[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASVAB help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: mk19-mod3.jpg (191KB, 758x451px) Image search: [Google]
mk19-mod3.jpg
191KB, 758x451px
anyone have study tips to get a good GT score on the asvab? I'm trying to go 152h (pic unrelated)
>>
Literally just pass highschool. I don't mean dredge through it subsiding on extra credit and pity grades but actually lean how to do the things you were supposed to learn in highschool. If you can manage that then you'll easily get 90+ on a bad day.
>>
File: 02MonitorLizard01.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
02MonitorLizard01.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
>>34326720
oh it's seriously that easy? I was worrying over it, like a lot. I'll study to make sure but knowing that really does put me at ease.
>>
Just don't be retarded
>>
>>34326734
I did my ASVAB two or three years after highschool without any extrra schooling and got a 95 or 98 or something. It's really easy. Understand the the ASVAB is a percentile score where you're ranked against others and most people who join the military are retarded.
>>
>>34326812
wait so I'm a tad confused, I need a high GT so far as I know, do I actually need a 110 total score or am I just not getting this at all (either way shouldn't be a problem, i did well in school and always have tested well)
>>
>>34326870
Your available jobs are a combination of your smaller subscores in different categories of the ASVAB where as the overall rating is a percentile ranking you against others that may or may not determine your jobs. Just getting high in arithmetic or word comprehension won't guarantee you a specific job, it just means you're qualified but your overall score will determine if you get in or if someone with a higher score gets in instead of you.
Or at least that's what I recall from my experience. Thing is I joined the Navy which allows me to chose my job from any I'm qualified for. I'll tell you this though, if you do the highschool learning thing then you'll score high in all categories guaranteed. It's all simple shit like 10th grade math and following directions.
>>
File: 1486321177513.jpg (86KB, 354x490px) Image search: [Google]
1486321177513.jpg
86KB, 354x490px
>Go to ASVAB hungover malnourished and dehydrated
>Wizz through it
>123 GT Score

Fuck dude I don't know, maybe don't be retarded. Can't fix stupid you know.
>>
>>34327018
>ASVAB got offered in high school
>fuck yeah dude, a whole day off school!
>but fuck Geroge Bush and his imperialist military, I'll never be a slave to big oil (this was in 2006)
>show up to the test drunk as fuck and stoned
>still got a 77

>I ended up joining two years later because being a starving artist sounds a lot better in the movies than it is in real life...
>>
>>34326734

You'll do fine, dude. I was a highschool dropout that faked his way to a diploma from an online HS and passed with an 88.
>>
>>34327275
I would fucking kill to be in your shoes. I was born in 92 and I didnt join until I was 21 because my parents talked me into college through pressure. I missed out on all the kinetic deployments.
>>
>>34327291
>>34327275
>>34327018
wow I really can't fuck this up huh. welp that makes me a very happy applicant.
>>
>>34327334
Also born in 92 and fell for the college meme. At least you realized it at 21; I'm almost 25 and I'm just now starting the process of enlisting. Don't worry though because there's bound to be some major shit happening in the next 5 years or so. Instead of 60 year old goatherders we'll probably be fighting a much more competent enemy, and then you won't regret missing out on a real combat deployment
>>
>>34326696
If you need help on the asvab you're intellectually subnormal.
>>
>>34326696
Just take it dood, I got a 98 on it and I'm practically retarded.
>>
>>34326696
Don't eat lead paint chips before you go.
>>
>>34326696
>ASVAB help?
Not being retarded would help but considering that you came to a weebtacular weapons board for this kind of advice you might be boned.
>>
>>34326696
>asvab?

public libraries have lots of practice test books

do it
>>
>>34330612
But what if he wants to qualify for Marine OCS?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 238x192px
>>34326696
I was a D average student in hs, still got an 87 on the asvab.
>>
>>34332128
this right here.
same advice: just do it.
makes all the difference on what's available when you enlist.
>>
I'm in the muhreens and I have a 145 GT. Now I drive bulldozers. You should be fine. Hope you actually get the job you picked!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.