[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of The Unit /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 70155624.jpg (87KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
70155624.jpg
87KB, 665x375px
>>
You don't send the Navy to do the Army's job
Hurrah
>>
>>34309620
A lot of stupid scenes and the wifes-drama was too much
>>
Needs to edited down so 98% of the wife shit is gone
>>
File: TheUnit7.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
TheUnit7.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
>>
File: are you in good hands.webm (767KB, 672x368px) Image search: [Google]
are you in good hands.webm
767KB, 672x368px
>>34309620
I was watching it when it was still on air, gave up at the end of season 2 (I think) when THEY FUCKING DISBAND DELTA FORCE.

Writing was alright (if the wife stuff was a little grating) but they obviously didn't have the budget or technical mastery to do the action any justice.
>>
second rate strike back
>>
Scott foley should have never been cast and not even then. Guy is a walking disaster and doesn't have charisma for a special ops guy.
Wife bullshit completely killed the show but that was put in there because American audience needs artificial drama as evidenced by their own vague and turbulent lives
>>
File: headshots only.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
headshots only.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>34311457
I thought he was pretty good actually, in fact the cast carried the show until it died on the last season. Killing blackie was a shit idea and especially bringing in the pretty boy parkour ninja replacement.

still plenty of awesome episodes over the seasons, its a show I rewatch fairly often, putting on a random episode or whatever.
>>
>>34309620
Enjoyed it a lot aside from the aforementioned wife bullshit. Trying to have longer season spanning plots was also a mistake. Still surprised how rarely it gets mentioned here
>>
>>34309620
All went to shit when all that mystic shit began.
>>
>>34309620
Cheesy POS.

I quit after the first episode when this Special Forces guy goes into a hijacked plane with ONLY a pistol, not even a plate carrier and kills all the terrorists singlehandedly in poorly produced slow-motion.

SIX and Strike Back are better.
>>
>>34312318
SIX also actually has relatively well-written civilian drama.
>>
>>34312340
SIX is the worst wannabe operator shit

>devgru dude doesnt know how to breach a fucking door inside a ship like he is a rookie regular seal instead of an st6 member
>muh infertile operator drama
>muh operator sleeps with teammate operator's wife drama
>muh shit tier weapon handling and horrible CGI effects>

Also commercial jet assault is typically done with a handgun, read a book sometime.
>>
>>34312318
just marathoned strike back for the first time. it was enjoyable. kind of overly dramatic at times and some of the 'hollywood' gun bs trigger me but all in all good.
>>
>>34312372
Yeah, but The Unit is worse in everything.
Yeah, SIX was okay at best, but yeah...

>Also commercial jet assault is typically done with a handgun, read a book sometime.

Not in a t-shirt and jeans when you have equipment nearby and time to equip it.
Also most likely not with a 1911
>>
>>34312397
It's kind of cheesy at times, sure, but it doesn't try to be serious in those moments.
Damien's plotline was also uncharacteristically tragic for a network TV show
>>
File: Delta-force-sofrep[1].jpg (100KB, 907x498px) Image search: [Google]
Delta-force-sofrep[1].jpg
100KB, 907x498px
>>34312437
>Not in a t-shirt and jeans when you have equipment nearby and time to equip it.

Nigger did you even watch the episode, what "time to equip it" ? They were not only summoned hastily but the assault itself was done in-extremis.

Up until maybe 5 years ago Delta dudes used 1911s until they switched to Glocks. Guess what the guys in the show are based off in real life? Guess who was their primary technical adviser?
>>
>>34312559
>Nigger did you even watch the episode, what "time to equip it" ? They were not only summoned hastily but the assault itself was done in-extremis.

The guy who did the assault had plenty of time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.