[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reticles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: PA-ACSS-reticle4.png (350KB, 1061x691px) Image search: [Google]
PA-ACSS-reticle4.png
350KB, 1061x691px
What is the best reticle, and why is it the ACSS BDC?

No, really. Looking for a new optic for my AR and I have astigmatism like a motherfucker so I'm not looking for red dots. Is this my best bet?
>>
>>34318646
Depends on what you're doing I suppose?
>>
File: ballistic_cqreticle_dia.jpg (23KB, 423x252px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic_cqreticle_dia.jpg
23KB, 423x252px
>>34318646
>>
>>34318646
>5'10" average height

When will they learn?
>>
>>34318646
>y is the only reticle I've heard about the best so I don't get confused with different options

Get irons you physically won't be able to see past 200 with the stigs regardless
>>
>>34320320
This one is literally the worst. I have an MTAC and that thick ass ring obscures everything and does nothing but get in the way.

I've personally moved away from circle dots and horseshoes to fine crosshairs. Fine illuminated center dot and BDC or mil subtensions are bonuses depending on what I'm using the scope for. The cross lines and venter illumination do a fine job of drawing the eye to the center without blocking a bunch of shit the way thick circles and horseshoes do.

Vortex Razor and Viper 2 JM1 and VMR-2 are good examples.
>>
>>34321650
You clearly do not understand how astigmatism works.
I've hit little Ivans at 500 meters with my issued Aimpoint.
>The dot looked like Saturn, though
>>
>>34318646
Messy shit. Just give me a decent mil dot or a single fine crosshair or post. This clustered up shit is annoying.
>>
>>34323982
>I've hit little Ivans at 500 meters with my issued Aimpoint.

Sure. Sub moa shooting with an aiming point larger than the target.

If you did so it was blind luck. But you did not.
>>
>>34324146
Sorry you suck.
>>
>>34320369
>when you're short so they range you too far away and shoot harmlessly overhead
>>
>>34318646
Not a big fan of BDCs. They're never right, so you end up still having to memorize specific impact points for your given load.

I'd rather take something crisp like the MOAR or SM1.
>>
>>34318646
Get a PRISM sight/scope because of your astigmatism. Stick with Vortex/Primary arms, I have a PA 3x ACSS and it works great on the AR platform. Get whatever sight style you like.
>>
>>34324163
Enlighten us how to consistently hit a target when the aiming point of your reticle is larger than that target and you literally can't see any part of what you're aiming at.

At best you're covering the target with the reticle and hoping you hit.
>>
File: 1262666123919.jpg (52KB, 572x620px) Image search: [Google]
1262666123919.jpg
52KB, 572x620px
>>34318646
>astigmatism
denerate mutants should not be allowed to live, not to mention handle firearms.
>>
>>34324222
Iron sights must just drive you nuts.
However, since you asked, I will give you the answer.
First, I didn't say "consistently". I had about a 50/50 split. Not bad for a CCO on a breezy day, but not great. I would much rather have an ACOG at that range.
Second, holdover, my guy. About 1/2 an Ivan, and watching the dust carefully to gauge the wind.

I am not claiming it was easy, nor am I saying that an unmagnified optic is the best tool for such a job. I am saying it is doable.
>>34324277
Night of broken glasses when?
>>
>Horseshoe anything
>best reticle
Nice joke OP.
>>
>>34324532
>Iron sights must just drive you nuts.

So you don't know how to use those either....and were not taught to shoot a six o clock hold with iron sights.

Long range bullshit from you anon.
>>
>>34324532
5.56 round is usually traveling about 1,200 fps at 500 yards. About on par with a .22 lr round at 100 yards.
>>
File: 1492112505734.jpg (375KB, 1274x830px) Image search: [Google]
1492112505734.jpg
375KB, 1274x830px
>>34322470
>>
>>34324566
So you understand classic target shooting sight pictures, but can't comprehend stretching a red Dot's legs. Ok.
>>
>>34324532
But m192 drop at 500 yards is nearly 5 feet at the zero is at 25 meters so you are holding a 4moa four or five inches with at that distance a 2o inch dot

No wind or incline to add to the tale, one handed, offhand....?

Please continue?
>>
>>34324615
four foot holdover on a 20 inch dot at 500 with 50 inch drop yards with no magnification = blind luck or lies
>>
>>34324615
And this was in full gear in the heat was it?
>>
>>34324663
M855 drops around ten feet from muzzle at 500.
>>34324699
M68 has a 2 moa dot, and prone.
Anyway, think what you want. You can reach out with a dot, but it is not easy.
To get back to the point of the thread, BDCs on red dots are nice, I guess, but if you are at a range to use them, you are at a range where a magnified optic would be a better choice. Overall, I think that low-magnification optics with a fairly simple BDC is the best choice for a multipurpose rifle. It seems that the DoD agrees, but then the military has a somewhat checkered history when it comes to making decisions about small arms.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.