[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how /k/ is your family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 22

File: norman rockwell.jpg (96KB, 625x797px) Image search: [Google]
norman rockwell.jpg
96KB, 625x797px
how /k/ is your family?
>>
>>34297160
As /k/ as I want it to be. In the immortal words of George W. Bush, "I'm the decider".
>>
>>34297160
It's weird, none of them like guns but they don't hate them either. Dad was very neutral, and supported guns and gun rights just because he just hated antis with a passion. Mom was always scared of the house getting broken into for a couple years, so she was fine when I bought my first gun at 18. Sister never cared. None of them will ever own or shoot a gun personally. Current wife carries a Glock 26 with her almost everywhere.
>>
>>34297160
Mother incredibly anti-fun, father alright with it and did background checks for me when I was underage (not a crime). He was never really into guns but does enjoy hunting.
>>
>>34297160
I'm not sure they care. They're definitely not antis, so there's that at least.
>>
>>34297160
I'm the most /k/, and even I'm not hard core.
Dad has a CCW but doesn't carry
Mom had a CCW but let it lapse
Sister has a CCW and carries some.
I have a CCW and carry all the time

Only guns in my family, besides mine, are inherited, except my sisters hi-point.
>>
File: 1497565648392.png (265KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1497565648392.png
265KB, 500x439px
>>34297160
>dad was a bit of a fudd, but didnt realize it
>liked guns and we had one pistol *(glock 23) in the house but he never shot it
>used to spout stuff like "nobody NEEDS assault weapons" and only cops should have certain guns
>Ive had an interest in guns and military stuff my whole life, as Ii got older I became more serious with it
>take the right cc classes, educate myself on hickok45 and got him to take the glock out to go shooting before I was 21
>turn 21, get ccw and 2 new pistols and talk him into going shooting more, maybe even carry
>"uhh, why would I want to do that anon?"
>"becuase the world is a scary place and its better to have something on you just in case, you dont need a damn .44 magnum but just a little something on you, they make tiny little 9mms and .380s now that slip right into your pocket"
>see him mull it over and then drop it
>few weeks later, another terror attack happens, I think the paris concert shooting
>both parents are shamelessly right wing and spend much of their time shit talking democrats,obama, and reading active news and mocking them
>dad is talking about how this stuff is only going to get worse and nobody has the balls to even say it anymore
>"hey you know what? I carried my gun today !"

hes been doing it on and off ever since, and we go shooting now. My mom talks about wanting to do it too but shes lazy and mostly stays home. My sister is about the same but she lives alone and id like to get her something. We've talked about getting a rifle of some kind but money is tight. Still though, making progress
>>
>>34297160
Too /k/ for the government to handle and can now no longer legally own firearms.
>>
>>34297160
Family is so-so about guns, not anti-gun by any means but they don't own any. That is, except for me and my brother. My dad did a lot of skeet and trap shooting and bird hunting as a kid though since his dad was pretty wealthy and they had a big piece of land in Ohio.
>>
Dad is fudd, mom is anti-gun but doesn't argue with me about cuz I'll show my power level again. Sister is an anti gun cuck and gets pissy about it.
>>
>>34297160
Dad told me how .22 lr bounces around inside the skull, and the best way to end a home invasion is by just pumping your shotgun.
I messed with some of his funs, the actions are so loose that the pump shotgun can be pumped by flipping it up and down fast enough.

Mother claims to be pro-2a but doesn't like me owning guns.

Sister is a Marxist. Like, why do I NEED a gun??
>>
>mother doesn't care about firearms, doesn't care about me owning them
>father is a semi-fudd, only owns and is interested in fudd guns but believes in hte right to own anything
>brother and sisters don't show any interest whatsoever in them
I'd say they aren't that bad, except for my one lib cousin who doesn't even let his kids play with toy guns even though he was raised around firearms.
>>
My dad thinks guns are for niggers. My mom says the world would be a better place if we all just smiled more~ UwU. My brother calls himself my sister so you do the math there.
The closest thing I have to a progun relative is my grandfather who is a massive fudd and noguns felon.
>>
>Dad is army, likes tacticool stuff, has CCW.
>Mom doesn't mind, also has CCW.
>Siblings are fine with it, don't give shits.
>Have two funs, but am poor as fuck

It's nice to have a supportive, if Neocon family. Being in the South certainly helps.
>>
my dad served in the last few years of the Vietnam War. so... yeah.
>>
>>34297160
>Mom:
Guns are evil.
>Dad:
Guns are cool mechanically and historically but people really need to stop shooting at me.
>Montana/Germany cousin:
Fudd with a no fixed address and a truck full of shotguns and kayaks.

Its a mix.
>>
>>34297160
Father was military
Mother recently asked for a pistol for home defense
Wife carries daily
Son carries daily, and makes knives
Sister has a 442 and glawk brand glawk
All kids in family taught to shoot at 7

Pretty /k/ I guess
>>
>>34297160
where to start
>My twin bro is the child of my family
>over reacts to literally everything
>Owns 80% of 91/30
>NEVER FUCKING SHOOTS IT
>Claims he is a better shot then me based on the last time we shot together last time we shot together he was a terrible shot and made one dead center with the 91/30
>that was 8 months ago
>we are 19 he does not know how to drive
> he also has knee problems from 3 years that he can solve by doing basic exercises which my family owns a Nordic track and a leg press
> he refuses to because "IT HURTS MY KNEES"
>Proceeds to brag about how he walk correctly because "muh knees hurt" like it is a fucking badge of honer
>so when ever we ask him to do something he gives "muh knees hurt" excuse
>When ever we go shooting I have to ask him to shoot a gun that I have partial ownership of that he never shoots to use it
>On top of that my dad is filling down the rear sights of the 91/30 to "make it accurate"
So anyway
> we share a Pc
> He has hearing problems not confirmed but it is obvious
>he plays his games max volume with both head phones on and does not talk but yells at his "friends"
>we can hear him over the TV
>I walk in and tell him to stop yelling he cannot hear me open the door and say his name
>have to physically touch him to get his attention
>tell him may be should wear on side of the headphones off that way he is not yelling any more blows me off start physically start to pull off one side of the headphone he starts scream "STROP" (he has a terribly annoying lisp which causes him to say any ST as SH
>my parents gave up dealing with his autistic ways long ago
I know that this is not vary /k/ related but I just needed to vent about this
>>
>>34297160
Mom was scared of guns most of the time I lived with her but was very supportive of my growing enthusiasm for guns that started in middle school. Around 15 or so she gives me her dads guns (.22 bolt action and single shot 20ga.) he died when I was very young. However after I joined the navy and lived in Japan for 3 years she asks for suggestions on a pistol. Tell her Shield 9mm. She gets one and absolutely loves it. Goes shooting as often as she can afford. But horse riding is her primary hobby. Makes me happy. Just frustrates me she doesn't carry more.
Dad like my mom was very supportive of me and supports 2A but doesn't have much interest in guns. Plus he lives in California now. He also gave me his fathers rifle (7mm Mauser)
Cousin on my dads side is /k/ embodied. His dad former marine pro gun but with fudd tastes.
I'd say I'm pretty lucky.
>>
>>34297160
One of my brothers is as autistic about firearms as me but is, unfortunately, a mallninja.

The rest are okay with guns but not /k/ in the slightest.
They CC, have a pistol and usually a rifle. That's it. Strangely the only one actually anti gun in any way is my father.
>>
File: 1432694216232.gif (976KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1432694216232.gif
976KB, 250x250px
>>34297160
>dad was a marine, as was his brother
>wanted to be a cop, got a job as a prison guard first
>good pension and time in by the time me and my brother were born vs dropping that and starting over, also my uncle was a contractor but due to back injuries my dad couldnt join him in business, so he stayed a CO
>whole family likes guns, hunting,hiking,outdoors fun
>mom and dad never pushed me to do anything and I didnt want, but I loved all that stuff anyway so we always bonded over it
>joined the marines as well, finishing college soon and might have a spot at the FBI
>dad is always bragging about it and is so proud of me for doing better then what he could
>brother is starting to show neet signs, no aspirations for college and works part time jobs still living in our parents attic
>my uncle has it worse, my cousin wants to backpack across Europe and study art
>no idea what she wants to do with it, she doesnt even know, she just wants to part and be a vagabond at 27
>its an unspoken thing among us, but im pretty sure im the favorite and theyre proud that at least one of us has their shit together in some form

im gonna be the son you deserve dad
>>
>>34297645
i LOL'd
>>
>entire family anti fun
kill me
>>
>>34297160
Dad's a bit of a tactifag, Mom doesn't care as long as I'm safe with my guns and don't spend too much money too frequently on them.
>>
>>34297160
MY step-father has an FFL and works on and sells firearms as a side business.

Everyone owns guns. EVERYONE.
>>
>>34297898
did you ask her how we are going to cause a revolution among the proletariat without guns?
>>
>>34298409
>>On top of that my dad is filling down the rear sights of the 91/30 to "make it accurate"
just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
>>34297160
>Dad is a cop and gun collector, we always sat in the living room and he would let me dry fire his service pistol. First took me shooting when I was like 5 (22 kit gun). He carries everywhere
>Mom is supporter of stuff like this and was always OK with my dad taking me shooting
>Brother pretty much treated like me, he also carries everyday
>Uncle (On moms side) is a tournament shooter
>Aunt (on dads side) is pretty affluent and never really talks about it, has no guns only attack dogs
>Grandfather has a few guns (mostly old shotguns) and a huge supporter of the 2nd amendment, has ccw but doesn't carry. Plus he lives a bit out in the country and has a river running through his backyard and he uses the bank on the other side as a backstop.
>Grandfather (on dads side) he died before I was born but was the one who got my dad into it and my dad carries on his traditions (got bb gun at 6, pocket knife at 10, rifle at 12, shotgun at 15 and stuff like that) was in air force for Korea and Vietnam (I think that's it) he was also a very high level mason (I believe close to the highest rank you can get (Scottish rite BTW))
>Grandmother doesn't really like guns at all and believes that there should be more restrictions but doesn't really get a say on what I did because my grandfather was the one in control
>Grandmother (on dads side) didn't really mind me shooting too much since my dad was with me, didn't really have opinions on guns and there was always one my father left at her house

I love my family, they have always been pretty cool.
>>
>>34297160
Probably first person in my ancestral line to ever own a gun (Chinese). Mom was pretty scared of my gun at first but I kept displaying it around the house whenever she was around until she got used to it.
>>
Dad is a FUD
Mom is pretty neutral.
Sister is openly hostile to guns.
Brother in law is pretty neutral.
Nephews all love guns and I take them to the range when I'm in town.
Niece is a complete SJW and thinks I'm a white terrorist.
>>
Pretty good, old man is a bit of a fudd but understands why I like more modern stuff we bird hunt every year, brother owns a few of his own but really doesn't give a fuck either way. Mother is fine as it keeps me out if jail, sister well she isn't anti but we don't have a relationship to begin with.
Extended on dad's side are mostly anti which blows save my ww2 vet grandpa and his brother who was an mp.
Mom's side is where shit gets interesting. One uncle is a fudd who has a hard on for leverguns, the other are neutral while based as fuck grandpa had at least 30-35 guns that he has been filtering down to my brother and I for the last few years on holidays and shit. We have no clue why he has this many or where even a third of them came from or why he had them, so life is pretty good.
>>
>>34297160
Let me put it this way.
My dad is so fudd it took him 15 years of convincing him to get a semi automatic carbine.

He went to go get an ar15.

>Comes back with an ak pattern

I quote word for word:

"It has wood on it so i like it better than those ugly plastic guns"
>>
>>34297160
>Dad
Supports gun rights but only because he hates liberals, doesn't actually have any
>Mom
Guns r scurry and I don't want one in the house
>brother
Thinks guns are cool in movies and video games but is otherwise completely apathetic
>Extended family
Range from being apathetic to full on guns and the NRA are evil and should be completely banned
I'm pretty much the most /k/ person in my entire family.
>>
File: 9668730_t.jpg (15KB, 200x139px) Image search: [Google]
9668730_t.jpg
15KB, 200x139px
>>34297160
i think i'm the only one here who's parents is semi anti gun and poorfags, which isn't bad except we have a small house with too much shit, as well as annoying siblings. Hippie dad barely lets me have airsoft, much less buying actual weapons using my money.
all of those wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't a autistic NEET and had a girlfriend i could spend all my time with.
literally cannot wait for my ship out date to boot camp.
>feelsbadman
>>
>>34297160
Not /k/ at all.
My dad is questionable. He leans pretty republican, has shot guns before but doesn't own any. Mom inherited my grandpa's Colt .22 but has no interest in shooting it despite requesting it. Step-mom is from Buffalo New York.

I'm not really terribly /k/ myself. I just have my CZ and have been content thusfar. Wouldn't mind a DDM4 ISR 300BLK or 6/6.5 Creedmoor RPR but I have other fiscal priorities at the moment.
>>
>Mom
Claims to not be anti but is terrified of guns and always dodges around when I offer to take her shooting
>Dad
Is fine with guns and has a shotgun, but I have to show him how to load/unload it every week but forgets
>Grandpa
Taught me to shoot and is generally cool as fuck, if not just a little bit fudd since he believes a lot of fuddlore
>>
File: but it do.jpg (198KB, 523x720px) Image search: [Google]
but it do.jpg
198KB, 523x720px
>>34298539

Best wishes anon, you'll do him proud I know you will
>>
>mom doesn't like guns, but doesn't mind me having a cheap pocket peashooter
>dad doesn't care, expresses a mild interest
>sister is nofunz commie
I'm the only one in my immediate family with a gun, and even then I bought it just to deter the wildlife in my neighborhood from taking my wallet
Looking to get a 10/22 soon tho
>>
>>34297160
My dad is more /k/ than I am
>>
File: 1493052637563.png (437KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1493052637563.png
437KB, 728x636px
Guys! I just gota a girlfriend who wants to get into guns!
Shes still under 18 so she can't actually get a gun permit but she said her family made her shoot before and she really enjoyed it.
I'm a noguns faggot but it sounds like something pretty /k/ to start doing with a girlfriend.
>>
>>34297160
Dad is fairly /k/ nam vet, ex cop, loves aks, shotguns, and oddly enough revolvers, conceal carries religiously.
Mom is kind of neutral doesn't own any guns of her own nor carry, but has used one of the shotguns in self defense back when we lived in Texas, didn't kill the guy just wounded him.
Oldest brother very /k/ although a bit of a mall ninja with all the tac gear and having to hang every thing he can on his ARs.
Middle brother has a large collection of pistols.
Oldest sister is a junkie felon in prison and therefore no guns
Middle sister has some Saturday night special .25 auto that she conceal carries for self defense and that's all.
youngest sister is literally mentally retarded and thankfully no guns
I'm the youngest boy and am building a collection one pay check at a time.
Me my dad and my brothers also built our own mil spec range at our ranch so I guess that makes the family pretty /k/ all together.
>>
File: disdain.png (263KB, 573x573px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.png
263KB, 573x573px
Me and my brother own guns; considering we're eurotrash, we're a pretty fucking /k/ family, by that standard, and it's not something we can bragg about either. Fucking yourop
>>
Papa was k as fuck before k ever existed
Stepdad is a retired detective, and pretty damn pro 2a.
Mom is pro guns but overly concerned about safety (begged me not to get an ar15 cause she was convinced they're all full auto)
Sister is damn near as k as I am. Farm lady with 5 children, ccs a 327 magnum ever day, and kills yotes with a thermal and suppressed 300 blk at night.
>>
File: 1444877904680.jpg (17KB, 335x373px) Image search: [Google]
1444877904680.jpg
17KB, 335x373px
>always been the black sheep of the family >whether it was guns, military, or innawoods hobbies
>grew up in a cul de sac, my own boredom in the mundane day to day life is what sparked my interests in these things
>dad was an accountant and basically a panzy. Never did anything with his hands, couldnt fix anything around the house or be bothered to learn
>mom was a stay at home wife, brother and sister were A honor roll students
>I wasnt
>they werent necessarily against me getting bb guns or playing in the woods, but would never join me and just left me alone
>they know I have guns (not how many though) and live out in the woods, I offer to take them shooting or camping but they decline
>sometimes they even ask when im going to stop being such a hermit and live like they rest of the world
>dad, for whatever reason, loves my cowboy guns
>for his birthday one year I bought him a ruger blackhawk, thinking this we finally be the chance we get to bond
>he opens it and I can see the disinterest in his eyes
>"oh.wow..thats really cool..thanks anon"
>see my bro and sis roll their eyes and I feel like a complete jackass
>months later im helping my dad move some boxes and I see the ruger case in his closet with a layer of dust on it, never opened
>swallow the hurt and go back to packing boxes
>this past year I invited them to a cookout at my house
>no guns, no outdoor activities, just grilling some food on my porch
>mom said she and dad couldnt make it, bro and sis never even responded
>tfw I tired really hard this time
>>
>Dad is anti-fun, thinks there's really no need for guns
>Mom is pro-gun, but just is pro-gun because she doesn't like democrats
>Sister and I get into arguments about gun laws from time to time but in reality I don't think she really cares that much.
>Brother is pro-gun but doesn't own guns
>Granddad is a former Army Major and I'm 100% sure is the one hiding his power level the most. He always get excited when he sees my AR-15 and starts to talk about the M16A1.
>>
>>34297160
My mom and her side of the family are Jewish, apartment-dwelling, socialist, antigunners.

My dad was jelly of my gunz last time he came out to visit and now has a 10/22.
>>
Mom is profuns, but gets caught up in the "but why do you NEED that" line of thinking when it comes to my AR. Likes my sig and browsing, though. My stepdad is an excon, did 17 years for burglary, and likes the idea of 2A until it comes to me, then he's all "you do t need that, i know better, only police should have", typical neocon. I'm just glad he can't vote or purchase them, so his opinion doesn't actually matter.
>>
none of them own guns but theyre all gamers and my dad likes tactical shooters especially. also they dont seem to care as much as i thought they would that im in the military. ive never heard them go on about gun control either, i think they just dont think abotu guns day to day except in vidya terms like "wow i wish the M4 were as good in ghost recon as it is in GTA"
>>
The most /k/ person in my family by far is my dad, we go hunting and shooting once in a while.

I regularly get into pretty intense arguments with the other ones, who are hardcore social democrat, NRA-is-the-devil, pro immigration, etc types.
>>
>>34297160
>Dad was a cop so he was always pretty /k/
>About two years ago my mom was a fullblown leftist
>She was marching in slutwalks, claiming shit like only white can be racist and was a supporter of brady and everytown
>Mom is telling me on the phone about victim blaming or some shit while I try to talk sense into her.
>Point out that if she really wants to see rape statistics change for the better than she needs to both be and encourage others to be proactive and that if she honestly wants to help women encourage them to stop marching in the streets and just start carrying a gun.
>She tries to tell me how she could never carry a gun because as a woman she is to weak to compensate for recoil or something (seriously she said something like this).
>Tell her that's a load of shit
>Bring her to the range have her shoot my guns
>Give her extensive safety briefings before I let her touch them
>Give pointers best I can
>She tells me she enjoyed it a lot
>Do this a couple more times and as she gets used to them I try to gauge which she feels most comfortable using
>her birthday rolls around
>buy her a S&W m&p 22c
>Show her how to use it and enroll her in a ladies shooting club hosted at the range
>very quickly becomes gun crazy
>soon has a bigger collection than I do and is shooting nearly three days a week
>Due to her new interest in firearms starts to become estranged from many of her diehard leftist crowd
>Starts becoming friends with the women in the shooting club
>Now she identifies as a libertarian
>She moved to a farm in Tennessee and built a outdoor range for herself and reloads her own ammo and occasionally makes weird wind chimes and other art out of her spent brass.
I am so proud of her
>>
>>34297160

No members of my family are mentally challenged or underage.
>>
>>34297898

If your sister is a "Marxist" and thinks that way about guns (despite what Marx said) then she is most likely a liberal retard. We (commies) hate them too.
>>
>Dad's a liberal
>Mom's a liberal
>Brother's a liberal

>They had no interest in guns until I turned 18 when I bought my first rifle

>Blacks rioting
>People dyin'
>Terror attacks happen
>"World's going to shit" - Dad
>"Son, what do you recommend?"

They're conservative and have guns now. Good on them.
>>
>Parents split when I'm young
>dad is a no guns fudd, but mom's family is super fun.
>uncle owns a hunting store in a small town and teaches me most of what I know
>years later, dad and I reconnect and I actually introduce HIM to guns
>we bond over shooting guns and shooting the shit

all in all, better than I had expected
>>
>>34297160
As anti gun as they get. They think i'm a killer in the making just cuz i like funs.
Say stuff like "guns should not
ever be allowed anywhere because they are designed to kill and are good for nothing else"
Mom once saw me open a box with my akm bayonet. She almost passes out, not even kidding
>>
File: IMG_0835.jpg (117KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0835.jpg
117KB, 1080x810px
/k/ incarnate
Pic related, Easter 2017

>inb4 doxxed
We don't use social media and don't give a fuck
>>
>>34297160
I'm the most /k/

I'm obsessed with guns and their operation. Bookmark cleaning videos and cleaning supplies to purchase.

Dad is a weird about guns. We went pistol shooting for the first time and he got better groups than I did.

He doesn't like shotguns as he can't handle the recoil. I do way better and hit center mass with 9 pellet 00 buck 6/8 shells when we went shooting
>>
>>34301126
Your sister is a hottie
>>
>>34301143
So is my Aunt. And my mom
>>
>>34300713
Shit man, that sucks. Work towards your own happiness man, If your family doesn't want to be involved and you made the effort, maybe your better off on your own. There are lots of people who are in the same boat as you
>>
File: 1469063564292.jpg (71KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
1469063564292.jpg
71KB, 960x702px
>>34300713
>months later im helping my dad move some boxes and I see the ruger case in his closet with a layer of dust on it, never opened
>>
>>34301126
More from the girl in the back?
>>
File: 1390476982387.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1390476982387.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>34300713
>>he opens it and I can see the disinterest in his eyes
>>"oh.wow..thats really cool..thanks anon"
That was the hardest part to read
>>
File: wojack reassurance.png (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wojack reassurance.png
25KB, 500x281px
>>34300713
sorry about that man, at least my family is sort of into guns and if not theyre willing to humor me, just like Im willing to try their hobbies
>>
File: peperee.jpg (24KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
peperee.jpg
24KB, 680x486px
>Dad was a bit of a ruffian back in the day
>Joined Navy in 'Nam for 3 years
>Punched superior officer over $200
>Dishonorable Discharge
>Reenlists Army NG
>Honorably discharged
>Return home ruffian
>Get drunk at bars beat people up
>I'm born
>Still drinks
>has a .22 and a 32 S&W revolver
>Go hunting with dad.jpeg at 10 years old
>Sit in tree line at corner of field
>Dad drunk (10 year old me wasn't aware)
>Herd of deer 100 yards away only have Marlin 60
>Dad takes aim
>Shoots - deer scatter
>I run to check for dead deer
>find no deer
>walk around back of hill where deer were standing
>dead deer .22 to lung @ 100 yards drunk af
>Help dad drag deer back home
>MFW dad strings deer up in barn and cleans it with a reciprocating saw.
>>
File: statists.jpg (131KB, 563x720px) Image search: [Google]
statists.jpg
131KB, 563x720px
>Dad has shot shotguns a couple of times
>Mother has never shot any guns
>Are fine with me owning guns
>Aren't against gun ownership
>Are almost certainly pro restricted ownership (licences, checks, certain types outlawed etc)
>Both traditionalist, old fashioned statist conservatives (fiscal and social) of the early 20th century variety.
>Both devout Christians
>Sister has diagnosed mental health problems, SJW, bubblewrap of academia, LGBTBBQ+++over 9000 genders supporter, turboleftist, spent 25 years living off others while earning no money etc

Not very /k/, but it could be a lot worse especially considering this is the UK.
>>
>Dad: Likes guns, but mostly for mechanical fiddling instead of hunting/defense
>Mom: Grew up in a farm, used to hunt small game and birds with her family, saw lots of shit done with guns while working as a social worker for decades, became anti-gun before retiring
>Sister: literal tumblr-liberal that unironically talks about cultural appropriation while eating california rolls and cream cheese-filled sushi, and makes posts on facebook, through her iPhone, supporting socialism/communism; need I say more?

>Dad's family is pretty small nowadays. The crushing majority is pro-gun, if fuddish. Only anti-gun I know is an useless faggot that lives off his parents and does nothing but eat, sleep, and pump iron.
>Mom's family is an immense mess of anti-gun bleeding hearts. Only my uncles and some of my cousins have/use guns.
>>
My youngest brother is the only actively anti gun male in my family. My father fought in the Great War, my eldest brother fought in the Second World War, but neither had any interest in sport shooting that I can recall. Different time, different priorities. I'm very into firearms, but it's something that came a bit later in life. I'd always used them during my career and had a good understanding of weaponry, but I never really shot recreational. On the battalion shooting team but that was about it. Other brother is very into aircraft, and has owned firearms before, but sadly isn't in a state of health suitable for shooting.

Youngest brother is the outlier because he, after quite an interesting but brief military career, went totally off the radar for a while and wound up going around Europe in the 1960s meeting up with all sorts of people and attending all kinds of meetings. Most of these meetings were led by Marxists. He drank the KoolAid, guzzled it even, and went from a traditional WASP to a complete loon.

We've made amends in the years since (I went to visit him shortly after I left the British Army for the first time, which culminated in violence) but he remains completely anti everything that goes bang, pop, boom or blast. His choice, and he more than did his time, but a strange turn of events regardless. He doesn't even believe in private property, never mind private gun ownership. A real leftist.

Grandson No.1 and Son No. 2 are both very into shooting and it's something I've really enjoyed doing with them over the years. Rest of them have at least tried it, but it's not their bag.
>>
My mom isn't really into guns
She now owns a sig p226 in 9mm for break ins and so does my dad now.

Growing up we never owned firearms but when i turned 16 my dad decided to pick it up as a new hobby.
At first it started with a sig for him and my mom. Then it turned into a passion buying a: Ruger takedown SR-556, arsenal AK47, a old german mauser (can't remember the year), a Mossberg 500 in 12g, a Springfield 1911 TRP, and a glock 20 in the span of 2 years.
He bought my older brother a CZ-75B and a mp40 chamberd in 22lr
And he got me a Ruger GP100 (4 in. Stainless) on my 21st birthday.

It became a hobby that we all love and helps connect with my dad more often. Now I'm thinking about a henry big boy in .357 or a HK USP in .40sw, not sure though.
>>
File: 1496717553499.gif (84KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
1496717553499.gif
84KB, 220x176px
Husband loves guns and taught me to shoot pistol. Mom's cool with guns as my hobby but is spooked by the black scary salt rifles. My dad loves guns for their mechanical and historical value and it's something we bond over. He's in the habit of giving me guns and not wanting them back. So far that lovable prick has given me a garand, PU mosin, and an SVT-40. I really want to shoot with him but he's got a crazy work schedule. I don't think my brothers care much about guns unfortunately. I keep trying to take them to the mountains to shoot, but they always flake. Grandma is pretty rad and pro gun since grandpa used to be a competition clay shooter. The family on my mom's side can go fuck themselves though. Turbo libs.
>>
>Father is a retired Marine, went into the Sheriff's department for 12 years. Always said he wanted to get dropped into North Korea just to see if he could make it to the DMZ without getting caught. Wants a M16A2 like he had in the Corps because "Fuck you" that's why.
>Grandmother learned to shoot from her WWII vet father, shot the hat off an attempted rapist with his old 1911 from 30 yards. Even now keeps a loaded Browning 12ga Auto behind her easy chair in a leather sling holster that Grandpa custom made for her. Can pull it over her shoulder faster than most people can blink.
>Mother in law is completely infatuated with shotguns, wants a custom Benelli more than grandchildren.
>Wife was extremely gun shy but I'm slowly improving that. She agreed to go shoot next week. Wish me luck.
>Sisters enjoy hunting but don't seem interested in CC. Getting into less Fudd shit due to dad and one of their boyfriends letting them shoot his AR.
>Father in law is excon thief who knows jack shit about guns, thinks if he gets his record expunged he can CC a damn 8in barrel .44mag. Keeps hassling me to get him one. Obviously I tell him to piss off.
>Mom is neutral, just doesn't like the money I spend.

All and all not terrible, most of the family on Dad's side are mostly into Fudd shit but Mom's side are kind of scared of the idea of firearms. Other than wife's dad being fucking retarded it's not so bad.
>>
File: 1489378928776.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489378928776.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
>>34302192
>my father fought in the Great War
How old are you? also got any stories that your brother or father told you about the wars
>>
>>34303592
I'm in my early 70s.

My father was the kindest, most approachable man I've ever known. He fought at Pilkem, Poelkapelle and Cambrai. He was sent to the Guards Depot as an instructor in 1918 after losing his right eye and three fingers to a bayonet. His stories were never graphic, I can only remember laughing. Only when he died did I receive the full story of his war service. A nicer man you couldn't meet.

Eldest brother fought in NW Europe and toward the end of the war joined a Field Intelligence Squadron. Spent the immediate aftermath of the war in Austria, where he occupied a brewery and vetted the local town figures. Unlike the Germans they were quite open about their SS membership/wartime position so it was a formality, no investigation required, and got to know the people very well. Did a lot of hunting, fishing, hiking and skiing. Part of his job was ascertaining the possibility of post war resistance and he informed them that it didn't even look as if the war had bothered the place, or the brewery.
>>
>>34297160
>Father
Policeman and magician who had his AR-15 next to his bed, his last magic trick was disappearing
>Mother
Want to own a gun because Beanerland is not very friendly to a single mother, but works too much and has never gone trough all the paperwork needed to get a hand gun. Due to her family's history she likes guns and calls them "pretty". Has only shoot once, during her childhood she shot at a random tree with a .22 rifle and got a bird, cried for weeks.
>Mathernal Grandfather
Ex Narco who had every gun imaginable, sold them all after he retired, keeping a few legal hunting rifles for deers and pigeons. Died of Lung cancer a few years ago
>Mathernal Grandmother
Dislikes guns since living in a Narco shithole and not participating makes you do that
>Mother's brother
Loved hunting deer, also had a small colection of AK's, Uzi's and other non legal weapons. Never used them, he bought some so sell them later
>Me
Have never shot a thing in my life. I really, really want to
>>
>>34304098
damn
>Any advice for life in general?
>>
>>34304247
Don't buy something unless you can afford two of them.
>>
Not very k the only gun people collect them like coins using them is out of the question and they constantly question the legality of using them
>>
>>34304098
Epic post much respect
>>
File: 1495578796247.png (29KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
1495578796247.png
29KB, 800x473px
>>34298539
i believe in you anon
>>
11B osut, straight to Iraq then medical hold and retirement, then was a contractor in Iraq again, wound up despising all the same people as you guys for different reasons. _all_ of them.
>troll with my trip, normally anon post

couple boring cheap guns because I have better shit to waste money on, permit, live somewhere in rural dixie, hunt, have truck, troll retarded leftists

family doesn't give a shit about guns in either way, eats deer i bring home
>>
File: P210-2.jpg (52KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
P210-2.jpg
52KB, 1024x685px
>>34297160
>Dad is not very progun, but not anti at least
>Stepmom is kinda anti
>Brothers are progun as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 426x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 426x386px
>>34297160
>dad's fullblown willing to 1776
>mom just humors him, she really just wants to focus on paying my older brother and i's tuition
>older brother is a liberal, the somewhat statist kind but thinks guns are really fucking rad
>younger sister is also a liberal, but only out of ignorance
>younger brother is almost like me because he was the only person that would listen to my rants about history and anti-communism
>>
File: 1496346299720.jpg (83KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1496346299720.jpg
83KB, 400x399px
>>34301055
that feels really good anon
>>
>>34301055
kek, I always have women tell me that same shit
>im a strong independent women, the rape culture is real, men are pigs
>oh but im too weak to shoot a gun and I couldnt live with myself if I shot somebody, even if they were trying to rape me
they contradict themselves so hard its just not worth arguing
>>
Dad: proguns but is more into rc planes and drones (does drone surveying for a living). I owns an AK in which i bought a Hogue Poly kit for him
Mom: Grew up with guns. Cool with them
Step Dad: Owns a souped up AR he never gets to shoot and an heirloom Makarov pistol (along with other stuff)
Step Mom: doesnt like guns but not against them
Oldest Brother: The anti/k/. Conspiracy theorist and slavaboo. Buys and trades Mosins and SKS. Bullpups his mosin. Wants to arm all of his friends with mosins incase of chimpout. Gave me an Yugo SKS and Chinese T53 for my birthdays in the past
>>
>>34301126
>far back left between both guys
more?
certified uhnf
>>
File: brutal.gif (315KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.gif
315KB, 500x282px
>>34301505
>shooting drunkenly in the direction of your small child at durr
savagely gut it in front of said child with power tools
idk whether to say "sorry about your dad, anon." or "that's fucking metal as fuck"
>>
>>34306504
My dad's the same way! He loves this new drone he bought with brushless motors and a camera. Goes up to 250 meters.
>>
File: 1481660289059.jpg (118KB, 494x349px) Image search: [Google]
1481660289059.jpg
118KB, 494x349px
>>34297160
>Grandpa taught me how to shoot, a bit of a fudd but gave me my fetish for cowboy action shooting.

>Grandma wasn't as big into shooting, but mostly because she was frail.

>Dad hid his powerlevel, being from a catholic family in Ohio, but would always go out with me to shoot his .38 Chief's Special, and would shoot the shit with me about guns

>Mom was wishy-washy. Owned a Kel-Tec .380 for "CC", but never carried because she was a teacher. Opposed to "scary black guns" like my AR-15 and my Saiga 12g, but liked my SKS and 442 I cerakoted black.

>Brother was neutral, doesn't own any, doesn't care about them at all, lives in the city, sports journalism job, so CC is a no-no

>Uncle (Mom) very progun, rich, would've owned as many as he wanted, except...

>Aunt (Mom) was extremely anti-gun, and anti-2a. Had three kids, and didn't support BB or airsoft guns either.

Uncle (Dad) owned a shit ton of guns, from 1903 Colt pockets, to S&W 1970's K frames. His crack-whore daughter stol a shitload of them, even though he got them back, he has them all in safety deposit boxes around the state.

Aunt (Dad) is neutral. Same as brother.

I guess I'm fine, had a friend growing up whose dad was a hardcore wigger involved in ghetto arms trafficking, and he says that he got to fingerfuck a ton of hi-points, norinco ak's, and Maverick shitpieces. Went shooting with him a couple of times.

My bio teacher in the 8th grade hid his powerlevel too, except he occasionally mentioned going hunting and removing kehog from his farm in SE Indy.

>At Gettysburg Mueseum

>Looking at wall of cap/ball revolvers and percussion rifles

>See Mr. Caudill there too

>"Oh man, you like this stuff too?"

>Shoot the shit about guns in general for the rest of the trip

Good times, man.
>>
>>34297160
>I'm the 3rd most /k/ family member. Multiple rifles, shotguns, pistols, and the occasional snowflake.
>Current Gf doesn't like guns or military, but doesn't hassle me over it much.
>Sister is a huge lib, but said she would carry if I got her a gun when she turns 21.
>Sister's boyfriend is kind of a numale, but he's slowly warming up to everything.
>Mom and Dad are fudds. Both CC
>Paternal Grandfather is retired prison warden and was SWAT before that. 2nd most /k/ family member. CC
>Paternal Grandmother is a classic lib. Keeps an old .380 purse gun but swears she won't ever use it. Still keeps her CC current though.
>Maternal Grandfather is retired Army. CC and has guns hidden around house.
>Maternal Grandmother CCs a 357 mag snubbie with no permit because "2A is my permit"
>Uncle is the most /k/ person with a $50K+ collection and a home made bomb shelter out back. Honorably discharged USMC due to gunshot to leg. Obviously CC
>Aunt is a noguns lib, but doesn't hassle my uncle over his.

I'd give my family a solid 7/10 /k/
>>
>>34306729
That's pretty cool
My dad had to get a pilot license in order to use his commercially. I believe he has Phantom 4
>>
>>34297160
2 of my guns are fourth generation in the family.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.