[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CC advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Just got my license to carry in PA. Any advice for a first time CC? Pic related, it's what I'll be carrying
>>
Trade pic related in for a Glock 42. It's literally only 1 oz heavier although it's noticeably larger in every other dimension. It shoots much, much better and is built to last.

Other than that, you'll have to experiment quite a bit to find what works for your body type and lifestyle.

Start with a good belt. Not a big deal with sub 20 oz pistols like this but the stability provided by a gun belt is superb, a necessity with larger guns.

Don't skimp on holsters. Yes you're gonna end up with some that didn't work for you, but cheap holsters don't work at all.

Go shooting often, but you should be practicing dry firing and drawing on a daily or bare minimum weekly basis.

Don't be overly concerned with printing. No one pays attention to anything these days.

Carry a spare mag always. Mags break, they are the weak link in a semi auto.

Realize pistols are far less effective than most people think. Having a ccw is not some magic talisman, best way to win a gunfight is to not enter one.

Watch ASP or active self protection YouTube videos and as many "gunfight/shootout" videos as you can find. The ASP guy is annoying but he does have solid advice for the most part but most importantly his channel has the largest cache of shooting videos I've found. I've also learned from their channel that Brazil has a significant population of "off duty officers."
>>
>>34334034
Other than the first point, pretty much this
>>
>>34334034
Thanks for the advice. I have been following that channel for awhile now. What are your thoughts on carrying without a round in the chamber? I know alot of people say fuck that, but I feel like I'll be more comfortable trying that first. Also, in response to your last comment. Never go to Brazil and if you do, look out for motorcycles lol.
>>
It is essential that you carry with one in the chamber. I would imagine that every one of us was uncomfortable with the prospect in the beginning, but we've managed to look at how guns work, and understand how many hundreds of thousands of cops/ccwers there are who do this daily with no problems.

You've got a double action trigger so I wouldn't be very concerned. It's a bit sketchy when you get into striker fired guns because of how light/short the trigger is.

Never reholster your gun in a hurry. Make sure there are no drawstrings or clothing articles that can get in the trigger guard.
>>
>>34334427
Going from carrying a DA revolver to an LCP, I was told by multiple people to keep an empty chamber. Like, no. Just keep your finger off the trigger when you draw and you're fine. It makes no sense to have to rack the slide on a carry gun.
>>
>>34334427
I do agree with carrying hot, even though I do not. But in my opinion we need to assess OP's firearm familiarity before we advise carrying hot. Some people who get their CC have a tendency to show off and finger fuck their firearm and equipment a lot which poses a hazard to someone with a chamber ready weapon.
I am holding to a stupid mentality of krav maga that racking the slide gives you time to assess the scenario to see if deadly force is needed. But in truth if you are reaching for your gun you have already made that decision and if its empty and I only have one free hand I am fucked.
>>
>>34333909
OC don't cc like a bitch. Be a man.
>>
>>34334859
Good post. Don't show off your gun. It only comes out of the holster for practice/maintenance and to save your ass.

Keep in mind you can short stroke a semi and jam it. In a stressful situation, you are more likely to make mistakes. There is a good video on the ASP channel that demonstrates the futility of carrying w/out a Loaded chamber.

Just carry it around the house with an empty chamber for awhile. Once you are comfortable you can start carrying it with one in the tube.
>>
>>34334034

First post best post.

t. guy who carries a glock 42 most of the time because you can carry that little motherfucker all year long, even when you're wearing just a T-shirt and a swim suit.
>>
>>34333909
you don't need to waste your money on a Glock, the M&Ps are fine. If you want to, later on you can install the apex trigger and springs and it'll be better but in my opinion the Bodyguard looks better than the Glock 42 and is every bit as good out of the box.
>>
>>34335533

Don' listen to this junk. Go Glock
>>
>>34335588
Glocks are basically expensive throw away guns.
>>
>>34334034
>>34334239
Why don't you two just get a room and jerk each other off in private? In Brazil preferably.
>>
>>34334859
>I do agree with carrying hot, even though I do not. But in my opinion we need to assess OP's firearm familiarity before we advise carrying hot

Here's how I did it. I put a full mag in and a dummy round in the chamber the first day I carried just so I could get used to the wait and make sure I didn't do anything stupid that might set the gun off. Obviously I was fine. After that day I carried chambered every day. Took a while to get used to. Now I don't think about it. The main thing is to learn and practice the four rules. Always clear the chamber of any gun you pick up but don't plan on shooting.
>>
File: gJN0jbl.jpg (886KB, 1080x1447px) Image search: [Google]
gJN0jbl.jpg
886KB, 1080x1447px
>>34333909
Get a comfy holster
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>34333909
Get the trigger kit. The factory long pull trigger sucks.
>>
can someone explain to me why .380s are so popular considering everyone shits on 9mm for not punching big enough holes?

especially for carrying, i just dont get it.
i own and love my 9mm's but i went with a .40 for carry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.