[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do military vehicles like humvees, trucks, apc/ifvs and tanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Do military vehicles like humvees, trucks, apc/ifvs and tanks have keys?

Asking because I just realized that yesterday, after frantically looking for my car keys least I be late for work, it occurred to me that the same situation couldn't be beneficial to military vehicles in the situations they get stuck in.

But then you'd also want to secure the use of such vehicles from outsiders and so a key would be necessary.

So what is it?
>>
>>34340886
Nice try Achmed
>>
File: 1497958270761m.jpg (62KB, 1024x563px) Image search: [Google]
1497958270761m.jpg
62KB, 1024x563px
>>34340902
can you blame me?
>>
>>34340916
why do they always look like literal goats of various breeds?
>>
>>34340986
a goat sees a goat
>>
>>34340886
>But then you'd also want to secure the use of such vehicles from outsiders and so a key would be necessary.
Lots of guys with guns take care of that.
>>
>>34340886
As far as i know modern tanks just have button to start them up, old WWII tanks like tiger had keys but you could also fire them up with crank.
>>
>>34340986

>You are what you eat...

But really though you gotta feel sorry for the countries women, really the men should wear the burka.
>>
>>34341101
>white nighting dunecoon women
There's a reason Arab men, and Muslim men in general, prefer goats, etc.
>>
>>34340886
There are keys to unlock them but they are switch start. If your thinking about stealing one it won't work because instead of a key you have to PMCS the Vic before it will turn on
>>
>>34341810
Ha. We stold Vics out from Motor T all the time. They'd get pissed and bitch about forms, blah blah.
>>
no.

military vehicle anti theft, is usually a steel cable padlocked through the dash and the steering wheel.

not that that stops you. when I was a PFC way back in 2004. Me and two other privates volunteered to guard a bunch of equipment overnight on a thursday, to get friday off. It was all in the motorpool. We got bored and tried to drive the Gator. It had the cable locked on, and we couldn't get a key. So we just raced it through the grass making no sharp left turns. I'm amazed we didn't get in trouble for it. We tore up the grass something fierce and right next to all the of the BN's connexs.
>>
>>34341101
i'd rather worry about their goats
>>
>>34340886
humvees, deuces and iirc 5 tons don't have keys. not aware on armor but I don't think those have keys either.
keys are a real fucking logistical nightmare.
although, I did hear a story about some army dudes in fort greely stealing a humvee and jumping ditches with it.
well, they fucked up and launched over a berm doing 60, rolled the damn thing end over end a few times, and then sideways like 9 just for good measure. killed 3 of the 4 and he was a vegetable afterwards.
dumb motherfuckers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.