[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal weapons in japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: img131.gif (164KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
img131.gif
164KB, 600x448px
I want to be prepared for a fight in Japan, and so I can protect my students, but knives and katana are illegal there. What kind of weapons are legal? I was thinking I could probably carry an iron fan and even the cops wouldn't think it was a weapon?

Not sure I can get good enough to use it tho.

https://youtu.be/nd-ZsveduHY
>>
>>34335950
hahahahahahaha holy shit now this is some chuuni bullshit

do you think life is an 80's martial arts action movie or what
>>
>>34335950
When I lived in Japan I went to the local hardware store and bought a piece of rebar and wrapped tape around one end, shit was great for it
>>
>>34335950
just get some magic powers or something, i hear that's pretty common in japan.
>>
File: 1496709340016.jpg (62KB, 540x522px) Image search: [Google]
1496709340016.jpg
62KB, 540x522px
>>34335997
While I believe this is a good solid option i'd go for some sort of gundam for self defense.

>buster cannons for far away yakuza threats
>beam sabers for up close drunken encounters from your rival co worker who is vying for the top position at your corporate office
>gundamium alloy for the off chance you do encounter a fire arm/some one wants to stab you

You could go for something more cc like a smaller power armor, but I figure you're a foreigner so why not indulge in the best?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>34335997
This, a mahou shojo outfit will work wonders
>>
>>34335967
Fighting with a fan is real. It's called tessenjutsu.
>>
>>34335950
rent a vehicle and run the nip over.
>>
File: Gunsen_Asian_Art_Museum_SF.jpg (153KB, 1280x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Gunsen_Asian_Art_Museum_SF.jpg
153KB, 1280x1087px
>>34336111
I want good self-defense.
https://youtu.be/g20LYxoqTtw
You can even disarm a man going on a knifing spree with these fans.
>>
>>34335950
Why would you need weaponry in Japan?
>>
>>34336159
Why do you need weapons anywhere? It's for self defense.

Japan has Yakuza, uyoku, drunken sumo wrestlers, unhinged men who stab kids, wild boars and bears. A metal fan is better than a fist against all of these.
>>
>>34336159
This, the entire time I was in Japan I felt silly even carrying a pocket knife, people there are so pleasant. The only real worry you'd have would be republicans who just want to run off anyone who isn't Japanese.

I mean, one time I left my wallet on the bus and it came around a full trip and was still in the seat where I'd left it on accident
>>
>>34336193
You're better off with pepper spray than that
>>
just carry a cane or one of those unbreakable umbrellas. if you cant conceal at least carry something that doesnt look out of place.
>>
>ITT OP thinks he will go to Japan and be some ladyboy gaisha tranny ninja fighting the ykuza with his metal fan
>>
File: tessen_by_hahathna.png (745KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tessen_by_hahathna.png
745KB, 540x720px
>>34336208
I lived there for a couple months too, and carried around a pocket knife when I didn't know it was illegal and a bamboo walking stick. I walk at night and it's still better to be prepared because drunks so.etimes talk to you. All the sheepies are vulnerable and you don't want to be like the Japs. If someone attacks your class like that Chinese man who stabbes a dozen kindergardeners in a class in China, or the Akihabara stabber, you don't want to be defenseless. Especially if they know martial arts.

>>34336238
Isn't pepper spray illegal in Japanese cities? I think bear spray is only allowed I rural areas too?
>>
>>34336323
we need an illustration of this
>>
>>34336350
If you're over 5'5" you're a giant in Japan. Nobody is going to mess with your kids. If you're genuinely worried go get a baseball set and keep it in a baseball bag as though you're gonna play on an intermural team or whatever
>>
>>34336354
Start with Speed-o'-Sound Sonic, then give him crippling autism
>>
>>34336208
>Republicans
>Japan
You need to learn politics boy. Japan has right wing politicians, but Republicans are an American party.
>>
>>34336523
You need to go to Japan. Their Republican Party is very real bb
>>
>>34335982
Did the exact same thing in a suburb of Chicago, just incase SHTF
>>
>>34336538
>>34336523
I'm sorry, I misspoke, I mean to say their conservatives, the ones who want to run out them evil white folks
>>
>>34336549
It's a good fucking stuff up device if you've got the upper body for it
>>
>>34335950
baka gaijin, you must cultivate inner strength. Your fighting aura is your best defense and ranged option. If that doesn't work out for you learn either black magic or exorcism so you can curse opponents.

Sadly you are probably limited to melee for practical carry options but don't start carrying around a Chinese metal fan. Seconding defense sprays. You can stash a can of that Japanese wasp spray and probably melt someone's face off with it.
>>
>>34336942
>wasp spray
not really good but better than nothing i guess
>>
>>34337020
you'd be surprised, I've actually had a few leo's tell me abut that stuff. One, it hurts like hell. It's poison so if it stays in your eyes long enough it will blind you. Also remember just how it smells. Having a pressurized toxin fired into your mouth and nose induces vomiting. Hit a normal person in the face with a jet of it from 20 feet away and you can end most confrontations immediately. It's more effective than pepper spray but also falls into questionable legal ground in the US. No idea what they'd say in Japan.
>>
>>34337653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uy9MnQfk_0

It's sponsored content so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>34335950
>black man in a chinaman's outfit with a dyed red beard
what a time to be alive
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.