[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My AR experience: The Polymer Hebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

>Gee Anon why don't you have an AR-15? They're practical, reliable, all-around good guns...and they only cost $450 for a working entry-level one!

Well, they're ugly as sin and look like plastic baby trash, but...

>WTF ANON YOU CAN SPEND A FEW MORE HUNDRED DOLLARS AND GET WOOD FURNITURE OR STEEL OR WHATEVER ARE YOU AN AUTIST!?

Fine, I'll get an AR and maybe save up to make it not hideous, let me just order this M&P...

>ROFLMAO ANON! A cheap AR!? Fucking poorfag! Get that entry-level shit out of here, come back when you've spent thousands on pointless accessories, gucci shit, optics that cost more than a crate of milsurp, and matching tactical operator clothes!
>oh, also, don't try shooting through brush unless you pay more to chamber in a meatier caliber

So which is it? Is the AR an affordable rifle, or a tactical toy for rich NEETs only? Does this thing have any saving graces or is its omnipresence on every wall of every gun store in the USA the cancer killing firearms?

I want to like the AR, by the way, I really do.
>>
buying an AR is like buying a PC
>>
>>34327979
>Buying a jam-o-matic that fires rounds specifically designed to wound.

LMAOing @ your life
>>
>>34327991
No matter what you do, some autistic nerd is gonna say you did it wrong.
>>
>>34327979
>falling for the AR meme
you did this to yourself. idiots don't recognize bullshit ironic shitposting when they see it and take it seriously, then actually spend money on said shitposting. sad
>>
>>34327992
Look at this poor guy who can't own a gun
>>
>>34328017

How is the AR a meme?

>>34327992

Fuck off you fucking shitfuck fudd fuck you fuck your mother and fuck the horse you rode in on you cousinfucking fuck-fuck-goose fuck.
>>
>>34327979
>Is the AR an affordable rifle, or a tactical toy for rich NEETs only?

how about "all of the above". build your AR and stop listening to opinions.
>>
>>34328086
Look guys, I think the assblasted ARfag is trying to tell us something.
>>
>>34327979
stop being an autistic bitch and build an AR that fits your budget/wants
>>
>>34327992
>nogunz bantz
>>
The good thing about AR-15 is that it looks like a toy so you could open carry it in Europe and everyone would think that its airsoft.
>>
Buy or build an AR and make it the way you want. At the end of the day its your rifle, not /k/'s.
>>
>>34327979
http://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-w-25-gift-card-prod81838.aspx

here, this rifle does everything you'll ever need and you don't need to waste money on furniture you don't like. AP is good shit.
>>
>>34327979
Listening to /arg/ is like listening to your alcoholic friend. No, it's not bad to drink, and you can do so with moderation at varying costs, but when he's telling you you need to chug this whole bottle of fifty-year aged Scotch right now to get the party going with him, maybe don't listen.
>>
>>34327979
stop listening to /ARG/ you retard
>>
AKG has a really great pastebin detailing what AK's to buy in what price ranges and what not to, but I can't find one in any ARG.

I was thinking STAG Arms or an M&P Sport I rented and enjoyed

I only have fudd guns. A .270, 12 ga, 20 ga, and two .22's. All of my googling leads to websites shilling

Pls help
>>
File: baitlowquality.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
baitlowquality.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>34327992
>>
File: 1455598027642.jpg (22KB, 482x290px) Image search: [Google]
1455598027642.jpg
22KB, 482x290px
>>34328005
I probably did it wrong but I don't care. All they will see is a C70 case anyway.
>>
>>34329498
Gee is hard to get a cheap high quality AK these days not made by some shed builders that want to make a quick buck.
>>
>>34329848
Either is fine. You could probably build a slightly better gun for the same price or a slightly cheaper gun of supposedly the same quality but that really doesnt matter. You dont want to do the research and really shouldnt listen to tripfag general.
>>
>>34329922
Yeah I don't like the tripfags, I just need something I can rely on for when SHTF

Thanks, any other suggestions?
>>
>>34329848
There are different tiers....instead of looking at specific brands look for specific features/requirements and then see who checks the most boxes at what pricepoints.

So look for specific chambering/feedramps/mpi/ht/bcg design/twist/fcg/etc etc

What do you want it to do? Look at the projectile options themselves and figure out what barrel length you want for example why buy a 22 inch barrel if you want it for close range hd type shit? so you are prolly going to end up with a 16 inch barrel....but maybe you don't mind a pinned muzzle device so you go even shorter say a 14.5. or maybe you want it to be an intermediate barrel length so lets say 18 or 20 inch but then you notice that the difference in muzzle velocity between lengths is so minimal that now you decide that a 16 inch is still good for your application.

etc etc etc...figure out what you want the rifle for and it will tell you how it should be built

It's not rocket science just take your time and figure out what YOU actually WANT and then find it at a price you like. I would start simpler and understand that there is a reason why guys tend to end up with multiple relatively similar rifles that all perform different specific tasks. Be prepared to make decisions and then go from there.
>>
>>34330009
Fuck, I don't deserve an answer this thorough

Thank you so much
>>
File: 1496824519745.jpg (33KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
1496824519745.jpg
33KB, 750x498px
>>34330025
No worries and no thanks required. It's actually fun going through all the options. Just take your time and figure out what you really want the tool to accomplish. Then specific features will become apparent. Good luck anon, have fun with it. You have the whole interwebs at your disposal.
>>
>>34330060
God bless you
>>
>>34330085
To get you started:

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/ar-15-buyers-guide-how-to-choose-your-first-ar-15/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.