[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ what are the Most Overrated Guns you can think of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: Moistin Niggant .jpg (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Moistin Niggant .jpg
194KB, 1200x800px
Rules
1. Don't post a repeat of a previously named fire arm
2. Give a reason and a good explanation as to why you dislike the fire arm.

Here I go,

The Mosin Nagant, in a technical sense of the worst bolt actions rifles produced ever. Since when are people going to realize that this garbage rod belongs in the trash? First of all I'm calling it a garbage rod merely because of all the fanboys debating on the pronunciation of the word "Mosin". It has a heavy bolt, a rough action and a trigger that has the heaviest trigger pull of all. The stripper clips for damn thing don't even eject when the bolt is slammed forward and once the gun is ready to fire, it preforms massively under par with 5 inch groups on the range.

Since when does cheap cost correlate with a good rifle?
>>
>>34307271
>The stripper clips for damn thing don't even eject when the bolt is slammed forward
You're not supposed to use the Mosin stripper clips like that dumbass, you're supposed to pull it out after you've loaded the cartridges, not leave it in there before you work the bolt forward.
>it preforms massively under par with 5 inch groups on the range.
this is why you get a proper Mosin without a shot out bore, not just any old nugget off the shelf, seeing as you clearly don't know shit about them or what to look out for in surplus rifles.
>Since when does cheap cost correlate with a good rifle?
Since when does expensive cost correlate with a good rifle? They're commie made guns, they were meant to be made cheap as possible without sacrificing quality too much. even then, they're old guns, of course they arent going to always work as well as they were first out of the factory.
>>
>>34307271
>heavy bolt
weak
>rough action
no lube
>heavy trigger pull
see first response
>stripper clips
just take them out ffs
>groups
shit shot

I'm pullin your leg OP they're pretty overrated but I like em nonetheless
>>
>>34307271
The ar-15, jesus christ just get a Tavor
>>
The Tavor, jesus christ just get an AR-15
>>
>>34307472
Tavor/AR Jesus just get a mini14
>>
The mini14, Jesus Christ just get an fnc
>>
>>34307512
Mini14, jesus christ get an M1a
>>
>>34307271
Mini-30, jesus christ just get an sks
>>
>>34307516
the fnc, jesus just get a beryl
>>
>>34307525
the m1a, jesus christ just get a g3
>>
>>34307271
Unironically the ar-15.
It's objectively one of the best designs, but I still wonder if that justifies the proliferation that the market currently has. It seems like AR's have killed a lot of the diversity in the gun market, as eveything trends towards an ar, or an ak. Also the fanboys who can't understand that not everyone wants an ar, even if it may be the most practicle design.
>>
G3, jesus christ just get a FAL
>>
>>34307561
>muh diversity
fuck off nigger
>>
>>34307578
the right arm of the free world, jesus christ just get a garand
>>
the Garand, jesus christ get an SVT-40
>>
>>34307593
the greatest battle implement ever devised, jesus christ just get a nagant revolver
>>
>>34307271
the Mosin Nagant is the most overhated gun
>>
>>34307587
You probably own 6 ARs
>>
>>34307587
Is it not considered good, that people have a wide selection of different rifles to choose from?
>>
>>34307578
>>34307593
>G3
>FAL
>Garand

Jesus Christ you poorfags just get a SIG 510
>>
>>34307618
clearly you've never seen the amount of hate for Hi-Points
>>
>>34307616
did you know you can suppress that revolver, jesus christ just get a hi point
>>
>>34307271
How did you make such cancer so efficiently?
>>
>>34307632
They both get far more hate than they deserve
>>
>>34307649
by watching TFBTV
>>
>>34307618
This. I'll concede that it is not the best gun out there. But people love to shit on it so hard. Besides the memes (shoot 2 country away ivan, start brush fire) I don't think too many people consider it to be the best.
>>
>>34307396
>You're not supposed to use mosin stripper clips like that

Nice job reinforcing the stigma that mosin fanboys are just as toxic I expected

I'm stressing that inconvenience the mosin has compared that to the actions of a mauser it takes much longer to load stripper clips compared to a lee enfield or a mauser. For example with a mauser once the stripper clip is loaded you can still drive the bolt forward not having to worry about the hassle of removing the clip.

>They're commie made guns they were meant to be made cheap as possible without sacrificing quality too much.

But, you know, for every good Russian small arm, there are five or six that are horrendous.

Also, don’t forget how the bolt handle and head are separate pieces as opposed to the Mauser.

Way to go.

So the old garbage rod is loved by many because it’s cheap now.

But I pray for the day when it is actually accurately compared against its peers, as only then will it be judged according to its merits, of which there are very few.

>Since when does expensive cost correlate with a good rifle?

true price doesn't really matter. The rifles performance matters. And evidently enough the mosin is still very poor in it's performance
>>
>>34307271
The FAL
>muh real FN NATO
>muh rhodesia
it's a subpar rifle even by .308 battle rifle standards, and painting it the color of baby shit as "camo" doesn't help.
>>
>>34307631
sig 510, jesus christ just get a stg 550
>>
>>34307664
kek.....
>>
File: 1462310180148.png (188KB, 544x398px) Image search: [Google]
1462310180148.png
188KB, 544x398px
>>34307271
when it fought a war older than you
also
>muh -40 degrees operability
>>
>>34307631
>SIG 510
Jesus Christ just get an AK if you hate last shot hold open
>>
>>34307669
>t. a guy who watches Alex C. with TFB TV
like, verbatim quotes level
>>
>>34307271
ever shot a carcano? a mas?
>>
>>34307587
using green text and calling someone a nigger for having a reasonable opinion. While at the same time bashing them for their own opinion by providing the most mundane and idiotic insult.
>>
>>34307669
>Nice job reinforcing the stigma that mosin fanboys are just as toxic I expected
>I'm stressing that inconvenience
hey, not my fault you can't use a rifle properly mate because it's slightly different from other rifles. is pulling a tiny bit of sheet metal out of a gun too much of a hassle for you? are you that much of a weak faggot that you can't do one short extra step for reloading, or don't have the arm strength to work the bolt easily is too much and you will get tired?
>>
>>34307271
M-14

It's a poor attempt at modernizing the Garand in order to compete with other contemporary battle rifles. Heavy and (comparably) unreliable, it's fondly remembered by fudds and grunts who didn't have to carry it.
>>
>>34307561
AR isn't a good design at all. Everything good about it is a direct result of its popularity which is itself caused only by American nationalist autism.
>there could have been $400 FALs in .280 British if America just listened
>nope here's the garand 2 chambered in .30-06 short it's way better
>also we're dropping it immediately for this piece of shit that can't accept a folding stock
>it's ok though we'll give it a 14" barrel compensate
Suddenly everyone else uses this trash because dude cheap NATO parts.
>>
>>34307561
All the "good" reasons to own ARs are also the reasons why annoying, deficient people have flocked to them by the millions

>cheap
poorfags
>customizable
bubba and tacticool airsofters who finally turned 18
>ergonomics
manlets who couldn't reach the charging handle on a G3
>low-recoil
manlets, women, and children
>common & interchangable
poorfags and preppers who think they'll be raiding national guard armories for spare uppers
>military-looking
airsofters and milfags who want the same rifle they trained on and never shot in anger

Also daily reminder that 5.56 is insufficient to kill large game. It may work sometimes, but I could kill a deer with an air rifle too and call that "sufficient". There's a reason it's illegal to hunt deer with 5.56 in several states.
>>
>>34307271
How is the Mosin overrated? Who ever claimed that they were particularly good? People used to buy Mosins because they were cheap and fun, or because they were interesting; people continue to buy them because they are a meme.
For my contribution, the CZ-75. I like mine a lot, and I got if for a good price, but I wouldn't recommend it over any other similarly-priced DA/SA pistol. The trigger is meh, the slide is hard(er) to grip. I don't know where it obtained such a mythical status.
>>
>>34307800
>folding stock
Besides looking cool in photos, literally why is this important?
>>
>>34307761
Wow, demeaning a person over the internet and calling their rifle objectively better because of an inconvenience that you can't except, thus, you make fun of them on their physical capability. Alright salty neckbeard neet that can't afford anything other than a shit stick I think everyone has had enough of your shitposting for today hit the hay.

Hmm, If i'm in a battle and it came down to a life and death situation what would you choose the shit stick mosin that has a slow action, rough trigger and inaccuracy with faults all over it or any other rifle? Well based off of your idiocy you'd be fucking dead for a good reason.
>>
>>34307271
Your like that guy you invite over to dick around on some project and when you offer him whatever cheap cold beer you have in the fridge, he refuses it

You're a massive faggot
>>
>>34307800
>Cheap nato parts
>no folding
>British weapons suck
why is this bad?
>>
File: augaug.jpg (420KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
augaug.jpg
420KB, 1125x1500px
>>34307453

The Tavor. Jesus christ, just get an Aug.
>>
>>34307887
Aug is the ultimate red pill of all bullpups
>>
>>34307645

this is my problem solver, jesus christ just get a 1911
>>
>>34307816
>How is the Mosin overrated?
It's not, it's just the newfags who weren't around when the things were like $80 in field and stream catalogs, and everyone and their dog owned one. Now they've dried up and gone up in price, but a lot of people still talk about them and own them.
>>
File: 0010001000.jpg (4MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
0010001000.jpg
4MB, 6000x4000px
>>34307887
I have a Tavor and thoroughly enjoy it, but I would absolutely LOVE to have an AUG too. Both guns I've always wanted since childhood because vidya, but I went with the Tavor first. One day it will be mine.

I really don't see why the Tavor gets so much hate though. Like even if the AUG is a better rifle, which is debatable, that doesn't mean the Tavor is bad.

Pic related, an adorable millipede wanted to play with my Tavor.
>>
>>34307999

Tbh I just join the typical fanboy thing where I immediately believe the competition is sub-par. I would like both one day, and to form and objective opinion on both. I should be getting myself an Aug soon, though.
>>
>>34307999
Its an over priced meme gun that shits gasses and fouling directly into your face.
>>
>>34307271
>I'm calling it a garbage rod merely because of all the fanboys debating on the pronunciation of the word "Mosin"
Hows that the guns fault?

>It has a heavy bolt, a rough action and a trigger that has the heaviest trigger pull of all
>it preforms massively under par with 5 inch groups on the range.
You are weak and can't aim

This gun was designed for men, op. sorry.
>>
>>34308093
You're entitled to your opinions and preferences, but I don't even notice any blowback, I also don't use a suppressor either though and I heard that makes it worse. As for the price, they're typically cheaper than AUGs so...
>>
>>34307999
>wanted a tavor since childhood

jesus chris son. I have one of the first 4000.
>>
>>34308129
kek check out this salty ass cunt lord XDXDXDD
>>
>>34308253
not even him but yeah, fucking work with your hands for a bit or something.
>>
Go to bed Alex
>>
>>34308252
Mine is one of the first 8000 :/
>>
>>34307839
Portability and adaptability imo. I just hate the concept of a protruding buffer tube at the back of my gun.
>>
The Mauser 98.
>>
>>34307669
Piss poor responses

Fucking cleared within a single response
>>
>>34308411
Samefag backing up his responses
SAD
>>
Glock 17/19
I'm quite fond of my own but cutting $50-$100 off msrp sounds fair imo.
>>
>>34308424
wacky meme my man
>>
>>34308424
he worked super had on that post! Just let the little guy have his fun ya jerk
>>
short stroke piston AR

jesus fuck, either get a long stroke piston or get a DI gun

no, your $700 short stroke is not going to outperform a $1200 DI or even a $700 DI, and just because its piston doesnt mean its better, if anything its worse. YOU DONT SEE PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE DI AKS DO YA? CUZ THEY WERENT FUCKING MADE TO BE DI. IT WOULDNT BE TOO BAD IF THE SHORT STROKE OPTIONS NOW WERE ANYTHING OTHER THAN "CHEAP SHIT" AND "FUCK WHY ISNT IT GOLD PLATED FOR THIS PRICE?"

I SWEAR TO FUCK IF I HAVE ANOTHER CUSTOMER COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THEIR ADAM ARMS IS HEAVY AND DOESNT WORK HALF THE TIME IM GOIN TO CHUCK IT INTO THE DUMPSTER FROM WHICH IT CAME
>>
>>34308402
>mosin apologist tripfag hates mausers
kys
>>
File: Gew98 Crest.jpg (205KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Gew98 Crest.jpg
205KB, 1536x2048px
>>34308508
>Mosin apologist
Uh huh
>Hates Mauser
Oh yes, please go on. How many Mausers do you own?
>>
>>34308402
>who would win
>a rifle which created the action that the next hundred+ years of design would be based off of
>a rifle which turned thousands of uneducated poorfags into wannabe gun owners
>>
>>34308573
>next hundred+ years of design would be based off
The Lebel?
>>
>>34307632
Hi-points work. They do, that's my favorite thing about them. They're geo metros. Everyone claims it's an absolute piece of shit that could never work but it keeps chugging along and that makes people even more angry because how could something he so cheap and practical? It goes against everything we've been taught our entire lives. I think Hi-points are made by a bunch of trolls who spend their day laughing at all the shit people talk about their guns.
>>
>>34308597
This is just my personal anecdote, but every Hi-Point pistol that I have shot have had problems. A buddy of mine has two, one of which would have the magazine fall out every couple of rounds fired, and the other, in 9mm, would have feeding issues. Don't get me started on how shit the guns feel, or how shit they shoot. I'd never recommend someone towards a Hi-Point. I'd give them one of my guns before I tell them to buy a Hi-Point.
>>
>>34308224
An AUG is only 1600 buckaroos, how much did you pay for your tavor
>>
>>34307271
it was only "good" because it was cheap
>>
I for one am glad milsurp now has a barrier to entry.
>>
>>34308499
I've heard the Superlative Arms piston is okay, the op rod seems a little flimsy to me though
>>
>>34307767
>heavy
G3: 9lb
Fal: 9.48
M14: 9.2

If you're gonna be a noguns atleast be convincing. Battle rifles are heavy, there's a reason they're not used today.
>>
>>34307271
>Since when does cheap cost correlate with a good rifle?
The only time it matters: when you need it. People who really need guns don't have the option to choose from every gun ever made. Their options are what's locally available. The Nagant is an effective weapon. It might not be the best bolt action ever made or even the best bolt action of it's time but it was good enough for Simo Hayha and Vasily Zaytsev. They never bitched about stripper clips or trigger pull.

Also there's nothing wrong with the Mosin's trigger. It brakes clean. If you're blaming the trigger on a Mosin then you're just a poor shooter.

Good bait I must admit OP.
>>
>>34309135
>Also there's nothing wrong with the Mosin's trigger
Depends when and where it was made. My 43 Izhevsk is horrible but my 1914 Tula is pretty good.
>>
>>34309029
alright let me rephrase that
its ergonomics make you feel all 9.2 pounds of it, rifles with pistolgrips like the G3 and FAL feel like they weigh less because of their ergonomics
of course this is just my experience/opinion
>>
>>34308565
How come every time the Mauser and Mosin have faced off in a war the Mosin's side has come out victorious?
>>
>>34309029
>there's a reason they're not used today
They are still used. Also they were heavily phased out because of 5.56 NATO being lighter rather than the rifle itself. (The L85 shitshow weighs roughly the same as the L1A1 it replaced for example). Why only carry 200 rounds when you can carry over double of that for the same weight in ammo?
>>
File: 1444967455788.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444967455788.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
>>34307453

Awful bait
>>
>>34307707

Yes? The Carcano is not particularly bad. The ammo, that's a problem. It's a mess of ungodly proportions
>>
>>34307664
On that note, I like how James shit all over Alex C regarding the P7 in their last vid.
>>
>>34307707
Carcano is on the same tier as Mosin except I'd say that the cartridge is better(if you don't get mismatched surplus ammo).

MAS is very good as long as you can stand "french" features like no safety.
>>
For overrated I'm gonna say the 1911. Mainly because my grandfather used it to kill himself
>>
>>34307800
>00
nice dubs
uk eruocuck faggot. nobody wants a FAL in .280 british
>>
>>34307669
>So the old garbage rod is loved by many because it’s cheap now.

$250 and rising for a plain Jane
>>
File: 21st-chromosome.jpg (26KB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
21st-chromosome.jpg
26KB, 490x275px
>>34307839
The stoner recoil system is incredibly well designed. In almost all guns, the stock is mechanically dead weight, but with the AR's straight line recoil system it uses the room for a huge recoil buffer. This is just one of the reasons the AR shoots so nicely.
Anyone who has ever shot a folding stock gun can attest to the fact that its funny and cool but practically autistic.
>>
>>34307271
Benelli M3s. They are a good concept, with the switchable gas system, but they can't run many loads besides buckshot, slug or hot (and I mean HOT) birdshot in semi-auto. And while their pump action mode is decent, it just feels mushier than most pump guns I have had the pleasure to shoot, and certainly isn't the best.
It's pricetag is a bit much, but I understand that a lot of western Europe guns are more expensive than their domestic counterparts for the most part. And even with the pricetag, it still feels like you're comprimising the tactile feel from a good pump-action for the option of semi-automatic fire.
>>
>>34309296
I don't think so. You only feel the weight if you try to hold the gun in a modern stance, try chicken winging.

I learned to chicken wing cos my dad was born in the 50s, and it makes pistol grip shooting harder but really works with standard rifle grips.
>>
>>34309326
Because small arms don't win wars. Also the Mauser and Mosin are about equal both from a mechanical perspective and a performance perspective.
>>
File: 1497159920798.png (493KB, 438x554px) Image search: [Google]
1497159920798.png
493KB, 438x554px
>>34307561
AR 15TH REICH NOW GAS ALL THE FUDD RIFLES
>>
>>34307271
>>34307396
>>34307669
The thing that everybody forgets when talking about milsurp rifles and what x country should have done always forget to look at four very important factors:
>Patents in play when the rifle was introduced
>Technology existing when the gun was introduced
>Manufacturing capiblity of the country adopting the gun
>Economic capacity of the country adopting the gun

The M91 Mosin-Nagant was the best rifle for Russia in 1891. Russia had yet to modernize it's industrial capacity (seethe first few years of Mosins being mad in France) so the simpler Mosin was better for the poorer, less technically advanced Russia.
As for why they didn't use a Mauser actioned gun, look at the Mausers in 1891 (remember the Mauser that everybody loves came out in 1898), they were small ring and bleeding edge tech. The stripper clip system was patented so to use it would cost too much for relatively poor Russia, so they developed their own system and paid it's designer squat.

As for why the Mosin stuck around so long, why make massive changes to your tooling when you are look actively at a much more advanced gun (semiauto vs bolt action). The M91/30 was a stop gap option to fill the hole in between WW1 era bolt actions and WW2 era semiauto.

As for accuracy, Mosins are as accurate as most production milsurp rifles of it's time. Of course quality control dipped in times of stress (like the Germans being a block or so away from the factory). Your average prewar mosin can hold 3 MOA which is part compare to prewar a K98.

>>34307271
As for my vote for most overrated gun is the SKS.
>Stripper clip fed at a time when detach magazines were becoming the norm
>Semiauto when full auto was becoming the norm
>Bayonet is permanently attached to the gun
People loved them for the reason that people loved Mosins. They were cheap as fuck for a while, with equally cheap ammo.
>>
>>34307561
This.

Fuck the AR-15. I like muh battle rifles. I wish they were common and cheap.
>>
>>34311477
OP Here
(yes i know i can't prove it but..)

Damn, good explanation I really didn't go to far into the history or the circumstances into which these mosins were made. I'll give the mosin the benefit of the doubt by praising it for it's decent price. I guess it really is the circumstances in which the mosin was made that made makes a bit more sense to it's quality as a rifle.
>>
>>34311477

Something interesting i found on google about the sks...
>>
>>34311534
You can literally google fucking anything like why does my AR 15 in google and it will come up with the exact same thing wtf anon
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.