[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M14/M1A Stock dimensions First Success!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 20170619_1829213.jpg (791KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_1829213.jpg
791KB, 5312x2988px
Hello again /k/ LeMartin here.

Thanks for the stock and receiver dimensions. I have begun printing parts to see if they will fit around the m1a I have access too, and today was my first success. After vigorously recreating the stock in inventor, I have completed the most difficult part of the stock, the trigger/receiver area.

Its taken this long to find someone with a 3D printer who I can sorta trust. Would printed sooner but the printers I want are all 300+

I have tested it, and it fits near perfectly. Only two parts don't fit quite the way I like (The trigger guard thingy needs a special groove on the stock, one I didn't put in) and the magazine catch is too thin as the dimensions on the schematics weren't that clear for it.

However with that said, my rifle will be happening. I hope to have a working prototype for the m1a sometimes before Christmas.

I will keep you all appraised until then.
>>
>>34309008
Wait.
Are you the guy who claims he'll be able to make $600 M1As?
>>
Pepe liberator fag BTFO. Good job, op.
>>
>>34309026
Nevuh been dun be4!

http://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/norinco-m14-m305-308-win-22.html
>>
>>34309008
I wish I had money to blow and resources to do this shit.
>>
>>34309008
after you pay the fifty thousand + dollars in federal fees and after the two years it takes you to get approved, If you get approved, get back to me with a price for one of these.
>>
File: 20170619_182747.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_182747.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>34309026
>http://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/norinco-m14-m305-308-win-22.html

No. I am making my own customized stock and magazine for the m1a.
>>
>>34309045

Inventor is free if you get a student version. Great tutorials online. Seriously dude! All i've spent so far is 20$ getting various things printed, this stock section included.
>>
>>34309036
For Americans, no, it hasn't you dipshit.
>>34309053
Ah, cool.
So just proprietary mags for the sake of proprietary mags?
Or is it gonna be special in That it adds shit the originals couldn't do/have?
>>
>>34309049
There's no federal regulation on just making a form fitting stock. Living in california however, there are things I need to be aware of. Rest assured I am not trying to make a receiver, just something that fits over it perfectly.
>>
>>34309070
I've got two working versions of magazines that can fit tapered cartridges in a straight magazine without jamming. So far I have printed one version to see if it works. So far it does, however I need to print another better version that doesn't warp (plastic is too thin)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.