' THE FUCK UP

I feel the need to point out that this guy isn't an original in that particular group of cadets at Texas A&M.

Spider D, or D-1, are a really haze-y frat boy type group of dudes that run off of whiskey, hazing, and Copenhagen.

That fat guy was forced to transfer into their group by the Corps because the Corps punishes D-1 for being too haze-y/alcoholic by sending them fucks that they then haze out of the Corps.

Current cadet and I don't care about anything else in this thread, but I do want people to know that nobody that looks like that could last a year with that group of guys.
>>
File: weeb_garbage.jpg (475KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
weeb_garbage.jpg
475KB, 1536x2560px
>>34365121
im in ur library, readin ur b00kz
>>
>>34363626
>In this moment I am euphoric
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>34365214
Good luck, I've had sex in half of the study rooms in Evans.
>>
>>34364674
>>34364767

Hell people like Chesty Puller and Clarence E Sutton didn't graduate from VMI and the school treats them like alumni.

I'm a cadet right now and I know a few people who are going to enlist and I see no problem with it, but mind how exactly did your BR's put you down? Did they start calling you co-matriculate simply cause you enlisted?
>>
>>34358000
Citadel grad here, please tell them to stop making their rings look like ours.
>>
File: 1498421599174.png (75KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
1498421599174.png
75KB, 198x198px
>>34365258
Yeah, well I masturbated in all the books.
Every
Single
One
>>
>>34365414
Bruh.
You're only 30ish years older than us.
>>
>>34365432
Joke's on you.
I'm a poultry science major and don't read books because I'm an illiterate farmer.
>>
>>34365446

Goddamn I miss when we all had woodland shit.
>>
>>34359966
>not using superior clover app for lurking on the go
>muh pre-written greentext stories no one cares about are on my desktop
Fuck off nigger. I've lurked here for years and about shit myself when I found about clover a few years ago. Stop trying to act like an oldfag
>>
File: IMG_4724.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4724.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>34365258
Hopefully no one I knew
>>
Who has the most battle streamers of the SMCs?
>>
>>34358000
Produced more officers then west point and the navel academy did during ww 2
>>
>>34365620
VMI

>Only one of the SMC's to deploy cadets to a active battle and have ten cadet die during said battle
>Campus got straight burned down and shelled during the Civil war too
>>
>>34365446
it ain't PT if it doesn't go past this side of Pickard's pass
>>
>>34365804
It isn't PT unless you pass the bush school.
>>
>>34365810
boiiiiii
>>
>>34363125
How's Charlie Strong?
>>
>>34365783
False fucker. Try The Citadel
>>
commissioned officers are all snakes.
>>
>>34365897
>Cid has nine authorized battle streamers
>VMI has fourteen but only chooses to use one
>Cadet rangers weren't even cadets but cadets who left to enlist.

Nice try
>>
>>34364400
>constitutional carry
lol, try open carrying a pistol in texas without a permit.
>>
>>34367048
What?
>>
>>34358000
>Why does Texas A&M pretend to be a military academy?

>Why does Texas Agriculture & Military pretend to be a military academy?

>Why does a military academy pretend to be a military academy?

>Why does OP act like a faggot?
>>
>>34368636
The M stands for mechanical. Besides Texas Tech is better
>>
>>34368673
Huh, you are correct and I was wrong. Mea culpa I guess, though I still maintain that OP is a collosal faggot.
>>
File: 1480143744329.jpg (53KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480143744329.jpg
53KB, 638x476px
>>34368673
>Besides Texas Tech is better
At what exactly?

I mean, school experience wise totally.
Most guys I know at Tech are experimenting with crazy drugs, get smashed drunk every day, and fuck all sorts of bitches.
All that while maintaining good grades, but that's because Tech is a glorified community college and classes are easy as hell.

Smart people go to A&M or UT, depending on their political leanings.
Kids that didn't do so good on their SATs but don't want to stay in their small town community college go to Tech.

I'm not even being mean or rude or anything.
All of my dumb friends went to Tech, party all the time, and have like 3.5+.
All of my smart friends went to A&M or UT, never have time to party near as hard, and have like 3.0s.
>>
>>34368770
Tech actually has a good business and agricultural school. Hell half the ag research you see in Texas is by TTU. Even have good meteorology school too
>>
File: 1482030097258.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482030097258.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>34368870
They have "good" business and agricultural schools when compared to the vast majority of universities.
Even though their liberal arts programs are absolute trash/not worth the paper they're printed on.

But Mays business school out of A&M and the TAMU College of Agriculture are larger, better funded, more well respected, and produce more than Tech's.
Which is still in counter-point to what he was saying about Tech being better than A&M.
>>
>>34368770
>Texas Tech Nursing School
If you ever want to deal with egotistical cunts who can't do shit, don't know shit, but act all smug with their degree in hand, look no further than TTU.
>>
>>34359916
What you're describing are city slickers copying the rural areas. Texas has been invaded by vapid faggots from California living vicariously. They define themselves based on what they buy and wear instead of what they do. There's a massive difference between a self centered shit kicker jumping out of his mud covered CUMMINS looking around to reaffirm his ego that people are indeed paying attention (probably because he bought into the Oilfield meme), and a rugged looking middle aged man who oozes charisma and confidence because he's secure in his family and career driving a modest F250 or Ram 2000 etc. that he actually uses for work.
>>
>>34368906
What the hell is going in this gif
>>
>>34369160
>An old A&M meme was that nobody was allowed onto the field because it's Kyle's house.
>Some LSU or whatever cheerleaders ran onto the field.
>Cadet takes his saber from the sheath and tries to stab cheerleader for stepping on the grass
>Other cheerleaders gang up on him and beat him up

The 70's-80's was a wild time.
>>
>>34363125
Hook em!
>>
File: IMG_4746.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4746.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>34369179
>The guy was trying to harm someone for stepping on the field.
>pulls out a fucking saber
Was he at least kicked out of the corps for that
>>
>>34367048
>try doing something that requires a permit without a permit
>hurr durr state's laws are a shit
>>
>>34369374
>Was he at least kicked out of the corps for that
He was kicked out of the entire University.

But it's not like it really mattered, he was a senior and had his Aggie ring.
He'd already made all of the connections he was going to make in college and could easily wrap the last few hours up anywhere else.

Plus in Texas once you've got your Aggie ring (End of Junior year) you can get a job anywhere.
Tons of people don't even finish their degree; they go long enough to get the ring and then drop out.
>>
>>34369428
>>34369374
Edit:
They let him come back for the last semester.
So basically he just lost 12ish hours worth of credit (which matters fuck-all).
>>
>>34368673
>the school with its own STD
>better than anything
>>
File: IMG_3784.gif (328KB, 90x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3784.gif
328KB, 90x140px
>>34369475
>his university doesn't have its own catchy std
>>
>>34369179
Wew. He sperged out hard
>>
>>34358627
authentic!
>>
>>34370375
>>34365121
>>
>>34358000
not worthy of even licking the shadow of NMMI
>>
>>34370475
>NMMI
>Only 1/3 as large
>Commissions 1/3 the number
>Thinks it's even worth thinking about

Plus A&M has 58,000 non-cadet students so you can get your dick wet as much as you want.

I've got buddies that go to NMMI and the only options are cadet sluts that could turn on you on a dime.
>>
File: Jessica_Jaymes_2014.jpg (26KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica_Jaymes_2014.jpg
26KB, 220x330px
>>34370534
it's only HS/Jr. college
Jessica Jaymes was a grad
muh Aliums ayyy lmao
and fuck A&M - Go Hogs Go!
>>
>>34370475
My grandad went there before commisioning as a naval aviator in WWII, threatened to send my dad and his brothers off to "the Institute" if they misbehaved (they lived in Midland, TX).
Have his big old NMMI belt buckle
>>
>>34362352
>constitutional carry
This is the only thing we don't have

>suppressors
Dude what? Completely legal to own and hunt with here.

>NH is no loaded rifles in car
You can have a loaded rifle in your car here as long as you're older than 17

>loaded handguns only with CC permit, which is shall issue.
You can have a loaded handgun in your car here without a CWL as long as you're older than 17.

Maybe learn to look up laws before you talk out of your ass.

>>34364127
>I don't look up the laws for where I'm living because I'm dumb
>>
>>34362352
but texas didn't give you berncuck sandos
>>
>>34365840
pretty sure he got canned a while ago. I don't really follow football though, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>34369475
>>34368770
Hate us cause you ain't us
>GUNS UP!
>>
>>34371126
Roswell might have been an upgrade from Midland.

I kid, I kid. Sorta. Not.

I've heard so many stories, my best friend and his 3 older brothers went there. All served active afterwards, settled down (eventually - lol) and are all upstanding citizens. They just never discuss the grays.
>>
>>34368770
Our engineering program is pretty good, especially petroleum and mechanical
Just became tier one research school too
Ignore the cushy degree fags, you have them too
>>
>>34369428
>ring meme
Kek aggies and their ring autism
Just stop
>>
>>34371649
Sure, but our engineering programs far outstrip yours.
And we've been a tier one research university for a good while now.
He said that y'all were a better university, emphasis on the word better.
You're successfully defending tech from being called a glorified community college on the merit of your better-than-average engineering, business, and Ag programs, but nothing you have is better than, or even usually as good as, any program A&M offers.

>Ignore the cushy degree fags
But that's like 85% of the people at Tech.
>>
>>34371677
Well I do know the Architecture program is the best in the south and south west. I don't think it's the best, I chose it over a and m for the scholarship gibs
>didn't go rotc
>instead struggled getting picked up into the navy
I made a lot of misteps
>>
>>34371677
>>34371692
Imma have to disagree on your engineering program far outstripping our desu. Mechanical engineers I've met there tend to know jack shit about mechanics/controls, but they do have
>MUH RING
>>
>>34359916
>poring over satellite imagery of Texas for months at work now
Jesus anon it's not radioactive.
>>
>>34371710
We're rank #49 in the world for our engineering program.

Y'all are #387.
>>
>>34371741
cool, so your grad students do more research
doesn't mean a bachelors from there means jack
>>
>>34371741
You also left the big 12 and ruined a 100 year old tradition
>>
File: IMG_4753.gif (3MB, 477x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4753.gif
3MB, 477x344px
>>34372036
Also you don't have the famous bell ringer
>>
>>34362280
Academies pay full cost of attendance. Most NROTC schools don't offer additional money for room and board + living expenses (a few do).

>PT 3 times a week
Fuck you I'm jelly. 4 years of getting up at 5AM every weekday sucked ass.
>>
>>34362456
>First choice in service selection

No, they don't. Most of the unrestricted line communities work off of a national merit system that ranks every 1/C and OC In the country, whether they're in NROTC, the Academy, or OCS. However Special Operations and Special Warfare give a pre-determined number of "berths" each year to the three in a rough 40/40/20 ratio. So considering there's less academy guys than NROTC commissioning each year, your chances are better at Annapolis if you want to be a SEAL or EOD officer.
>>
>>34365085
But the autopilot switch doesn't work in the O F F position you mooseknuckle, it needs to be fixed.

My skipper went to Texas a&m.
>>
File: koxsw6O.jpg (115KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
koxsw6O.jpg
115KB, 1280x800px
56yo class of 83, apparently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cVDJtoVL-c
>>
>>34372117

>4 years of getting up at 5 AM every weekday sucked ass

I hear ya there. And Sundays, if you didn't go to church, good luck sleeping in and getting caught up on homework. You were cleaning as soon as the first Cadet officer heard you walking to the bathroom.
>>
>>34371677
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings
>>
>>34358000
I only saw one Corp Turd wearing his class ring. I wonder if these were civilians doing a "weekend with the Corp" kind of thing.
>>
>>34365840
He left/got fired a while back, now UT has Tom Herman (I think).
>>
OCS was alright
>>
>>34373520
Top ten here. I'm shocked that rankings go that low.
>>
>>34373520
Yes.
We are #11 in the US.
They are #94.

What was the point?
>>
>>34373574
Nope.
I know those guys.

When the picture was taken that was a bunch of freshmen with one whitebelt, one parson's sophomore, and one about-to-get-hazed-out fatass that was transfered from a different outfit.
>>
I'm going back for nasty girl smp/rotc at LSU and am so glad to have sidestepped all this autism
>>
>>34359916
My ex is from a nice part of Dallas and this is true of the people there. I've been out to West Texas and it's totally different there, though.
>>
>>34364178
>The only answer that you can give and not be a complete faggot is chemist.

The irony is nobody would EVER get a masters in chemistry. Most schools don't even offer a MS program in chemistry. Usually masters are just given out as a consolation prize for people who drop out of the PhD program.

Getting an MS in engineering is a whole different story, though.
>>
>>34372054
Kek
>>
Sounds like there's a lot of officers in this thread, and some prior enlisted ones as well. I was wondering, is the Army much different on the officer side of things. I just got out as an E4 11B, and I'm about to start school. I'm not entirely sure what I'll do afterwards, but I figured getting back in and going to OCS would be an option. I liked the Army, but I felt like I was stagnating, especially with the lack of combat deployments and the redundant training.

Anyways, is being an officer worth it? I know it's an obscure question, but that's the best way I can put it.
>>
>>34377342
You'll be middle management and risk mitigation.

OCS is more difficult.
Try going back to college and ROTCing.
>>
>>34372117
We got a stipend if we lived on campus, plus our monthly stipend for being scholarship MIDN. You can easily make a profit by doing NROTC. I made a profit of about 4k a semester, going straight into my bank account.

>>34362456
>first choice for service selection
But that's wrong
>>
>>34378171
>But that's wrong
If someone at a Senior Military College doesn't get active duty their PMS can knock someone from a random ROTC program off the list and put the SMC guy there.

It's basically the only reward for getting hazed and living like an autistic sneaky (if you want to party) monk for four years.
>>
>>34378207
If your implying that by "knocking the ROTC guy" means sending him to reserve, perhaps for Army, but not for Navy. Navy ROTC commissions active duty.

Unless you were simply implying that the ROTC guy loses his choice of like aviation, and has to go SWO instead. And even then, I sincerely doubt that.
>>
>>34378265
Yeah, it means sending him to reserve.
But also,
>Implying we're talking about NROTC

Why would anyone care about NROTC in a discussion about A&M?
They're like 1/10 or less of the cadet population.
>>
>>34360615

You're retarded.
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (333KB, 1330x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
333KB, 1330x770px
>>34360883

Right on, brother.
>>
>>34358627
Real life Private Pyle.
>>
>>34364178
>What type of an economic reject do you have to be to get a masters?

1. If you're applying to a doctoral program and you don't get funded, as in they subsidize your tuition and give you a stipend, then they don't want you. And if they let you pay your own way then they think you're a retarded sucker.

>The only answer that you can give and not be a complete faggot is chemist.

2. I'm going to the Bush School of Government and Public Service which awards public policy graduate degrees. Which are professional degrees that are the Poli Sci equivalent of an MBA.
>>
>>34358627
What is this?

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>34378546
>1/10 or less

Is it really that low? I'm meeting a shit to of guys from A&M in flight school right now. Like, a lot.
>>
>>34382303
It's really that low.
We have 3,000 cadets.
>>
>>34365353
I dont know what yall are talking about. My class is pretty squared away for the most part. rah 19
>>
>>34368770
>Smart people go to A&M or UT, depending on their political leanings.
NO, smart people do 2 years at a community college and finish up at college like UNT. My god you faggots just throw money away on the college meme.

Even better, learn a trade. I know plumbers who are making more money than most people I know who went to college.
>>
>>34383894
>19
>squared away
>>
> ctrl-f "land-grant"
> Phrase not found
>>
>>34383894
Strain faggot. '16.
>>
>>34365542
>treating browsing and posting like an idle activity and doing it in public or while doing other things
>unable to edit images or make OC
>typing shorter messages and taking less time to post them
you're cancer and "acting like an oldfag" is typical behavior of someone who, big fucking surprise, prefers the behavior of oldfags
phoneposting is a disease, go ahead and say "everyone does it" because that's a perfectly good reason to do something stupid that decreases post quality
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.