[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FN Five-seveN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: FN5711.jpg (485KB, 1761x1416px) Image search: [Google]
FN5711.jpg
485KB, 1761x1416px
So what's the general thought on this? Is 5.7x28mm a good cartridge or is it just for people who want to be different? To me it looks slick as hell, but i've never held or shot one so my opinion doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>34335850
too expensive
>>
>>34335862
very true, the pistol itself is a grand atleast and then the cost per round is like 30-50cents ea depending on what you get. Aside from the cost downside, anything nice to say?
>>
>>34335850
The gun feels like it is made of cheap plastic, like worse than fisher-price
>>
would rent
would take one for free
would not buy at my income level
would not use as anything other than a range toy
would love to take one on a holodeck and light up a hoard of invading _____.
>>
>>34336009
Unfortunately this
>>
>>34336087
>>34336009
really, I wouldn't of expected that from the price.
>>
>>34336098
Well it does feel cheap, not outrageous like fisher price. Its all about the round it shoots but even the round is obscure, good round but I can justify the cost unless you have a p90 really
>>
>>34335850
Try to find one in person. They're fucking huge. Slightly longer (though not as tall with a mag inserted) than an fnx-45.
>>
>>34336444
I'll call some local indoor ranges and see if they have one to test out.
>>
>>34336444
This. They had one eat my lgs and the thing is massive. Think Hk m 23 massive but plastic. I'd rather just get a 22 mag semi for hundreds less.
>>
>>34335850
piece of shit. too big, meme snowflake round, ammo is just as expensive as the pistol, and feels like it could break if you drop it hard enough. 10mm is not my cup of tea, but i'd recommend it over a 5.7 pistol.
>>
It's the only sidearm approved onboard the Battlestar Galactica. Very effective against Cylons.
>>
It gets shit on a lot by butthurt plebs who can never afford one. Most arguments will be that you can get something that'll kill at a much lower price or some other made up reason why it's a bad gun.
Truth of the matter is if you judge it only on it's merit, an FN is a pretty sleek piece of machinery. It feels like a toy but it's very well built. Recoil is almost non-existent, accuracy is second to none, it holds 20 rounds and comes with three magazines, and is very light.
Bad points are that it's too big for a concealed carry, ammo is expensive, you won't find any black tipped AP rounds (if you actually care about that), and the grip tends to leave a checkered marks on your palm after you're done.
>>
>>34335850
own a first gen/pm.
pros
>accurate af
>5.7 is best pis rnd
>lightweight
>appx. put 7000 rnds still on original barrel

cons
>expensive as shit still have buyer remorse
>reliable but if somthing breaks you gon get raped
>weak trigger
>plastic everywhere
>bad qc and tolarance
>>
>>34336731
>bad qc and tolarance

explain this please
>>
>>34336139
>>34336562
>>34336676

>Ammo is expensive!!!!!
it's only a few cents more per round than .45 acp, it's really not that bad.
>>
>>34335850
This was my first firearm ever purchased and I haven't had buyers remorse, and I live in CA where prices are at least MSRP and most of the time more than that.

Pros:
High capacity. 20 rds. and still weighs less than any other handguns with less rounds or equal rounds.
Accurate
Little to no recoil
Can penetrate 3A armor if you have the ammo.

Cons:
Specialty rounds are very expensive.
Plinking ammo is around the price of 45 ACP.
Expensive even in the used market, unless you get lucky with someone desperate.
Plastic does not feel as high quality but I personally don't mind too much.
Trigger is quite heavy and with a long pull.
Not many aftermarket support and if there is its expensive.
>>
>>34335850
Fit's my hand like a glove.
Hit what I point at with like a mofo
Fun.
it's like three dollars of material and a barrel for a grand and the jew in me will never get past that
>>
>>34336562
Stop trying to shill your 10mm meme round
>>
Round is cool as a range toy but I'd be concerned about over-penetration in any day to day application. The thing was designed to tear holes through Kevlar and walls, and I'll never use it for that.

Also, the plastic really does feel cheap, and considering the slide AND frame are plastic on the new ones, I can't justify spending over a grand on something I could 3D print and drop the parts into for far less.
>>
File: marisa vectors.jpg (31KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
marisa vectors.jpg
31KB, 300x169px
>>34335850
https://youtu.be/JQy8WCdjCnY?t=107
>>
>>34337626
The slide is steel but covered in the same plastic as the frame. I personally haven't had any issues with the plastic on my FN, it does feel cheap.
>>
>>34337661
Why did they do that? Why not just nitride the thing?
>>
>>34337689
I don't know, they could have made it less THICC by reducing plastic used but they got their own testing criteria so it must be a reason why.
>>
>>34337626
there is 100% no chance of you ever 3d printing a five seven.
>>
If shot placement is everything and the Five-seveN has both extra capacity and high accuracy, certainly that makes it the best damned combat pistol, no?

Fucking HK you cockblocking shit tossers this could have been NATO standard, FUCK.
>>
>>34336562
>too big
You do understand what the gun was for right? It's not a CC gun. My personal grip is the safety. 5" FNX/S 5.7 would have been great but nooo
>>
>>34336827
i just bought it when it first came out and the rail seems 'not cut right' as well as the slide i might be poopooing it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.