[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VEPR BAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
So I'm assuming by now /k/ has heard the news about the vepr ban.

I'm making this thread to get a full understanding of exactly what this ban means

>What does this mean for those of us that still wish to buy one? Is there a deadline for when the ban officially starts?

>What does this mean for those of us that own one? Does that mean we can't sell them?

>or does the ban simply mean that they can no longer be imported into the country? Businesses that have some are free to sell what they have left in they're inventory
>>
8 threads and counting...
>>
They're banned from import, that's all.
Enjoy paying $1500+ for your decent tier AK47.
>>
Feels good being a leaf this mean I can sell this shit from Canada and make a killing?
>>
>>34332158
Why are they being banned?
>>
>>34332371
Because of politics.
>>
>>34332357
You can't get VEPRs in Canada.
>>
I thought Trump was supposed to make things better...
I'm a slav living in the US and I want my ak47 dammit.
>>
>>34332404
only retards think trump will remove the import bans.

trump is protectionistic as fuck, and banning good european guns helps shitty american manufacturers, aka muh jææbs
>>
>>34332383
You can get them semi auto if I remember correctly only the ak platform is banned
>>
File: 1498011616833.jpg (802KB, 848x848px)
1498011616833.jpg
802KB, 848x848px
>>34332417
maybe increased domestic competition will make them better

wishful thinking, huh?
>>
File: 1494943149299.png (538KB, 558x793px)
1494943149299.png
538KB, 558x793px
>>34332158
>want to get a Vepr-12
In cukifornia right now can't go back to my state for another 4 months
>prices will probably spiral way to high by then
>>
>>34332417
But what about the Republican majority in the House? That's gotta count towards something?
>>
>>34332429
The Vepr is literally a precise, accurized AK with a longer barrel. Same breakdown and everything.
>>
Import ban was effective immediately, so unless you find a shop that hasn't sold out you're fucked and will pay scalper prices from gunbroker/armslist.

Also the reason for the import ban is because Jon Mccain and other boomers in congress still think this is 1972 and we're in the cold war, and as such have decided to "hurt" Russia by banning shit that has to do with Putin and his Oligarchs.

Molot's already bankrupt though and this will likely expedite it's auctioning off to some oligarch so they can change the name of the company and shuffle the financial papers and start importing again.
>>
>>34332404
>>34332465
This wasn't trumps doing, it was congress.
>>
>>34332487
>Implying our gun laws make sense
>>
>>34332537
do you foresee any change in quality or pricing if that happens?
>>
>>34332371
They're import banned because Molot was being used as a front company for Kalashnikov Concern to start smuggling guns into Ukraine.
>>
>>34332442
More like less overall competition allows them to drop standards even lower.

>>34332576
Not that guy but definitely, they're gonna have to bank on their good name while lowering overall quality if they want to stay alive.
>>
>>34332706
I don't think they will, Molot will be auctioned off as 1 whole package, properties, machinery, debts etc.

It can't be piecemealed out because they still have government contracts.

There's a TFB article about it.
>>
File: 1265436611080.jpg (14KB, 341x401px)
1265436611080.jpg
14KB, 341x401px
>>34332158

>mfw bought a VEPR in x39 just last week

Holy shit that's some good timing. I'm pissed though, because I eventually wanted to make a wannabe SVD and now I can't.
>>
File: 54r.jpg (137KB, 1373x915px)
54r.jpg
137KB, 1373x915px
Here's my "SVD" Vepr in 54R. I've had it listed to sell for a few weeks, but I think I'm going to keep it now.
>>
>>34333337
nice digita. Pleas take that bipod off the barrel.

the weapon may be real but it looks strangely airshit somehow
>>
>>34334818

Probably just the bipod. It's a $20 piece of shit. I need to get an SVD "lookalike" bipod.
>>
I know I'll get some bullshit for this but I think this is good for people to build their own ak's

Sure, the vepr and saiga ak's are nice, but I'm on a group on Facebook that build their own ak's and post em. Get the tools and machines, get a parts kit and lower, and go to town.

You could build an ar 15 cheaper, sure. However, the feeling of pride to build your own ak without the help of dirty sand people or slavs would feel great. Or find a gun shop that builds ak.

Plus, you know that shit places like century or io haven't built it with laziness. YOU or someone you know built it, and can fix it without sending it in.
>>
>>34332487
It's closer to an RPK mate, all VEPRs have the reinforced receiver and are made at the Vyatskie Polyany factory (the factory that makes a decent share of Russia's RPKS). The various VEPRs are basically rechambered (for different sizes) and semi-auto RPKs.

>The Vepr
>The
Nevermind, you're retarded.
>>
>>34336430
What the fuck do you think an rpk is, tardy?
>>
gun store near me has a VEPR in 7.62x54R

should I buy it and resell it?
>>
>>34336820
>The VEPR is an AK!
>>Its design is actually closer to an RPK and is made at an RPK factory
>The RPK is an AK!
So something with distinct design differences and different intended use is the same thing as the original it's patterned after?

Ya could have just said it was an AK pattern mate, but you said it was "literally" an AK which is demonstrably false.

I'll admit calling you a retard was provocatory, but desu I didn't think anyone would be this attached to being wrong.
>>
>>34335256
>this is good because muh feeling of pride
yeah I bet you felt really proud of yourself when you took that BBC in one go without prior stretching
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.