[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife Thread:Small Knife Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: SOG Micron 2.0.jpg (10KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
SOG Micron 2.0.jpg
10KB, 450x450px
How many inches is enough, anon?
>>
File: CRKT M-16_01KS.jpg (5KB, 295x147px) Image search: [Google]
CRKT M-16_01KS.jpg
5KB, 295x147px
Can anyone who owns a CRKT M-16 tell me if they prefer a steel or Zytel handle?
>>
>>34345487
I have one with the steel handle. It's a decent knife for the money and the heat treat is pretty good. Only downside is that the blade does need touching up pretty frequently.
>>
File: 419671.jpg (152KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
419671.jpg
152KB, 1200x1200px
>>34345487
>>34346381

Own an M16-02Z with a zytel handle, pretty solid. Isn't loose in my hand, if that's what you're asking. Comes pretty sharp from the factory, easy to get to super sharp.
>>
File: IMG_3693.jpg (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3693.jpg
31KB, 1000x1000px
>>34344713
I have that on my keychain, doesn't hold an edge great but it's still pretty useful because I have it everywhere

pic related is my work edc, best razor knife I've ever handled hands down
>>
File: boker_mini_kalashnikov.jpg (209KB, 753x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boker_mini_kalashnikov.jpg
209KB, 753x1080px
>>34345487
Zytel is comfy. Never held the steel handle version.

Back to OP, pic related is 2.5 inches of adorableness
>>
Anons, I come to you from lands afar.

I work in a shopping center, the area has progressively deteriorated as far as crime rates go. Tonight, my coworker was the victim of an attempted mugging. She pulled her knife on the junkie and he ran off.

I have a smaller pocket knife, and a poorfag shiv made out of a 8 inch length of sharpened stainless steel, but I want a good blade. My state law defines a deadly weapon as:
>any blade concealed or open carried that is not a pocket or hunting knife
so if you have anything to recommend me that could dubiously pass those guidelines, I would be very grateful. Size is not an issue, aside from being able to fit conveniently in a pocket. Preferrably keep the price under $100. I am left handed, if there are any lefty-only knives on the market. I really don't know, I just want to keep me and my coworker from getting jacked by some needle runner.
>>
>>34348137
Becker BK Series. Boom, all hunting knives
>>
>>34348137
Get something large like a spyderco Endura. Knives aren't your best defensive weapon unless you're absolutely willing to kill without a moment of hesitation.

Pepper spray is probably your better option, or at least a great addition to a knife. They have little containers of pepper spray that fit into your pocket.

Honestly, you should probably get another job. All it takes is some nigger or some tweaker that has nothing to lose. No amount of money is worth your life.
>>
File: ti lite 6 inch.jpg (115KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
ti lite 6 inch.jpg
115KB, 2304x1296px
>>34344713
6th inches, good enough for Stacy, good enough for me.
>>
>>34344713
I grabbed the two pack on sale. The tip is good but it loses its edge quickly and the inverted tanto shape is ass. It's a decent utility edge with a very slim cross-section.
>>
>>34345487
Ive got zytel handle. Agree with above post that blade needs touching up to often. Also need to push blade more open to get lock to release. I dont like blades that are sloppy and wiggle. Wish i never bought it. Ive carry a buck prince (?) everyday instead. Its the stainless one not the brass.
>>
>>34350617
And yes ive tightened the screw. Then it doesnt flip open as designed.
>>
File: IMAG0620.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0620.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
Fixed blade or folder for going /out/?

I got this because I cut a metric fuck ton of cords, ties and shit like that, knobby thing feels weird though.

I wish opinel came with a clip
>>
>>34350691
Fixed
>>
>>34350699
Damn. I already keep a box pouch and mult tool on my belt, I guess I can fit a fixed blade somewhere on there. I might already have a mora but there's no reason not to get something more attractive.

Prob try to cop a couple cheap kabar before I leave post, for some reason they're like 15 dollars cheaper than Amazon if you're on some army base
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.