[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ Im gonna go camping for a few days. This will be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1498024038174.jpg (596KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498024038174.jpg
596KB, 960x1280px
Hello /k/
Im gonna go camping for a few days. This will be the first time im gonna go camping alone and for a long period of time. Ill go to a place far away from any civilization and desu im gind of spooked. I dont go camping alot but i want to try something new and i think going camping alone for about a week will boost my thirst for nature, innawoods and such. Any tips/advice?
>>
Weird to see a picture of myself be reposted. Glad you liked the photography anyway. Maybe you should ask this on /out/?
>>
>>34340341
I always save stuff thats aestetic in some way. And i figured ill ask this here cuz more traffic
>>
>>34340313
bring a way to sanitize water

bring food

bring bear spray + big gun in bear country

bring gun in people country

go with a buddy if u can so if u fuckin slip and break ur leg ur not gonna die out there by urself trying to crawl out
>>
>>34340350
Good advice.

Uh, loaded topic, but don't you have any friends?
Find someone you can stand for 72 hours and ask them.
>>
>>34340440
>but don't you have any friends?

PLB or personal locator beacon. I started using em for long distance bush walks (100km or more)

Super fucking useful, they can pick up your signal anywhere in the world and send help your way.

>Spent the last 9 days on foot
>Pack still at this point weighs 50lbs
>Change in temperature forces me to eat less and think less
>Get stupid going over the rocks coming down
>Fall, hit my head and out cold
>Wake up scurred as shit
>Okay but if i'd have broke something, i'd have died
>Nearest road was a good 200km's away

I'll never rock without a PLB again
>>
>>34340350
>>34340440
Dont have any /out/ like friends. Everybody i know hates camping. They just think why bother going innawoods with no wifi, alot of bugs and dangerous animals when you can just stay at home. Wish i had a cool buddy to go camping with :'(
>>
>>34340448
are there any GPS units that can double as a PLB?
Don't see anything on amazon
>>
>>34340349
that and the fact that most on /out/ have actually never been /out/.
>>
>>34340313
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>34340457

No. Do not cheap out this piece of gear, they are expensive but if your really going out there on your own and shit goes wrong...

Can always make the money back, you know what I mean?
>>
>>34340350
>bring bear spray + big gun in bear country
why is EVERYBODY so damn scared of bears?
an encounter is always possible, but rarely fatal.
don't ignore, but try to focus on more likely problems instead.
you'll be glad you did later.
i've tried for years to get a good photo of a bear in the wild(no panhandling bears), and even once knew i was about to encounter one(with camera in hand), and still missed the opportunity.
>>
File: IMG_0912.jpg (88KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0912.jpg
88KB, 1024x575px
I'd be spooked if I didn't have any firearm whatsoever, but even a .380 gives me a tremendous peace of mind. 2 flashlights with a few backup batteries should also be mandatory. 2 legged critters are the real threat, outside of skin walkers of course, which can have more than 2 legs, I think.
>>
>>34340807
Most people don't understand how animals behave. I would be properly scared of a grizz, but for the most part they just want to go about their day.

Black bears though...Get a grip. The damn things are usually docile and for the most part frightened of humans. Moose are the real badtards, best to stay away from em if you can.

I feel the same about people who feel the need to carry snake shot. If you see the snake, chances are you can get out of its way. It's not like they are going to go out of their way to attack humans. If it's on your property, maybe you have kids or dogs roaming around, sure, but if you're just cruising the trails and you see a water moccasin, ffs just go around it and keep trekking. I'm just happy we don't have funnel web spiders.
>>
>>34340350

ur missing the point

op is suicidal and doesn't quite realize it yet
>>
>>34340457
>>34340783
this sounds to me like someone planning for failure instead of taking time to learn the fundamentals of outdoor living.
there's nothing wrong with having a backup for unexpected troubles, but learn navigation without a GPS first.
your most important piece of "gear" is your brain, so use it.
>>
File: 1485907587869.png (22KB, 599x377px) Image search: [Google]
1485907587869.png
22KB, 599x377px
>>34341212
>>
read this thread
>>34313201
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.