[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving to a sketchy side of town and am buying a handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0881.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0881.png
1MB, 750x1334px
I'm moving to a sketchy side of town and am buying a handgun to carry with me all the time. Redpill me on .22 vs 9mil for self defense. Currently I'm looking at a P22 and a glock 43
>>
>>34354514
The p22 is garbage and 22lr is an unreliable round.

You're a faggot.
>>
Get a P30

or a glock if you're a poorfag
>>
Can a .22 kill? I've read differing reports
>>
>>34354514

P22 is a great 22 plonker but 22 long rifle is inherently poor at cycling due to the rim so all 22 mag fed guns won't cycle perfectly every time. Also, 22 seems to have more duds than 9mm.

Get the 9mm if you value your life, not just because of power but mostly because of reliability. A glock 43 is a small slim reliable gun, other names also have reliable guns that fit the niche but I'd carry a glock 43 over many of them.

>>34354572

Yes, it does, just too slowly to be useful normally. You probably don't want to have to have to shoot someone and hope they don't kill you until they bleed to death
>>
>>34354572
>can it kill
only if you shoot them in the eye and the bullet bounces around.
But really 9mm is ideal.
>>
>>34354572
It can kill, but it will not do so reliably with one or two hits.

9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP are the trinity of self-defense cartridges for semi-autos.

.357 mag and .38 SPC +P are considered good revolver cartridges.

.380, and .32 ACP are the bare minimum for sub-compact semi-autos. Be a good shot.
>>
>>34354572
Nigga a rock can kill. A sling can kill. "Can it kill?" is a poor question to ask. If you're a poorfag, and it sounds it, you're probably looking for something in the middle of Cost, Power, Concealability, and Penetration. A compact 9mm is pretty much square in the middle. There are a ton of guns in that niche. I'd look to spend $300-$400 and have ~$200 put aside for ammo, holster, cases, and a CC class. Go to a pawn shop and finger fuck all the guns. Then go to a different pawn shop and do the same. Then go to a big box store and do it a third time, then think about it. Then check Gunbroker/Armslist and see if you can get a deal. Factor in the ~35 for shipping and the ~30 for FFL transfers/background check.

You can get a new Stoeger Cougar in 9mm for ~290 shipped, it's a decent gun, maybe a little chunky for carry, but comfy in the hand, and a good company.
>>
>>34354514
just get a 1911 in 45 or are you some kind of communist faggot
>>
>>34354890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojtZakKT5FE
>>
>>34354966
Pretty much, yeah. Catch one of those rocks, and if you're not dead, you're very very unhappy. But I still wouldn't recommend someone CC a sling to defend himself against redguards.
>>
File: 1490398508441.png (552KB, 1053x704px) Image search: [Google]
1490398508441.png
552KB, 1053x704px
>>34354514
>redpill me
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>34354514
>Redpill me on .22 vs 9mil for self defense.
Theres literally no reason to use .22 for self defense over any common pistol caliber. 9mm is fine with the right ammo.
>>
File: 9mm vs 9mm.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9mm vs 9mm.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>34354514
Get a 40 or 45, the 22lr cycles poorly in my experience. Nothing really wrong with 9mm, but might as well have a bigger bullet.
>>
9mm will kill groid more better.
>>
>>34354514
I have a p22 and I would not trust my life with it.
>>
>>34354514
what the fuck is that thing on the pig's head OP?
I'll assume from the filename that you took that picture
>>
>>34355321
It's a screen cap from a pig slaughtering video
>>
>>34355104
Yeah, slings are stupidly lethal if you know how to use one. But more or less useless if you haven't practiced for half your life.
>>
>>34355321
That's a sledge hammer. You stun the pig with a blow to the head, then hoist it up by its hind legs and slit its throat. Kinda brutal, but you are trying to kill the pig.
>>
>>34354782
This. I got a brand new S&W Shield in 9mm(dat $75 rebate tho) because I dont own any S&Ws and was curious.

Took 2(50 ct) boxes to the range, it only jammed once. On a brand new gun. Out of 100 rounds. Compared to Glocks that I had bought new, that was amazing.
>>
>>34354514

if you have to get a 22 get the ruger sr22

the walther p22 really is crap

look at 380s if you don't want a big 9m

or look at ruger sr9s
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.