[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mitchell arms luger p-08

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I've always wanted a luger, mainly due to the sleek look and unique mechanism, ive looked at a few antique ones but they are generally prohibitively expensive. Has anyone ever shot the mitchell arms p08? Opinions on brushed stainless vs blued steel, general luger thread.
>>
I have absolutely no experience with them but I will predict that they are shit based on the name alone.
>>
>>34339255
Is mitchell arms a shit tier company or something? Ive never seen them other than this
>>
>>34339263
they sell forced matched guns and try to claim they are "historic"
>>
>>34339237
>That massive tasteless rollmark

That alone should be enough to kill your desire for it.
>>
>>34339263
A Mitchell Arms one should be much cheaper than a genuine one, if the seller tries to highball you tell him the massive mark and reputation of Mitchell Arms ruins the value and therefore it should make a fine shooter.
>>
A decade ago Mitchells was selling Yugo M48s as 'Genuine Mausers'. the going price for an M48 was $90 and Mitchells was $480 IIRC.

I've shot original Lugers, they are very cool, but I'm not willing to fork out the bucks for one.
>>
File: the_struggle_is_over_bolshevik.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
the_struggle_is_over_bolshevik.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34339237
I picked up an all matching 1920 commercial luger in 7.65mm for $750. If you don't HAVE to have one in 9mm with all the Nazi marks then a luger can be affordable. Save up and buy a real matching luger, you'll never regret it and they are great guns. I actually carry mine around the farm sometimes for pest control.

Pic related, my luger and a dead groundhog.
>>
>>34342001
>A decade ago Mitchells was selling Yugo M48s as 'Genuine Mausers'
Well, I mean, a Yugo Mauser IS a Mauser
>>
>>34346147
Heavily implying they were K98s.

They took RC and Yugo capture K98s and scrubbed them then the restamped them to make them matching rifles.
>>
>>34346187
Oh yeah, it was absolutely scummy of them.
>>
>>34343848
Lucky bastard, in Canada here getting a Luger in 7.65mm costs about 2k.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (1MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
1MB, 4272x2848px
>>34339237
The Mitchell guns are the same as the Stoeger Lugers - both made by Aimco. I've heard various complaints over the years of functioning issues and galling of the moving parts due to soft steel. However some folks report theirs works well.

Personally, I would advise saving the money and investing in an original Mauser, DWM or Erfurt Luger. They are a known quantity and will only appreciate in value.

I have a couple of wartime DWM's, the VoPo reblue (top) is my 'shooter'.
>>
>>34346840
I understand there exist some 7.65mm ones where the outer diameter of the barrel is the same as on a 9mm, instead of being properly thinner as they usually are, have you ever seen one, and what's their deal?
>>
on the topic of reproductions, how is Navy Arms? I keep seeing 1916 Spanish mausers from them.
>>
>>34346840
oh wow, drake is back.
>>
>>34349974
He was never gone, he just pops in every now and then.
>>
>>34343848
Nice shot mate
>>
Didn't Mauser do a run of new lugers not too long ago, but they didn't sell? I'd expect the price to have dropped some at this point.
>>
>>34343848
assuming you shot that one handed?
>>
>>34351660
That was in the 70's.

I think they typically fetch shooter grade prices.
>>
>>34351864
Shit. I'm a poorfag, but owning a luger would be the coolest shit. I hear they're pretty accurate guns as well.
>>
File: IMG_7149.jpg (758KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7149.jpg
758KB, 3072x2304px
>>34352149
They are quite accurate but the unusual trigger arrangement and tiny sights are handicaps.
>>
Anyone have one of those 70s Mauser Parabellums? Looking at one of those since it should still be made well, and looks like the best value luger for the condition.
>>
>>34352966
They were made on the Swiss tooling so the early models are representations of the M1906/29. Later ones had cosmetic changes to look more like a P.08 but they are not identical if that's what you are after. The fit and finish is not on-par with the original guns but that's to be expected with the increase in labor costs over 50 years. As a shooter they are just fine but you'll find the prices are getting close to that of 'shooter' grade originals as they are collectible in their own right.
>>
>>34339237

>mfw I was looking at the exact one you are talking about 2 days ago for a friend but suddenly couldn't buy it due to unforeseen expenses

life is fucking suffering m8, I know he would have loved to have that one too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.