[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winchester Model 1894

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: AT06 Win 30-30 p1.jpg (169KB, 1000x429px) Image search: [Google]
AT06 Win 30-30 p1.jpg
169KB, 1000x429px
Hi all.

I own a Model 94 "Sheriff Bat Masterson" version. I was wondering how this rifle compares to a regular 1894 in terms of price. I'm going for a more authentic look and my rifle is a bit cheesy IMO. If the prices are comparable I might sell or trade mine, if not I'll either sell or keep it's super valuable.

Looked it up and I couldn't find anything concrete, all of the rifles were ranging from $400-2000. What do I do??
>>
>>34333956
If its not a pre 64, its not worth owning.
>>
Knowing nothing of that model in particular, it really is that much of a crapshot. If it's an unfired, unmolested, unharmed example, some fudd might just give you a grand. Anything less than 100% out-of-the-box new condition drops its value, sometimes by a lot.

Gunbroker has four listed, all but one in unfired condition. They're all at 1k or more, and only one has a bid (technically two, since it's a consecutive pair). That tells us two things: They're ridiculously priced considerig they're wall hangers, and not a lot of people are really interested in them.

My guess, if it's halfway decent, your LGS might give you a straight trade on a decent Marlin or a used Winchester, but probably around $750 worth of trade, max.

Also, what >>34334004 said. From a shooters perspective, it's an inferior weapon, because post 64 all the older, labor intensive processes for making a rifle had been phased out.
>>
>>34334035
how would I check the date?
And it has been dry fired a shit ton, but I've only put about 10 or so rounds through it. I'll ask the guy I got it from how much he's fired it.
>>
>>34334054
If it's a Bat Masterson edition rifle, I guarantee it's post 64. So far as I can tell it's a 1980's production. If you shot it, dry fired it, handled it other than to pull it out of the box and say "look, it's my Bat Masterson Win94, exactly like the rifle he probably didn't use because by 94 his gunfighting days were mostly over," then it's really not worth that much.
>>
File: post pre 64.jpg (60KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
post pre 64.jpg
60KB, 800x588px
>>34334054
check the serial (page 9)
http://www.winchesterguns.com/content/dam/winchester-repeating-arms/support/faq/serial-number-reference/Winchester-Manufacture-Dates-by-Year-2012-Scanned-Documents.pdf

easiest way to check for post/pre 64 is to check for a link pin set screw (right below the serial)
>>
>>34334097
that pic isn't mine, sorry that was misleading
>>34334212
k, mine is post
>>
File: 30-30-2.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
30-30-2.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>34334307
>mine is post
yes, all special/commemorative editions are.

if you're looking for a nice wall hanger 94 you generally want something really really old or a pre 64 with a really really good finish in 30-30
>>
>>34334376
what do one of those cost nowadays? And what are the major differences between pre and post?
>>
>>34334514
Its a crap shoot. I got lucky and scored it for 700 bucks. I've seen worse ones listed at over 1000 but I dont think it would be hard to find a nice one for around 900. Its a gun you're better off playing the waiting with and find a deal IMO, some people have no idea about the pre/post thing.

Functionally, not much. Winchester was sold in 64 so the ones made after do have minor differences but the biggest thing was the way the blued them, it just didnt turn out as nice. So, pre's have become collectors items and command a premium. If you want something to actually shoot and hunt with, get a post for like 400 bucks. But it sounds like you want an authentic 94. Id throw that thing on AL, take the first 1k that came your way (assuming its in like new condition) and start your search. And I agree, special editions look hokey but some people like them for w/e reason.
>>
>>34334514
oh and 30-30 and 30WCF is the same cartridge
>>
>>34334668
>>34334770
if there's no noticeable difference for people like me (interested but rather new to shooting) then I'm going to go with a post
thx
>>
I inherited a model 94 from 1943 in god damn near mint condition. Whats some cheap ammo that I can use at the range for plinking?
>>
>>34334976
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-30-winchester
>>
File: 20170603_201656.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_201656.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Just got a pre-64 (made in 1954) from dad.

Trouble is, it's .32 Win Special, which no. fucking. body. uses around here, so it costs me twice as much to shoot as some other caliber.
>>
>>34336579
>scoping your model 94
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.