[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can 80 percent firearms be fully automatic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: EP-Lowers-full-rifle.jpg (62KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
EP-Lowers-full-rifle.jpg
62KB, 660x371px
I'm considering making my own 80%'er, but I'm wondering if it's legal to have the lower receiver be fully automatic without a registration. Is it? I'd only be using it for personal use.
>>
File: 58e.jpg (37KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
58e.jpg
37KB, 800x800px
>>34338156
Yeah you're good to go, just don't forget to post about it on Facebook and visit a couple public ranges showing it off.
>>
>>34338156
Enjoy your dog being shot by the ATF, assuming that's before or after your AR explodes.
>>
>>34338156
Just shoot your dog and save the ATF some trouble OP. You are too stupid to own one anyways.
>>
>>34338156
If you do you're gonna get ATF'd.
Kill 5 or 6 of them.
>>
>>34338166
I wouldnt wanna publicize it too much
>>
>>34338156
Short answer, no.
Long answer, Fuck No.

Seriously go do any amount of reading on this and you'll realize when you are retarded.
>>
>>34338186
From what I've seen, the lower receiver is unregulated so long as you make it yourself. I havent read the law itself on it, but that's what I've seen on the matter.
>>
>>34338198
You know what an auto-sear is right? Even if you make the lower, its not designed with the sear, nor will most of the other parts for your AR be either, basically it will destroy itself from firing or worst case, actually blow up in your hands. And that's not even roping the ATF into the situation, who will proceed to assfuck you six ways to Sunday if they ever catch wind of your stupidity.
>>
Understood. Thanks for the help, and apologies for my stupidity.
>>
this is what is referred to as a 10 year minimum
>>
>>34338233
pretty sure you just need the sear kit and a new buffer/tube
>>
>>34338166
>tfw no public ranges to shoot in peace with in CA

Fucking hate this state
>>
File: 1497805621622.png (121KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
1497805621622.png
121KB, 500x582px
>>
>>34338156
I didn't realize that /k/ was so afraid of sharing completely legal knowledge. At least the government can rest assured that they won't need any thought police when we're happy to do it ourselves.

https://murdercube.com/files/Gunsmithing/Full-Auto%20Conversions/

Don't do anything stupid OP.
>>
>>34338156
80 percent is a firearm?
what is the rest? cake?
>>
>>34339205
Aluminum.
>>
>>34338174
A dog or a gun?
>>
Ive had ppl at my range with full auto guns, my friend said you just need a really special permit.
>>
>>34338822
Literally all he would need to do besides the auto sear is stick with mil-spec parts.
>>
>>34339303
you need to be in the business or have a tax stamp and 20 grand.
>>
>>34339303
Your friend is full of shit and you type like a 14 year old.
>>
>>34338198
im sure this is a bait thread but on the off chance that you're actually retarded...

You can make your own firearm from 80% lowers, but you have to comply with all federal/state/local laws. If you're not allowed to buy it off the shelf without jumping through extra hoops you can't build it (legally) either
>>
>>34338198
>From what I've seen, the lower receiver is unregulated so long as you make it yourself.
I don't think you know what that means...

You still need to conform to the same basic laws that govern whether that product is legal to own or not, or under what conditions it's legal to own.

You're just not constrained to the regulations regarding the proper conditions of sale, transfer, or end-user liability, because in the eyes of the law, the final product was built by you, and not sold, transferred, or commercially manufactured.
>>
I'm going to assume you are in the US. The answer is NO, not at all legally unless you somehow get an exemption from the 86-MG ban 922(o) or you buy a transferable pre-86 Drop-In auto sear instead of a new Tesla Model 3.

This all assumes mind you your state even allows the possession of machine guns and other NFA regulated items. The only thing worth mentioning is some based states like Alaska have firearms freedom acts which under state laws in some places, allow you to build machine guns, suppressors, etc. provided you stamp them "Made in Alaska" and don't leave the state.

Keep in mind you would still be violating the federal NFA law regardless and there's nothing to stop the feds from buying you a dog just to let you bond with it before they shoot it and put your ass in federal prison for a decade. As a foot note, Alaska does have a law that prevents any law enforcement resources or personnel from helping the feds enforce those laws.
>>
>>34339277
oh
so its 100 % firearm
>>
>>34338198
Well, you seem to be very confident on the issue. Go ahead and do it, make sure to show it off to as many people as possible.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.