[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice on starting a collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0020-660x440.jpg (89KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0020-660x440.jpg
89KB, 660x440px
Alright /k/ I’m being passed down my family’s business and getting a hefty amount of inheritance here soon and want to invest some of that money into the sizable firearms collection of my dreams. I already have a list (green text) that I want to get my hands on but am looking for suggestions, anything thats rare/unique, meme guns and NFA items. Also safe ideas, I was thinking about reinforcing a room in the basement’s walls and ceiling with steel plates and cinderblocks with a Fort Knox door and a book case in front of it like some Scooby Doo shit. What I already want to get my hands on is listed below.
>Transferable M60
>Transferable M16A1
>40mm M203
>Transferrable MP5
>Transferable M14
>Scar 17
>Spas 12
>Spas 15
>Mateba Unica 6
>M2 Browning
>M1 Carbine
>M1 Garand
>Transferable M1A1 Thompson
>Gyrojet pistol
>Transferable MP40
>Transferable Sten
>Transferable PPSH41
>S42 Luger
>Pre A1 1911
>Mauser C96
>Desert Eagle .50 in Gold cause Im a douche
>81mm M29 Motar
>Transferable AR18
>Transferable UZI 9mm
>FS2000
>AUG
>Transferable AK47 Underfolder
>Transferable MG2
>>
>>34348438
So do you have a question or are you just here to gloat/bait?
>>
>>34348438
Look into a nicer store.

Then go for the obvious shit.
Flocks and ARs.
Then go for NFA shit like SBRs and Suppressors.
Then go for surplus.
Then go for a transferable MG or two, and one for your own personal shits an giggles.
Look into setting up a range to rent an MG or two at.
>>
I'm sure your family who worked hard for decades will be ecstatic that you're pissing away the entirety of their life's blood sweat and tears on colladooty toys.
>>
>>34348461
looking for suggestions on things to look into getting, cool shit and stuff that will increase or hold its value
>>
>>34348556
They really don't care as long its still turning a profit, my dad collects i just want my own collection
>>
>>34348499
i was thinking about opening a range but i feel like there is a big liability there and astronomically high insurance
>>
>>34348581
With that list it looks like you have your work cut out for you already m8
>>
If you're seriously going to drop that kind of dosh on a gun collection and insist on a vault, consult a pro to design and build you a vault with proper reinforcements, climate control, etc. Slapping up some steel panels and a fancy door in an existing structure does not a proper vault make. It's a major construction project.

Reinforcing a ROOM to the same level of security as a top end gun safe (Or even several of the largest top end gun safes) is wildly more expensive than I think people realize.
>>
>>34348640
any other vault installation I've seen has been before the house was built thats why I was curious about that
>>
>>34348672

I've seen "vaults" installed in existing structures where the outer walls were cinder block. The door looks nice, but the wall would be 100 times easier to penetrate than even the dinkiest gun safes.

Buy something nuts like a Graffunder F series or something if you want something insanely strong that you can still brag about. Get the vault door for looks too if you insist, but don't be fooled by anyone telling you you can get the same level of security in a vault room that you can from a safe without spending an astronomical amount of cash.
>>
>>34348715
it'd be in the basement against a back cinderblock wall ill look into a Granffunder though ive never heard of them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.