[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OFFICIAL /k/ HANDGUN BRAND TIER LIST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 28

File: Guns.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Guns.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>God Tier:
Glock
S&W (Revolvers)
Walther

>High Tier:
Sig Sauer
Ruger (Revolvers)
FN
Kahr
Steyr

>Mid Tier:
CZ
Hi-Point (Price considered)
Springfield
Kimber
Canik
Colt

>Low Tier:
Beretta
S&W (Semi Autos)
Ruger(Semi Autos)
Kel-Tec
Bersa

>Shit tier:
Jiminez, Cobra, etc.
Taurus
>>
Not a chance in hell Glocksucker.
>>
File: 1482329393058.jpg (70KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482329393058.jpg
70KB, 900x900px
>Glock in high tier
>Colt in mid
>Beretta and Keltec in low
>mfw

You should have to prove you own a firearm before being allowed to post on this board
>>
>>34349005
And this is based off what?
>>
>>34349005
HK should be at the top. Glock Should be mid tier. Beretta should be higher, Canik and Kahr should be with Taurus. Ruger and S&W Semi auto's should be higher as well. And Springfield and Kimber should be down a tier.
>>
I'm a Waltherfag and while their flagship guns like the PPQ are indeed God tier, if you look at their whole product line the Umarex shit knocks them down to High tier.
>>
This thread is gonna blow up with undeserved glock hate

>i don't even like glocks
>>
File: Beretta_92FS.jpg (72KB, 840x536px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_92FS.jpg
72KB, 840x536px
>>Low Tier:
>>
>>34349005

>Kahr
>Canik [Google "canik slide cracks in half"]
>springfield
>Beretta on low tier
>>
File: Oh really.gif (382KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
Oh really.gif
382KB, 500x338px
>>34349005
>>God Tier:
>Glock
>S&W (Revolvers)
>Walther
>
>>High Tier:
>Sig Sauer
>Ruger (Revolvers)
>FN
>Kahr
>Steyr
>
>>Mid Tier:
>CZ
>Hi-Point (Price considered)
>Springfield
>Kimber
>Canik
>Colt
>
>>Low Tier:
>Beretta
>S&W (Semi Autos)
>Ruger(Semi Autos)
>Kel-Tec
>Bersa
>
>>Shit tier:
>Jiminez, Cobra, etc.
>Taurus
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (39KB, 714x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
39KB, 714x344px
Manurhin
God tier GIGN weapon
>>
>>34350937
Yeah, that's where it belongs.

>Retarded safety design and bad trigger.

The g variant is the only not shit one.
>>
>>34350963
Manurhin, korth, and old sphinx are elder god tier.
>>
File: 7335985317.jpg (184KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
7335985317.jpg
184KB, 750x745px
>>34349005
This is God Tier bait
>>
>>34349005
>Moron doesn't even list Browning or HK,

OP is looking forward to middle school.
>>
>>34351103
I swear half the people who complain about the safety either never used one of have fat fuck sausage fingers
>>
>>34349005
>I am Poor
>>
>>34351112

t.hasneverevenseenagun
>>
File: begin.jpg (172KB, 606x454px) Image search: [Google]
begin.jpg
172KB, 606x454px
>>34349005
If this thread hits the bump limit I hope you get banned.
>>
File: 1474142159299.jpg (75KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1474142159299.jpg
75KB, 750x740px
>Top Tier (High quality construction, reliable, look good; lemons almost non-existent from these manufacturers.)
0. Colt (prewar)
1. H&K
2. Colt (modern)
3. Browning/FN (Belgium)
4. Sig Sauer (W. Germany)
5. Beretta

>Good Tier (These companies all make very good guns, but may have one or more of the following sorts of issues: lemons exist, rough edges, no focus on aesthetics, occasional entire gun or parts recalls, or possibly other issues; lots of very nice guns in this tier.)
7. CZ
8. Glock
9. Walther
10. Smith and Wesson
11. XD
12. Steyr
13. FNH (America)
14. Chiappa

>Acceptable Tier (These guns tend to "just work," but you are guaranteed to have some rough edges, and the guns may require a bit of TLC by the end user to get it running its best; all of the potential issues from the above tier apply here as well; generally good guns.)
15. Ruger
16. North American Arms
17. Canik and most other Turkshit

>Garbage Tier (These guns all have their fanbois who claim that it "works for me™," but all have widespread reports of reliability, safety, durability and other serious issues; avoid buying if you're white.)
18. Kahr
19. Kel-Tec
20. Bersa
21. Taurus
22. Hi-Point
>>
>>34355308
>hi point that low
for the ugly bricks they are, they have god-tier reliability and customer support. should be higher IMO, if only for the hi-point carbine.
>>
>>34355308

Pre war Colt?

Which war?

Wanna know how I know you've never touched a gun?
>>
File: Baretta Perfection.jpg (37KB, 818x600px) Image search: [Google]
Baretta Perfection.jpg
37KB, 818x600px
>Beretta
>Top Tier
>>
>>34355969
It's sad /k/ still doesn't have country flags. The only two conclusions I can draw from your post are that you are either retarded, too young to be on 4chan, or you aren't American. In the latter case, it's understandable, but you should really disclaim it so people don't get pissed at you for acting like a jackass when you could have simply done the polite thing and asked me to explain what I meant by "prewar," since you're clearly not getting it.

"Prewar" is an extremely common term used in America to denote the drop in the quality and in the availability of skilled craftsmen in the workforce - in all sectors of the market - after WWII, due in large part to the fact that so many of them died killing Nazis and Japs. Just in my experience, this is well known and well documented with Colt's manufacturing and Gibson's (maker of guitars, banjos and other instruments) manufacturing as well. I am certain there are other examples with other items produced by skilled craftsmen, and anecdotes exist with literally every other gun manufacturer, I can only give specific examples from those two companies because I have extensive experience with them. In the case of Colt, their production ceased entirely during WWII and production of many of their handgun models was simply not resumed after the war. As gun manufacturing became more and more mechanized, the few skilled craftsmen remaining became less and less relevant, many of the skills have simply died out.

>>34355724
Go watch Hickok45's video on the Hi-Point because I think it's your best shot of seeing an objective experience of someone who knows about guns, rather than some poorfag trying to justify his purchase instead of writing a review. He had plenty of stoppages on camera. That said, the Hi-Point is mainly rated that low because they are ugly, they are not user serviceable, they are made of low quality materials, and generally not intended to survive shooting 10,000s of rounds.

>>34356047
OK, you got me.
>>
>>34356047
Seeing that the company has been around for like a century, i'm not surprised that they've had just a failed design.

Not everyone wants to be glock and survive by making exactly one product.

>>34355308
I would argue Kel-Tec should be higher just because they actually try to innovate; there is no shortage of Kel-tec designs. Some work, some dont, but some of the most niche or weird-feature guns on the market are made by Kel-Tec.
>>
>>34356176
Kel-Tec has a lot of really innovative designs, and the company itself shouldn't be in Garbage Tier at all. However, the implementation of their designs is absolutely horrendous. I have yet to meet a Kel-Tec owner in real life who was happy with his gun, and even the ones I have talked to online who claim their guns to be 100% reliable always seem to have done significant TLC to their guns to get them running right.

When I wrote "may require a bit of TLC" for Acceptable Tier, I was referring to things like removing a magazine floorplate and rubbing the top of it against sandpaper a little bit to get the magazine to seat a little more easily into the magwell (as in the case of my LCPII with the flush floorplates); or with my North American Arms Guardian, I had to take the grips off, put some oil down into the mainspring housing and dry fire the gun 100+ times to take some of the grit out of the trigger pull. Both guns were totally functional without doing that, though.
>>
File: 1465680704460.jpg (49KB, 750x727px) Image search: [Google]
1465680704460.jpg
49KB, 750x727px
>>34356176
M9 sucks ass too
>Slide mounted safety
>That grip angle
>That bore axis
>>
>>34355308
>only acceptable
>North American Arms

Explain. I thought these guns were made to very high standards like little Swiss clocks.
>>
revolvers brands should probably be in a seperate list all together.
>>
>>34355724
I'd say a mid tier to low. Mine shot beautifully but it did have a lot of jamming issues with different load outs. Other than that, did what it needed to do and for the price, can't complain.
>>
File: wojakdrplebs.jpg (76KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
wojakdrplebs.jpg
76KB, 571x618px
>>34349005
>Ruger revolvers not in god tier
>Glock in god tier
>S&W revolvers in god tier

Have fun daydreaming about your backwards spinning cylinder and polymer grenades, noguns.
>>
>>34355308
Who's 6th?
>>
Funny note. Today I am bringing my Glock into my local gun store to sell it. Why? Cause my Taurus PT809 just is all around better (grip, recoil, performance, etc) and my Curve conceals perfectly.
>>
>>34354027
Shot all. Keep thinking your taurus brand taurus is good though.
>>
File: 1498363127544.jpg (81KB, 842x792px) Image search: [Google]
1498363127544.jpg
81KB, 842x792px
>>34352826
My dad owns one and I've shot his for years. It was the first semi auto hand gun I ever shot. There's no denying that it's unergonomic compared to literally any other safety. You have to rotate your hand more than other slide-mounted safeties even because of how thick the grip is. Unless your thumb has 5 joints and one is a ball and socket, in which case use one of your people's plasma pistols.

It's a bad safety. Deal with it.
>>
>>34357818
Ruger revolvers should be even lower actually.

One of the shittiest triggers made today, including taurus. And they're ugly to boot. At least shitty wesson used to be good. Ruger was always shit.
>>
>>34355308

>ruger
>below smith and Wesson

Want to know how I know you have never owned a revolver?
>>
>>34355724
Ok Eric.
>>
>>34357857
>Cause my Taurus PT809 just is all around better (grip, recoil, performance, etc) and my Curve conceals perfectly.
Buying a Taurus is a crapshoot. You might get one that runs perfect and you only spent $300 on it, so you have a decent gun for a low price point. What's more likely to happen is getting a gun that needs to be sent back to Taurus twice before it actually shoots normal ammo well. The last PT809 we got at my place of employment had a strange feature where the slide locks back without an empty mag and it just sits there until you use a rubber mallet to knock the slide back into battery. The decocker is kind of cool on those though.
>>
File: 1495948902040.jpg (63KB, 613x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495948902040.jpg
63KB, 613x479px
>>34357857
Austria simply can't compete with the quality of Brazilian engineering and manufacturing. Truly, they have much to teach us.
>>
Most common handgun calibers only in this variant of tiers. Considering only center of mass hit with proper defensive loads. No, not doing stoppin' powuh. Key word "instantaneous". No, not doing capacity.

Like motorcycles, I believe in starting small and working your way up the ladder.

>God (yes God) tier.
>Stop the fucking mental gymnastics to avoid using a word.
>Causes 99% instantaneous death.
>Even a femur becomes a grenade when hit and still causes instant death.
Virtually every revolver chambered in .44 mag and up, and .50 AE.
You'll survive even if your aim is shit.
Start at this level, and you are a dumb ass.

>Critical condition tier, unlikely to survive, unless the surgeon is gifted.
>Instantaneous death in over 80% of direct hits.
Virtually every revolver chambered in .357 mag, and 10 mm.
You'll survive if you can aim.
Hopefully you shoot 6" groups at 7 yards at the range.

>Critical but stable condition tier, even county hospital and MASH surgeons can save him while racing a 15 minute egg timer.
>Instantaneous Death in over 50% of direct hits.
9mm, .357 SIG, .38 Special, .40 S&W, .44 Special & .45 ACP
You'll need semi-automatic fire to survive an encounter, or a minimum of 3 hits with the Specials.
Hopefully you shoot 12" groups at 7 yards at the range. I've seen worse.
If you skip .22 LR, this will be most peoples first exposure to guns.

>Shit tier.
>Anything with death in less than 50% of direct hits.
.22 LR
You'll need fully automatic fire to survive an encounter.
Pew Pew, I'm a cross-eyed Storm Trooper.
>>
File: 1494297713493.jpg (71KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1494297713493.jpg
71KB, 500x334px
>>34358390
You know so little about the human body it amazes me. "Instantaneous death" is exceedingly rare outside of massive trauma to the medulla oblongata.

Wait...I just took bait.
>>
>>34358447
Thank you Commander Spock
Your Vulcan logic has saved the day once again
Naturally, at the smallest sense of time, "instantaneous" does not really exist
But here you, being a autist
What definition do you prefer?
I will maintain a version history just for you
>>
>>34358482
You want someone to die in a few seconds? Brain stem. Lose consciousness in under a minute? Heart/ascending aorta.
Anything other than that is a crapshoot.

Now shush. Unless another medic chimes in or there is a trauma surgeon with something to say, this subject is done.
>>
>>34350824
Is there anything wrong the Kahr pistols, other than being a Korean cult product? They are one of the few companies making all-metal pocket pistols.
>>
>>34358534
Fucking asstard, what revisions do you want?

I'll just have to guess since you have no real communication skills.

----------

Most common handgun calibers only in this variant of tiers. Considering only center of mass hit with proper defensive loads. No, not doing stoppin' powuh. Key words "near instantaneous". No, not doing capacity.

Like motorcycles, I believe in starting small and working your way up the ladder.

>God (yes God) tier.
>Stop the fucking mental gymnastics to avoid using a word.
>Causes 99% near instantaneous death.
>Even a femur becomes a grenade when hit and still causes near instant death.
Virtually every revolver chambered in .44 mag and up, and .50 AE.
You'll survive even if your aim is shit.
Start at this level, and you are a dumb ass.

>Critical condition tier, unlikely to survive, unless the surgeon is gifted.
>Near instantaneous death in over 80% of direct hits.
Virtually every revolver chambered in .357 mag, and 10 mm.
You'll survive if you can aim.
Hopefully you shoot 6" groups at 7 yards at the range.

>Critical but stable condition tier, even county hospital and MASH surgeons can save him while racing a 15 minute egg timer.
>Near instantaneous Death in over 50% of direct hits.
9mm, .357 SIG, .38 Special, .40 S&W, .44 Special & .45 ACP
You'll need semi-automatic fire to survive an encounter, or a minimum of 3 hits with the Specials.
Hopefully you shoot 12" groups at 7 yards at the range. I've seen worse.
If you skip .22 LR, this will be most peoples first exposure to guns.

>Shit tier.
>Anything with death in less than 50% of direct hits.
.22 LR
You'll need fully automatic fire to survive an encounter.
Pew Pew, I'm a cross-eyed Storm Trooper.

Version 0.0 Original Release
Version 0.1 "near instantaneous" was "instantaneous" or "near instant" was "instant"
>>
>>34358390
You are now aware that 7/8 people who are shot with handguns survive
>>
>>34350909
Umarex shouldn't count, it's not even made in the same factory. Even then, the P99 is too godly for that to affect it.
>>
File: Ellifritz_Incapacitation.png (35KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
Ellifritz_Incapacitation.png
35KB, 500x319px
>>34358547
No, anon. You are the fuddlore.
>>
>>34358612
Source?
Also only considering center of mass, not head shots.
Have you ever been to a range, noguns?
>>
>>34358612
Sample size is ridiculously low for that very, very informal 'whitepaper'. Until hospitals or police departments keep tally on caliber (hard to do for hospitals who may end up with only a fragment), it's all heresay.
>>
>>34358634
>Source
Search the image.
>Center mass
Removing headshots just reinforces the idea that handguns are far less lethal then this mythical "99% near instantaneous death" idiocy.
>>
File: j8h6a8zjnglx.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
j8h6a8zjnglx.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw MRI never makes the lists...
Wonder why
>>
File: sigbake.jpg (1MB, 2156x2611px) Image search: [Google]
sigbake.jpg
1MB, 2156x2611px
>>
>>34356176
>Seeing that the company has been around for like a century,
455 years, actually.
>>
>>34358871
Can't do math, huh?
>>
>>34358643
>Sample size is ridiculously low
Agreed. Will not lead to a revision of my alt tier.
>>
>>34358643
That is an excellent criticism. Unfortunately, without shooting a lot of people in a controlled setting, I don't think it is really possible to get a complete understanding of the role of specific caliber/loading/projectile performance on the human body.

Ellifritz's observations are limited by incomplete data on GSW victims' physical health, lack of data on types of projectile, range, intoxication, not to mention all the GSWs where the caliber is not documented.

The idiot who got his information on handguns from old westerns and eighties action movies can fuck right off, but you are ok.
>>
File: 1497759643370.jpg (75KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497759643370.jpg
75KB, 407x600px
>>34355969
>Not understanding the term pre-war
>calling someone a nogunz
>>
>>34350940
Googled Canik slide cracks in half. Couldn't find anything friendo.
>>
>>34357841
Typographical error.

>>34357708
>thinking that jamming is acceptable in mid tier

>>34357857
(You)

>>34357151
They aren't made like Swiss clocks. I would say that the Guardian is to Seecamp what Ruger is to Smith and Wesson - canted hammer, gritty trigger pull, generally needlessly beefier construction than the Seecamp (2 oz heavier) despite basically being a clone of it in design. My mini .22 revolver also had a slightly canted hammer.

>>34357908
Stop saying that. I've owned many Rugers over the years. Rugers are consistently rougher around the edges, have worse triggers and are more prone to having minor issues than Smiths, and that's even taking into account Smith and Wesson's sporadic drops in quality. If YOU had owned both, you'd understand this.

>>34357914
If you actually shoot your guns, then you only need to ever buy one Taurus to know how shitty they are.

>>34358390
Did you come up with that from playing video games?

>>34358546
>Is there anything wrong the Kahr pistols
Quality is highly variable. There are lots of people who swear by the all metal Kahrs, but the plastic ones tend to have issues jamming, at least until a significant amount of the plastic frame rails have sheared off for there to be no friction when the gun is cycling. I have also read very disturbing things about the barrels peening on the forward corner of the barrel hood, which is required for positive lock up.

>>34350909
There are some disturbing things on Walther Forums right now about Walther barrels peening as well.

>>34358801
Very low sales, few people have owned more than one of them, and it's hard to judge a gun that has no practical purpose. My Desert Eagle jammed badly and I hear that this is common for the model. Based on my sample alone, I'd put the gun into Garbage Tier; however, some people would say that some jamming is acceptable for a range toy (like .22lr firearms), given how fun it is to shoot the rest of the time.
>>
>>34360238
>Did you come up with that from playing video games?
Do you have valid, trusted sources or not?
Clearly keeping a public revision history is more than anybody has ever done here.
>>
>>34360263
The burden of proof lies on the one making the claim. I just asked you a question. Your avoidance leads me to believe that I touched on a sensitive topic, probably because you're ashamed of your answer.
>>
>>34357893
But it's really not. You sweep the safety off similar to sweeping off a frame mounted safety.

Learn to handle your firearms.
>>
>>34360286
>The burden of proof lies on the one making the claim. I just asked you a question. Your avoidance leads me to believe that I touched on a sensitive topic, probably because you're ashamed of your answer.
Asstard, if you have different information, then share it. Otherwise, go back to sucking on your butt plug.
>>
>>34360318
Your avoidance of my question speaks volumes.
>>
>cocks in God tier

what the fuck man
>>
>>34357841
Oh, wait. It looks like I left out Exeter Sig Sauer. They would have been #6 at the top of Good Tier. Not sure how the entry got deleted, must have happened accidentally because they were definitely there in my initial draft.

I remember debating whether CZ should be considered better than Exeter Sig, due to the many problematic designs that Sig has put out recently, for example with the P238/P938 having so many reported problems and revisions by the manufacturer after the initial release. Sig still makes a lot of quality guns, but using your paying customers for beta testing of your products is a shit business practice, and CZ has never done it. On the other hand, every CZ I've ever held or owned has just felt "less refined" than pretty much every Sig, even the ones completely designed in Exeter.
>>
Walther would be God tier if they would just continue developing the PPQ platform. Fuck the PPX or Creed; I want a subcompact version of the PPQ for concealed carry usage.
>>
>>34360410
Typical dipshit
>muh proof burden
No data in your counterargument
No argument
>>
>>34362447
>no data in your argument
>expecting anybody to take your /v/-tier bullshit seriously
>>
>>34358871
They were rebranded i thought, like a new company took them over. i may be thinking another gun company
>>
>>34362505
I don't believe that happened with Beretta. It has happened with Springfield, Remington and Marlin, though, possibly Winchester too, although I am not positive on that last one.
>>
>>34362505
Beretta is owned by the Beretta Holding Group, and the majority of the stock in that company is owned by the assorted members of the Beretta family.

I think it is amazing that they survived WWII intact, but there they are.
>>
>>34362468
Still no data from you
>>
>>34362641
You keep telling him that but what data did you supply for your outlandish claims?

Be careful with your high caliber handCANNONS anon, wouldn't want to shoot in self defense and accidentally kill five of your neighbors instantly.
>>
>>34349005
why is glock higher than sig sauer
>>
>>34357893
You're a fucking retard.

You sweep your thumb forward and it disengages the safety. There's no extra effort to it at all. Most of the time I do it when I reach down to unholster. It actually makes my whole drawing process a lot smoother.

In short: kill yourself.
>>
>>34349005
>Glock I anything but mid tier

Try again.
Glock is literally the McDonald's of handguns. Literally nothing special Bout them at all.
>>
>>34364625
Spotted the noguns.
>>
File: 20170612_235834.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_235834.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
>no zastava
>no witness
>>
>>34356176
>Not everyone wants to be glock and survive by making exactly one product.

Then why does literally every major company release nothing but glock imitations now?
>>
>>34357857
THIS RETARD OWNS A CURVE
>>
>>34357893
How small are your hands? Are you 11?
>>
>>34358547
He's not asking you to make revisions. He's telling you to shut the fuck up because you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and are spreading bullshit information with your hastily typed out walls of fuddlore.
>>
>>34359435
That information was gathered by the Japanese in China and was given to the US for immunity for gathering said information.
>>
>>34365422
Im 6'2" 200. It wouldn't matter if my hands are big or not. You still need to move your hand more to actuate the safety than in other, better, design.
>>
File: 1494955890721.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
1494955890721.png
56KB, 209x248px
>>34360305
>Durr it's "similar" to a good safety. You just need to flip it in the opposite direction and it's mounted higher so you have to stretch your hand more.

>what do you mean that's retarded?
>>
high
>Sig Sauer
>CZ
>FN
>HK

mid
>Steyr
>Beretta
>Glock

low
>Taurus
>Colt
>S&W
>Kimber
>Walther
>Ruger

shit
>Hi-Point (stop being a poorfag, the only thing it has going for it is muh reliability which all guns should have)
>>
>>34364625
>Literally nothing special Bout them at all.
Objectively false. They have Lego tier aftermarket only matched by the AR15 and you can't drop your pants at a gun show without flashing a certified Glock armorer.
>>
File: 1496966627983.jpg (323KB, 1254x704px) Image search: [Google]
1496966627983.jpg
323KB, 1254x704px
>>34363982

>You sweep your thumb forward and it disengages the safety. There's no extra effort to it at all.

Assuming your gun starts in your holster when you take the safety off. Even then it's further from your grip and your thumb will have to make a wider sweep. If you start with the gun in your hand you need to shift your whole grip to flick it instead of one part.

>In short: kill yourself.

It'd be easy since I don't have a retarded safety getting in the way. Instead I'll live to enjoy the tears of butthurt dagos.
>>
>>34365628
>Colt, Ruger, Kimber, S&W, Walther and Taurus all in the same tier
Go away, /v/.
>>
File: IMG_2862.jpg (112KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2862.jpg
112KB, 799x531px
>>34349005
What tier is SVI?
>>
>>34365639
>If you start with the gun in your hand you need to shift your whole grip to flick it instead of one part.
So, again, the problem with the safety is you have tiny fucking hands and can't reach the controls? It works just fine for the men here, go knit a scarf for your Glock 42.
>>
>>34364625
They are the among the most reliable and have the highest capacity to weight ratio of any modern pistol. Those are two things which set it apart there.
>>
>>34365566
The Beretta safety is considered a standard safety type in Europe. When you are trained to use only that type of safety (or when you are smart enough to learn two systems), then the "opposite" argument goes away. There is nothing inherently better or more intuitive about clicking a safety down to fire.

And before you get to technique, it's true that some people have trained themselves to shoot all handguns with their thumb resting on the "1911 thumb safety location" or "riding the thumb safety" in the case of shooting actual 1911s, but this is not an inherently better shooting grip. Anyone who shoots Sigs, HKs and some other types of handguns will tell you that this shooting grip is a great way to lose your last round slide hold-open by accidentally holding the slide catch down. I shoot both Sigs and 1911s, and I just use a thumb-over-thumb grip (dominant thumb over and slightly behind non-dominant thumb) for all handguns, since it's the most compatible with a wide variety of gun designs. Absolutely no difference in my ability to control the gun.
>>
>>34365643
i started a list and didn't want to put the effort into finishing. taurus should prolly be in its own category, maybe with canik or bersa. my list isn't supposed to be the objective list of best firearm companies, just my personal taste
>>
>>34365708
Still shit.
>>
>>34365566
https://youtu.be/YExmUVvOqd8

Did I make you mad because I showed you how much of a faggot you are?
>>
>>34365661
I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's measurably slower and inferior to any other option. This is part of the reason every police force, and now the army, is dropping them.

They'll take their place alongside the model 10 as bargain basement curiosities. No new gun buyer should be tricked into thinking it's anything but a disadvantage.
>>
>>34365754
>the Yankee faggot

How about we overcome the issue by just buying a good gun in the first place?
>>
>>34365770
It is a good gun, moron.
>>
>>34358612
>.22 more deadly than 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 APC
You're both fucking retarded
>>
>>34365690
Thumb over thumb is how you should be holding it, which is why the beretta design is bad. It puts the safety further away from your right hand (assuming you're right handed) while you're gripping the gun that way. And the slide stop is positioned in the same general area on other guns, so your thumb will be resting near it anyway. Not that it would matter since when you're not actuating safeties, you otherwise wouldn't be moving that thumb.
>>
>>34350921
>blow up
nice one
>>
File: 1452931256703.jpg (12KB, 410x415px) Image search: [Google]
1452931256703.jpg
12KB, 410x415px
>>34365776
Then why does nobody use it anymore?
>>
>>34365822
Nice fallacy.

Why do I see so many people on /k/ have one?
>>
>>34365806
The original Beretta 92 may be a bit large for some hands, but the M9A3 fixes this by shortening the grip, and other guns with slide-mounted safeties, like the PX4, the Makarov, the PPK, Ruger P95 - just among the guns I've tried - will fit a wide variety of hand sizes. It it's not too far away for your thumb to reach it, which the 92 isn't for a lot of people, then what's the problem?
>>
>>34365831
Because old ones can be had used for less than $400.

Government funded police agencies and militaries can afford better. As can most people not working part time McJobs.
>>
>>34365838
The problem isn't the length, it's the thickness, which they addressed in the A3 by thinning the grips. Regardless, the relative distance of the safety from your thumb remains an issue on it an other guns with slide-mounted safeties. People "can" and do use them, but it's far from an ideal or desirable feature. At best, it's not a problem.
>>
>>34365905
>The problem isn't the length, it's the thickness, which they addressed in the A3 by thinning the grips
It's the circumference of the grip, which is technically both.

>Regardless, the relative distance of the safety from your thumb remains an issue on it an other guns with slide-mounted safeties.
It's only really an issue for certain guns if you have small hands, but even if your hands are on the small side of medium, there are guns with slide-mounted controls that you'll be able to use. I feel like 80-90% of men won't have any issue manipulating a Beretta 92's controls, and of the 10-20% that do have an issue, most of them can figure out a way to still make it work.
>>
File: kTpjvcF.jpg (579KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
kTpjvcF.jpg
579KB, 3264x2448px
>H&K in OP pic
>no H&K in OP list
>>
File: 20170626_012902.jpg (870KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_012902.jpg
870KB, 1836x3264px
>>34357893
No, you just have tiny hands.
>>
>>34349005
>beretta
>low tier
Obvious nogunz go the fuck away
>>
>>34365456
Yet no dipshit will provide counter point
This is how i know i'm right
>>
>>34365493
You really don't. And obviously aren't as big as you say. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>34358882
Define century, anon
>>
>>34367972
>and you obviously aren't as big as you say.

Beretta is the quintessential manlet gun. Huge and heavy to create the impression in observers that it fires anything but a pipsqueak round.
>>
>>34349005
move FN up and Colt down
>>
>Berettas are only for people with big hands
>Berettas are only for people with small hands

It's amazing how many times a person can totally reverse his opinion when he knows absolutely nothing about guns.
>>
M9A3 in tacticool black when, lads?
>>
>>34371357
Hopefully we get it eventually. I'm holding out on the M9A3 because the baby barf color just doesn't excite me.
>>
>>34371335
Berettas are for everyone.

Only retards can't operate the safety.

If the military can do it, I would hope that anyone could.
>>
>>34371515
My fear is that, because the line was only made to keep the Army contract, they'll drop it now that they lost.
>>
>>34349005
Man lol. I mean. Man.
No. Haha.
>>
>>34349005
Quit posting and go back to what you do best you stupid Glocktard.... Sucking dick!
>>
>>34349005
>Ruger < S&W
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: received_1071265856338946.jpg (35KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
received_1071265856338946.jpg
35KB, 720x537px
>>34349005
>glock in high tier
Why the fuck
>>
>>34349005
God tier*
Also CZ in mid tier.
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>34349005

Sig needs to be in the same category as Taurus if we're going by their current state. I've read more cases of Sig pistol going back to the factory out of the box than any other company besides Taurus. And at least Taurus doesn't try to jew you with the same tactics as modern video game companies like Sig does.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.