[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whut is gudder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: grand-power-VS-steyr.jpg (53KB, 1000x387px) Image search: [Google]
grand-power-VS-steyr.jpg
53KB, 1000x387px
Whut is gudder?
>>
>>34337625
yes
>>
>>34337625

steyr
>>
>>34337625
both
>>
>>34337750
Came here to post this
>>
>>34337625
Steyr
>>
>>34337625
Grand power has a better trigger and is da/sa

Steyr is a little lighter, has a lower bore axis, and is striker.

You should buy a glock 19.
>>
>>34337625
>Steyr
>low bore axis
>extraction issues
>trigger is okay after gen3

>GP
>rotating barrel
>out of battery problems when dirty
>great trigger
>thick
>>
>>34337625
Same caliber, same gun, little difference
>>
>>34337625
do you want a striker or hammer? shits not that complicated.
>>
>>34337836
>extraction issues
Nope. They fixed that
>>
>>34337836
How is a low bore axis a bad thing?
>>
>>34337801
Fired both, Steyr has the better trigger hands down.
>>
>>34338510
harder to hipfire
>>
>>34337625
Both are great.

steyr has gay sights, is striker fired(lol modified SA) with no safety, and has a weird internal lock/disassembly key interface.

OTOH it supposedly is borderline glock like in respect to reliability, has appropriate sized mags excluding the compact(10 rnds for some reason), and geometrically speaking should be able to handle recoil infinitesimally better than some guns due to it's grip angle and lower BORE AXIS BRAND BORE AXIS.

The GP is DA/SA, has a safety(and decocker in newer models), has less gay but still kinda gay and harder to replace sights, has the best production da/sa trigger I've felt, has amazing finish(like glass), and is very accurate. The rotating barrel is also supposed to make it a little softer shooting.

OTOH it has gay mag capacity(15 for full size and 12 for compact), and may not take field abuse as well as the steyr.

FWIW i have owned both and honestly like the GP a lot more. Don't get me wrong, i really like the steyr(except the sights) but frankly im more into DA/SA than striker guns and the GP is prettier to boot. Also both of my examples(S9-A1 and P11) were perfectly reliable but it does seem that the GP doesn't like steel case ammo.
>>
>>34338510
Who said it was a bad thing?

>>34338845
Have you ever encountered your P11 bottlenecking your brass?
I've read the GP can start choking when it gets '150 rounds of steel' levels of dirty, any thoughts on that?

How would you compare the actual recoil of the two? Was the bore axis meme enough to counteract the snappy nature of a subcompact?
>>
>>34337625
GLAWK!
>>
File: steyr.jpg (843KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
steyr.jpg
843KB, 1600x2400px
>>34337625
Anything but the Steyr.
>>
>>34338947
1. No, not that I've noticed.

2. I dont shoot steel out of my p11. I shot one box out of the gun when i first got it and had a failure to extract resulting in a double feed. I chalked it off as likely being due to a combination of steel cased ammo's tendency to stick in chambers(fireforms but doesnt contract i hear), it's low power, and the design. FWIW i also experienced weak ejection with the rest of the box. I've shot several hundred(300-500) rounds of brass cased(federal mostly) ammo without issue and received the gun fairly dirty when i bought it used. I've gone around ~200rnds between cleaning at one point without issue but i do keep the gun wet. Haven't experienced any issues with feeding HSTs either. Frankly I'd consider the GP design to be adequately reliable for range or defensive use, probably not going to handle field abuse(torture test type shit) as well as some more robust designs though.

3. Not enough to care about frankly. I've owned three handguns of that size and several larger handguns in 9mm over the years. While there's definitely slightly less felt recoil with the bigger guns I honestly wouldn't say that I'm all that much faster or accurate with them over the smaller ones. Trigger and how im shooting on any given day has more of an effect than size or design. Heavier/low bore axis/natural girp designs do seem to make accurate double taps or mag dumps a little easier and more brainless though. Neither the steyr or GP struck me as being noticeably less recoiling than each other or the M&P 9c i owned before them for that matter either.

Neither gun was unpleasant or annoying to shoot. Something like my PPS with no grip extension is where i start really noticing a appreciable increase in uncomfortability and ease of use.
>>
Is the steyr any good in 357 sig?
>>
>>34339081
Cheers my dude
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.