[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying face to face

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

So I'm just about ready to buy a gun from a person face to face and my friends who've I've asked to tag along have spun up the worst possible scenarios about what could go wrong.

Now I'm getting nervous about the deal. Any tips on making sure I don't get mugged?
>>
>>34355936

Do the exchange at a police station parking lot.
>>
>>34355936
if I was selling a gun and the buyer showed up with a bunch of people I'd turn 360 degrees and walk away. don't be a fucking sperg holy shit.
>>
Do it in broad daylight in an area with constant surveillance, be polite, and don't try to haggle last minute.
>>
>>34355963
It's more common to show up with a buddy than not, everyone on both sides understands that it's the safe thing to do. Do you actually own any guns?
>>
>>34355963
>360 degrees
>away

Ints summer
>>
>>34355985
>he doesn't moonwalk away
>>
>>34355985

Do we have to have this scripted conversation each time? He says 360 degrees, someone calls him newfag/summer, someone else calls out that guy for actually being a newfag, and then it just gets more and more meta-autistic from there.
>>
>>34355985
It's*
>>
>>34355999
Summer out in full force today boys.
>>
>>34355985

Ikr? He should of turned 720 degrees, then walk away.
>>
>>34355975
Not once has that ever happened go me. it's not anyone else's fault you feel so insecure handling a business transaction that you have to bring a friend to feel big and tough. do you bring your mom when you apply for a bank loan?
>>
>>34355936
Youll be fine, ive sold guns to some real shadey characters thatvall said they aint felons and im still fine
>>
>>34355936
you must establish dominance like a proper businessperson, bring a bunch of guys with rifles at the low ready
>>
>>34355936
You don't have anything to worry about, it's just your friendly neighborhood undercover ATF agent.
>>
Meet in a public place that is well lit, and use your common sense. You can usually tell by their email grammar, and their speech what kind of person they are going to be.

I met one dude in a Wal-Mart parking lot at 11pm to trade guns. Ended up becoming friends.
>>
>>34356020
It's past your bedtime, sport.
>>
>>34356087
Im sorry I struck a nerve. Did your daddy have to buy your car for you too?
>>
>>34356103
Project harder pls.
>>
>>34355936

Just tell them you want to meet and complete the transaction at the parking lot of your local police building, or a lot right next to/ across from it. If the sale is legal and they don't intend on harming you, they have no reason not to.
>>
>>34355936
Meet in the police station parking lot.
Tell them before hand what you plan to do. Make sure it's ok.
If he is not willing to do that then it's not worth it to buy it.
>>
>>34355936
Am I the only one that likes California style transfers, as in meeting in the safety of a gun store and having your buyer background checked to make sure he's not a felon or psycho planning on shooting up school kids?

I can't believe we're supposed to support this as safety-minded gun owners. I actually have two funs worth $2000 I don't want to sell because of how ghetto my area can be and the likelyhood some pieces of shits will show up...
>>
>>34356203

I was pro-universal background checks.

Then they did it in my state and left the wording so vague that just handing someone a gun to shoot at the range could be a crime.

It's the same fucking shit every time. An inch is given and a mile is taken.

So at this point, fuck em. I want my full auto and suppressors and fuck you no common sense is going to happen. Zero negotiation is on the table anymore.
>>
>>34356272
Don't underestimate negotiation. What if the deal was we get suppressors they get background checks? The problem is the right isn't putting anything like that on the table, instead they let the left make some new legislation then try to fight it from there without negotiation.
>>
>>34356203
My only real problem with universal background checks is that is basically a handout to FFLs that do transfers.
>>
>>34356020

You're pretty retarded.
>>
>>34355936
Ignore everyone besides me

>Have ONE (1) friend at your side
>He will do the same
>Have TWO (2) more friends at 45 degrees on either side of you providing overwatch with Cheytac M200s
>He will not do the same
>>
>>34356203
then sell them at a gunshow?
>>
>>34356020
>Im begging to get robbed by 5 nignogs in a car.
>>
File: 1497953015112m.jpg (204KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1497953015112m.jpg
204KB, 1024x765px
>>34355985
Yes it is summer, and you are it.
>>
>>34355936
>Now I'm getting nervous about the deal. Any tips on making sure I don't get mugged?

Meet at a FIRING RANGE. Say you want to try the gun out.
>>
>>34356010
hello summer
>>
>>34355936
Most face-to-face sellers have been more courteous and kind than the fuckheads behind the counter at gun stores.
>>
File: bears05.jpg (282KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
bears05.jpg
282KB, 1200x600px
"Hey Fred could you do me a favor?" "sure, what do you want?" "could you come over to my house? I'm selling one of my guns to some guy and he seems real sketchy. I don't want to get mugged or anything"
>>
>>34356272
There are two main problems with universal background checks:

1) They're completely unenforceable without a registration scheme of some kind.

2) They've never managed to get implemented in a way that isn't completely fucking retarded.

>>34356377
I'd rather be able to hold my buddy's gun without committing a felony than be able to get a suppressor more easily.
>>
File: 1497733041703.jpg (36KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497733041703.jpg
36KB, 600x500px
So what's the process of buying a gun out in the open? I assume you gotta be a bit discreet and not just go waving an AR-15 or 1911 in a parking lot.

And as the buyer, should I ask for the seller's info just like I expect him to ask for mine?
>>
>>34355999
Found the newfag
>>
Jesus christ you spergs have you never interacted with another person before? Just make some small talk and trade cash for gun. If the seller looks sketchy as all hell ask him to sign a bill of sale so you can prove where you got the gat from if he won't then fuck right out of there.
It's just that simple.
>>
>>34356149
Great idea, now BOTH of them will get shot by the police because the cops fear an impending terrorist attack.
>>
>>34356751
what model gun is that
>>
>>34356751
ohhhh kid

dont post for 5 months
>>
>>34358397
Wouldn't telling the police ahead of time pretty much take care of any worries?
>>
File: 360.png (11KB, 245x407px) Image search: [Google]
360.png
11KB, 245x407px
>>34355985
> t. Newfag
>>
>>34355999
it's a bot. like the one on /g/ that says ">using the smiley with a carat nose" every time someone posts ":^)"
>>
>>34355985
>see group, do sick 1080 air over their car, keep skating when you realize you don't need the gun for yetis anymore
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.