[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you own any assault weapon bullets, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0145.jpg (93KB, 750x878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
93KB, 750x878px
Do you own any assault weapon bullets, /k/?
>>
>>34303519
Why are race cars so fast?
>>
>>34303519

As apposed to low velocity bullets like _____????
>>
>>34303519
they're not wrong. most modern "assault" weapons were developed around high velocity small caliber bullets.
>>
>>34303850
akm boolits? they're on the slow side
>>
>>34303915
So you're saying if the bullet had no velocity it wouldn't do damage
>>
File: 1497580490610.jpg (76KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1497580490610.jpg
76KB, 640x624px
>>34303519
>assault weapons
These fuckin' Jews can't even get terminology correct. Also, Daily reminder that Niggers shoot more people than anybody else.
>>
>>34303850
silencer bullets, they go slow so that they can stop in the body and inject poison that kills the person

>>34303924
That's why the AK bullets are called "poison bullets" by the Afghanistanis
>>
I can see it in my eyes, California bans assault bullets going faster than 500 fps
>>
>>34303850
>>
>>34303942
Luxembourg had a 100% homicide rate by firearms in their country during 2005. Otherwise it's like zero or 50%. Not the best country to quote due to its extremes.
>>
>>34303934
A bullet with no velocity relative to you can't hit you, so yeah, a bullet with no velocity can't do damage.
>>
File: 1217_h_lg.png (66KB, 621x189px) Image search: [Google]
1217_h_lg.png
66KB, 621x189px
>>34303519
Why are assault war murder-kill knifes so good at cutting? Sharpness.
>>
>>34303956
>AKM
>"poison bullet"
no
>>
>>34303973
It's "in my head" or "with my eyes" you fucking retard
>>
>>34303519
oh god how much more stupid can people be
>>
>>34304061
a dull knife would actually be better because you have to work the knife when stabbing and it makes awful wounds
>>
>>34303934
>So you're saying if the bullet had no velocity it wouldn't do damage
Exactly, smartass, lmaooo.
>>
>>34303519
Does 7.62x54R count?

t. Vepr master race hitting 2800fps with 182 grain softpoints.
>>
>>34303519
so does that make my AR10 an ultra assault weapon? seeing as my 145gr travels way faster
>>
>>34303934

when is the last time someone died because a bullet was hand thrown at them?
>>
>>34303915
Has more to do with ballistics than 'stopping power' or whatever the quantifiable way to say ability to kill is.

A 4570 chugging at half the speed of 308 has about the same energy but is more likely to drop whatever you're hunting cos of its flat large profile. While it also has the aerodynamics of a brick. So 308 travels much further.

>>34304061
Arrows, or knives and other such weapons kill by blood letting.

Bullets kill by dumping a whole bunch of energy into the body. Ignoring stopping powa memes, large caliber flat nosed rounds do honestly a better job of dumping thier energy.

It's one of the reasons bullets are more likely to kill you instantly but bladed weapons are more likely to kill.
>>
>>34304333

>bullets kill by dumping energy

With what? a bucket? Your shit sounds retarded. What does the energy do?
Stop posting.
>>
>>34303850
most .45 variants
>>
>>34304365
>doesn't know what happens when matter experiences tremendous force
You can do a test yourself, just place a firearm to your forehead and pull the trigger.
>>
File: bait.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
>>34304365
Not that anon but holy shit lmao
>>
>>34304333
>Bullets kill by dumping a whole bunch of energy into the body
Uh, no.
>>
>>34304333
>Bullets kill by dumping a whole bunch of energy into the body
no they also kill by blood letting and rupturing organs

a whole crate of .22 against sci fi super plate armor will break all your bones from the energy transfer but youll recover fine since nothing inside you should be forced to stop working. but take one AP .223 right through your heart and welp there goes your entire body
>>
>>34304414
>bullets kill by blood letting
Not really. Rupturing organs yes.

Bullets deliver a lot of shock to the body. It's not the same thing as blood letting (unless you're just calling any bleeding blood letting) which is more like 'precision' severing a major blood vessel.
>>
>>34304414
you'd have to get a pretty big crate of .22 to do anything on sci fi super plate armor
>>
>>34304446
well I mean more general blood loss, you kinda need blood to live, and while it will take a long time to specifically die from just blood from a gunshot wound, it's a good way to get incapacitated/neutralized/whatever the meme word for "unable to do a whole lot" is these days

but ya i agree that the major thing is fucking up the function of organs you need to live. you can lose a lot of blood, but you cant live long without your heart or lungs or brain.
>>
>>34304464
yeah I mean like a lot like when you go to the old cheat editor for exile and just put in "lots" instead of a number and it gives you just, like, lots, I mean that much
>>
>>34304467
"Air goes in and out".
"Blood goes round and round".
"Things causing deviations from this well established routine are bad and will result in death and foul smells".
>>
>>34304467
Yea the bleeding is a 'side effect' of what the bullet does.

It's like a mace or club can kill due to crushing organs/bones etc that you would prefer not to have crushed, so even if it causes internal bleeding that's sort of a side effect of the impact.

Blood letting is something like slitting someone's throat (please don't slit anyone's throat) or like severing a heart artery in a deer using a broad head.

Of course almost any injury leads to bleeding, but bullets main method of killing is shock.

Luv u.
>>
>>34304534
I feel like thinking of it in the more general sense of disrupting normal bodily function is a Bad Thing a la >>34304525 is a better way to think of it, but whatever, were both basically saying "bullets do harm by breaking your body" so w/e you do you bb
>>
>>34304446
>Shock
If you mean the medical sense, it's the same thing.
If it's not, you think pressure waves do damage or some fuddlore and you should promptly kys.
>>
>>34304612
It's not fuddlore to say pressure waves kill.

How do you think a bomb works? Collapses organs, shattering bones rupturing blood vessels etc.

You may think it doesn't matter but this is an important difference from just cutting blood vessels like a knife or arrow.
>>
>>34303850
7.62x39
45acp
45-70

I could go on...
>>
>>34303519
Based on my states definition ... Yes when my rifle is in certain configurations
>>
>>34303519
~1400 rds 7.62x39mm
>>
File: PIERCE THE HEAVENS.jpg (28KB, 868x577px) Image search: [Google]
PIERCE THE HEAVENS.jpg
28KB, 868x577px
>>34304683
that is incredibly different from the action of a bullet, and pressure waves only kill because they enter your body and rupture organs

its actually how EOD suits work, they're partially sealed and resist that sort of pressure wave through a lot of padding and diffusion of mechanical waves through itself so explosions don't instantly liquefy your brains through your ears. it's not like Street Fighter where a hard knockdown dizzies you and then you die
>>
>>34303915

+1 most modern assault weapons are built around a small caliber high velocity bullet that's designed to cause maximum wounding.
>>
>>34303519
He isn't wrong but it's still fuck retarded. Pistols kill way more yearly
>>
>>34304776
>incredibly different
In what way other than being significantly lower energy.

Look consider a hunting bow has around 50 lb of energy. A 22 has more energy but can't take down the type of game a bow can because the arrow kills differently, blood letting.

The 22 doesn't have the energy to enter rupture organs or whatever else in larger game.

This is why hollow points or soft points exist. If it was all down to just blood letting and shot placement, then fmj would be fine for hunting. The expanding tip makes the round put more energy into the body. Look at ballistic tests, there's a permanent and temporary cavity caused by bullets, simply not caused by arrows.

>>34304784
>wounding meme
This just isn't true. They're small diameter high vilocity for ballistics reasons. Whether or not they wound more or less is not something their design had in mind, also there's no evidence that it's true.
>>
>>34304955

You're kidding right? If I had a choice between being shot with a 9mm or a 5.56mm I'm picking the 9mm every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=Dr7dpEDNNC4
>>
>>34303934
Might damage your teeth as you chew on it, or possibly choke you if it gets stuck in your airway...
>>
>>34303934
If you fall on it, could be serious
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.