[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an extremely competent lone wolf (see: Timothy Mcveigh on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: p048-020.jpg (220KB, 868x684px) Image search: [Google]
p048-020.jpg
220KB, 868x684px
Can an extremely competent lone wolf (see: Timothy Mcveigh on steroids and doesn't get caught) successfully pull off multiple large scale attacks to the point where he cripples a first world country?

i'm talking about him using VX nerve agents, radiological bombs, long range assassinating of officials..etc etc
>>
>>34297147
outta here weeb.
>>
>>34297147
nolol
that dude has to be at least tier 1 special forces for that to come anywhere close to possible. Possible means >0%.
>>
No. You can only push so far before things get locked down and all eyes and ears are out for you.

Also, your pic is about a guy who can't die that easily + blood powers + he actually had help and manpower at his disposal
>>
File: 1496959751298.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496959751298.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>34297181
>that dude has to be at least tier 1 special forces
yep, exactly as i meant, tim mcveigh was exmilitary who spent all his spare time reading about guerrilla tactics and bomb making (as specified in wikipedia) and had experience in desert storm...a steroid version of that would probably be a delta guy full of combat experience from Iraq and can make a nerve agent out of his shoe and a bottle of water
>>
>>34297147
You would have to be the unabomber on steroids.

Or those death ray designing right wingers if they managed to get it working and actually irradiated like half a city.
>>
>>34297147
no, those arent the sorts of things that cause nations to cease functioning anyway

like, killing the president doesnt make your local grocery store stop importing and selling food, nor does bombing baltimore make dallas suddenly stop having a functioning economy
>>
File: kali linux wallpaper 2.gif (596KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kali linux wallpaper 2.gif
596KB, 1366x768px
>>34297214
This and >>34297181 this.

To do so from a "fighting" perspective would be hard.

It'd be easier to start an attack to bring down the government networks with hacking and stuff (protip: you probably won't), and then use the fame from that to recruit and begin some kind of gurilla campaign.

They'd catch you long before that.

If you can get a team, say 10 people, together, all of whom won't leak, and all of whom are experts in their fields, managing to meet where there is no chance of being spotted or noted together, and then coordinating a cyber/gurilla attack on the US gov't, then you might have a chance.

It'd have to be a lightning quick, crippling attack (I.E. hacking whatever automated defenses are around Capitol Hill, flying a plane into the State of the Union address, finding some way to disable the Secret Service's communications so they don't know, and finding the Designated Survivor, and killing him), all of which would be close to impossible.
>>
>>34297330
What about setting off yellowstone?
>>
>>34297147
>Is x dumb cool anime thing possible
No the fuck it ain't
>>
>>34297147
Perhaps a lone wolf couldn't do it, but a small, tightly-organized lone wolf cell that did a good enough job of compartmentalizing their work could probably pull off multiple Oklahoma City-style attacks in relatively quick succession.

The trick would be to take a lesson from Breivik, and daisy-chain your attacks so each one draws security resources away from the next.

>>34297271
Why waste your time with dangerous WMD's when the country is littered with hundreds of thousands of potential soft targets that could yield OKC-level death tolls or higher with simple explosives.

If anything, the relative ease with which one could pull off another OKC-level attack is proof positive of the fundamental empathy, decency, and sanity of humanity. I'm honestly shocked that Breivik/McVeigh-level attacks aren't much, much more common.
>>
>>34297338
Compared to that scenario, a millionaire or billionaire buying a strategic nuke on the black market and setting it off in a capital city seems more likely/feasible.
>>
>>34297369
The reason Mcveigh attacks aren't common is because your average terrorist is quite literally mentally retarded.

it doesn't take a genius to learn online how to make a gigantic ANFO bomb and toss in a truck, then blow it up in the most crowded area, yet we see ISIStards and mass shooters using ways that are infinitely less efficient like running people over or chasing them down to shoot them.
>>
>>34297410
Yeah, exactly. I work in public safety and it's darkly hilarious to me just how easy it would be to match 9/11's death toll with a simple semi truck full of homebrewed ANFO/PETN if some high-IQ psychopath actually wanted to do it.

We're so fucking lucky that the ethnic groups that hate us the most literally have the IQ's of children.
>>
File: kali linux wallpaper 3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kali linux wallpaper 3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34297393
Basically yes.

If you do what's outlined (killing everyone that's in the Presidential Line Of Succession and all the senators and represenatives, and hacking a lot of government organizations to their knees), you might have a chance.

If you were part of a small group, or were one person, you'd need to wage blitzkreig on the government - the government would have to be irreparably crippled in less than a week (which won't happen) - else the government would catch you. The more damage you do without crippling it, the more they look for you.

Assuming an attack on something other than the US, I'd have no idea what the fuck you'd do. Dirty bombs or nukes that leave behind massive amounts of radiation in massive population centers that also have some kind of significance (Berlin, Londen, Moscow, Bejing, et cetera) might work for a very short amount of time, but remember that governments become more mobilized in times of tragedy, and a military coup might be all that results if your bomb manages to take out the Parliment or whatever. You theoretically could trigger a global nuclear war by hacking into Indian/Pakistan/Chinese nuclear silos and launching some nukes, however, I don't think most of those silos are "hackable" - you'd need someone high up on the inside. You'd also need some kind of global tension where nuke-launching would trigger nuclear war. However, that'd take out a sizable portion of the world, not just a first world government.

So basically one can't do what is proposed, OP, unless one is a super-genius hacker and top tier special forces soldier.

t. anon who has way too much time on his hands
>>
>>34297147
No.

Not even close.

Hell, I doubt a single individual could even pull off one attack on that scale, the closest thing to that would be JFK.

This is maximum tier weeb and you need to put down the manga for a while.
>>
>>34297575
>>34297338
>le ebic hacker
>le kali linux
>>>/underage/
>>
>>34297471
>We're so fucking lucky that the ethnic groups that hate us the most literally have the IQ's of children.
so do mass shooters
>>
Yes it is possible, but not with terror attacks and killing people, but instead with sabotage. 2 guys with a car and some basic tools could basically shut down New York.
Start early in the morning by putting a few strange duffle bags in train stations and then calling in bomb threats.
By doing this you have shut down the metro and caused panic.
Destroy traffic lights on important intersections.
Now you have caused traffic jams, which are increased by the fact that the metro is down.
If you know where the wires run, it is easy to leave whole blocks without electricity by cutting a few wires or flipping a few switches.
Use a simple drone to drop a few dummy grenades and maybe a smoke bomb on an airfield runway.
They cant allow any planes to take off or land when there is a possible bomb anywhere on the runway.
And don't forget that the bomb squads are already busy with the metro.
Place a few radio jammers near police stations as an easy way to increase the chaos.
The list of little things you can do is pretty long and most of these you can pull off without needing anything special.
Since New York has a population of about 8.5 million , any major disruptions would cause financial loss in billions of dollars and cause nationwide criticism of the government.
>>
File: hacking.png (95KB, 1297x1047px) Image search: [Google]
hacking.png
95KB, 1297x1047px
>>34297794
backtrack was better
>>
>>34297147
if he literally can't die?
sure why not
>>
>>34297147
Yes ... if that first-world country is somewhere like Monaco or Singapore.

Somewhere like the US is simply too huge to be crippled like that. Too much redundancy in economic and political centres of power.
>>
>>34297471
>>34299420

The only good thing about mass shooters and terrorists is that their brains are either so fucked up or they're thinking so "spur of the moment" they're too stupid or crazy to look up the actually very dangerous shit you can do.

I mean, fuck, even something like "dad going through a divorce snaps on school when they tell him he can't check his kid out" could lead to a massacre that would make Sandy Hook look like a prank if dad planned things out and wasn't so angry and crazy to do anything besides attack the administrators.
>>
>>34299543

Yes, attacking infrastructure results in chaos and casualties.

Make their life such enough and they are motivated to do anything.
>>
>>34297147
That's actually a good manga, except the mc sucks cock.
>>
>>34297471
Not going to ask where you work but how much traffic do you get on antifa? Somehow those faggots got more active than the mosque group that was smuggling cigarettes and rpg's up my way
>>
>>34299543
And not even touching hitting transformers or power substations like those guys in Cali
>>
>>34300234
I'm on the medical side of things, we do a bunch of disaster preparedness drills but we tend to be pretty reactive when it comes to identifying threats and neutralizing them before they do anything.

On the flipside, all that training and drilling we do paid off at the Marathon bombing, as that MCI went as smoothly as you could expect it to. It's just about one of the only things our cuck state does right, and that attack could have easily lead to 20+ deaths if it wasn't in a city that had a really solid disaster/MCI preparedness plan that they practiced every chance they could get. Everybody, from the EMS incident commanders to the private EMS BLS grunts called in over BAMA to cart off the yellows knew their role and executed it without any major hitches.

I have no idea about Antifa, but something tells me that they're not to be taken seriously.

Anybody you actually have to worry about will lay low until they pop out of the woodwork like McVeigh or Breivik did. Hell, even the Tsarnaevs and Aum Shinrikyo kept a low profile compared to fucking Antifa.
>>
>>34300411
Shit right next door to you and recently switched to a medical (insurance side). McVey is the fucking nightmare but the antifa stuff we heard about when I was still public safety was movement of funds to college organizations much like the soviets used to do along with "guest speakers" if they were not typically spoiled rich kids they would be more of a problem but a true believer here and there can do some scary shit with the right handler. Now I just see some of the same names for Medicaid fraud.
>>
>>34297147
Small European country - maybe.
>>
>>34297361
With what magic powers? There is no human scale weapons that even approach geological energy levels.
>>
>>34300559
A Tsar Bomba-class nuke detonated in the deepest shaft you could drill into a Yellowstone-tier caldera would certainly be enough to jumpstart at least an Iceland-scale eruption.
>>
>>34300577
The simple act of drilling a shaft deep enough for the bomb to be effective would act as a pressure release valve making the whole exercise pointless. The whole threat of the Yellowstone supervolcano is the pressure not that magma may come out.
>>
>>34297147
If they were that competent they'd be in Delta or something, they wouldn't be an isolated lone wolf psycho to begin with.
>>
>>34297271
McVeigh was an 11M who probably never actually saw combat and washed out of SF assessment and selection on the second day.
>>
>>34297410
To be fair, after OKC the ammonium nitrate fertilizer pipeline is very carefully watched to prevent a repeat.
>>
>>34297471

It's somewhat discomforting when you think about it, isn't it?
>>
>>34297147

Sauce?
>>
>>34300588
Earth penetrating weapon fired down one of the muddier hot spring sites would likely destabilize the caldera to do a partial release of pressure.

Source:a volcanism major I went to college with who's promised to hunt me down if I ever wind up in a job where I get to design intentional "world's ending; fuck ya'll" scenarios for DoD, after I suggested that (and one involving a hydrologically caused earthquake in San Fran) scenario to her.
>>
Multiple attacks?

Maybe

In the US our infrastructure is hilariously vulnerable. The right amount of damage in the right place can knock out power to the North Atlantic seaboard from NYC to DC.
>>
>>34297147
>lone wolf (see: Timothy Mcveigh
"Terry Nichols" and circle gets a square
>>
>>34301075
Nichols's mother claimed that her son suffers from Asperger syndrome and was manipulated by McVeigh and didn't know what the bomb was for.
>>
>>34300644
Ajin. Pretty /k/ stuff.
>>
>>34299949
if he were level headed enough to think up some ebin terrorism attacque, then he probably wouldn't do it if his only beef is with the school. if anything he'd probably DE-ESCALATE and just call his lawyer
>>
>>34297147
>doesn't get caught
>>
>>34299585
This is what America actually Believes
>>
>>34299543
>Yes it is possible, but not with terror attacks and killing people, but instead with sabotage. 2 guys with a car and some basic tools could basically shut down New York.
>Start early in the morning by double parking somewhere and not coming back for your car.

thats basically all you have to do to grind NY to a halt
>>
>>34301425
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alternate_Side
>>
>>34301461
man i always forget how many people george as injured or outright murdered, nigga is cold as ice
>>
>>34301478
Including his wealthy fiancee via going super cheap on envelopes for the wedding intitations.
>>
>>34297147
What first world country? They're not all equal after all. The US is too fucking large to 'shut down' with a few attacks. 9/11 was barely felt in other sections of the country beyond airport security.

Now Germany, that cesspit, I have a feeling you could potentially throw a big enough wrench into it...
>>
>>34301536
>9/11 was barely felt in other sections of the country beyond airport security.
To be fair here, the economic damage was widespread, and the subsequent wars had significant effect as well.
>>
Define cripple a first world country. Do you mean destroy the government or just cause a lot of mayhem?
>>
>>34301914
cause security and economic damage that will only heal after a decent while.
>>
>>34301924
In that case, a dude with a rifle could just disable New York's power grid to cripple the US.
>>
>>34297147
killing people? Probably not.

A lone wolf who isn't a faggot who's just raging to kill people himself, though, could easily disrupt critical infrastructure and cause hell.
>>
>>34297471
What's really scary to me is that with careful planning and a little luck, you could get away with it too.

Hell, you could rack up an insane amount of indirect damage by targeting infrastructure.
Power lines, water sources for places like Cali, substations, data centers, etc.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.