[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Legion worth the money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: P229-Legion-stats.jpg (747KB, 1200x657px) Image search: [Google]
P229-Legion-stats.jpg
747KB, 1200x657px
Is the Legion worth the money?
>>
It is if you plan on getting a P229 that is upgraded. Judging from your pic, you probably watched LG's video on it so you know the answer already.
>>
>>34324514
the arex beat it, so no
>>
File: 1471517174426.jpg (307KB, 1500x1293px) Image search: [Google]
1471517174426.jpg
307KB, 1500x1293px
>>34324534
>the arex beat it, so no

>manual safety
>unproven, unlike the Sig P226/P229 which is issued to a multitude of LE agencies, military units worldwide and the 226 passed SOCOM's handgun test

Sigs have been used and proven for decades. The Arex isn't shit compared to it and just because it passed a stupid mud test, doesn't mean it's better. Go away nerd.
>>
>>34324555
so much salt means you know im right but you still cant help being sexually attracted to boat anchors
>>
>>34324555
>what is agencies striking a deal and getting good prices on a handgun regardless of performance

sold mine after having a few hang ups on reliability. ended up using that money to help buy a scar 17 and a glock 19
>>
File: sigfaggotry.jpg (804KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
sigfaggotry.jpg
804KB, 3000x2250px
>>34324514
Not really. Unless you get the bronze version of course.

>>34324555
if it wasn't Sig making the P229 I might agree. It's always sad when a clone starts outperforming the original but it happens.
>>
File: IMG_0632.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34324514
I like mine
>>
>>34324514
Are you trying to look hypergucci? If so, then yes.
Are you trying to get the best fighting pistol you can? If so, then no.
>>
>>34326931
What is the best fighting pistol?
Do "fighting"pistols exist outside John Wick?
>>
>>34324514
Casca says yes.
>>
>>34327010
>What is the best fighting pistol?
I might have mis-spoke there. Best SIDE-ARM is what I meant to say. As for best, I'd probably say a Glock 17 even though I don't like glocks. Not to say the Sig is a bad gun, but I'd take the glock since it's lighter, smaller, simpler, and is easily modified.
>>
>>34327079
Well put. And I agree although I'd love to be just as proficient with a DA/SA pistol like the sig. the striker fired glocks are easier to learn.
>>
>>34324514
No
Maybe if it was made in germany it would be worth it
Even the regular 226 isnt worth the price
It amazes me how Sigs still cost the same as H&Ks despite not being imported and their quality getting worse
I still think they are great guns but they cost way too much for the quality you get from Exeter
>>
File: 1473203047154.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473203047154.png
50KB, 500x500px
>>34324514
easily no
its not a 9mm pistol worth $1200
i mean it doesn't shoot $700 better than a Glock and feels weird in my hand.
it also doesn't shoot $400 better than a USP which is already too expensive by 4chan standards.
>>
>>34327296
But it does, boyo
>>
>>34327401
Nope
I occasionally rent one so my friends who are new to guns can see how much better my USP is
I tell them that Sigs are still great, but not new ones from Exeter at msrp
>>
>>34327436
I have a USP 45 and a legion, my friend has a USP 9, and we both agree that the sig has nicer trigger and better controls than the USP
>>
>>34324534
>the arex beat it, so no
>>34324586
>so much salt means you know im right
>>34325410
>It's always sad when a clone starts outperforming the original but it happens.
I just came into a small inheritance and I'm thinking about buying an Arex specifically so I can lend it to Ian, so he can do his mud test with it on InRangeTV and show all of the MAC's fanbois that you can make practically any handgun fail if you throw it into mud.

There is nothing inherently more mudproof about the Arex's design that explains why the one sample that Tim tested didn't fail as much as his one Sig sample did. It is literally a Sig derivative, so it will be susceptible to all of the same ingress points for mud as the Sig is. I mean, if you want to argue that a Sig is less mudproof than the HK USP, that's one thing and we can talk about why that might or might not be. But the fucking Arex is practically the same gun. It should be obvious to you that something is fishy about Tim's mud test videos.

>>34325155
>sold mine after having a few hang ups on reliability.
I am not huge Sig fan, but the reason a Sig P-series will often "start becoming unreliable," usually after around 3000-5000 rounds is because the recoil spring is worn out. Sigs are unique among handguns in that the gun will malfunction, usually with FTEs and stovepiping, when the recoil spring is weakened. Source: I've owned several surplus Sigs and the initial malfunctioning from when I first got them was solved after replacing the recoil spring. There was nothing broken about your gun, though. You could have spent $4 on a recoil spring, installed it in 5 seconds and it would almost certainly have been running 100% again.
>>
>>34327902
he tested both the 226, the legion and the arex. the legion and standard 226 failed, the arex passed. Prehaps if he tested an east german sig it would pass, but the quality of those days is long over
>>
File: mac iwi paid shill.png (173KB, 586x448px) Image search: [Google]
mac iwi paid shill.png
173KB, 586x448px
>>34327948
I wonder how many takes he did of each video before he got the results he wanted. Have you ever noticed that he never says a bad thing about a gun if the manufacturer has given him "free" trips overseas or a factory tour, but he always, somehow, manages to get the most reliable guns to malfunction on camera if they coincidentally have never given him gifts?

He claims that no gun company has "paid him a penny" to promote their guns, but he never said that he hasn't received free stuff from them. He even made videos about these trips and behind the scenes tours. It's also worth noting that he runs a gun store where he sells these guns too. Certain guns have bigger profit margins than others, as anyone who has ever worked in retail sales knows... All I'm saying is consider the source. Under the right (or wrong) circumstances, it's possible to make ANY gun fail if you are determined to make it fail.
>>
>>34328011
>fires off 1000 rounds in continuous take without failure
>faking the results
youre so salty sig sucks now that its american
>>
>>34328061
>>fires off 1000 rounds in continuous take without failure
The fact that you even mention this "test" as some sort of proof of anything shows me your low level of gun knowledge. Firing 1000 rounds without failure is a laughably easy feat and any handgun of at least Ruger quality WILL be able to do this. The Arex is marketed as a mid tier imported pistol, so if it couldn't do this, then there would be a serious problem.

If you think that Tim is being completely transparent and honest, then why his results: https://youtu.be/MYUz5jahjFs?t=7m52s different from these results: https://youtu.be/RNw179rHxkQ?t=1m15s (both videos are queued up to the relevant timestamps, btw). Just looking at some of Tim's videos purporting to show a gun's "reliability," he never bothers to explain why his methodology is at all relevant to the real world, and the water step in his new torture test videos is highly suspect to me. This gives him a chance to wash off a gun to whatever degree he likes. It's a sleight of hand most people probably don't notice, but the more vigorously you swish a dirty gun in water, obviously the more clean it's going to get and vice-versa.
>>
>>34324514
No, you can get the same trigger on the standard p226/p229 with aftermarket parts worth ~$100 and some polishing work with a fine grit whetstone. You can even replace the controls with lower profile ones to match the legion.

You're basically just paying for a beavertail, the logo, and a coin.
And if you really want the beavertail you can buy an enhanced elite.
>>
>>34328206
>No, you can get the same trigger on the standard p226/p229 with aftermarket parts worth ~$100 and some polishing work with a fine grit whetstone. You can even replace the controls with lower profile ones to match the legion.
>
>You're basically just paying for a beavertail, the logo, and a coin.

I've had it explained to me on Sig forums and I checked it out myself at the time, although I didn't save the information, but there is no way to buy a new Sig and buy the aftermarket trigger parts that are in the Legions and end up paying any less. If you want the specific trigger parts they have in them, you might as well buy the Legion, since you get upgraded sights and a cool gray paint job.
>>
>>34328180
if its so easy, than why can the arex pass, but both sigs fail? because he swishes one a little differently in water is a rather weak excuse
>>
>>34328235
You don't need the same exact parts to get the same smooth/light trigger pull

https://grayguns.com/product/p-series-precision-adjustable-intermediate-trigger/
$63
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/567973/sig-sauer-short-reset-trigger-kit-sig-sauer-p226-p227-p229
$45
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415118865/wolff-hammer-spring-sig-sauer-p220-p225-p226-p228-p229-models-with-polymer-hammer-spring-base-retainer-17-lb-reduced-power
$4

The polishing job may vary with your own degree of skill.
Also the sig forums bitch about the legion finish sucking ass.
>>
>>34328280
1) You'd be surprised how easily even a seemingly scientific test can be manipulated by someone who knows more about the subject than you (or I) do.
2) You should always be skeptical of someone who claims to be showing you something amazing. Men have credibly (to the audience) made the Statue of Liberty "disappear" before, too.
3) Serious question, what do you think it means that the Sig failed but Glock passed Tim's test, but the Glock failed Ian's test? Can you articulate what you learned from such tests and how that will better inform your life? If you can't articulate something useful and interesting, then how do you argue the relevancy, also called scientific validity, of a mud test?
>>
Buy the SIG, join the LEGION. This is your call to arms.
>>
>>34328389
Once you join the LEGION(tm), purchase quality LEGION(tm) good available only to members of the LEGION(tm)
>>
>>34328403
>tfw the Streamlight isn't LEGION only but the SUREFIRE is
>>
>>34328360
>sigfags actually believe this
face it, the company you support that tricked you into buying their garbage doesnt deserve your loyalty. They tricked you, admit it, learn from your mistake and move on.
>>
>>34328419
>>sigfags actually believe this
Instead of greentexting buzzwords, try responding to what I actually wrote next time. I asked you a question, you sillyfuck. I didn't make any claims about what I or "Sigfags" might or might not "actually believe."
>>
>>34328433
because your spouting literal shit trying to save face because you got tricked into overpaying for a heap of garbage that gets beat by a knockoff half its price
>>
>>34328433
SIG's marketing tells you exactly the type of ''people'' they think buys their stuff.
>>
>>34328360

Legitimate points with well thought-out arguments and a reasonable if a bit biased conclusion.

>>34328419
>>34328456
>>34328460

Lol Sig fag shill!

Summer has definitely started.
>>
File: 1490603720365.gif (654KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490603720365.gif
654KB, 500x200px
>>34328541
>i lost the argument
>better call them summerfags
>>
>>34328541
Nigger, I ain't even arguing with you. I'm telling you if you buy some LEGION pistol you're a gigantic faggot and should kys yourself
>>
>>34328456
>>34328460
Re-read: >>34328433
>Instead of greentexting buzzwords, try responding to what I actually wrote next time. I asked you a question, you sillyfuck.
I'll check the thread periodically to see if you have calmed down enough to have any kind of a conversation. I've been on 4chan for about 10 years now. There's no amount of spouting off buzzwords that you can do that I haven't seen a million times before and your level of trolling is not even at the level where it's fun to play along with you. Good luck in your time here. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other gullible newshits like yourself who will respond to your efforts more favorably. I suggest you spend more time on /b/ and less time on /k/.
>>
File: 1490023151155.gif (485KB, 500x188px) Image search: [Google]
1490023151155.gif
485KB, 500x188px
>>34328607
>calling them summer fags didnt work better use appeals to superiority
youre an embarrassment
>>
>>34328561
>>34328637

Not this guy faggot. >>34328360

Believe it or not there's people other than him on this board.

>Hurr Durr I can't into IP count and was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>34328753
?
>>
>>34328637
>>34328561
The sad thing is that you're totally unaware of how NO ONE ELSE on /k/ uses these twitter tier gif reaction images of Hollywood sluts, and then you bristle when people call you out for the newfaggotry in the content of your post. You should really thank me and the other guy who is talking to you for taking the time out of our night to set your shit straight for you.
>>
File: 149044156631.gif (976KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
149044156631.gif
976KB, 500x245px
>>34328863
how many points did your recruiter have to add to you asvab to meet the minimum?

(btw ive been on /k/ since before you learned aks dont fire the same round as m14s)
>>
>>34327902
They're machines, why wouldn't they fail when you dump enough mud in them? Those tests are retarded. My point was that the quality of current production Sigs is inferior to what it was years ago. There are several clones of firearms like CZ's, Berettas, or Walthers that have better standards than the current versions of those models but don't have the name brand prices to go with it. I don't think the new Legion is really worth its asking price.
>>
>>34327948
>he tested both the 226, the legion and the arex. the legion and standard 226 failed, the arex passed.
He tested the Arex first, and didn't bother changing the soil he was using, so naturally when he started his Sig test, the various soil he was using was already quite muddy, as opposed to the Arex basically being tested with dried stuff.

MAC tried to make the test as similar as possible, but he failed in that regard.
>>
File: IMG_2637.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2637.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ab-so-fucking-lutely.

Threw a silencerco threaded barrel and a flat trigger on mine and it's gold. Just waiting for my stamp to go through
>>
File: IMG_2636.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2636.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34330088
oops sorry blurry pic

Here's a picture with my poorfag AR with a stupid optic on it that I got for free.
>>
All these people shitflinging about the Legion and arguing that you can buy all of its upgrades, one you cannot is the groove underneath the trigger guard that is not offered in any of the non-legion pistols.
>>
>>34324514
No. Get a Glock.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.