[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silencers are way over priced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (67KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 670x502px
Seriously, why the fuck would ANYONE every buy a silencer? The omega or osprey are almost 900 dollars.
The salvo 12 was, I believe, 1600 originally but now has dropped down to around 900.
These silencers aren't even all stainless steel.
You can have a machine shop make you a solvent trap kit, all stainless steel I might add, for a third of the cost.
For example, my 12g/magnum rifle solvent trap kit is going to cost me 12 per 2.75 OD 416 stainless steel, 40 for the end caps, 250 for the main tube and inner shotgun tube.

My 10.75 solvent trap kit is goin to cost me 26 per end cap, 55 for the tube and 12 per 60 degree cone baffle.
Again all stainless steel plus 20 for a spacer

You can even have them make a monocore solvent trap for less.
There is no point in buying a silencer when you can form 1 with a solvent trap kit.
>>
>>34347281
because the fucking government hates shit that looks scary.
>>
In;b4
>poorfag. Why can't you afford the things I can afford?
T. Poorfag who can't afford a suppressor.
>>
>>34347281
Prices will peak and then drop significantly once HPA passes.

Also, fuck off poorfag.
>>
>>34347281
I paid 1200 dollars to have sex with my crush in highschool
900 dollars is well worth it for a fun can
>>
>>34347281
My older friend used to be a gunsmith before retiring. He has a lathe and has been asking me about supressor designs and such so I believe we have another legit project.
>>
>>34347298
Dumb Trust fund baby.

You know people don't get rich by being retards and wastefully spending their money? Oh wait trust fund baby, mommy and daddy take of everything so no need to worry.
>>
>>34347315
How's that doing, by the way?
>>
>>34347337
I know i should let this go but
>in;b4
>>poorfag. Why can't you afford things I can afford?
Was meant to satirize someone who might say that. Being ironic you could say. And
>t. Poorfag who can't afford a suppressor
More or less means
>I am also a fellow poorfag who can't afford a suppressor
Lurk moar
>>
>>34347351
never.gunna.happen
>>
>>34347315
The HPA has been rolled into the SHARP Act how ever after the baseball field shooting its gonna be on ice for a while.
>>
>>34347351

Well last time it was going to come up for discussion, there was a shooting at a congressional baseball game.

So...not well.
>>
Always wondered--why do suppressors always screw onto the end?
Even when you just consider integrally suppressed barrels, the suppressor is always at the end. What's stopping us from putting the suppressor in the front towards the chamber?
>>
>>34347437
>SHARP Act
I can't keep up with the legislative bullshit any more and Google gives me nothing except military rape prevention. Fill me in?
>>
>>34347298
I'm sorry, who's can (s) do you own? Cause I made a lot of parts for most, and bits for almost all.
>>
>solvent trap kit
>solvent trap kit
>solvent trap kit

the 2nd time was suspicious but the 3rd....atf immolate yourself.
>>
>>34347481

Physics?
>>
>>34347321
Story time
>>
>>34347481
is your suppressor rifled?
>>
>>34347519
Is it an absolute requirement that a suppressor must not be rifled?

>>34347511
How is a suppressor any different from the bore evacuator on a tank barrel?
>>
>>34347482

its the 'SHARE' act.
>>
>have omega
>have osprey
>have salvo 12
lol poorfag
>>
>>34347321
That's really sad and really frivolous.
>>
What are some suppressors that are effective and reasonably priced? Best cheap suppressor?
>>
>>34347926
Literally none.
Go buy a threaded tube or ask a machinist to make one and buy some 60 degree cone cups or have a machinist make you some.
>>
>>34347569
Lol how does it feel knowing that my form 1 12g suppressor will cost half as much as yours, last forever since the body portion isn't made out of aluminum, have more sound suppression, have different end and front caps, have baffles you can take out meaning you can also have 308 baffles, and also be a 2 piece meaning it's a modular suppressor and can be used on a rifle.
With a 3.5 inch spacer I'll even be able to shoot 50 bmg through it.

Ahahahaha dumbass trust fund baby fag.
>>
>>34347542
Wikipedia says that passed years ago, but then I don't fully understand American law. How would it be possible to add the HPA to that?
>>
>>34347926
huntertown arms makes some cheap stuff im not sure about 'good' tho.
>>
>>34347281
can some one explain to me what design differences there are between op's pic's silencers and the more common cylindrical silencers? I understand how the cylindrical ones work, do these actually work any different or just look cool?
>>
>>34348184
i guess it helps with iron sights
>>
>>34348184
Gives the can more volume without going above the barrel. My osprey has a clearer picture then my octane. It also helps with designs like the salvo or micro where you'll run rods down it to add/remove extensions. Only real downsides are you have to index with each new gun (NDB) and you notice walk instantly (annoying AF).
>>
>>34348202
>>34348326
interesting and thanks.
>>
File: k.jpg (68KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
68KB, 500x562px
>>34348094
>>
>>34347321
how big was his dick, and did he roger your rump roundly for the $1200?
>>
>>34347534
>Is it an absolute requirement that a suppressor must not be rifled?
Do you know how baffles work?
>>
>>34347337
Ayy you're a lil slow there aren't ya squirt? That's alright lmao.
>>
>>34348094
You do know what AR receivers, handguards, sights, and shit are made out of right?
>>
>>34347281
Because stainless steel only cans are garbage, incomes costs money, surely costs even more, and qd muzzle brakes and mounting systems are better but more difficult to make than your shitty mag lite suppressor that's only going to last 3 rifle rounds.
>>
>>34347281
I haven't got a clue wot you're on about mate, a solvent trap traps all the grody cleaning liquids and lube when you're cleaning your gatpiece. Suppressors mitigate the loud boom resultant in firing a firearm.
Ya dunce
>>
So I don't go deaf if I need to shoot inside my house
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.