[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiple CCW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Does /k/ have more than one firearm for concealed carry? I've heard lots of times that you should be careful about switching between different handguns for concealed carry because it affects your muscle memory and ability to respond if you're using a different weapon than what you train with, but what if you practice extensively with both?

Been carrying an FNS9 compact for a little over a year now but sometimes I find it a little bulky for certain tasks. Been thinking about getting a single stack .380 for when I go for runs.

Is it worth it to get a smaller "special occasion" gun? I don't want to switch to carrying a different gun completely because I love my FNS, but feel like there's some situations where she's a little less than perfect.

Been looking at a Glock 42 or maybe a PPK. Also been curious about the Taurus Curve if anybody has some input on that.
>>
>>34309703
90% the time I carry a Glock 26 Appendix.
the rest of the time it's usually a TCP 380 (motorcycle or whatever when I just don't feel like wearing the 26). It's fine but especially lately I've been making sure to just carry the 26 because of night sights, 9mm, handling, and capacity.
>>
Most people here don't practice enough to gain any sort of meaningful proficiency or consistency in a specific gun to warrant such a concern.

Now, there is a downside to having various controls across a large battery of guns such as having a DA/SA fullsize like an M9, an M&P9c with a manual thumb safety for a smaller option and a Walther PPS Gen 1 with a paddle magazine release as your go-to conceal carry guns.

It would be optimal to stick to one platform but I think you'll be fine with having a Glock 42 as a smaller gun as you carry an FNS9. They're both striker fired handguns with your FNS9 (I presume yours is) being a gun without a manual safety. It would also be a plus if you could get a similar sight setup on both of them like Trijicon HDs
>>
>Taurus Curve
This has to be a joke, right?
>>
>>34309729

Thanks for the input. I do have a manual safety on my FNS9. That was actually one of the larger factors in my choosing my FNS9 over a Glock 26 which I'd also been considering at the time. I prefer manual safety, though I have really wanted my very own Glock brand Glock. Do you think it would fuck me up to switch between a gun with a safety and a gun without? Specifically going back to my FNS and getting into a situation where I forget to disengage the safety.
>>
>>34309703
Depending on what im wearing ill carry a CZ75 Compact or a Shield.
>>
>>34309786
>Do you think it would fuck me up to switch between a gun with a safety and a gun without?

Hopefully, you're working the safety on the FNS9 at an efficient manner on the draw. Assuming you do this and to a subconcious manner, no. I don't think it's a big deal since the worst that will come out of it is subconciously making a sweeping motion when you draw your Shield.

It's in my opinion that both the FNS and Shield have unergonomic manual safeties that get in the way more than anything.
>>
>>34309703
>more than one firearm for concealed carry?

2 of the same

get involved in incident the poleece will take 1 for evidence

at that point i need 2nd because jamal & tyrone friends & relatives will be paying attention to me and ATF 4473 has line about something which would legally prohibit from buying a gun when you need it most
>>
I have different carry guns and like most it depends on what time of year it is/ what I'm wearing.
what I don't do is change operating systems, meaning its all DAO with short trigger pulls.
>>
>>34309703
>Taurus Curve
cool idea
>>
>>34311607
I have actually told many first time buyers this for the same reason.
>>
>>34312077
That sounds like some good capitalism!
>>
>>34309703
I have two. I carry a single stack .380 in the summer and a .357 in the winter.

I live in a beach town in the south, and these fools don't know how to handle the cold. I've seen parkas at 50 degrees down here, and I just don't trust a .380 to do what I want/need with these southerners dressing like they're in the frozen tundra.
>>
I'm thinking of getting a Springfield XD-E and finding a Para [somethingorother] Carry and switching back and forth between them. I see no reason not to train with multiple guns and be able to use them.

And I think the difference between how they feel while being carried with differentiate them enough to know which I'm carrying any given day if I ever had to use one.
>>
File: mintchocolatespeculum.jpg (21KB, 650x383px) Image search: [Google]
mintchocolatespeculum.jpg
21KB, 650x383px
>>34309703
the Curve is the same angle of the lead designer's dick (I'm told)

Just get a Speculum.
>>
>>34314148

That's actually a good counter point to what >>34309729 said.

Would having two guns that are too similar potentially fool your brain in a defense situation to overlook certain small differences (IE mag release in slightly different place or safety VS no safety)? Could it potentially be better to have two completely different guns so your brain recognizes them as separate platforms and reacts accordingly? Interesting thing to think about.
>>
File: 20170610_202410-1.jpg (1MB, 2582x1936px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_202410-1.jpg
1MB, 2582x1936px
My mom lets me decide between 3 guns.
>>
>>34309703
I have 2 guns I can ccw, but I dont have a permit yet
USP Compact 9mm and XD Subcompact
3 if you count G19 but I wont carry it
I want a CZ 2075 but theyre unobtanium
I was also thinking of getting a LC9 and carrying it AND something else
Anyone ever cc 2 guns at once?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.