[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting from scratch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 10

File: images (8).jpg (17KB, 567x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
17KB, 567x259px
What would it take for me and my wife to leave everything we have and start anew in the middle of nowhere, CO?

We'll only manage to get $3.5k at the very best to get us started. She has 90 acres of land, no water rights, no utilities available there, no actual house. We would have to build or bring everything.

Is it feasible?
>>
>>34339793
start farming guns
>>
>>34339793
Where at in co
>>
Holy fuck no. Get 10-20x that much.
>>
>>34339793
>3.5k
lol are you serious?

You must be really desperate to leave that trailer park your stuck in.
>>
Get 50-100k before you do that.
>>
>>34339797
An hour out of Trinidad
>>
>>34339806
I'm in Australia, she's stuck with her deadbeat partner and 3 kids in AZ. We both desperately want to just disappear. And no we live in houses
>>
>>34339793
>no water rights

That will be your biggest crutch. Depending on the wording in your property deed that means no well drilling and potentially no water shed (rain) collecting. You will have to buy water storage totes and find somewhere to fill them up.

How far is the closest town with a grocery store and gas station?
>>
>>34339810
Oh god why that section of the state sucks
>>
>>34339828
Because we would be alone.
>>
>>34339819
>3 kids
>Going to live out your stupid ass homesteading fantasy with no water rights
Yeah no way this works out with only 3.5k
>>
>>34339820
About an hour on the highway.
>>
>>34339843
I mean we can bring stuff too. Water tank, car, literal tons of building material, tools. Just food, power, water will be issues, as well as rifles if we're going to hunt, fixtures, etc.
>>
>Wife?
>partner?

You'd be better off disappearing from her.
>>
>>34339857
Well with the amount of money you have you might be able to afford building a shed. With no electricity hookup or running water. You might be able to set up a generator but you won't have the money to keep it running for much. And you won't be able to hunt since you'll both be paying out of state tag fees which are like 300 bucks at least depending on which zone you get.
>>34339894
This guy has the right idea
>>
>>34339845
>Aussie moving to US
>3 kids
>hour away from power, food and water
>$3,500 in savings

No. Serious advice here, you guys need to set an actual budget and plan all of this out. $3500 will barely cover your plane ticket to America. You have no water rights and its an hour to the nearest possible place to get water.

Here's what you are looking at BARE MINIMUM to survive.

$200+ Truck Bed Water Tank to haul water to the property
$5000+ USED but functional travel trailer able to house 5 (that's just enough room to sleep in)
$200+ Each, Water storage tanks to have on site for drinking, showering, cooking etc
$500+ Generator to power the RV
$$$ Gas money driving into town for supplies/work every day

That's not even counting the costs to build a house, raise 3 kids who need clothes, shoes, school supplies, etc. Heck you need to find work too. The worst part is you have no water rights so no chance to raise livestock beyond a couple chickens or have a garden bigger than a basketball court.

From a guy that is doing what you want to try doing, it's hard fucking work and costs a shit ton more than you expect.
>>
>>34339907
>>34339793
I am not trying to be a dick here, but what you are proposing is incredibly hard for a couple that have been married and saving up 20 years for this. Trying to do so with a women from a completely different continent in a country where you don't even have green card access to, let alone a job is not going to happen. I get that you care about her, but you will ruin your life long before this works out.
>>
>>34339907
Listen to this man, I own 5 acres in New Zealand and live in a converted shed. "Homesteading" is real fucking expensive, and takes a lot of work. It'll be a full time job growing enough food to feed 5 people, and that's with water rights. Also taxes and rates are a thing. You can't do this without an income.

If you want my advice sell the land and buy some more suitable land that isn't too far from a town and will let you drill a well or collect rain water.

Don't go into this blind or else YOU, YOURE WIFE AND YOUR KIDS WILL DIE.
>>
If we do this the kids wouldn't be coming with. They would stay with their father.

I appreciate all the warnings, this is why I came to you guys for a reality check.

So the old frontier dream of settling down on some land and building your own life ain't possible anymore huh.
>>
>>34339943
Taxes are like $2 a year. If we can get internet, she has telecommute work from CA. Once we're alone we would have a modest disposable income, but the ongoing cost of everything just eats up all our $ all the time.
>>
>>34339976
It is possible, it just ain't as glamorous as you'd imagine. Also not really the place in the country to do that.
>>
>>34339990
I wouldn't recommend getting an IT job on satellite internet.
>>
>>34339976
Don't do that to the kids. Tell her she's a horrible mother if she would rather homestead with some stranger then staying with her kids.
>>
>>34339992
Not really looking for glamorous. Just somewhere we'll be left alone by the world, not roast or freeze to death, have our tobacco and internet & just live out our lives together.
>>
>>34340004
She's going to be leaving soon regardless. It's this or living by herself in rural Arizona desert in a rental.
>>
>>34339990
>No utility hookup
>Needs internet for her job
Your best bet is probably going to be selling that land and buying someplace else. Somewhere you would have at the very least trailer hookups for utilities and water rights. 90 acres is way too much land. Also why the hell are you married when she still is living with her partner and 3 kids?
>>
File: 1494893069457.jpg (95KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1494893069457.jpg
95KB, 447x444px
>>34339976
You are one dumb fuck if you think that bitch is going to stay with you after she leaves her "partner". And what kind of immoral cunt abandons her three children to go live in the middle of nowhere with some fuck. You're living in a fantasy world and you're getting high of the fake life you want to have with this cunt. Cut your fucking losses and bounce before this crazy bitch destroys your life like she destroyed some other poor fuck.
>>
I should give y'all some background here. We met July last year on Twitter. She's been with her partner for 21 years, has 3 kids, two teenagers and a young school age boy. She'd been miserable as fuck and told her partner he had 6 months to shape up or she was leaving.

I got to know all of the kids online, and the partner, and all of them were happy for me to come stay with them. Once I was there, I made it clear I was exclusively with her, and her partner was the biggest cuck on the planet.

Stayed there 3 months living with them while he slowly lost his mind - no doors between bedrooms. oops - then had to come back to Australia. He wanted a chance to reconcile with her, he's failed and broken all of his promises, and she can't take it anymore.

Either way, she will be inevitably leaving. The only question is where and how, and with who.
>>
>>34340013
Why do you want to be with such a horrible person? Are you just looking for an easy greencard? Are you doing all this just so you can get a handgun?
>>
>>34339976
>So the old frontier dream of settling down on some land and building your own life ain't possible anymore huh.

Yes and no. The property your partner has is not suitable for it. Water and arable land are the two most important factors. I don't have a well yet but I have water rights. I also have a nearby town about 10 miles away I can fill up my portable water tote at for free. My neighbors (they're about 5 miles away) have wells, solar and gardens, though they work in the mining industry to afford all that. These days starting with nothing is very expensive.

Cheap land means high build up costs. Arable land means high point of purchase costs. If you can find a good balance between the two, save up, plan it all out, you can work on it while having a job that actually supports you. You can't just jump in without a source of income as well as savings. I work full time just to sustain myself alone. What little I have left over goes into the ranch I hope to build someday. And I started 2 years ago.

Also not to crush your dreams but I think one important factor in getting a US green card is having a job already lined up. Don't give up though, but definitely do more research.
>>
File: 1497804181131.jpg (33KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1497804181131.jpg
33KB, 720x533px
>>34340050

Huh this is me like 2 years ago.

Did not end well at all. I got a 3 year travel ban, she's in the loony bin and he lives in his car.

Anon take it from me this isn't going to end well and the amount of suffering which is going to go down....
>>
>>34340033
>why the hell are you married when she still is living with her partner and 3 kids?
Logistics, it was the only way for me to be able to stay there. We haven't married yet, but my visa has been approved, so I've got roughly 70 days left to travel there to get married, and we need a plan.
>>
>>34339990
>if we can get internet

You're looking at easily $10,000+ to get internet and utilities out there. Probably a hell of a lot more.
>>
>>34340072
>I got a 3 year travel ban

Why?
>>
>>34340073
you're being used by some washed up roastie who is looking for a way out and you're too fucking stupid to be able to see it.
>>
>>34340085
I'm just as desperate for a way out. My life is just as shit here without her.

>only one partner for 20 years
>roastie

mmmno.
>>
>>34340073
This is a horrible idea. Seriously listen to everyone in this thread. You are going to Fuck your life up permanently.
>>
>>34340054
Pretty much what I've been thinking. Just too expensive to live an even remotely modern lifestyle in the middle of nowhere without startup money.
>>
>>34340043
Why would you shit on my boys dreams like that
>>
>>34340081

Immigration really doesn't like it when you upset native families and when immigration finds out they really come after you.

You keep going down this path and only misery awaits you. No amount of sex is worth it and we both know that's the only reason why you are chasing this. Lots of people are going to get burn't over this fantasy.
>>
>>34340088
how old are you honestly? Please tell me you're 20.
>>
>>34340095
I saw a lot of guys in the military ruin the ever living shit out of their lives by jumping into marriages that had half as many red flags as your relationship is throwing up. Real talk man, /k/ommando to /k/ommando, do not do this.
>>
>>34340112

>>34340109
>Immigration really doesn't like it when you upset native families and when immigration finds out they really come after you.

Interesting. Why would they care if we follow all the rules?

>>34340109
>No amount of sex is worth it and we both know that's the only reason why you are chasing this

Maybe that's why I did in the beginning, but there's a whole lot more to it now. We're just too alone without each other, and she needs to leave, so we're figuring out our options.

Our plan B is just renting a place nearby where they are now so she's not too far from the kids.
>>
>>34340099
The same reason you wouldn't tell some downsy kid he can be a racecar driver someday. There's no point in lying to someone just because you're afraid of hurting their feelings.
>>
>>34339793
>$3.5k at the very best to get us started.
Come back with 10 times that amount.
>>
>>34340123
so find a fucking woman in Australia to marry and have children with. Don't spend your pathetic life's savings on someone who is using you to escape a relationship. She doesn't give a fuck about you, you are just a tool to get what she wants.
>>
>>34340123
If you want my honest to God advice. Go to Moree and work on the combines. I got offered a fuck ton of jobs a couple years back, I declined because I don't want to live in Australia I already have my house paid off. But really mate they're fucking desperate for jobs over there, they have 90 year old women and abbos managing the warehouses.

If you go there I garuntee you a high paying job, now go do that and work for 5-10 years then go settle somewhere in the suburbs. DONT COME TO NEW ZEALAND!! I don't want your kind over here.
>>
This same guy has been posting the same shit on /pol/ the last few days. He's dead set on it and a total retard, no helping him.
>>
>>34340123
>We're just too alone without each other, and she needs to leave, so we're figuring out our options.

Jesus, flash backs.

Anon, your not saving her. You can't support her, the lust for you is driven by desperation. Once she's out, your out. The sex becomes dull there is no excitement, then you spend the next 5 years looking over your shoulder because you have seriously pissed of all the wrong people.

I'm just waiting for one of the smarter kids to grow up and sue me.

You think you are doing the right thing, but you are being blinded. Your foreign to her country and trust me, once he gets pissy and tells immigration your in cuff and on the first place home.

They care very much about the rules, especially the one about upholding conservative christian values. You are being very naive and don't realize how far down the rabbit hole you are, back off her now and cut ties. This fantasy is arson.
>>
>>34340141
If you knew some of the shit we've been through. You think it was easy every evening sitting in the living room with her partner shaking in fury? Having him read our emails in the morning that I accidentally left open talking about our plans for another kid, come into our bedroom while we're both naked & threaten to splatter my head all over the wall? Trying to keep straight faces for the kids' sake, trying to enjoy being so happy together while we desperately plugged holes in the walls of reality coming apart around us?

We might have use for each other but we're not just using each other. We have to be together. This is one of a very few options.
>>
>>34340155
Thanks anon. And yeah that's me. /k/ is my old home and more relevant to living in the middle of nowhere so I'm askin here.
>>
>>34340156
Worst part is I know you're right.

What's a man to do when he's in love but try to find a way.
>>
Let the aussie fuck his life up and die in the middle of nowhere. Fucking aussies
>>
>>34340160
>We have to be together. This is one of a very few options.

Bollocks. Utter bollocks, I've being exactly where you are and you brought this on yourself, it's not your only option.

What your 22? 23? You can't support a woman of 45? It's only sex and you can get that elsewhere. Anon your dreaming.

I know exactly what your going through and your full of shit. You have options, your just blinded by the first bit of pussy you got.
>>
>>34340179
You wise bastard. I'm 29 and she's 41, and yeah, she was the first pussy I had.

Fuck.
>>
>>34340171

Fuck off. Right, done out. Fuck you, you have no idea what your doing and your about to seriously fuck up your own life and the lives of other because you want you dick wet.

Fucking out
>>
>>34340171
Grow a fucking dick and some fucking brain cells. Go to Moree like I fucking told you too, work for a couple years and then get your fucking lifestyle block.
>>
Starting to actually convince me this entire relationship is a terrible, terrible idea.

I love you /k/.
>>
>>34340193
Look, they're not wrong but don't make the mistake of letting strangers on the internet run your life.

They ain't wrong though, but that's for you to decide.
>>
>>34340183
She used him and she is useing you.

She would have found another, but that's really no excuse. You are quite literally less of a man for taking part in breaking up a family. If you have any dignity, and after growing up, you will look back on your actions and feel terrible.
>>
>>34340160
waaaah our relationship is so special and different from everyone elses and no one has ever experienced the things I have experienced waaaaah.

>>34340183
Anon I want to feel sorry for you but there have been multiple people in this thread giving you the information that you need to hear but don't want to hear. Cut your fucking ties with this toxic woman. You're not the first person in the world to fall in love with the first bitch you put your dick in. You will move on and you will become a stronger person because of what you went through.
>>
>>34340193
Cunt a bunch of people spent three days telling you that on /pol/ but you had your head so far up your ass you wouldn't listen. You're on the full, stereotypical Rescue fantasy track with some old roasty who's going to drop your ass and go back to her ex the moment shit gets slightly tough.
Listen, women like that don't stay with abusive partners because they have to. They stick with them because it gives them the validation of constantly being a victim and easy access to dumb young idiots who will do stupid shit for pussy because they're too young to know better. These women do what she's doing to other guys every few years and then always go back to hubby.

Never fuck a woman whose entire character is being a victim.
>>
>>34340193
Look mate, I want you to read this but in your dads advice giving voice.
You are looking for a life change, I get that. You want something different you want to start anew. But not like this. Use your 3.5k to take you to Moree, where they are incredibly desperate for workers. You'll make 2k a week easy. The best part is you can pack a bag, get in your car and fuck off on a roadtrip. A mate of mine (her name is Kelly) owns a trailer park there. Tell her you know me (Stacey, am a bloke though), she'll get you a cheap place.

Now work, focus on nothing but work for the next 5 years. Just keep it in your mind it's only 5 years, when I'm done I can get my little lifestyle block or place in the suburbs.

Before you know it you'll have your own place, and then you can find yourself a sheela to spend the rest of your days with, and this whole matter will be behind you.
>>
>>34340239
What kind of work?
>>
>>34340251
Not him, but does it really matter
>>
>>34340258
Well if it's work I'm completely unqualified to do then yeah
>>
>>34339793
sell the land and buy a proper house you dumb faggot. honestly get your priorities straight, who the fuck is married and only has $3.5k in liquid cash? thats just irresponsible. then you come to a shitty 4chink board to ask if you should leave jobs and everything you have and start over with $3.5k. millennials are fucking cancer. save up to $50k minimum you retard, $3.5 is not even substantial as emergency medical savings
>>
>>34339793
How do you niggers come and talk about guns and only have >5k available.
Property ownership is the most /k/ purchase you can possibly make. What are you defending with your poorfag guns? Your pathetic excuse of a life? Make something of your life, then you can consider it worth defending.
>>
>>34340251
It's kinda a hub town for Sydney in Melbourne, so there's a fuck ton of warehouse and truck jobs. Not to mention it's the biggest place in the country for grain. They literally have abbos driving expensive million dollar tractors so you can imagine how desperate they are.
>>
>>34340260
The fact that they are taking anyone who will go out there kinda means you are qualified by default.
>>
>>34340260
Nah if you have white skin you're fucking overqualified, a forklift license doesn't hurt though, and that's as easy as paying $100 and taking a piss easy test.
>>
File: 1460091661115.jpg (164KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460091661115.jpg
164KB, 718x960px
>>34339819
>>34339819
>>34339819
WAIT WAIT WAIT. HOW AM I THE FIRST PERSON TO POINT THIS OUT
>>34339819
>I'm in Australia, she's stuck with her deadbeat partner
>>34339793
>take for me and my wife to leave everything

it sounds like her pussy is already being taken care of and in good hands. maybe you should just stay in australia
>>
Y'all might like to know she's now reading the thread. Say hi
>>
>>34340287
Put me in the screencap
>>
>>34340287
Whore, how could you do this to your kids?
>>
>>34340287
>>
>>34340296
OP here, don't be so harsh when you've only got the cliff notes edition of the way everything is.
>>
>>34340301
SHES A SKANK/HORRIBLE MOTHER AND YOU ARE A DESPERATE RETARD!!! Accept that and then move to the place the other anon told you.
>>
And she's gone off to do some other stuff.

Surprisingly enough she doesn't seem to like anonymized slightly edited information being talked about her on 4chan. I appreciate the advice you guys can give. Not so terrible to be talkin about it here is it?
>>
>>34340331
Please for the love of god forget about this women. She's using you like the easily manipulated retard you are.
>>
If you spent a year in a small town doing dual income stuff, you might have a leg up.

Stay in a one room apartment, eat leftovers from the cafe you're working at, make friends with old homesteaders and buy their working shit at a discount.

I would advise a 10k nest egg, though.
>>
>>34340141
This is spot on.
>>
>>34340331
Because this thread does not advance her goals.
>>
>>34339845
If you only own 1 car and it breaks down, you'll be stranded.
>>
File: well.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>34339793
>no water rights
Never heard about such a thing where I live...
>get a shovel
>dig a well
>profit
>>
>>34340595
Colorado adds complications to that.
>>
File: laughinghotwives.jpg (37KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
laughinghotwives.jpg
37KB, 624x351px
>>34339819
>I'm in Australia, she's stuck with her deadbeat partner and 3 kids in AZ.
Uhh...
>>
>>34340595
>>34340607
Water rights are different in this part of the country.
Dunno why anyone would buy land without water rights if they wanted to homestead.
Trinidad area isn't exactly lush.
>>
>>34340424
This. My buddies gf no longer talks to me because I'm divorced and she overheard me telling him marriage is a fucking scam. She wants to get married and now I get the stink eye and believe she's beginning to undermine our friendship.

She's using you dude.
>>
>>34340331
>Surprisingly enough she doesn't seem to like anonymized slightly edited information being talked about her on 4chan.

No shit, I wouldn't either. PERSEC isn't a fucking meme.
>>
File: _81738062_risitas.jpg (34KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_81738062_risitas.jpg
34KB, 1024x576px
>>34339819
Lol this is the definition of cuck.

OP just get bit by a spider or let some hueg aussiecunt animal eat you and get it over with.
>>
>>34339997
Most remote work jobs are literally impossible on satellite internet. It's just too slow and high-latency.
>>
File: 1480676190389.png (2MB, 640x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1480676190389.png
2MB, 640x1613px
>>34339793

>We'll only manage to get $3.5k at the very best to get us started

Got a job?

3500 USD is, honestly, absolutely ridiculous!

And I'm saying this as a 30 year old guy who grew up in a small town with people who actually do live off the grid!

You can't just "build everything", a lot of things need to be bought.

Oh Jesus, I actually have to ask this - by what logic did you THINK it was possible? I mean, tell us, step by step, what you THINK you would need and how much things would cost? I know, I know, people will bash you for it, but it is going to be an eye opening experience.
>>
>>34340054
Just curious how did you find where you could get free, potable water?
>>
>>34342939
No, her husband is the definition of a cuck. OP is the definition of a white knight retard.
>>
>>34339793
Solar panels on Amazon are $115 per 100 watts, so for a 2kw system (which is what you'd need for a reasonably sized house) is $2,300 at least, marine cycle batteries run at $100 per 1.2kwh, charge controller is another $100 to $200, and an inverter to make AC is $300.
How in the fuck did you think this was possible.
>>
File: 1497921898254.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1497921898254.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>34339796
Most underrated part on the Internet.
>>
>>34339793
new idea apart from everyone else, sell the 90 acres and get ~20 WITH water rights and a job.
>not saving money to buy things in the most capitalist country in the world
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.