[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good gun for home defense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1496038491820s.jpg (4KB, 212x249px) Image search: [Google]
1496038491820s.jpg
4KB, 212x249px
ya, I'm new to this, but I've had people threaten me several times in the past month. Today someone broke into my house and fucked up the place and I'm starting to feel really unsafe. pls help guiz

-pol
>>
>>34309616
Why
>>
>>34309616
How much do you want to spend?
You can find cheap pump-action shotguns at pawnshops
>>
>>34309622
becos I don't want to die?
>>
An ar 15 for 600 bucks or a pistol calibre carbine for less
>>
>>34309624
I'm a beta male, who has no protein in his diet and only skin and bones, I don't want to get fucked up m8. I was thinking that desu, but anything with less recoil. I know I'm a total pussy.
>>
>>34309626
Why are people fucking with you, retard?
>>
>>34309634
dont call me retard, this isn't pol u retard

becus reasons and thats it boi
>>
>>34309637

>dont call me a retard
>calls him a retard

fuck off summerfag
>>
File: 1493704444993.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493704444993.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>34309640
wow thx
>>
get a remington 870 express you can pick them up for around 330$
>>
>>34309637
Okay than fuck you and your dumb nigger talk. I bet people are fucking with you because you couldn't keep your dumb ass mouth shut and spewed some stupid /pol/ le stermtroop meme talk and it pissed off some nogs. Get fucked.
>>
>>34309632
The ar 15 is very low recoil. The only thing with less recoil is a squirrel rifle
>>
>>34309654
u wanna fucking go i asked for advice not u 2 call me nigger u racist red neck piece of shit
>>
>>34309653
alright thank you any other guns?
>>
>>34309665
Same guy, if you do want to get a shot gun don't get a 12 gauge they kick like a man's gun. Get a 20 gauge or 28 gauge. (The higher the gauge the less powerful the gun)
>>
>>34309673
Mosin nagant. Best reliability out of any other gun and it's the heaviest so it has the least recoil and it's only about 300 to 400 bucks so it's a good deal too
>>
>>34309616
give us your budget NIGGER
>>
>>34309689
True, that would help a lot
>>
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/mobile/Kel-Tec-SUB-2000-Semi-Auto-Rifle/productDetail/Rifles/prod99999042075/cat100003 this
>>
>>34309666
Hold up there sister. You came to us.

We like to know the whole story, before we give out advice. If you don't want to share then go to a gun store.

That said. For a limp wristed person such as your self. Get a Ruger 10/22 with a 25 rnd magazine.

It has no recoil and doesn't weight much.

Plus it's not black and scary!
>>
>>34309616
someone just post the HD/SD on a budget pic so he can figure his own shit out.
>>
File: poorfag home defense.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag home defense.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
So you're either a troll or someone's fucking up your thread, but on the off chance it's the former

>Some people broke into my house and fucked my shit up

Unless you're gonna buy a quality safe and bolt it into your floor or you have a REALLY good hiding spot, odds are good they're going to break into your house when you aren't there and take your gun. At this point you're better off just fucking moving somewhere that isn't a shithole/isn't hostile to you.

If you want a gun for cheap then pic related is about as cheap as it gets. If you want a pistol you want it to be heavy so it absorbs the recoil and doesn't hurt your supposedly delicate bones, so forget the CC ones.

Shotgun and heavier rifle recoil is manageable with recoil pads, which are not expensive.

You need to budget buying at least a couple hundred rounds of ammo, the gun is not a magical talisman that will protect you if you just wave it around - you need to learn how to use it and use it well just like any other tool.

The stiicky can help you, too. Read it.
>>
>>34309616
side note, is birdshot any good for HD?
>>
my mom's friend and my little brother's friend were recently victims of a home invasion possibly by the same suspects.
>>
>>34309771
Is shooting 1 oz of lead at super sonic speed good for HD. Yes anon yes it is
>>
>>34309771
I mean if that's all you have, that's what you have. But honestly just look at some gore pictures of people shot by birdshot, it creates painful disfiguring wounds and if the suspect survives you might get your ass sued for cruelty or negligence. Most importantly, however, it doesn't stop threats as reliably as buckshot or slug.

If you aren't an actual nigger and plan on keeping the shotgun loaded for HD, skip the birdshot and just buy a fucking box of #4 or 00 buck.
>>
>>34309771
Birdshot (all types)- 17% of shots led to an immediate incapacitation

Buckshot (all types)- 54% of shots led to an immediate incapacitation

Rifled Slugs- 67% of shots led to an immediate incapacitation

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/bird-shot-for-self-defense
>>
Let a big black man move in with you. No one will fuck with you then.
>>
>>34309624
>>34309653
>>34309709
>>34309726

These are good. Some cheap brands/models you can choose without thinking too hard

Ruger ar15, s&w m&p ar15, Mossberg 500 12 gauge, Remington 870 12 gauge.

If you get a shotgun, an 18 inch barrel is ideal for purely home defense but shit at hunting. A longer one will work if it's all you can find. 12 gauge is standard, it doesn't have as much recoil as people say my 5'3 110 pound girlfriend can do it but with slow follow up shots for her.

Buy any 2 3/4" 12 gauge 00 buckshot for defense if you don't know what you're doing. Buy a box of cheap as fuck 2 3/4" shells to practice with the gun so you know what you're doing.

Cheap shells are normally birdshot, that's a shell with a ton of small BBs that spread out. 2 3/4" Buckshot is typically 9 small marble sized chunks of lead that will kill fast.

Never stop learning about guns
>>
>>34309726
dat image
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.