[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Leaf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1416.jpg (106KB, 940x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1416.jpg
106KB, 940x811px
>Leaf
>>
Totes original thread bro XD
Liked and upvoted!
>>
>>34349842
>not realizing that it's not only skill, but also being at the right place at the right time
It's pretty awesome, but since it's /k/ I don't expect anyone to drop the "muh cuntry's better" mantra.
>>
File: MG.jpg (39KB, 458x604px) Image search: [Google]
MG.jpg
39KB, 458x604px
>>34349842
>and other factors
holy fucking hand-wave Batman!
>>
>>34349842
>Aimed shot at 3000m
Lol. Dude got lucky and had a good ballistics calculator,
>>
>>34349980
This, essentially.
>Bong sniper that got the 2500m shot took 9 rounds to zero onto target with the aid of spotter, an immobile unaware target and what he himself described as perfect shooting conditions
>Leafs expect everyone to believe that their 3.5km shot was anything more than good equipment and sheer luck
>>
>>34350004
>>34349980
High level shit always takes luck retard.
>>
>People think this was a cold bore shot
>People don't know what harassing fire is

Until I am proven wrong, I maintain that he was suppressing a target and got lucky. Even the most skilled marksman, under ideal conditions, would have a hard time getting within a few yards of a man sized target. I am convinced that on his 5th or 6th round his spotter went, "holy shit mate, you actually hit one, pass the syrup."

Nevertheless, congrats Canada.
>>
>"holy shit mate, you actually hit one, pass the syrup."
I spat out my fucking coffee hahahah.
>>
I've been wondering, how the fuck high do you have to aim for a shot like this? I'm imagining borderline shooting straight into the air and just raining bullets down onto the target until one happens to strike him.
>>
>>34349842
They did it in metres, it doesn't count.
>>
>>34350104
350g Hornady A-max drops just under 800 feet at 3800 yards (about the distance that the shot was made)
>>
>it doesn't count
>it was luck
Why are burgers so salty?
>>
>>34349853
>skill
>12.7mm

Boy that's pure luck
>>
>>34349842
100% likelihood it will be robots doing this type of sniping in the future. not optimal to expect a human to do this
>>
>>34350028
...ok? What's your point? The 5th entry in world's furthest kills is some burger spraying a 50 cal HMG with a scope on it
>>
>>34352153
Except that's completely false though.

They were single shots and he's was using an optic. No spray and pray at all
>>
>>34351185
It's cool and all, but lots of people don't seem to understand this isn't some feat of skill.
>>
I'm still pretty sure that the longest range kill with a rifle was probably some nameless fucker in WWI spraying rounds into the air with his sights set to 5km with some unfortunate random fucker on the other end who died from the one bullet that landed on target.
>>
>>34349842
The day of the rake still draws nearer.
>>
>>34353418
Sure, it isn't "some feat of skill" in the same way that the creation of all of Shakespeare's works isn't some feat of skill because you can man a million typewriters with a million monkeys they'll be able to come up with shakespeare too after a million years, you dumbass
>>
>>34353418

By your shit logic, any shot at any distance takes no skill.

>Lol distance was measured and calculations made, no skill after that

This is not something an average shooter can do. Would the shooters group size be measured in meters? Absolutely. All the more impressive that he was able to keep his target inside of that group until he made a hit.
>>
>>34349842

>Not to scale
>>
>>34353411
But he was certainly just harassing them and surprised to make a hit right
>>
File: 1490145514746m.jpg (122KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490145514746m.jpg
122KB, 1024x575px
>>34349842

> Not to scale
>>
>>34353799
>>34353834
It's mechanically impossible to reliably hit a man-sized target with a .50 BMG at that range, regardless of the rifle you're using. You can stop the damage control anytime leafs.
>>
>>34349842
>"curvature of the earth"

LoL, No! Curvature of the earth has shit to do with Bullet drop.
>>
>>34357248
>What is the Coriolis Effect
>>
>>34357320
The Coriolis Effect has nothing to do with the curvature of the earth. It is the effect of the earths rotation meaning that the round will deflect slightly in flight, since the ground was moving in a different speed and direction to the airborne round, dependent on the hemisphere and direction of the shot in relation to the axis the earth is moving. Stop getting your info from CoD.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.