[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ak47 questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1358.png (478KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1358.png
478KB, 2001x1125px
A friendly anon told me that veprs and norincos are both good. Is one of them better than the other? Picture is of the vepr.
Also, are steyr maadi's any good?
>>
File: IMG_1359.png (995KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1359.png
995KB, 2001x1125px
And heres the norinco. On gb.com the norinco is 1200 and the vepr is 1000.
>>
File: IMG_1361.png (3MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1361.png
3MB, 2001x1125px
Heres the steyr 825$.

Any info much appreciated!
>>
If you're buying your first AK, buy an Arsenal SLR or a WASR. But don't overpay for a WASR, stay under 650 dollars. If you see one at ~500, go for it.
>>
>>34305240
I'd take a steyr maadi over a sporter norinco, mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to have to pay for conversion work.
>>
a real, pre-ban Maadi is one of the best AKs you can get
>>
i'd get the Maadi out of those 3
>>
>>34305327
Why is a wasr a good first gun?
>>
>>34305557

Because it's a cheap, mostly correct rifle patterned after the AKM, just without the dimples.
>>
>>34305327
How can wasr be good if its linked to century arms? Arnt norincos really good bc theyre made in china?
>>
>>34305240
The vepr is certainly "tougher" and better mechanically. But norincos are VERY nice aks.
But I'd just get an arsenal slr107 for vepr-fm money, or jump up to something like a 308 folder if I took the vepr path since it's more fun to fire and justifies the extra weight of the vepr. Veprs are just a bit heavy and feature-lacking to justify intermediate calibers IMO.
>>
>>34305590
Century doesn't really do anything except open up the magwell and install compliance parts. They don't actually build the WASR line.
>>
>>34305651
From what ive read the vepr certainly seems to be the most stone-strong built, and who cares if its heavy... plus the all black is beautyful.
Unless i hear anything bad about veprs then im probly gonna go with them.

>>34305708
>>
>>34305240
Nocinco in .223- the mags are going to be $50-100 each. It will need the non cuck furniture which is even another ~$50. Its a money pit. Good rifle, but ak's in 5.56 are for people with more money than sense

Vepr's- literally the meme ak. Overhyped RPK style rifle, that will need to have about ~200 dumped into it to look like a normal ak. The fm11's arent worth it because they offer no performance advantage over normak AKM's.
For the price and weight you can buy a battle rifle.

Steyr maadi. Excellent rifle, eyptian finish quality is shit, but it will be functional and have a good quality barrel.
If you can shoot the maadi to confirm it zero's i'd buy it.

Wasrs- best "quality" for the price. Good overall fit and finish for the price you are paying
>>
>>34305573
I found a WASR for about $450, and it has an underfolding stock. How uncomfortable are they to shoot? It'd be my first AK so I don't want to ruin it with a shitty first impression.
>>
File: IMG_2217.png (134KB, 375x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2217.png
134KB, 375x378px
>>34305240
the 107-11 is objectively better than any fime-ak or vepr
>>
>>34306435
I wouldn't recommend an underfolder for your first ak, but that seems like a pretty good deal.

idk
>>
File: IMG_3199.jpg (1MB, 2307x1415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3199.jpg
1MB, 2307x1415px
>>34305922
Whether weight matters much is up to you. But I like modern ak74 features on 16 inch guns and keeping them light as possible up to using 10rd mags for casual plinking.
You'll love the vepr, but that's my 2 cents as someone who likes to keep things light unless it's in a bigger round.
>>34306459
After holding one, I wouldn't want one ever. I haven't been that turned off since I held a galil sporter or Thompson repro.
>>
I got the vepr with the synthetic stock would a regular akm stock fit it or is it purely rpk stocks? Also I wanna put a rail on the upper handguard does the ultimak gas tube fit it?
>>
You probably can't afford the steyr maadi. Going price a year ago was around $3,000. You might be looking at the current bid but whats the reserve? Dumb nigger.

Unless the owner is retarded in which case you likely don't have enough money to outbid someone who actually knows about these guns and how much they're worth.
>>
>>34305240
Just get the vepr. Its the least problematic most common part taking normal cheap magazine having gun you can actually afford.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.