[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLACK POWDER WEAPONRY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 932482094.jpg (21KB, 750x259px) Image search: [Google]
932482094.jpg
21KB, 750x259px
Do you own any, /k/?
How do they sound when fired?
Have you fired them without earplugs?
>>
>>34342415
Is it true blackpowder weapons aren't considered firearms in the laws eyes?

Does that mean I can carry a colt navy and be a gun slinging man?
>>
>>34342491
It depends . Law is not same in every european state . In poland for example blackpowder weapon is 100% legal but to buy powder you need paper
>>
>>34342491
They dont really consider them firearms for purchasing purposes, however I think the law treats them like firearms in a criminal sense.

Some poor fuck got boned in Massachusetts for having a 1851 in the glovebox.
>>
>>34342415
They make more of a boom than a bang, and are slightly quieter than smokeless guns. That being said they're still loud as fuck and can easily cause hearing damage
>>
>>34342575
>>34342586
Upsetting answers but they are answers which I needed.

Thank you both
>>
>>34342590
So its like firing a shoulder mounted cannon? Sweet. I'm gonna buy one for $400.
>>
>>34342575
in Poland you need to have paper to buy BP in a store, however the fact that you own a BP firearm means that you are allowed to own the powder (so someone can buy it for you)
the wonders of incompetent lawmaking
>>
>>34342415
I own (in black powder) a Mk2 Martini-Henry (BSA, 1889 date of manufacture, 577/450), a Mauser 71/84 (Spandau, 1886 manufacture, 43 Mauser), a Remington Rolling Block (1874 manufacture, 43 Spanish) and a P1858 Enfield (Armisport reproduction, 577 cal). I am still working on getting the Rolling Block up and shooting (still need a mold and brass).

As >>34342590 said, its more of a boom than bang. The other thing is they tend to shove more than sharp kick. Of course if you are using smokeless powder you get different effect (aka bang and the sharp kick).

The legal condition differs depending on where you are located. Even in the US, they can be treated like a modern arm, NJ is an example of that (yes, I know what the law states, but the current "intreptiation" by the state police is that the "or"s are actually "and"s). Federally, if it was manufatured before 1898 or uses non-fixed ammo, it is a "antique" and not a gun.
>>
>>34342415
>Do you own any, /k/?
tons
>How do they sound when fired?
never shot any of them
>Have you fired them without earplugs?
n/a

>>34342491
in the us if they are loaded they are treated like firearms
>>
>>34342491
>>34342575
In Finland there's only one firearm class for black powder weapons and it's basically the easiest to get permit to.
It's defined as a "weapon, that is meant and built only to fire black powder loads", and you could use that very same licence to buy yourself a full sized field cannon or authentic Gatling, if you wanted.
>>
>>34342415
I have a reproduction Enfield 1858 3 band muzzle loader from my days as a Civil War reenactor (don't ask). It makes a huge bang, lots of smoke, fun as fuck to fire.

Never used earplugs with it, but I imagine it would be smarter to protect your hearing if given a choice.
>>
>>34343455
pic?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.