[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need help writing cop resume.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: cops.jpg (89KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cops.jpg
89KB, 720x540px
ok, so my local police department is hiring cops like crazy with one year paid training and all that cool jazz. but, im a mechanic. i've always wanted to be a cop but i could never afford to go to school, i tried but only managed to be able to pay one semester. no experience necessary, but they want a resume that i have no idea how to build because the only prevalent skills to law enforcement that i have are competition level long range marksmanship and im a really good driver. if and /k/ops are on, please tell me exactly how to write this resume so i don't have to lie but also don't look like a chump.
>>
>>34343131
Jesus christ you sound like a """self defense""" shooting waiting to -happen

If you can't even write a resume you better stick to cleaning valves and pistons
>>
>>34343131
What jobs have you done besides mechanic? Being a cop is only like 10% dealing with assholes in high stress situations.

When you aren't doing paperwork and other procedural bullshit it's more about just talking to people and "being a people person".
Departments can more or less train someone to be a high speed door kicker, but if that's your go to for a simple traffic stop then you're a liability for the department, not an asset.

Also be ready for a 6 month long vetting process, just to be eligible to join the academy.
>>
>>34343221
i've only ever been a mechanic and a farm hand. i'm not some country hick either, i was born and raised a city boy in a military family. i was always good at communicating with people and following orders, i just don't know how to proceed. i took law enforcment classes for a semester at the local college, but my job interfered with my school too much and my attendance was garbage even though i had like a 3.9 GPA. i'm not stupid, just having a difficult run at things.
>>
>>34343221
i'm also only 20 years old, but by the time academy is over, i'll be 21
>>
>>34343131
>>34343280
Dude you're 20 and don't have a resume or know how to use google to get examples on how to make one...and you want to be a cop? Fuck. Hope it's some backwoods small ass department.
>>
>>34343321
Lol most of them don't have an academy, because no money. You basically need to already be a cop to apply.
>>
Guys I smoke weed everyday but have a bachelor's degree and can write a resume. Can I be a cop?
>>
>>34343356
True. So i'm guessing you need to have your states certifications already done then apply or get a dept to put you through and then hire you. I'm only in the process to become a LEO in a big city so my experience might be diff but if I were you i'd leave off the marksmanship long range shooting thing. Might spook the B.I. into thinking you're trigger happy or something. If you did volunteer work in high school or similar i'd put that instead.
>>
>>34343371
Yes. Apply in the cities I did and prob. One city hired former gang bangers and dudes with records. Also have a tranny sgt running the LGBT?? Unit.
>>
I'm curious about op's pic. I want to be high drag low speed security guard with guns and shotguns and dress up like an operator.
>>
>>34343321
kalamazoo michigan. small city 250K people or so. but it's really anti-cop here, so they're going to lengths to get people to apply.
>>
>>34343321
also, the only resume's i wrote were for being a mechanic, which was easy because i could list all the jobs i've done and what i've built and what my experience was. i have no experience in law enforcement other than a few classes at the local college. i'm a master certified mechanic, im not a master certified LEO
>>
>>34343131
>prevalent skills to law enforcement
>long range marksmanship
try again.
>>
>>34343131
You realize K is mostly underage video game enthusiasts.
>>
>>34343444
>master certified mechanic
>20 y.o.
You already know how to lie on applications.
>>
>>34344368
the test are 6 bucks a piece for state certs and they're all really easy. i've been building shit with my dad since day one. but yeah, im a master certified HDT diesel mechanic. i also have my CDL A and H
>>
>>34343131
People like you are the reason why police are referred to as pigs.
>>
>>34344684
im just a kid trying to be a cop because i think it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>34343131
>cop resume

That's the first time I hear of such a thing. What does the police dept expect a person to write on it. It's not like there is other jobs around that have a guy writing car tickets and putting handcuffs on minorities.
>>
>>34344788
exactly, which is why i'm having trouble. any ideas? im just an average guy who couldn't afford to go to school.
>>
>>34344621
Maybe for some community college tests? Master certified means ase you mong. T. Running a blue seal shop at 25.
>>
>>34343131
Up your professionalism levels first bud
>>
>>34344796
>im just an average guy who couldn't afford to go to school.
Might as well try the military, you'll get college paid for plus a leg up on other applicants. You'd be going into the academy quite a bit later but honestly giving yourself the time to mature and develop is probably better anyway.
>>
File: Officer Down, I Need Backup!.jpg (113KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Officer Down, I Need Backup!.jpg
113KB, 612x612px
Dear City,
I very much want Cop status. I'm very big on law justice. My experiense includes fighting for right, my uncle who is also polite man, battlefield: hardline and swordman shiping. No drugs or drink.
I think ill be a great access to the forc. If have me be copsifer I be happy wife life. Thank s for the chance.
Love,
Me
>>
if you have ever a heard a couple have a terrible screaming fight in an apartment and thought "man i wish i could put myself right in the middle of that" or seen a bunch of teenagers hanging out behind a gas station and thought "boy id sure like to show the who's boss!" or seen a homless man have a withdrawal seizure and wished you could get in real close and hang out untill the medics arrive, its the job for you.
>>
>>34345102
i just want to help people. my dad was a cop before he passed and so was his dad. i need to be a cop.
>>
>>34344836
michigan state certifications at the SOS
>>
>>34344853
up my professionalism for 4chan? ok. in person and in my resume i'm always very professional, with customers also. i'm always polite and courteous.
>>
Sort of on theme.

How do I become a personal protection officer, a bodyguard or a high level security guard? Ink old and have a career otherwise, but the job is speaking to me. No mil no pd. Some EHS training and certs, lvl 2 and 3 certs being a security supervisor and TWIC.
>>
>>34343131
List your mechanic work under a few bullet points for Work Experience, mention your drive for being an LEO and your family's military tradition under Life Experience, show all your credentials and licences even if you don't think they're very relevant. If they're that hard up for officers they won't shut you down this early in the process. Don't fuck up the other qualifying tests and your odds are pretty good.
>>
Tell them the reason you liked being a mechanic was that you got to help people. Pay for someone to write your resume.
>>
>>34343131
Like, I wanna say the two on the left fuck but I'm almost positive the guy on the left is a bottom and the guy on the right a top. The middle two are just, randoms.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.