[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this "fence" on the vehicle for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What is this "fence" on the vehicle for?
>>
to catch RPG's.
>>
>>34313868
This is what QTDDTOT threads are for.
Also this >>34313884
>>
>>34313884
It doesn't "catch" RPGs you faggot. It forces the RPG to explode prior to making contact with the vehicle itself, allowing the force to dissipate significantly. It doesn't make the vehicle RPG-proof, it just reduced the potential for damage.
>>
>>34313900
Thank you for fancifully saying it catches RPGs
>>
>>34313900
to be fair most RPGs ended up wedged in the slats rather than exploding.
>>
>>34313894

there's a lgbt board on this site too but i'm not telling you to post there either
>>
>>34313900
>it doesn't catch them
>it captures them
>>
To prevent Mexicans from operating the vehicle.
>>
>>34313868
To keep the Bongs inside
>>
Is there any footage of an RPG getting caught?
How long does the propellant in an RPG last?
Can you hear an audible *thunk* on the inside?
I have so many questions.
>>
>>34313900
>It forces the RPG to explode prior to making contact with the vehicle itself, allowing the force to dissipate significantly.
Wrong. RPG prior detonation would not help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB6afYQfFjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qU4JcGtL7I

NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF EFFECTIVENESS FOR VEHICLE NET SYSTEMS PROTECTING AGAINST SHAPED CHARGE PROJECTILES Paweł ŻOCHOWSKI, Paweł PODGÓRZAK
https://mega.nz/#!6AdhTQTA!FBHg8Qn4SC9Cd2rCF2rmK3g0B-gZKNBVa3DjGMl4SKU
>>
Some fucking afghan child threw a rock at our MRAPs """bullet proof""" Windows and fractured the fuck out of it. Guess those engineering nerds should have made it rock proof.
>>
>>34314407
>he was in an MRAP and still doesn't know how bullet-resistant windows work

??
>>
>>34314407
I drive armored cars with bullet resistant glass and we have cracks from stray 2x4s and shit. Unlike you I know how bullet resistant glass works.
>>
>>34314407
>I am happily brain damaged: The post
>>
>>34314407
>muhreens
>>
>>34313868
Because the billion dollar chobani armor can't stop a 70 year old russian projectile.
>>
>>34314407
>Some fucking afghan child threw a rock at our MRAPs """bullet proof""" Windows and fractured the fuck out of it.
armored glass stands better agsaint high speed low weight projectiles. Funnily enough rocks are serous threat against them heavy and slow kills glass.

>Guess those engineering nerds should have made it rock proof.
they put cages and wire screens over...
>>
>>34314190
Underrated
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.