[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pocket Carry General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 28

>tfw you realize pocket guns are the ultimate defensive red pill

Lol full-size and compact fags - I hope you like constantly pulling your pants up like some inner city hood. .380 does the job just fine.

This thread is for the sole purpose of discussing pocket carry firearms and gear.
>>
It's called a belt, try one some time OP.
>>
>>34300069

>confirmed for never actually carrying

Howabout you fuck off back to your democrat controlled shithole and conjecture some more
>>
>>34300049

Never had that issue with my pants.
>>
>inb4 a flood of asshurt IWBabbies

Kek keep telling the truth OP
>>
>>34300049
I too am interested in a pocket carry revolver. Any recommendations?
>>
>>34300089

Anything 38SPL +P, light, and with a shrouded h ammer.
>>
.380 is moderately expensive for training, and the options available for 9mm are somewhat too large too fit in every pocket. Also, the triggers leave something to be desired, even on nicer guns like Kahrs.

Much easier to sit for extended periods of time compared to appendix carry though.
>>
File: 1476306557289.png (479KB, 1712x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1476306557289.png
479KB, 1712x1744px
Then I draw from AIWB in under a second and shoot 16 rounds into your fucking faggot face as you take 6 seconds to awkwardly fumble your faggot LCP out of your skinny jeans and Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

You can't even practice consistency and hell you probably don't even practice so it's a moot point. How does it feel knowing that my backup gun is bigger than your primary gun?
>>
File: LCR357.jpg (23KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
LCR357.jpg
23KB, 475x352px
>>34300089
>>34300095
Ruger LCR .357 mag stronger than aluminum, shoot .38's for comfort
>>
>>34300127
Nah, just shoot thru the pocket
>Are you happy to see me or is than an LCR in your pants?
>>
>>34300049
твoя мaть шлюхa я ee в poт eбaл
>>
>>34300127
The sad reality is I can't train either way except with dry fire practice at home. None of the indoor ranges here allow holster work, which is rather backwards since all of them are pushing CCL classes like the law is going away next week.
>>
>>34300127

Naw, you'll never get your gun past your fat fucking gut in AIWB.
>>
>>34300127

Is this before or after you shoot your dick off while fucking up the draw?

After, I assume, but I doubt you'll be doing much more firing.
>>
>>34300142
>твoя мaть шлюхa я ee в poт eбaл
Кaкoй oнлaйн-пepeвoдчик вы иcпoльзoвaли? Этo пpeдлoжeниe нepaзбopчивo.
>>
>>34300145
>The sad reality is I can't train either way except with dry fire practice at home. None of the indoor ranges here allow holster work, which is rather backwards since all of them are pushing CCL classes like the law is going away next week.

You can practice draws in your home. A shot timer can be used for dry fire and you can just practice press outs at the range.
>>
>>34300158
Even so, it's still very sub-par training. No recoil, no follow up shots, and a general idea at best from the sights where your shot would have hit.

I get why a range open to the public doesn't want Joe Blow to quick draw into their ceiling or his thigh, but at this point I'm going to have to join a private range.
>>
>>34300127
>no one can refute this
kek
>>
I'm a pocket carry fag, but DESU 95% of pocket carry guns are pure shit.

S&W Bodyguard .38sp
>Shit red dot button location
>THIC, may as well carry a shield or 43

S&W Bodyguard .380
>Horeshit quality control
>Double feeds, failure to feed, stovepipes, light primer strikes, 5-25lb trigger pull depending on lottery. First gun I ever returned after S&W failed to fix it 7 times (no joke). Magazine also dropped free after 1st shot

I've tried a bunch of others not worth mentioning, like the shitty Kimber 45 mini 1911. Ultimately pocket carry guns just aren't there yet, bar few exceptions including Ruger. Glock and S&W need to step up the game. I carry a 43, but it's slightly too big to pocket carry in most pants (But that's when I carry IWB). You need to have comfort to carry every day, some fags think carrying a fullsize is "just fine XD" but I doubt they carry everywhere, every day. Muggers and murderers don't wait for you to be prepared for them!
>>
Interested in getting my concealed carry license. Should be sooner rather than later, because I live in Chicago.

Anyway, I'm kind of a normalfag and dress in regular street clothes, so no 5.11 tactical DuraCoat flecktarn turbo cargo pants.
What carry method would be best for me?
>>
>>34300319
>What carry method would be best for me?

IWB or AIWB. Research the pros and cons of both carry methods and see if one outweighs the other. Do not skimp out on a quality belt and holster.
>>
>>34300319
Chicago suburbs here, Glock 19 AIWB can be done easily with just a shirt. Switch to plaid for better concealment. Wind will be a bitch though.
>>
File: 1487616181748.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487616181748.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>34300352
>live in South FL
>cc a G19 easily with a shirt
>mfw the wind blows

I might switch to a Glock 26 since I am able to shoot it just as effectively as a 19.
>>
>>34300203
I think I remember your customer service saga if you've posted it before.
If that wasn't you, and the problem is pretty widespread, I'll never even look at S&W again.
>>
Just dropped some shekels on a walther ppk. I love my USP and shoot it well but it's a tank and I don't feel like lugging it next to my dick for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: 1467830984293s.jpg (5KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1467830984293s.jpg
5KB, 125x120px
>>34300076
>tfw my state has a red congress and red governor
>tfw 15 rds of 9mm

cry more
>>
>>34300389
If it was years ago it was most likely me. I crossposted on some local forums and S&W forums.

Not only did they fail to fix it 7 total times (S&W had it in their possession after I purchased more than I ever had it in mine) but each time it came back not only was the issue not fixed but several other issues began to creep up. The FFL and I attempted to get S&W to replace the firearm due to excessive failures and they basically told us to pound sand, keep sending it back. Dealer bought it back from me at full retail and fought with S&W himself after that.
>>
>>34300476
It was a couple months ago. S&W confirmed for QC nightmare.

Fugg
>>
>>34300177
Go shoot outdoors on public land.
>>
>>34300127
>tfw I carry a Kahr CM9 in a Remora holster that works for pocket or IWB and wear comfortable cargo shorts that allow for a speedy draw

I get the power of 9mm, the comfort and convenience of pocket carry, and I don't print like an idiot carrying a full size. I'll take half the rounds knowing that I can reload quickly.
>>
>>34300524
For ideological reasons, my state considers the very concept of 'public' land equivalent to Stalinism.
>>
>>34300538
Damn. There's a nice free outdoor public range 5 minutes from my house. No range masters, and the only rules are basically be smart and be respectful. Only downside is that it's only a 25 meter range.
>>
>>34300506
Holy shit, I didn't know. It's even worse than I described, it was easily my worst firearm purchase (And I've had Kimber slides crack when firing and a Walther P22 slide break from a drop when new).

>Buy S&W Bodyguard .380 auto
>Take to range first time, load up and ready
>Aim, pull STIFF trigger, get a "click"
>Notice light primer strike
>Repeat with entire mag, unable to fire single shot
>Decide to keep mashing the primer and see if it goes off, since double action
>Takes an average of 20 clicks to get a single shot off
>Test trigger weight on my 20lb measuring tool, it's off the chart. Trigger pull higher than 20lb.

That was the first time I sent it in, the next day. Each time I sent it, it took weeks to get back to me. Each time I got it back, I tested it and all the issues persisted. Obviously I trouble shooted myself (Cleaning, diff ammo and mags etc)

>3rd time getting it back, light primer strikes still an issue but reliably fires in every 1-2 trigger pulls
>Begin to get double feeds, FTF, FTE, stovepipes on the regular. Every 1-2 successful shots. Send it back again
>5th time getting it back, take it for testing again.
>Aim, pull trigger, round fires, mag drops free and clear into the dirt
dafuq?
>Repeat with 100% reliability
>As I try pocket carrying it unloaded, for testing, the mag always loosens out of the frame within minutes. Pull out of pocket, mag snags or clears then drops free
>Send it back again
>On 7th time I received it back, merely holding the grip on the frame would cause the mag to drop free.
>Still had light primer strikes, every failure imaginable on the regular.
>FFL dealer, an acquaintance of mine, agrees we should do a combined call to S&W
>We get nowhere, told to send it back for 8th time, dealer refunds me instead
>5 months later he told me he finally got the gun switched with a new one, which he tested himself fine

I had friends who swore by the gun, but they got a good one. IMO there is no QC at least for this firearm
>>
>>34300560
This is why I'm afraid to buy American made guns-from this century at least.

>USP
>PPK
>SKS
>K98

Not really a collection to speak of but it's a start
>>
>>34300127
>How does it feel knowing that my backup gun is bigger than your primary gun?

Comfy
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (350KB, 942x1270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
350KB, 942x1270px
>>34300371
>>34300352

This is how i carry mine. I button the top buttons and leave the bottom ones open for easier access.

I live in Philly so wind is a constant thing. There's almost nothing you could do to make my gun print clearly, the downside is I look like a fucking retard.

I need a gunbelt and a holster that doesn't have a retarded bulging softloop, but for now i got the basics covered. It covers the gun, stays in place when I draw and is concealed.
>>
>>34300049
I like my LCP a lot, I have let two other people fire it so far and they both complained about it being too snappy. Come on people when it's so comfortable to carry I don't give a shit if its comfortable to shoot, it is not a range gun FFS.
I slapped a Viridian flashlight on it, looks like it was meant to be there. Lasers are a meme
>>
I carry a Shield 9mm AIWB and it works great. It's also thinner than the LCR and therefore easier to conceal.
>>
>>34300076
>Wearing a thick stylish belt is so foriegn to pocket carry fags they instantly resort to calling noguns.

Wear a belt you idiot, and lose some weight so your belt isnt sliding down from your fat muffintop.
>>
>>34300626
>confirmed cholo faggot
>>
>>34300626
Your belt/pants are kind of messed up there.
>>
>>34300712
He got WAY oversized clothes so as not to print.
There are more /fa/ ways to carry but even if he looks doofy, you can't deny that it worked
>>
File: Screenshot_20170311-110926.jpg (977KB, 1416x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170311-110926.jpg
977KB, 1416x1011px
>>34300049
Pocket carry best carry
>>
>>34300626
>stripes with plaid
>fucking beetlejuice shirt
>that fucking belt?
>underarmor t???

You are the worst dressed person I have ever seen
>>
>>34300138

J-frame in the jacket pocket is the real shit.

Literally having your hand on the gun ready to fire, while autofags are worrying about their draw.
>>
>>34300127
Appendix carry is for the range. It is based on the premise that a bad guy is going to stand there and watch you shoot them. All he has to do is go for your gun. He doesnt have to beat you to it. If he can get his hand on top of your hand, your tacticool six step draw/dance move doesnt happen. Now you are fighting for your gun, and the other guy is not going to exercise good trigger discipline his fingers are going to be everywhere. If he gets 2 hands vs your one, hes got your gun. Good luck not shooting yourself in the leg. Fitghing to control your gun is way harder than it looks and the reason so many cops get shot wirh their own guns. Google that statistic it will probably shock you. So keep your aiwb for youtube videos and the range.
>>
>>34300780
That's actually a really good idea in the winter.
However it's currently hot as hell and carrying in the pocket of shorts looks retarded with the gun swaying around as you move. IWB is pretty much the only option in the summertime. Might print a bit with thin shors but who fuckin cares.
>>
File: KahrPM9-KahrCM9comparison-1.jpg (78KB, 644x725px) Image search: [Google]
KahrPM9-KahrCM9comparison-1.jpg
78KB, 644x725px
>>34300049
>.380 does the job just fine
It's barely adequate. Is your life really worth so little that you consider "barely adequate" to be good enough?

If you are going to pocket carry at least get something that isn't a peashooter. Especially when it's only negligibly larger.
>>
>>34300776
It's a defense mechanism. People are less likely to rob me if I look like i have nothing to lose. I'm thinking of getting an LCP anyway to carry to the gym and places I'm not allowed to carry.

>>34300739
I ride a bike in philly and it's windy as fuck 24/7 here, so it's a pretty big concern

>>34300712
yeah I need a gun belt.
>>
File: Paul Harrell 16 webm.webm (397KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Harrell 16 webm.webm
397KB, 1280x720px
>>34300076
>confirmed for never actually carrying
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>34300836
>Appendix carry is for the range. It is based on the premise that a bad guy is going to stand there and watch you shoot them. All he has to do is go for your gun. He doesnt have to beat you to it. If he can get his hand on top of your hand, your tacticool six step draw/dance move doesnt happen. Now you are fighting for your gun, and the other guy is not going to exercise good trigger discipline his fingers are going to be everywhere. If he gets 2 hands vs your one, hes got your gun. Good luck not shooting yourself in the leg. Fitghing to control your gun is way harder than it looks and the reason so many cops get shot wirh their own guns. Google that statistic it will probably shock you. So keep your aiwb for youtube videos and the range.

oh look! it's retarded!
>>
>>34300626
You don't happen to deliver pizzas in the north east? I saw a pizza guy the other day in similar get up and when the wind hit him I glimpsed a hood heater sticking out his waistband.
>>
>>34300127
You are a bitch. Women are always slamming each other when they should be looking out for each other. /k/ should be different.
>>
>>34300955
Nope. if I did I'd probably be open carrying my AR haha (technically legal, not encouraged)

I wear my Glock 19 against a black shirt so even if my shirt did ride up far enough it wouldn't be very visible.

Now that I think about it though I should probably get another shirt. Pizza guys are prime targets for stickups.

I generally avoid northeast philly unless I have to go there or want a really good cheesestake (max's ftw)
>>
File: 1473750517921.jpg (46KB, 311x244px) Image search: [Google]
1473750517921.jpg
46KB, 311x244px
>>34300958
>You are a bitch. Women are always slamming each other when they should be looking out for each other. /k/ should be different.

So I should be encouraging pocket carry? Sorry bud, this isn't reddit so don't be shocked when people call you out on your stupid and ill informed opinions. It's 2017 and there are options. If you cannot spend the time and effort into concealing at the least a Glock 26, you're a feminine bitch.

Skinny jean bitch.
>>
>>34300145

Don't underestimate the power of dry fire. The hardest part of pocket carry is a the draw and presentation, and there is no ammo required for that.

Also, copious dry fire will very much help your accuracy, as you master a clean trigger press without disrupting your sight picture.
>>
>>34301123
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJsqp5yQJM
>>
>>34300319
>>34300352
>>34300402

Chicago for work
Live in burbs

Carring in downtown is next to impossible if you work there since all highrise have no CC sign and even some metal dect / security. They really go out of their way to make sure you are a easy target in the city.

Besides the dtn area, everywhere else is pretty cool for carry

I carry all the time. 2 times in the last week ive had people get out of their cars and threaten me, usually teenage niggers.

Also, my carry is a fullsize usp in .45 12+1 halfcock / safety on. Normal clothes, nothing over the top or looking wierd, never have been questioned and peoppe dont look or notice. Those that do are almost always CCIng, its just habit.

Goodluck finding a holster for a USP tho.. fucking hard, im using a 15$ leather holster and it was not steered me wrong yet. Get a belt tho, its a heavy gun.
>>
>>34300049

The bodyguard was the worst gun I've ever shot and I even like how it looks. Long heavy trigger with long reset, has a safety despite having a 50 pound trigger, shittiest plastic on the market, and the worst ergonomics where the beavertail stabs your hand somehow despite not being sharp at all.

Shot a few compact signs and flocks and I'd rather pay 5X the price for one than that piece of shit
>>
>>34301136
Where did you get decent leather FOR A usp for $15?
>>
File: 1484505844986.jpg (99KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1484505844986.jpg
99KB, 756x1008px
>>34301136
>Goodluck finding a holster for a USP tho.. fucking hard

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

JMCK makes top notch holsters and they offer all kinds of USP holsters. Only bad thing is that they have quite a wait time. You should email them and get some conversation going so they could give you a suggestion on what you might need.
>>
>>34300836
>It is based on the premise that a bad guy is going to stand there and watch you shoot them.

So since we're dealing with world class sprinters who already know we're carrying, have No Fear(tm), AND are just a few strides outside arms reach, what prevents said corner back from form tackling me by wrapping my arms up when I reach behind my back to draw from 4 o'clock?

I carry IWB, but it's not like I'm going to fare any better in this scenario.
>>
>>34301156
Rando caps lock sorry
>>
>>34300626

Why do you dress like a poor kid in high school?
>>
File: HKUSPIWB.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HKUSPIWB.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>34301156
Seneca IL ; theres a little indian trade post near starved rock...Dude had a bunch of handmade holsters; universal use.. found one that fit the gun well, covers buttons and trigger, hugs pretty close and doesnt add much weight / bulk to the already big ass gun. Didn't really see any downfalls other then careing for leather

>>34301159
I just see a OWB holster; need IWB..has a little too much bulk to it as well

>Pic related
Is close to what im using now
>>
>>34300089
LCR in .38 Special.

Get 9mm only for giggles.
>>
Pocket carry can be pretty handy, especially during the summer.

A .380 or .38 in the pocket is better than the 9mm or .45 you left at home.
>>
>>34300049
Having all the guns is the ultimate defensive red pill.
>>
>>34301241
>I just see a OWB holster; need IWB..has a little too much bulk to it as well

But they do make IWB and AIWB models.
>>
>>34300626
what the fuck is going on with you dude
>>
>>34301317
ill have to shoot them a email and see what they come up with
>>
>>34300771
In what fucking jeans. Shit does not draw smoothly except for ugly ass 5.11 tac pants and cargo shorts.

Also, do you notice trigger creep in yours based on how the spring bunches up in the striker channel?
>>
>>34300319
Chicago is a fun place to try to match the CCW laws. Basically no 10+ mags, no lasers beams either. I use a glock 27 in Chicago. Everywhere else in IL I have Taurus Curve with laser. pew pew.
>>
>>34301162
For the record you cant shoot people that are not a threat or close enough to be a threat. Since its not illegal to walk on the same sidewalk as someone else. A person is going to be standing right next to you befire making a move as not to draw attention or give you a fair chance. Do you not know anyone who has been mugged? Muggers dont mug people from 7 to 10 feet away. They wait unil they are almost touching you.
>>
>>34301522
>A person is going to be standing right next to you before making a move as not to draw attention or give you a fair chance.

So create some distance before he steps next to you. Who gives a shit if you're being rude, it's about personal space.

And assuming you are anti-AIWB guy, you still haven't explained how anywhere else on the belt is any better for this this. Both draws will involve you stepping away and probably using your off hand to create space.
>>
>>34301519
don't you have to take an expensive class?
>>
>>34300142
Russian is the nigger of all earthly languages.
>>
>>34301682
Technically yes, but there is a bit a loophole. 16 hour course. Now if you apply for Florida conceal carry first and get your card. You get 8 hours out of the way. Now you can bring your CCW to more states. and only need 1 day of class and proof you can hit a huge target 70% of time.
>>
>>34300049
>tfw you realize pocket guns are the ultimate defensive red pill
Absolutely not. Draw time is SIGNIFICANTLY increased and in many situations, drawing is IMPOSSIBLE. Good luck drawing your gun when you get car-jacked.

>Lol full-size and compact fags - I hope you like constantly pulling your pants up like some inner city hood.
Wear a better belt.
>.380 does the job just fine.
I'm comfortable carrying .380, but I'm more comfortable carrying 9mm or, even better, .40S&W. The .380 caliber exists so guns can be made small enough to pocket carry, but don't mistake a backup gun with a primary carry gun.

>>34300076
>>34300082
Idiot and samefag.

Why can't you respond to legitimate criticism like >>34300127 without letting yourself be ruled by your emotions?
>>
>>34301818
I carry a Kel-Tec p3at in an iwb kydex holster. I can draw it fine sitting in my car.
It is 100% reliable, weighs nothing and is small enough that I don't even notice it is there. It makes it easy to carry all the time.
I leave my 9mm at home
A good .380 round is every bit as good as an average 9mm round.
>>
>>34301818
I can't argue draw time is not increased. But much like AIWB, you take your pistol and holster out in the car due to the lap belt.
>>
>>34300127
I pocket carry an LCP and IWB a Glock 19 other times. This dude is correct, pocket carry is good for element of surprise, shit on the draw time. It's nice to be able to have your hand already on your weapon in your pocket at times when you think it might be necessary tho, I will admit
>>
>>34301629
Turning your body in anything past 3:00 puts the gun on the other side of your body the person has to reach complety around you to get to your gun. You can still face him. With appendix even if you blade away your gun is still within arms reach of someone standing near you. The only way to put ypur body between the bad guy and the gun in appendix carru is to turn your back on them. If it means their life they will reach or dive for Your gun if they have to. They cannot reach it if it is behind you. Again look into the number if cops shot with their own gun. Weapon retention is no joke nor should it be an afterthought.
>>
>>34300626
Why do you dress like a goth ace ventura?
>>
File: received_10206731655209220.jpg (168KB, 2048x1221px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206731655209220.jpg
168KB, 2048x1221px
Highly recommend the LCP 2. Bout 200 rounds through it and no malfunctions. Also trigger is sweet for a pocket gun
>>
>>34302049
obviously his mom buys him clothes at walmart.
>>
File: G26 (2).jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
G26 (2).jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>34301363
>>34301818
>>34301955
YMMV, but as an actual experienced fag here's my $0.02

If you have trouble carrying in the pocket it's not the concept as a whole, it's you (and probably your shitty 2 handed pocket holster). I have a custom kydex that fits my G43 with TLR06 that has a hook on the end. I practice regularly and I get the firearm out in one efficient motion, just like drawing from anything else. I timed it and I get identical numbers to my OWB carry.

If you can't see anything wrong with IWB carry, you're not a far stretch from the folks that think carrying anything less than a full size gun is silly. Try working a job with a tucked in button down, IWB has increased draw time. I only practiced moderately and my draw time was always bad, and I could never get it smooth (with a tucked in shirt). Versus pocket carry which required no significant training to get good with.

This is one of the dumbest subject /k/ finds itself arguing over. Everyone's mileage varies. Guys who can open carry all day long without issue, spend lots of time in the woods or away from public eye, might have no problem OWB carrying a G17 all day erry day. Versus a sales rep who has a suit on might want to go for something more niche like ankle carry or maybe pocket carry if the pants are big enough, with a small gun. People who work in t-shirts and casual clothes might prefer IWB since there's not much in the way and it's more convenient. In essence these arguments aren't about discussing facts, but more about how your preference and situation makes your type of carry "superior" to the other anons preference and situation. Complete minutiae
>>
>>34302013
Okay, so retention is your core concern. Wouldn't that mandate police moving from 3 to 4-6 just move their gun even farther out of reach?
>>
>mfw a manlet tells me about his draw practice

None of that shit matters if you cant win a wrestling match against a 5 foot tall Mexican or take a sucker punch boyoo. Unless of course you literally never have human beings within 10 feet of you, then I guess it doesn't apply.
>>
>>34302153
>"I can only carry a subcompact bitchgun!"

It's because you have a shitty galco holster my dude.
>>
File: trigger stop.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
trigger stop.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
What do you guys think of these? Are they made for other guns?
>>
>>34302222
wasted NEET quads
>>
File: 1494257219309.gif (3MB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1494257219309.gif
3MB, 186x186px
>>34302153
>implying people in this thread have real jobs or ever tuck in their shirts
>>
>>34300203
Why not the 42 ? It's smaller than the 43 and just as effective.
>>
>>34301120
Talk talk talk , Internet tough guy.
In real life you are a bitch and you would back down immediately. I know your type you think you are always right and bitch and talk down to people because either you have an inferiority complex and a small dick or a just brain damaged.
If I saw you in person you would be put so far in your place you'd never speak up again but first you'd have to leave mommies basement...right?
>>
>>34302202
Police have a different mission and their engagements are totally different. They get out of a car and have a gunfight at distance. Also their threats want the gunfight to stop to get away. That's why even if a guy was a special recon swat delta seal hes not going to have the type of experience mugging victims get, and the tactics need to be totally different.
>>
>>34302013
>Again look into the number if cops shot with their own gun. (Someone had to be close enough to wrestle it away.)

>>34302622
>They get out of a car and have a gunfight at distance.

Wait, so which is it?
>>
>>34301932
>I carry [IWB]. I can draw it fine sitting in my car.
Fancy that.

>>34302153
>I timed it and I get identical numbers to my OWB carry.
Then you're doing something very wrong.
You should be able to draw from OWB much, much faster than drawing from a pocket. This is a world class competition shooter:
https://youtu.be/JGslzXxDhEU?t=6m40s
6:40

>Try working a job with a tucked in button down, IWB has increased draw time.
The real question is why are you venturing into the Hood for a job that requires formal business attire?
>>
File: 1489700294919.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1489700294919.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>>34302466
>calls other person an internet tough guy
>barks threats just like one

Chihuaha complex, anyone?
>>
File: 1497396925061m.jpg (154KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
1497396925061m.jpg
154KB, 1024x760px
>there are people who carry firearms with barrels under 3.6 inches

You're trading accuracy, capacity, velocity and reliability for ease of concealment when you could just wear a slightly larger shirt.
>>
File: elf.jpg (146KB, 860x720px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
146KB, 860x720px
>>34303062
>>there are people who carry firearms with barrels under 3.6 inches
>You're trading accuracy,
Not really, no.
>capacity,
Has nothing to do with barrel length.
>velocity
Not much.
>and reliability
Not at all.
>when you could just wear a slightly larger shirt.
Your shirt tail is going to have to be skirt length if you intend to conceal the pistol's BARREL with it.

You might just be retarded.
>>
>>34302674
Both.

You can't start a gunfight or return fire if you don't have a gun and need to get the cops. So you wait until hes closer. He will approach you. Its his job, and if you look and act non threatening enough he will stroll up nonchalantly. Think about a cops job. What he does, how he encounters threats. Then compare police mission vs walking to the parking garage after an insane clown posse concert. Realize which one you are more likely to encounter.
>>
>>34300626
Who knew ska kids carried
>9mm but no 3 piece suit
>>
Read my lips, some of us want carry options that do not require loose or oversized clothing. Sometimes I do wear looser clothing and still really want to not print. Either way, I have the option to carry a compact-duty size pistol if I want to but I won't 95% of the time.

I really don't mean this to be insulting but my self-image is such that I'm not going to dress like a slob or general weirdo in order to carry a combat handgun around in my day-to-day life (not that I would have to in all cases). "Pocket" size handguns have existed since they've been feasible. It's not a "meme"
>>
>>34301138
>Shot a few compact signs and flocks and I'd rather pay 5X the price for one than that piece of shit

what did he mean by this
>>
>>34300675
I'm fat and I don't have to pull my pants up.
>>
This is all i normally carry is 9 rounds of .25acp enough for the dindus/k/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>34303812
Shit forgot pic
>>
>>34303141
>walking to the parking garage after an insane clown posse concert

Gross, dude. And ironically enough, the only time I've ever had to brandish was when a vagrant crossed the street to follow me to my car in a parking garage. If I'd been center line carrying, I could have drawn without him seeing before I had to turn around and ask him what the hell he wanted.

Honestly though, this entire discussion has sounded less like a problem with where you clip your holster and more like we need to get better at removing ourselves as targets of opportunity or even just identifying assholes more quickly.
>>
>>34303062
>muh accuracy

Consider that a decent flintlock pistol from the 1700s century could consistently hit the flat side of a playing card at 50 feet.

>muh capacity

The vast majority of defensive gun uses are resolved in less than 3 shots fired.

>muh velocity

Velocity only matters insofar as it effects terminal ballistics. Modern ammunition is designed to meet the FBI specifications for penetration and expansion at lower velocities than older bullet designs, and will work even when fired out of shorter barrels.

>muh reliability

I will admit that this is a real concern. A lot of subcompacts are legitimately less reliable than their larger counterparts (sup Commander-sized 1911s and Glock 43s).

>muh larger shirt

Depending on what your job is, this may not be possible or may not work well. I know that I certainly couldn't conceal a G17 under a button-up without looking like a slob.
>>
>>34303829
Has that one given you any trouble? A friend owned the .22 LR version and said that it was having problems with the rounds hanging up on the feed ramp, and I have heard the .32 ACP versions have frame cracking issues.
>>
>>34302153
>If you have trouble carrying in the pocket it's not the concept as a whole, it's you (and probably your shitty 2 handed pocket holster).

No, my problem with the PPS as a pocket carry is that no denim pants company I'm aware of makes a pocket wide enough to support an easy draw without the rear sights getting snagged on something. Someone mentioned carpenter jeans have wider pockets, so I guess I can just pretend it's 1999 all over again.
>>
>>34300049
>I hope you like constantly pulling your pants up like some inner city hood
it's called a belt
>>
File: tydobryczłowieku.png (193KB, 318x292px) Image search: [Google]
tydobryczłowieku.png
193KB, 318x292px
>>34300901
At least you're not gonna be a fashion victim.
>>
File: salt_0310.jpg (23KB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
salt_0310.jpg
23KB, 525x294px
>>34300069
This.
>>34300076
Picture related.
>>
>>34303987
>.22LR semiauto having feed issues
this surprises you?
>>
>>34303159
My dude
>>
>>34302753
With a good pocket holster you can draw without any other additional obstruction compared to IWB
>>
>>34303987
Nope bought it for 250 in a pawn shop and it runs perfect ive put about 500 rounds through it and the only issues i had was fte's with some sketchy ammo i got at a gun show
>>
>>34306254
It has very little to do with the holster you use and everything to do with the shape and tightness of your pocket.
>>
File: IMG_0495.jpg (131KB, 580x727px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.jpg
131KB, 580x727px
>>34300049
>have 380 bodyguard
>fuckit I'll shoot a snappy recoil 40 s&w rental gun at LMGs for first time
>the lightweight 40s recoil is still an order of magnitude less punishing than the 380
>>
File: image.png (249KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
249KB, 500x383px
>>34300127
Was going to say this
>>
is a snubbie even any less fat than your typical semi for pocket carry? LCRs aren't huge but they aren't actually insubstantial.
>>
>>34306963
A semi-auto will always be thinner, but the LCR is thinner than a J-Frame
>>
File: bobcat.jpg (180KB, 851x711px) Image search: [Google]
bobcat.jpg
180KB, 851x711px
>>34303987
I have the 22lr version. 21a bobcat. I haven't had any problems even using cheap Aguila plinking ammo.
Pic related. Not my gun but it looks just like that.
>>
>>34306915
Damn she was hot, but you could tell she was just barely keeping the weird from spilling over.
>>
>>34302153
I work a steel mill, my daddy worked a steel mill and my son will as well. I carry a Beretta 92 in a galco OWB holster and I declare that everyone who doesn't live exactly the way I do is a faggot!
>>
>>34300157
Help i think my ASCII is broKen
>>
>>34303390

Until they offer a rebate taking it down to $100 after tax, I'm not buying one. If I did at that price in would be to store somewhere and not what I carried
>>
>>34300626
"Concealed"
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.