[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 188x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 188x183px
Hey /k/, will bayonets make a comeback when SHTF? For example: Clearing street gang militias out of buildings? Or if one runs out of ammo mid fight.
>>
no. clearing buildings will consist of throwing a molotov through an opening or hiding in a bush outside the building and waiting for someone to come out so you can shoot them.
>>
>>34353687
it would be useful if a street monkey grabs the barrel of your gun, just yank and thrust and all of a sudden youre Leonidas
>>
>>34353699
Only works with wooden buildings.

Pipe bombs for concrete buildings.
>>
>>34353904
>>34353699
explosives will only draw more people in, depending on where and level of SHTF
>>
>>34353687
So I don't know what kind of SHTF situation this is but I'd generally just avoid trying to take buildings period. One floor buildings are a possibility if desperate, but never multi-floored especially if you know there's several living there.
From (limited) experience, building clearing is a fucking nightmare and trying to use stairs when you're taking the offensive is next to suicide without support.
In terms of bayonets, I mean I'd rather have one than not but mostly for non-combat situations since a blade is just handy to have.
>>
If someone's close enough that you think you need a bayonet, but can't shoot them for whatever reason, a bayonet isn't really going to help. Maybe if your rifle jammed I guess, but you could still butt stock or shove the barrel into their throat.
>>
>>34353699
It's counterproductive to burn something if your trying to take it
>>
>>34354775
lots of people died on the eastern front before they realized that instead of taking buildings you need to roll up artillery and level them. a lot of guys with ar15s are going to get themselves killed if they think having a semi-auto rifle means they wont get shot by a guy hiding in a mess of old furnishings.
>>
>>34353687
Yes, bayonets could be useful for close quarters fighting or when one runs out of ammunition. They were typically used to seize ground (military objectives) and force the enemy to retreat. But as others have mentioned, it can also be very risky doing so.

In a realistic SHTF scenario, a sword bayonet would probably be more useful than something like a triangular bayonet because you can do more with it.
>>
>>34354929
"what if the building is of strategic importance" is the question that was being posed to you

I would love to bomb the shit out of every enemy we have, but then we would be kings of rubble.
>>
File: 1479372535157.png (420KB, 720x455px) Image search: [Google]
1479372535157.png
420KB, 720x455px
There were a few successful bayonet actions in Iraq and Astan so you never know.
>They ran across 600 feet of open ground toward the entrenched enemy. Once on top of the Mahdi fighters, the British bayoneted 20 of the militia. Fierce hand-to-hand combat followed for five hours. The Queen’s men suffered only three injuries.
“We were pumped up on adrenaline — proper angry,” Pvt. Anthony Rushforth told The Sun, a London-based newspaper. “It’s only afterwards you think, ‘Jesus, I actually did that.’ ?”
What started as a surprise attack on a British convoy ended with 28 dead militiamen and three wounded U.K. troops.
http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/these-british-troops-launched-a-proper-angry-bayonet-charge-during-the-iraq-war
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.