[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aurora doesn't ex-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1488779732412.jpg (50KB, 696x647px) Image search: [Google]
1488779732412.jpg
50KB, 696x647px
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a26796/hypersonic-sr-72-aircraft/
>>
>>34319427
That design feels less Lockmart and more Northrop
>>
>>34319427

It's been so long since the SR71 that we should already be spreading rumors about what is replacing the Aurora itself.
>>
File: 1482028090910.png (520KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482028090910.png
520KB, 408x600px
the "aurora" meme needs to die. theres no need for a super sonic spy plane anymore when we have satalites swinging around the earth.

they can take a pic of your dick through your house and get updates ever 14 min 24/7 why would there ever need to be a plane involved anymore?

kill yourself
>>
File: Spaceplane.jpg (174KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceplane.jpg
174KB, 800x539px
>>34319702
what is war with a first world nation
what are the first targets in a war with a first world nation
what are spaceplanes with extended flight times to replace destroyed satellites
>>
>>34319427
>Popular mechanics
>Reality
Pick one and only one
>>
>>34319760
who the fuck needs space planes when the F-35 already has plans to use anti-satellite missiles?
>>
>>34319855
what is replacing broken satellites in the short term because you don't have any launch vehicles at all, and the private sector and Russians are the only ones equipped to send shit to space?
>>
>>34319855
>anti-satellite missiles?
if you start shooting satellites it's going to result in other sats going down from debris. Someone lobbing missiles to kill GPS sats? yeah there's going to be tons of collateral damage.
>>
>>34319427
>only mach 6
>>
>>34320445
So you're saying war has unintended collateral damage to non-combatant targets? Really makes me think.
In reality, orbits are so far apart and satellites are so small that it is unlikely they'll hit each other.
>>
>>34320445
>i get my science from hollywood
>>
>>34319878
>because you don't have any launch vehicles at all
Airforce has plenty.

Don't confuse the public sector with the military.
>>
>>34320445
GPS Sattelites are all in MEO.

There is thousands of kilometers of space between satellites out that far.

It'd only really be LEO where excessive debris would be a major problem, because LEO is crowded.
>>
>>34319538

This. Aurora was manned. The newest isn't.
>>
>>34320445
they should shoot a big net at the satellites
>>
>>34320882
satellites? yes, very unlikely
debris clouds? it's already a pain in the ass to handle the limited amount of debris currently present in orbit, imagine if someone started to blow up satellites. things would go to shit really fast and earth's orbit would become unusable for years
>>
>>34319878
?????

The USAF sends up more shit than anybody, with their own launch vehicles.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.