[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Anybody have recommendations for rifles that are cheap to buy and purchase ammo for? I only have a carcano but the ammo is a bit more expensive than I would like and it's also not the best to shoot. Pictured here is the Savage Model 10 in .308 which I've been looking at. Would it be a good buy?
>>
>>34303326
Im in the same boat and looking at this exact rifle the only downside i see is the mags. However the only fix to this is the mossberg which i have heard are not as smooth
>>
Ruger americans are suppose to be pretty good. Entry AR's are cheap plus you never know what you'll come across at your local pawn shops/LGS
>>
>>34303360
I heard the mags are expensive to replace and that's all. Complete novice to guns here and I want something else to shoot besides the kennedy killer I have
>>
>>34303326
I've shot a Ruger American chambered in .22-250 and I loved it. They're only like $300-500. Keep wanting to buy one for myself but haven't gotten around to it.
>>
>>34303326

308 is gonna run you close to $1 per round unless you somehow get that near unobtainium Wal-Mart perfecta.

I got an axis ii in 223. I haven't been able to take the bolt apart for cleaning yet because it's so tough. I think I'll actually need a vise and a wrench to twist it.

Over all I wish I had saved up more and will likely buy a new scope for it
>>
I've been looking at Mossberg MVP .308. They take SR-25 pattern AR-10 mags, I really like that.
>>
>>34303434
.308 is cheaper than my current fare of 6.5mm carcano which is costing me more than $1 a round. I'm more than happy to get recommendations on rifles that are cheap to buy ammunition for
>>
>>34303472

223 rem is gonna go for about .35 at Wal-Mart and everything bigger is about $1+

If you're just shooting targets a 223 is a good option, but based on my experience I wouldn't highly recommend a savage and I don't know what to recommend
>>
>>34303472
Its not hard to find steel 308 for about 35c/rd and new brass for about 55 for plinking use.
>>
>>34303381
Mags are expensive for what they are
>>
>>34303455
I hear they don't have a smooth of an action
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.