[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loading directly into chamber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Round-in-the-Chamber.jpg (30KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
Round-in-the-Chamber.jpg
30KB, 450x312px
S-so I accidently have been loading my rounds directly into my Glock's chamber to get +1 instead of loading from the mag. I didn't know this was bad for the extractor. Should I get a different extractor just in case? It doesn't look broken but the ejection is a little weak compared to my S&W. The rounds only go about 2-3 feet to my right

Also is it bad to "pinball" or drop the slide with no round or mag inserted?
>>
>>34348908
What. That's bad for the extractor?
The fuck?
Since fucking when?
>>
>>34348908
dude its fine.
>>
>>34348918
since always. rounds are supposed to slid up under the extractor, not be snapped over it. that said its not a big deal akin to slamming a door shut instead of gently closing it even if you slammed that shit every day it wouldnt break if it was a quality door.
>>
Different guns throw brass different distances, broski. If you're that worried, stop doing it.
>>
File: laughingcossacks.jpg (80KB, 491x331px) Image search: [Google]
laughingcossacks.jpg
80KB, 491x331px
>glocks are so shitty they break if you put a round in the chamber manually
>>
>>34349031
I stopped doing it, probably only did it like 20 times
>>
>>34348908
Just put a round into battery from a fresh mag, then eject it, top it off, and reinsert. Also it definitely causes more wear to do it manually but you shouldn't have to replace the extractor unless you've literally been doing that every day for years
>>
Stop being a god damn diva and just fucking inspect your extractor, OP
Is the entirety of the hook there? Is the edge chipped or rounded off?
Jesus fucking christ it's a god damn miracle you managed to even get out of your house and bumble through the 4473 to get it. How fucking inept do you have to be to not even be able to inspect and assess something for yourself? Did you need somebody to coddle you and hold your dick for you while you take a leak too? Does every mechanical thing scare you and make you a driveling mess, or it just the most fundamental ones? Unfuck yourself, you god damn disgrace.
>>
>>34348908
Just stop doing that and keep shooting it. If you're not having malfunctions, you should be fine. If you're still worried about it, take it to a Glock armorer and have them look at it.
>>
>>34349049
Any magazine-fed gun can have its extractor damaged by doing this, fuddlestein.
>>
You're fine. Don't worry about it unless you start having malfunctions.
>>
>>34349134
>hold your dick for you while you take a leak

When I make my first million, I will have a person who works for me whose job is solely to do this.
>>
>>34348908
Is your nickname Ocelot by any chance?
>>
>>34349172
And you'll go back to being poor in the Same day.
>>
>>34349134
Someone has been watching FMJ
>>
File: freakout.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
freakout.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>>34349134

It's so warm in the summertime...
>>
>>34348908
>>34348918
>>34348939
This is a myth stemming from fixed 1911 extractors, which it IS bad to do this with.

Any modern sprung extractor doesn't give a fuck about how you chamber rounds. You cannot damage a steel extractor with brass cases.

Also gen 3 and 4 Glocks have shitty ejection no matter what Glocksuckers say. It USUALLY doesn't end up in stovepipes.
>>
>>34349162
I have a box fed remington 700 that disagrees
>>
>>34349134
Looks like someone stole a Drill Officer uniform and got hooked on PCP.
>>
>>34348918
>Since fucking when?

it's been that way forever. loading from the mag, the groove of the case is pushed up into the extractor's claw edge. loading from the chamber, the claw edge has to ride over the rim and snap into the groove, possibly causing wear on the claw.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.