[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm master race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 9mmwhat.jpg (1MB, 2560x5386px) Image search: [Google]
9mmwhat.jpg
1MB, 2560x5386px
Okay so I am a revolver fag but 9x19mm is seriously tempting. It's cheaper to shoot, more effective and higher capacity. So what's a good 9, anon? Not interested in Glock garbage or Hi Points. Prefer steel, 4" or longer. Cheap surplus Beretta? Thanks.
>>
File: zanines.jpg (1MB, 2500x2267px) Image search: [Google]
zanines.jpg
1MB, 2500x2267px
>>34310373
If you're unsure start with a Browning Hi Power, ignore the memes it's a good handgun.

But have this to get an idea
>>
>>34310373
> more effective

than .357, .44 mag, or .45 colt? What are you on?

>More common, cheaper, and higher capacity.
There you go. Valid reasons found.

Handle a bunch of them in your price range. Guns that feel good in your hand will probably work better (for you).
>>
>>34310402
Should have specified I only shoot 38spl and 357mag, like most wheelgunners probably. 9mm is seriously competitive there, at ten cents a round cheaper. The infographic got that point across I thought.
>>
>>34310373
USP tactical or Expert , don't be cheap
>>
>>34310414
Yes and no. Not a single 158gr bullet in there (the standard weight) let alone the 180 grainers (the heavy ones). Light to light? yeah pretty much the same.

Realistically though you're right. Handgun rounds are handgun rounds. Revolvers let you exceed that a bit and that is why you do get some serious handgun hunters.

For cheap plinking you can't beat the 9mm really. Though which is more inconvenient (reloading mags vs feeding your cylinder) is subjective. The capacity and speed of reload is dominated by the 9 unless you're Jerry.

Find a midgrade 9mm that fits your hand. I personally find the CZ-75 family to be lovely. Also do think ahead to if you're going to get a PCC in 9, if you are try to have mag interchangability. The CZ-75s are reported to work in one of the Kel-Tec Sub 2k models.
>>
>>34310382
The Hi Power fucking sucks, especially for the price.
>>
>>34310373
How the hell does Speer Gold Dot have that kind of penetration out of a 2" barrel?
It kills 3 stacked zombies per shot
>>
>>34310734
I'm guessing it's because the rounds didn't mushroom very much at all. They are 357 mag. Lower velocity vs gelatin kept them intact?
>>
File: Snapchat-1845268023.jpg (879KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1845268023.jpg
879KB, 1440x2560px
>>34310373
>>34310382

Growing up, I only got to shoot revolvers so when I was old enough to get my own guns I had to be different.

If you want an all steel gun, a CZ (they have many different metal models), a Berreta, or a Browning High Power are all popular, solid choices you'll always be able to find parts for. If you're cheap EAA is another good name. You'll probably want a full size model of whatever you get if you're shooting targets. Don't be discouraged by the BHP's capacity by the way, mec-gear makes reliable 15 round flush fit mags (never buy promags for any gun) and its the same height as a glock 19 that's known for being a small high capacity gun.

If you're avoiding plastic not because you just like the feel of metal but because of lore/memes, stop. Modern polymers are tough as fuck and a lot of brands make very reliable guns (H&K, Walter, glock are the big ones).

Im going to glock shill for a minute. Ive rented and owned a lot of handguns and glocks are great guns. They're small relative to their capacity, reliable, have cheap parts like magazines or so that you can tailor them to your specific needs, and have an okay trigger. If you buy one or at least rent one, I'd really suggest a G34. It's roughly the size of a 1911 but has a longer barrel and sight radius. I love the thing, I don't know why people would get a G17 when they're only slightly larger.

Just thought I'd share this about 9mm, I'm getting 1350 fps with a 124 grain golden saber by Underwood out of my 34. Pretty close specifications to the highest 1 shot stop round for 357, a 125 grain golden saber.
>>
>>34310777
>trips, a nice collection, wisdom, AND a zebra pen

you wouldn't happen to be looking to adopt manchildren from 4chan would you anon

and tbhwyf yea polymer is the reason. steel will last forever vs pressures it is designed for. i don't know that any other material can say the same.
>>
>>34310815
Polymer is as tough as steel and doesnt rust

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>34310815

Haha, I would like a real life friend as in to guns as me, even though I live in the south no one I've met does anything beyond shooting once every couple months or hunting.

From what I've heard, the flex in a new polymer actually makes it tougher than a lot of steel framed handguns since it wont permanently bend out of shape when hit by something. Like being ran over. I wouldn't do that to one of my guns and what you is true about metals lasting forever. I'd think a hundred years from now my glocks will have brittle frames but I'm sure if you were determined to do it you could cut out an aluminum replacement.

By the way, your grip will be different with an auto and it might take some getting used to before you're accurate. Shooting any gun properly will help your marksmanship overall though. Look up the thumbs forward grip.
>>
>>34310815
Chinese "stainless" steel rusts
Source: these shitty chinese kitchen knives
Polymer (whether it be thermoplastic or thermoset) can have reinforcing fibers or other fill materials that yield interesting properties that metals cannot do
inb4 metals can do things plastic can't
One advantage of thermoplastics is seeing melting or deformation, proactively changing wear parts, not waiting until catastrophic metal fatigue or other failure.
>>
>>34310373
>I'm a revolver fag but I want to shoot 9mm

Then get a Ruger LCR in 9mm Luger, lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.