[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mini PaK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Pak40_cfb_borden_3.jpg (307KB, 952x714px) Image search: [Google]
Pak40_cfb_borden_3.jpg
307KB, 952x714px
Im a hobby machinist who scored a new 14x40 lathe. Im looking into an idea I had to build a 1:10 scale PaK/KwK 40 chambered in 7.62x54R since it will be easy to start by using an old surplus barrel and turning it down. At 1:10 it'll have a bbl length of 13.5"

My concern is on how's the ATF going to classify it with such bbl length? Is not nor ever was a rifle, can't be shouldered, so not SBR.

In no way can it be concealed on the person so it's not an AOW.

Is it just "lolwtf" and unregulated?
Anyone ever hear of anything like this?
>>
>>34310329
You should make a full-sized PaK, which if you don't fire it with cased ammunition would fall under the same rules that the replica artillery for civil war reenactors uses, none.
>>
>>34310329
If you ever make it, please post pictures
>>
>>34310335
How would you light the powder, though? would you put a small indentation in the back of the powder bags for a primer?
>>
bump

>>34310335
not helpful at all but it's still a bump
>>
>>34310349
I think he means it'll still have the chamber from the mosin but will have a breach behind it made from maybe bart of the bolt?
>>
Just make it 16" my dude
>>
>>34310329
Use a different scale and have the barrel to be 16".
>>
>>34310357

That's an option, or go longer: the Panthers KwK42 was a 70 cal barrel. That would be about 20 5/8 long at 1:10
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>34310349
>>34310353

You could use the same friction primers ACW reenactors use, run them through a hole drilled in the breech.

Of course this means you aren't shooting anything but black powder through the PaK, but it'd be perfectly legal as far as I know.
>>
I'd consider reloading with blackpowder in the cartridges, but i definitely want a cartridge gun with the shells getting auto ejected. That's most of the challenge for me, and the appeal of watching it fire.

If I go 16" that's not the end of the world but I always liked the proportions of the 40/L46 and, thought it brought up an interesting legal blind spot.

Also definitely will take pics when i get going on it, whenever that comes. Will have to 3d model the beach abs recoil assy first
>>
>>34310329
You should ask a lawyer.
>>
>>34310329
that's an ambitious project, but how the hell are you going to make the rest of the parts? it's not like there's factory blueprints and specs of every piece of gear
>>
>>34310329
Why not 45-70? It'll be easier to work with, lower pressure, and make both a larger bang and larger impact
>>
>>34310329
It's classified as a pistol
>>
>>34310760
It is not.
>>
>>34310329

Is it a rifle?
No
Is it a pistol?
No
Shotgun?
Nope
Aow?
Probably not

It's a firearm according the batf
>>
>>34310549

Many years of mech CAD design experience and a small CNC knee mill + now the lathe should handle it.

That said, have been trying to gather what I can for reference material.
>>
I wish you 'home brewers' would fuckk off of /k/ until you had something made. Tired of this larping day in and day out
>>
>>34310329
>My concern is on how's the ATF going to classify it with such bbl length?

why don't you ask them you genius ?
>>
>>34310329
Ask the ATF. Be very clear and define.

Most likely an AOW.
>>
>>34311393

I get it, definitely.

Point is less about what one may or may not make someday and more about are there existing examples of similar firearms being made that could provide a clear example of precident on how "a firearm" is treated. Seems like an interesting class of weapon... Ive seen miniature machine guns. Tippmann made a .22LR mini belt fed back in the day before paintball took off. But those are clearly NFA as machine guns.
>>
>>34311562

If there truly are no other guns that would clearly provide precedent then of course that method would come next.

But would you tell someone to ask the ATF if they were asking about making a pen gun or point them to an example that's already a definite example of an AOW as a starting point?
>>
I had wanted to make a mini-generic AT gun out of a m2 .50 BMG barrel for a while now, but I don't have the skills to do it... Just a sliding breech block and either a pintle mount or mock up a little carriage. Doesn't have to look like anything in particular, and have the same mounting as on a m2, so any surplus barrel will screw right in.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.