[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was my car hit by a gunshot or an object?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: fixed.jpg (2MB, 3012x2808px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
2MB, 3012x2808px
Was my car hit by a gunshot or an object? Anonymous 06/19/17(Mon)10:58:22 No.34300736▶
So /k/ I'm not sure you guys would really be able to help or would have experience on the subject but I would like to know if this damage was caused by a gunshot or road debris.

Here goes,
>Yesterday Sunday afternoon driving back from NYC to Northern VA/Arlington.
>Just me driving and my mother in the passenger seat.
>Near home the incident happened on 295 SB in DC.
>No traffic everything is smooth sailing until..
>Out of fucking nowhere the front passenger side window gets blown out
>Glass sprays everywhere, scared shitless nearly swerve out into the highway medium.
>Mom is alright thanks god just got at little minor cuts from the glass.
>Pulled over onto the shoulder called police, gave them report, really helpful cops who clean the glass out of my car but really couldn't help otherwise, and just told us we were in a really shitty neighborhood and filed the report.
>Mom said she might have seen youth redguards running on the over pass right before the window popped.
>insurance won't cover this I'm out $300 for a new window but otherwise glad no one was hurt.

I tried searching for a slug or any object in my car but I had no luck and I'm not going to play batman/detective since it doesn't matter if insurance wont cover it anyway. But I do want to know if it was a stray bullet or someone intentionally threw a rock or something.
>>
File: fixed 2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
fixed 2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Sorry I don't know why I am having such a hard time rotating images here.
>>
File: 1478482194631.jpg (122KB, 472x408px) Image search: [Google]
1478482194631.jpg
122KB, 472x408px
i'm betting on a rock thrown by troubled urban youth
>>
>insurance won't cover
Sounds like shit insurance
>>
>>34300869
It very much is, I haven't shopped around but that's my fault.

Also doesn't help D.C has some of the worst fucking drivers/traffic in the nation
>>
>>34300759
>insurance won't cover this
>I'm out $300 for a new window
>only $300
have you ever heard of a deductible??

Also, it was probably a rock or something not a gunshot you fucking nerd.
>>
>>34300869
>insurance won't cover $300 damage on what is likely a $500 deductible plan
>wow shit insurance
God you summerfags are terrible.
>>
>>34300759
If it was a gunshot it would have went through both windows, or you'd notice a bullet hole in the dashboard or elsewhere.

I had to junk an old car and me and my friend shot a couple .45s at it for fun first. Thru the front windshield, it just left a tiny hole. But I think windshield glass is extra gluey than side windows.
>>
Object. Car windows are tempered and meant to withstand shattering.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bullet+holes+in+car+windows&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1_sK7nMrUAhUKcz4KHdotCWgQ_AUIBigB&biw=1920&bih=969

Those are bullet holes in car windows. You get a (mostly) neat hole with some spider-webbing cracks emanating outward. For something to shatter a window like in your image, it would have to be large and irregular and traveling at a slower speed than a bullet.
>>
File: 1497883025266s.jpg (4KB, 249x190px) Image search: [Google]
1497883025266s.jpg
4KB, 249x190px
>MLK jk Boulevard

There's your problem OP
>>
>>34300759
Nogs were throwing rocks at cars from the overpass.
>>
I really don't get insurance. Its essentially gambling that you WILL have an accident within the time it takes to pay the insurance company more money than fixing it yourself would cost.

Not including shit that is under the deductible, which you pay for anyway, and is the vast majority of shit that you would ever have to pay for. Really fucking jewy.
>>
File: IMG_3875.jpg (3MB, 3680x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3875.jpg
3MB, 3680x3024px
>>34300961
I didn't see any, and neither did my mom notice any object hit the window.

Also there wasn't anything in car, at least I didn't see.
>>
>>34300978
If you don't have insurance and you drive a new or even a used car then you are going full retard.

Damage alone if you have no liability insurance then you are really fucked if you cause an accident. The average deductible is something like $1000 depending on your premiums.
In any case car insurance is dirt cheap these days because accident and injury/fatalities rate are going down and will continue to do so as autonomous cars start rolling out.
>>
>>34300981

Your mom got pretty lucky.

...post her

...and her feet
>>
>>34300896
>>34300903
>>34300957
>>34300940
>>34300961
All solid answers. Insurance is typically for big shit (above deductible) and its generally smart to have an incase shit fund of at least double the deductible. Nigs throw rocks and destroy property especially in hood zone. Typically it's as much minimizing financial risk as reasons of safety that one avoids the groids. Sucks but comparatively cheap way to learn
>>
>>34300759
Definitely not a bullet, as the round would have traveled through the glass and we would be talking about your now deceased or in critical condition mother.
>>
>>34300759
really hard to say for sure OP.
a BB fired at the window would have a similar appearance as your photo's, but could just as easily have been any projectile with the right amount of "force".
>>
>>34300759
It's not impossible that an object thrown from a road or overpass could have struck at the right angle to break the glass without continuing through to the interior, and "glanced" off into the street
>>
>>34300829
a dropped rock is the best bet

>>34300869
glass breakage is usually a separate rider on the policy.
>>
You got ninja rocked, sucka.
A bullet would've left another hole further inside the car.
>>
>>34301954
yeah I didn't find a rock however.
>>
>>34302043
Then it hit at an angle. Mystery solved.
>>
>>34302043
>>34302050
This. The rock was just deflected.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.