[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radium sights instead of tritium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (54KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 660x440px
Why aren't radium sights instead of tritium? Radium is cheaper and would last basically forever(the lenses would be damaged over time but the actual radioactive glow would stay the same).
How can I get my hands on some radium to make some radium sights and a radium based acog like scope?
>>
>>34319351
>Radium is cheaper and would last basically forever

because if you own a multi million dollar company you definitely want a product you make to last 5 ever right?

also probably regulations to radioactive material
>>
cancer
>>
>>34319351
while the radium may last forever the phosphor they use to turn radiation into visible light doesn't, so in the end you'll have a radioactive gun that doesn't even glow.
>>
File: 1472138174914.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472138174914.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>trying to answer a problem that doesn't exist
>>
>>34319425
who's this classy dame?
>>
Radium is nasty shit. That's why. It WAS used in the past. Thankfully the Greys don't let us use that technology anymore.
>>
>>34319351
I use hydrogen with glass made of flint so if I'm ever in some deep shit I can just throw the gun on the ground and turn it into a small bomb
>>
File: 1489654246539.jpg (75KB, 400x671px) Image search: [Google]
1489654246539.jpg
75KB, 400x671px
>>34319442
>(((Greys)))
>>
>>34319479
Filthy lying faggot.
>>
>>34319442
Radium was used in a time when radiology was poorly understood. It would be the equivalent of playing with invisible fire. In reality, Uranium, Plutonium, Tritium and all those are equally awful to digest or apply to your skin (as they once were)--some worse than others.

>>34319389
You could just apply new phosphorescents. Radium is harder for the layman to come by. Phosphorescent paint is not.
>>
>>34319505
They were banned after eisenhower met with them. all the world's radium is now given to Greys. They need it for something they're working on.
>>
>>34319518
It's the Greys though.
>>
>>34319351
Any cons for EDC next to your liver with tritium sights?
>>
>>34319536
>>34319442
>>34319505
>>34319527
Quick rundown on The Greys?
>>
>>34321460
they find you if you have radium sights and they probe your dick.
>>
Radium degrades the phosphorluminescent dye over time, but tritium does not. Radium's gamma radiation penetrates your skin, tritium's beta radiation does not. Radium is highly bioavailable (if ingested, it acts like calcium and can bind in your body), but tritium, aka hydrogen, has low bioavailability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium#Luminescent_paint
>>
>>34321816
Pretty much this.

Radium emits a wide variety of high-energy or otherwise damaging particles over the course of its decay chain. Tritium only emits low energy beta particles that struggle to penetrate 10 cm of air. It's a lot safer.
>>
>>34321460
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>34321190
Literally none.
A single shot of alcohol would do more liver damage than glowy sights ever could.
>>
>>34319351
>How can I get my hands on some radium to make some radium sights

smoke alarm bad idea imo but show results if you must
>>
>>34324701
decays into radon gas
>>
How to create tritium sight?
Bls halp
>>
File: radhaz.png (843KB, 1584x1980px) Image search: [Google]
radhaz.png
843KB, 1584x1980px
>>34319518
>>34321190

tritium is one of the safest types of radioactive materials to deal with. There are only certain scenarios where it can be very bad (like smoking it)

>>34324820
if you are in the USA, it is very paperwork intensive, you need to send a proposal to the Nuclear regulatory commision, along iwth technical specifications of your product, you can buy tritium vials for like 30$ a piece off amazon, but better to just buy some IMO, since you are exempt from any regulations since trijicon or meprolite hold licenses for import/export and use of radioactive materials
>>
>>34319431

l2 image search

Click the arrow by the post number -> image search

Marisa Tomei
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.