[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conflict Adventurism/Volunteerism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: DCH-MbcXoAAices.jpg (124KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DCH-MbcXoAAices.jpg
124KB, 1200x800px
Has anyone on /k/ ever thought to volunteer in conflicts that may or may not involve their own governments?

I know there are many cases today of people going to fight ISIS. How do you keep from being prosecuted for your actions over in conflict areas?

It seemed in the past that it was a thing that men did. Famous examples included: George Orwell fighting in the Spanish Civil War. Hemingway volunteered for the red cross in WWI. People formed their own regiments to fight in the Spanish-American War like Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders.
>>
Was planning on joining the IDF as a chayal boded, but then they had a war with Lebanon, and the agency responsible said "we're at war, fuck off"
>>
>>34318206

Shit, I'd sign up with the IDF in a heartbeat if they took gentiles and could guarantee me a position in an armored unit. Crewing a Merkava sounds comfy.
>>
>>34318104
I wish I could have fought in the Emu War.
>>
>>34318447
On which side?
>>
>>34318490
The Emus, of course.
>>
>>34318490
>>34318500
only if I can ride them into battle
>>
>>34318104
Someone posted pictures of themselves in Syria fighting with Kurds.
>>
>>34318104
I mean like maybe 30% of the people on /k/ id probably start shooting in a riot

>there was a local chimpout
>sat in upstairs of house in a bedroom that has 180 view of front yard and 180 view of backyard
>loaded up shotgun and 3006 boltgun
>nothing happened
>>
>>34318104
>Has anyone on /k/ ever thought to volunteer in conflicts that may or may not involve their own governments?

There might be one or two tards on this board who might have a life span of more than 10 seconds in a combat scenario. Then they would die 20 seconds later.

Playing video games is not the same as real world training.
>>
>>34318104
there was...dunno if it is still on there..a documentary about a guy who went to fight with the libyan rebels..he was captured for a bit and was on the news. but yeah it does happen, i cant remember the name of the documentary though. in ww2 a lot of foreign pilots fought for england for example..theres a book called The Few by Alex Kershaw about americans that flew for the RAF in 1940/1941
>>
>>34318746

A 5.56 is a .22. Dipshit.
>>
>>34318104
Yes. However doing so is very tricky. Mercenaries are outright illegal on an international level. Joining an actual country's military revoked your home country citizenship. Providing weapons or military training to foreigners overseas is illegal in the US without cents from the State Department.

The least complicates route is to get your EMT- B certificate and join a volunteer medical group in a warzone. But there are obvious risks that your medical unit could be overrun.
>>
File: joustguy_large.jpg (760KB, 2000x1974px) Image search: [Google]
joustguy_large.jpg
760KB, 2000x1974px
>>34318548
>>
File: trump ypg.jpg (180KB, 1080x896px) Image search: [Google]
trump ypg.jpg
180KB, 1080x896px
That's the Japanese dude fighting with the Kurds, right?

Honestly, if you're bored of everyday life, and you want to see some excitement while fighting a good fight, why not. Fighting against ISIS is exciting and it's a good cause. Join whatever side you feel like joining, I guess.
>>
There was a /k/ guy who I believe uses a Salesman trip who went to Syria on the first year of conflict to get some old german guns. I believe he went to the rebels and wasn't heard from again. Except for his motorbike.
>>
>>34318963
>Good cause

yep, fighting the good fight of destabilizing the middle east funded by israel and america, for some shitskin commies who want a marxist state
>>
>>34319525
I dont believe in anything, im just here for the violence
>>
>>34318104
there have been like a dozen /k/ommandos who have posted about their trips to fight alongside the kurds. there are at least two there right now.
>>
>>34319525
yeah man! this guy listened to his professors man! and oil and big business man!!
>>
>>34319816
I can't find the wikihow on fighting with the Kurds
>>
>>34318675
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwkyKS3dng
>>
>>34318104
Fuck, am I too late to join a side as of now?
>>
>>34319891
This

How do I do this
>>
>>34319920
>How do I do this
The YPG posted an "How to" on that. But they limited it to people with prior military experience.
They killed the program now because they had more than enough people.
You had to fly to Erbil, go to the police station, then they would take you to the gun market to buy a gun and train you and feed you.

>>34318104
>How do you keep from being prosecuted for your actions over in conflict areas?
There was a Portuguese guy that deserted the Air Force to go there. He died, they sent the body here and that was that. No honors, no nothing, just a lot of people at the funeral.

If he had returned alive he would have been convicted for desertion.
>>
>>34320015
Pretty sure that was about Peshmerga.

>>34319920
Find fellow countrymen that have joined an organization fighting the Islamic State and hope that they can help you. Bonus is if you can find a friend who is a kurd.
>>
>>34318104
>People formed their own regiments to fight in the Spanish-American War like Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders.

Teddy Roosevelt did that in a time when America had a tiny standing army and had to rely on state volunteer armies formed from state musters and private militias during wartime. This was because old America had a pathological fear of standing armies and thought a "free society" should just rely on citizen soldiers comprised of militia.

So it wasn't adventurism: it was pretty much duty.

Hell during the start of the civil war, you had privately raised troops organized around neighborhoods and townships pooling money to buy weapons, uniforms, and supplies, rich gentlemens patriotic clubs, or CEOs and their employees forming up their own troops. The result of this was the volunteer militias in state musters wore a mishmash of uniforms, often inspired from European units because it was the "tacticool" of the time.
>>
>>34320161
Zouave is Suave
>>
>>34318231
Just cut off part of your pp and you too can IDF
>>
>>34319525
I'm no Marxists, but I do believe the kurds deserve their own state. Step one in unfucking the middle east is getting rid of the arbitrary post-colonial states and letting the people actually have some fucking self determination.
>>
>>34318659
What about you anon?
>>
>>34318447
There's a new war coming, buddy. Australia's going to war against wild cats who are destroying the wildlife. Just purchase a furry suit and you can join the cat army and defeat the Australians. Thinking about it, purchase an emu costume. I already see the newspaper titling "emus join cats in war against ADF", "ADF lost a battle but not the war", "ADF defeated by cat and emu alliance".
>>
Volunteer, fuck that. I was a contractor for three years, get paid, get out.
>>
>>34320249
That's what you said about Israel as well.
And look how that turned out.
>>
>>34320533
Israel is the epitome of post-colonial arbitrary state. If the jews had just kept buying land in Palestine instead of relying on a British mandate we would probably have a secular Palestine with a large Jewish population.
>>
>>34318104
Thought about Ukraine but didn't like the idea of going up against Russian or US intelligence and language barrier.
Thought about Kurdistan but Kurds are muslims and communists and Assad is what's best for the region. Syria was a developing nation where Women were not under muslim law, post Assad it will be another shithole terrorist factory.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.