[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do milfags wear ear protection in a combat situation? Was ear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170614_100909.jpg (352KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_100909.jpg
352KB, 1200x1600px
Do milfags wear ear protection in a combat situation? Was ear protection around in ww1 and 2?
>>
File: Ear Horn.jpg (22KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
Ear Horn.jpg
22KB, 250x361px
WHAT?
>>
>>34306306
Of course not. I'm not some pussyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
No it's why most combat veterans with extensive deployment history have fucked hearing
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488732393992.jpg (14KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488732393992.jpg
14KB, 480x270px
>>34306343
As I read this my right ear started ringing and I felt fear.
>>
We never wore hearing protection and really you wouldn't want to.
>>
>>34306481
What about the ones with microphones that filter out loud noises?
>>
>>34306905

It distorts the direction of sounds
>>
Armyfag here, typically no, but air assaults, and going to hit an objective electronic earmuffs are a godsend. Especially if you are hooked up to comms alot, way better then any kind of hand Mic. Plus on the firing line trying to hear commands or shooting inside a building you definatly want them. They are hot and sweaty as fuck though. And as long as you have left on left and right On right, hearing direction is fine.
>>
>>34306306
Ear protection existed in WW2 and was sometimes issued.

You can still find "Ear Warden" brand ear plugs at some army surpluses. I have a set. They're weird, but the case is cool.
>>
>>34306905
We just never wore them. You need to hear normal stuff all the time like talking and the radio. When you take contact you need to be able to hear people yelling. I don't see why this is hard to understand.
>>
File: 25268043_BG2.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
25268043_BG2.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
You see it more and more nowadays, depends on what you're doing though
>>
>>34306306
What'd you say about milf hags?
>>
>>34307802
It doesn't filter out yelling. It filters out loud noises, like gunshots, backfiring engines, etc. You'll be able to hear anything that's not loud enough to activate the filter. Now, if they continue miniaturizing the technology, large ear plugs will become viable, and will distort the direction of the sound much, much less.
>>
>>34306306
My dad was a crew chief in a huey gunship back in 'nam. His flight helmet had hearing protection.

That being said he told me a story about the gooks going over the wire and him sitting in a trench right infront of and beneath the artillery. They lowered them all parallel with the ground and unleashed canister rounds for about 5 min straight. He never suffered hearing loss from it. So i'd say it really comes down to whether or not your earholes are faggots.
>>
>>34308336
>That being said he told me a story about the gooks going over the wire and him sitting in a trench right infront of and beneath the artillery. They lowered them all parallel with the ground and unleashed canister rounds for about 5 min straight.

Fucking metal as fuck
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.