[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accused of stolen valor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 48

File: 9ed2fbfb.jpg (96KB, 486x700px) Image search: [Google]
9ed2fbfb.jpg
96KB, 486x700px
Hey guys, after seeing a few threads featuring people purposefully committing stolen valor, I wonder if any of you folks here that wear milsurp in public have been accused of stolen valor? Feel free to share your stories or encounters.
>>
>>34296092

I'm pretty sure it's only stolen valor if you then claim that you in fact are in the service.

If you just walk around in milsurp whatever, if you pin shit on your milsurp and didn't serve but CLAIM you do.. you're a cocksleeve.
>>
>>34296092
I have a CCW badge I wear when open carrying. It gets me a lot of free coffee
>>
>>34296092
i put the /k/ patch on my flecktarn parka and some guy came up to me at college and called me a fag and told me i probably don't even browse /k/ or have any guns
>>
>>34296092
No, it was kind of the opposite when I used to wear milsurp shit, people always thought I was active duty despite wearing Cold War-era and foreign gear and I'd have to autistically explain that I wasn't. I stick to less obvious stuff with no insignias now.
>>
>>34296092
I used to have a surplus parka from the 80s and once a baby boomer "called me on it"
>be outside work smoking in -10 degree weather
>guy walking by asks if im "in the service"
>no why?
>"you shouldnt wear military gear if youre not a soldier"
>this is 80s surplus
>"i dont care youre not a soldier."
>are you offering to buy me a new parka?
>"no"
>walk the fuck on then
>>
>>34296092
As long as you wear only foreign or obscure camos nobody will give a shit and will most likely think it is some type of hunting or fashion jacket. I just remove flags and patches to be careful. I agree that some faggot who wears a uniform begging for cash/pulling stories out of his ass should be throttled but there are some rabid mouthbreathing autists who would make a scene just because you were wearing a woodland BDU jacket even without flags or patches.
>>
File: Shia-LaBeouf-Marine-Army.png (3MB, 2356x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Shia-LaBeouf-Marine-Army.png
3MB, 2356x1022px
if shia lebouf can do it then i can too
>>
>>34296295
Who the hell is that eyebrowless chick he's walking with. Is that even human.
>>
>>34296092
the only time I've ever been accused of stolen valor was when some random dude confronted me for wearing my Afghanka jacket. He buggered off after I asked his retarded ass whether I looked like I was old enough to have served in the Soviet 40th Army.

on a related note, a few weeks ago some autismo walked into one of the local bars wearing a milsurp jacket. Some idiot told him that he was being disrespecting the military by wearing it and forcefully took the jacket from him. The whole ordeal ended up in the local paper, IIRC the guy ended up being arrested for petty larceny.
>>
>>34296295
nothing really wrong with 1st and 3rd. 2nd looks silly.
>>
>>34296143
Sounds about right
>>
>>34296315
that's his wife
>>
>>34296325
D'ya have a link to the story or was it only in the local paper?
>>
>>34296092
I intentionally commit stolen valor and people never say anything. Just do your research, have the uniform on correctly and have a back story. Christ it's not that hard.
>>
File: CoatEveryday1-1000x1000.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CoatEveryday1-1000x1000.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>34296325
I used to have an old Soviet trenchcoat (I think pic related is the same model) and I actually met a few Soviet vets while wearing it, but they were always cool. One dude claimed to have been Spetsnaz in Afghanistan and told a bunch of stories (none of which I remember clearly enough to retell) but he may well have been bullshitting.
>>
>>34296360
They know. They just roll their eyes behind your back.
>>
File: 1490558828454.png (10KB, 347x444px) Image search: [Google]
1490558828454.png
10KB, 347x444px
>>34296370
>I actually met a few Soviet vets while wearing it
You actually wore it in public?
>>
>>34296190
Its always the boomers
>>
File: 1471030987369.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471030987369.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>34296143
>stealing valor from /k/
top heh
>>
>>34296370
actually wearing this would be beyond fedora tier
>>
File: IMG_1144.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>tfw actual military
>full time guard in a city that doesn't really know it even has a base
>have military haircut
>apparently walk military
>work as Intel for the MQ-9 squadron and don't like to tell people what I do
>always get questions when people find out I'm military
>always answer vaguely
>more questions or they accuse me of pretending to be military because I won't tell them my afsc or my squadron
Only related to the thread because sometimes I wear my 331st hoodie
>>
>>34296392
>>34296431
I know, I know. I was like 17 and thought it was badass as hell. There's a reason it's been in my parents' coat closet for almost 15 years.
>>
>>34296351
here you go fampai
>http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20170530/confrontation-on-saugerties-street-leads-to-mans-arrest

>>34296370
I've run into a few people from the Soviet Union on the street because they recognized my ushanka, no vets or former conscripts tho. I did meet a Ukranian exchange student who recognized the NBC suit I brought in for a college presentation, she used similar suits during the civil defense training she did back in Ukraine.
>>
>>34296447
>apparently walk military
It's a bigger tell than you think. Just tell them to fuck off.
>>
File: 1496678279798.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496678279798.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>34296092
I've never been accused of stolen valor but people throw that muh vet stuff around so much most people who haven't served give out lavish praise for nothing.

I did 6 years in the Reserve as a 35M. Didn't do anything of note other than 2 deployments. One Iraq and one Afghanistan, of which I spent most of my time inside the wire fucking off and babysitting detainees. Fast forward to civilian life and people immediately assume you're a doorkicker when you say you were in the military. Legit, my last job I had a conversation with 3 co-workers that went something like this.
>hey Anon, you were in the military right?
>yeah I was in the Reserve.
>cool man. What base were you at?
>None, I was in the Reserve so it was at the Reserve Center. I was the definition of a weekend warrior, I only did army shit once a month.
>still though you served, that takes some guts.
>no, not really. I basically got paid to fuck off at drill.
>yeah but didn't you go to Iraq?
>well once but I wasn't in a combat unit. I was intelligence.
>oh shit like waterboarding?
>no, like paperwork
>nah, intelligence guys do some crazy shit. I saw it on (insert some stupid Hollywood shit here)
>look man, I didn't do anything like that. It was nothing.
>that's what guys who've seen some shit say.
>mfw

I just stopped mentioning it at all unless I absolutely have to (applying for a job or some shit).
>>
>>34296479
>Gretel Swart said her son, Evan, the alleged victim, has autism and that she believes Kovacs should be charged with more than just petit larceny.

>has autism

Why am I not surprised.
>>
I reenact WWII
had some people thank my for "my" service
I always politely correct

weirder though is I've seen Russian and German reenactors getting thanked for their service, which is a whole nother level than thanking a GI reenactor
>>
File: 1470784627537.png (831KB, 715x913px) Image search: [Google]
1470784627537.png
831KB, 715x913px
>>34296652
>I've seen Russian and German reenactors getting thanked for their service
>>
>>34296143
That was me you faggot
>>
>>34296370

Afghansi seem like nice people generally so it doesn't surpise me
>>
>>34296370
I use to date a girl who's mother owned a travel agency in saints Petersburg who dealt with the kqb (for fast passports), the father was a Soviet Rocket scientist and the mother's father was some super high political officer in the union who met Stalin several times.

I miss that girl's family alot. I learned alot from them, total shame that the girl I was dating was a pile of worthlessness
>>
File: 1491690473340.jpg (48KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1491690473340.jpg
48KB, 480x454px
>Had a nightmare one night where I was accused of stolen valor at a bar by some random guy for no real reason (I don't drink)
>Everyone believes him when he starts loudly saying I'm 'lying' about being in the service (I never served nor claim that I did)
>End up getting arrested and humiliated for it, despite me never actually claiming that I served in the military
>Guy meanwhile gets a bunch of praise and someone ends up buying him a drink
>Wake up sweating and extremely unsettled
>>
I wear /k/ autism patches on a kryptek jacket and wonder if someone will ever bitch at me over it
>>
>>34296605
Why do all the 35 series guys seem to be guard or reserve? Serious question.
>>
>>34296143
kek
>>
>>34296447
>331st

I just graduated from there a month and a half ago. Sitting in the 364th at Sheppard right meow. After hearing stories of the other BMT squadrons, I'm glad I was in the three thirty worst.
>>
>>34296447
At least you're in the military.
>be 5'5" bearded manlet
>have buzzcut because balding and anything longer than 1/2 inch looks like ass
>never wear milsurp or anything remotely military related. Work denims and a t-shirt, button down if I'm going out to eat with the wife
>"Thank you for your service."
>Sorry, I was never in.
>Having a smoke outside and shoot the shit with people, often actual veterans.
>"Which unit were you in?"
>I wasn't. I just work waste water.
>Drop something off at my wife's school.
>"Mr. Martin are you a soldier?"
>No bud, I'm a poop smith.
My only conclusion is the hair and the fact that I look grouchy and bored 90% of the time because there can be no other explanation.
>>
>>34297409
It's the vet culture that propagates the beard and buzz cut look. You look like 90% of vet youtubers
>>
>>34296143
this tbqh
>>
I'm a veteran and could not give a fuck if someone wears milsurp from my shite.

Me thinks they protest too much
>>
>>34296344
You could have just said, 'no.'
>>
File: General Cucktard.png (1MB, 793x909px) Image search: [Google]
General Cucktard.png
1MB, 793x909px
>>34296092
>>
>>34297409
>>No bud, I'm a poop smith.
have you taken the vow of silence?
>>
>>34296608
when I said he was an autismo I meant it literally
>>
File: We're Mostly a Nice State.png (32KB, 435x347px) Image search: [Google]
We're Mostly a Nice State.png
32KB, 435x347px
>>34296479
At least you guys have a good sheriff.
>>
>>34297409
>>34297591
I go with the short hair and vaguely clean shave because I have devastating allergies, and have no body hair
>fucking anywhere
to keep as much shit off of me as possible. I leave a little bit of hair on top of my head to have /some/ fashion sense, because pussy feels good, but that's it. It's a buzz cut, because I don't have /much/ fashion sense.

>26 months active duty, medical retirement, so no reserve
>no mil surp
>always look "grouchy and bored," totally stealing that phrase fellow manlet
>>
>>34296708
I went to disneyland and thanked the stormtroopers for their service
>>
>>34297844
Thank you, anon, we all lost good friends and family when the rebellion blew up the Death Star. We all need to do our best to support the troops fighting to keep our Empire safe.
>>
File: m16a1.jpg (93KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
m16a1.jpg
93KB, 1024x640px
>>34296652
This happens to me sometimes, I own an old willys and sometimes go to the range dressed up in full Vietnam spec gear blasting CCR thought some speakers I hooked up.
Fast food employees think im military, and people at the range are used to my autism.
>>
>>34296131
kind of defeating the point of concealed there, hoss.
>>
File: IMG_5833.jpg (42KB, 175x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5833.jpg
42KB, 175x220px
>>34296447
Tfw
>Was in 331st during basic in 2011
>This was before they purged their entire staff because of the sexual assault scandals
>one morning during PT, our CMSgt chewed me out for not doing the correct form during push-ups (don't know why he thought it was incorrect, this is how I've been doing it for five weeks now)
>Tells me to report to his office in CQ later that day
>I'm freaking out thinking I'm gonna get the ass chewing of a lifetime and recycled to a baby flight one week from grad
>I never reported because my MTI said we had more important shit to do that day
>Fast forward a couple months, in tech school
>hear about an MTI from 331 busted for sexually assaulting a trainee
>hear later several of them got busted, they were doing this to guys too
>Remember when CMSgt "wanted to see me in his office"
>It disturbs me to this day to think about how I could have almost became one of the victims
>>
So is stolen valour only a big thing in America or what? When I was there I saw a bunch of vet discounts, and proud vets, so I can see why. In Canada I've never seen a vet discount or a dressed up soldier outside of reservists.
>>
>>34296652
Im a security officer at a hospital and here that more than i would expect. Spend most nights lurking here and watching adultswim in the lobby between patrols but some how people think i'm stopping mass shooters or something
>>
>>34298610
Bigger in america but I remeber a couple cases in Canada. Its only really a big deal here if you use your fake credentials for nefarious purposes. It can actually sometimes lead to dangerous situations where someone is claiming to have medical or disaster response training in an emergency.
>>
File: arthurr.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
arthurr.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>>34298247
>when open carrying
>ruins conceal carrying
>>
>>34297222
I didn't notice it til you said, but you're way too fucking right. I haven't met a single one who wasn't at least guard for a bit.
>>
>>34298802
>concealed carrying
>accidently show my pistol for .00002 seconds
>my entire cc life has been ruined
>>
>>34297222
I'm active. I've only met active ones (aside from training). There are some that used to be reserve or guard that went active tho.
>>
>>34297806
>he's wearing one of those Chinese Assassins Creed jackets
>>
File: 09a6044969c2a04b82d3e09ba6108f11.jpg (171KB, 1000x1235px) Image search: [Google]
09a6044969c2a04b82d3e09ba6108f11.jpg
171KB, 1000x1235px
>>34296092
the closest time I got to being accused of stolen valor was when I was at this Buffalo Willd Wings across the street from a recruiter office. One of the Army recruiters was there, and I was wearing a pic related casually. He kept giving me these weird glares but didnt say anything.
>>
I was kinda close once. Got pulled over for view obstruction while moving to my new command. I'm Navy but I was wearing an old parka in M81 pattern. Moved straight up the Eastern seaboard, so it kept getting colder. I think the cop was a bit harsher on me because I forgot to remove a tab from the parka. Other than that, haven't been accused, though I do wear milsurp quite often. It's somewhat a fashion trend with the locals at my current command. Lots of old Bundeswehr moleskin, surprisingly.
>>
ZOG bot slaves are gonna slave.
They must protect their (((masters)))
image. Remember they think that there
is valor in invading someone elses
nations - and then claiming that they
the soldiers are protecting "freedom".
Its a special kind of delusional thinking
that they have been installed with upon
their completion of their 3 month
summer camp that they attended.
Once they are done with basic/boot
they have now be mind fucked by the
3mo hazing event makes them special.
Now they are above the common man.

In reality they are the lowest scum on earth
because they are , with their LIVES...
supporting the very eternal enemy that
enslaves their nation, people and way of
life.

Next time you get "called on it"..ask that
Bot how his time protecting poppy fields
was or how that oil dump protection duty
was.
>>
>>34296465
That is most genuine thing I have ever read on this site in the past year. Like not even joking I know exactly what you mean I used to unironically wear an Ushanka with the Red flag pin on it when I was younger... and I'm black too just imagine that shit.
>>
>>34297409
>poop smith

I'm gonna use that now.

>>34297776
Can tell your a soldier from your first grade vocabulary.
>>
>>34300217

>I'm black too

Lol, ever since black people finally got the internet I've seen more and more cringey shit I've only ever seen autistic white kids do. I'm definitely going to be limiting my kids from it

Glad you grew out of it nignon
>>
>>34298445
You should be more disturbed that you'dve let it happen you fucking fruit.

Is it really that hard no to get fag pegged in the military? Fuck, grow up.
>>
>>34298445
What the fuck is wrong with the AF
>>
>>34300926
Me again. I really cannot get over this fucking faggot.
>>
Not really stolen valor but

>at publix buying some sushi
>wearing 1980s woodland camo warm weather jacket
>cashier is a spergy little four eyed autist
>he makes eye contact with me for a good 10 seconds
>"th-thank you for your service" barely murmurs from his lips
>what?
>"thank you for your service"
>tell him this is just a cozy jacket and ive never served
>litterally the most world shattering blank stare from him as i pay
>>
Used to get asked if I was in the army a lot. Guess it's cause I don't smile much and tend to stand straight. It's funny cause I asked one of my actually ex-mil buddies what was up with that and he didn't have a clue either.

Only thing remotely close to stolen valor is my beat to fuck BDU M61 still had the US ARMY and name tape of the previous owner. Got it inna thrift store and it still had the guys damn train ticket stubs even.
>>
File: 1494381929642.gif (257KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1494381929642.gif
257KB, 500x260px
>>34300164 (you)
>>
>>34296092
I wore a Vietnam era jacket, some boomer came up to me telling me that i "didn't earn that jacket". He kept going on about how I shouldn't be wearing it if I didn't fight in "Nam". I then proceeded to tell him that the jacket was a gift from my uncle that fought in "Nam" and gave it to me before he died.

that shut him up real quick
>>
File: 1497652703362.gif (2MB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
1497652703362.gif
2MB, 293x199px
>go to new job
>I wear an old black patrol cap I got at an army navy surplus store many moons ago
>sitting in the smoking area some dude asks me if I'm still in the military
>tell him I've never been military
>points out my hat and my merrels that are "Just like the ones Chris Kyle used to use!"
>tell him I'm on my feet all day and like to hike, wasn't issued them or anything like that
>tells me it's ok if I want to keep it on the down low
>tells me "Have a good day killer!"
>I sit there bewildered and wonder if I'm gonna have to talk to this person in the future

I guess he wasn't lying about being ok with me keeping my secret super soldier past on the down low, since he's never mentioned it after that first time.

>mfw he likes to talk about other shit like how nazis discovered the true south pole and no one else has ever been there due to ayylmaos
>>
>>34298610
>>34298766
iirc, you never get to keep any kit, so the only time CADPAT gets leaked to surplus is when the RQ guys sell them under the table, which can be traced back to them.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (4KB, 300x140px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
4KB, 300x140px
I had a rush 24 bag with a delta airlines pin. Guy saw me come out of my campus VA and thanked me for my service. Really tempted to tell him about my numerous secret raids on al-queda and my gorrilla warfare.
>>
File: C8KPsf3V0AAU7E3.jpg (94KB, 908x716px) Image search: [Google]
C8KPsf3V0AAU7E3.jpg
94KB, 908x716px
>>34297806
>>
>>34296092
Kind of the opposite, actual military. Everyone calls me out on it constantly.
Even though i've been medically retired for years, I have a full 4 inches of beard growth, my hair isn't within regulation, I never wear anything military related other than my multi-cam cap non issue, bought at a PX in Herat.)
Nothing should give me away, but these fuckers keep thanking me for my service anyways.
>>
>>34301207
>>34301207
Oh funny enough if anyone is interested, when I wear my cap the only people who get butthurt about it are the national guard. Those guys are so deep in the closet of denial.
The cap has the SOCCENT/PSYOP/3rdSFG pins on it, my deployment flag on the front, and a patch on the back that says "SHOOT HERE".

Man they fucking stare me down all day, I guess they can't believe someone half their age has done twice as much as them. I've never been called out on it and honestly I think it would be hilarious if i did, since I keep the shortform copy of my DD214 with resume in my car and have both a VAC and military ID.
>>
>>34297349
They tore down the building I went though in I think. Is the 331st in one of those new super squadrons now?
>definitely have the coolest shirts
>glad we were bright fucking red

>>34296496
>tell my barber to fuck off
She gives the best haircuts I've ever had, no joke.

>>34298445
Wew. I went through early 2015. That scandal destroyed BMT I think. They passed out these "review" forms at the end, to fucking rate BMT like you're on yelp. All the guys in my flight wrote down that it was too easy. It was just dumb, hurry up and wait, I'll yell at you but I can't avtually do anything because if you report me for something my career is over, etc.
>mtis cant swear
>>
>>34296479
>forcefully stealing a jacket from an autistic man

Oh my god I can't breathe.
>>
>>34301206
why black out the reddit name?
>>
>>34301655
Allowing agency to anyone who isn't progressive is illegal on reddit.
>>
>>34297409
I guess this means you have seen some.... shit
>>
>>34301655
Because it's him
>>
File: tumblr_o4q02rKOx21tepew7o1_500.jpg (32KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4q02rKOx21tepew7o1_500.jpg
32KB, 500x331px
>>34301254
>SHOOT HERE
my sides
>>
>>34301115
>>tells me "Have a good day killer!"
This triggers me so fucking much for some reason.

Did he think it was ok to say that to someone who he thinks was a veteran?
>>
>>34296715
Ahhh how cute, a budding bromance.
>>
>>34303091
>
>>
File: chaika.gif (3MB, 192x144px) Image search: [Google]
chaika.gif
3MB, 192x144px
>>34300929
>air force are fags
SHOCKING TRUTH
>>
>>34296092

The only milsurp I wear is an M65 jacket with NCR patches, and I'm in the UK, so I ain't expecting to be called out for it.

A girl I knew did get asked about a DPM jacket she'd gotten from her brother who was in the Forces by an old bloke in the pub, wasn't a stolen valor thing, think he just wanted to chat about his service.
>>
>>34296338

Yeah, the 1st and 3rd could just be "trendy" looking shit he's found in a thrift shop or something. 2nd looks like he's actively trying to dress like a soldier.
>>
>>34301385
>went through early 2015
>meanwhile in mid 2014 that shit didn't happen

What changed
>>
>>34298247
noone makes a OC badge. i gotta use what i can get.
>>
>>34298610

It doesn't seem to be as big over here. I think I've only ever seen one places offering a veterans discount, and that was at a sword shop in Wales.
>>
>>34300217

Ugh, I bought a Ushakna from a hat store last winter, dude had to get one from the back because I've got a fat head, so I got it fresh out the box it came in.

When I opened it, it had a Muscovite star pin on it, and a spare one in the box. Funny thing is, none of the ones on display had one on, so this dude must have a pile of these star pins in the back of his shop.
>>
>>34296315
It's a lizard person anon.
>>
>be collegefag in Auburn University library
>wearing navy digicam pants because they were comfy and clean
>triggered navy rotc comes over and lectures me about uniforms
>asks me if I would wear underwear in public say no but honestly I would.
>minces back to table with other rotc friends.
>my friend talks with his navy buddies from Pensacola and they told him that they were sorry for navy rotcfag

I'm against stolen valor but don't be a douchecanoe about people wearing camo tops or bottoms separately.
>>
I have a WWII German 'tan & water' jacket for winter. I like to pretend I'm Richard Burton in Where Eagles Dare. Does that count as stolen valour?
>>
>>34296295
I want that hat
>>
When I still played airsoft I always expected it to happen but it never did. Wore the full ACU around doing pre-game shopping (I liked to supply some food and water bottles for the group) pretty much every time but never once had anyone complain, call me out, or any of that crap.

Before you knock it it was actually really fun... up until the guy who basically ran the group decided to start more or less rigging games and pulling elitist bullshit with his little "unit".
>>
>>34300929
Nothing that isn't wrong with the other branches; the Air Force just stops it.
>>
>>34296092
Yes.
Only issue item was an old CWU flight jacket.

Showed the asshole my VA card, with "Service Connected" and told him to fuck off. His buddy laughed at him when I pulled my ID, saying "I told you".

Fucking gun shows are the worst for the wannabe bird-dogs. I was just looking for a nice flintlock.
>>
File: 1496688705672.jpg (162KB, 634x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496688705672.jpg
162KB, 634x700px
>>34296092
DAMMIT THIS THREAD AGAIN
I thought we had established , its only stolen valor when you are trying to impersonate muh military or get free shit, if not you are just some autist rocking his newest outfit from the gear queer thread. I honestly laugh at people wearing military unironically when they aren't trying to get free stuff
>>
>>34297222
I'm active duty. You have to look to find us. For me, I work at division level so I'm surrounded by Intel.
>>
Why do they call it service like they actually did anything for you, and not the ZOG?

It's so fucking obnoxious. They get paid for it. Most don't even fight.
>>
>>34296708
Oh yeah, I can confirm this. I am a soviet reenactor, and they straight up think my uniform is british even though I have a red star with a hammer and sickle on the pilotka, each and every one of my buttons has a hammer and sickle, and I had an ORS on. Fucking dumbasses.
>>
>>34299004
compared to wearing a patch that says you are concealed carrying which is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>34300114
I love these stories of people getting pissy at people wearing camouflage that the US hasn't used for decades because "muh stolen valor"
>>
>>34305203
it's to the point were it is over the top with military entitlement mindset.

"I served, i can wear this and you cannot." While being in a country that advocates the second
amendment (The right to keep and bare arms to remove a tyrannical government) while having
the concept of the citizen soldier aka unorganized militia.

Veterans are toxic, avoid them.

Stolen Valor is claiming to be former or current military _____AND____ trying to benifit from it
financially. Leave people who wear camo alone. Leave reenactors alone. Leave actors alone.
>>
>>34303875
NAVY IS GAYER
>>
>>34297834
"Paul J. Van Blarcum" is the coppiest name I've heard in my life.
>>
>>34298656
thank you for your service
>>
>>34305666
>claimed to be a SEAL to fuck some chick at a bar
a-am i a felon?
>>
>>34304779
>so this dude must have a pile of these star pins in the back of his shop
Or, here's another option, commie wannabes come in, see the pin, think no one will care about it, and just take it off. that is a much more likely reason than the owner just stockpiling the pins.
>>
>>34297844
oh fuck i have to do that now
>>
>>34301385
They're no longer bright red. It's in the new ATCs. And they're the wolf pack now. The shirt is meh tier.

And yes, no swearing, it was easy as fuck hurry up and wait bullshit. They had MTI tools which was "you can't do more than 2 minutes of fluttur kicks, pushups or burpees." BMT was a joke, BEAST was a joke. Tech School has way more bullshit and BMT didn't prepare me for it at all.

And don't get me started on "airman's week" it was basically talk about your feelings week.
>>
>>34306416
thank you for your service
>>
>>34297947
I like the way you operate
>>
>>34300217
>>34304779

If wearing a ushanka is wrong I don't care because it gets fucking cold where I live and they're the best winter hat ever.
>>
File: 1487371580384.jpg (12KB, 188x196px) Image search: [Google]
1487371580384.jpg
12KB, 188x196px
>literally can't talk about some of the stuff I did inna army because muh security clearance
>gf's mom asks me about some stuff I can't speak about
>now she tries to interrogate my gf about what I did, where I was, etc
>somehow is convinced that I didn't actually serve

What the fuck do I do? I hate being interrogated every time her mom sees me at events or parties. I don't wanna just snap at her to fuck off but I'm close. pls help
>>
>>34296295
I thought he actually completed boot for one of his movies - went in all undercover and completed the whole process to get "the real experience".
>>
>>34306865
I mean if he did that does give him some credit back in my eyes, at least he's committed, you can't say he's not
>>
>>34306820
show her photographic evidence
>>
>>34306865
he just shadowed a minister in the national guard and then started dressing like a homeless veteran all the time. also he got arrested one night in a bar and started trying to tell people he was in the military

http://popularmilitary.com/actor-shia-labeouf-tries-to-avoid-jail-time-by-claiming-hes-in-the-military/
>>
>>34306962
Never mind, he's back to being a retard
>>
>>34306820
What did you do in the army?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (225KB, 1600x1457px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
225KB, 1600x1457px
>>34306820
She's obviously foreign intel. You know what you have to do.
>>
>>34306820
Did you kill people?
>>
>>34296131
Faggot
>>
File: 1453602914030.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
1453602914030.gif
1MB, 296x160px
>mfw people think im an off season lumberer more than a vet
>it comes up in conversation from another guy I was an MP
>"Bro you mean you arent a lumberjack? But... the beard though?"
>>
>>34307261
found the bald jew larping as white
>>
File: 1497648198024.jpg (302KB, 906x647px) Image search: [Google]
1497648198024.jpg
302KB, 906x647px
>>34306820
shes tryn to bone you autismo
>>
File: 1428881794983.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1428881794983.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>34307343
i bet that insult was supposed to be a real humdinger
>>
>>34306820
Allow me.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>34297818
>have you taken the vow of silence?
And if not, tell us about your blood cork stories
>>
>>34306579
No, thank YOU for your cervix
>>
>>34300926
I don't think you understand. This was a big ass fucken nigga. Like could snap your arms like a fucken twig just by squeezing hard enough kinda big. Like this guy was the black version Haffthor Bjornson.
>>
>>34307261
I mean, you do wear plaid kilts, so I can see the confusion
>>
>>34296092
I actually serve in the military and whenever (god forbid) I have to be off base in uniform for whatever scenario I'm always afraid of being accused of stolen valor. It's an oddly illogical fear because you know, I actually am in the uniformed services.
>>
>>34296447
>331st
>Wolfpack fags

ROLL GATOR ROLL 320TH BEST SQUADRON
>>34297349
I feel bad for anyone at Sheppard right now, at least you're not in 362 with our draconian squadron commander. Still the MTL's are beyond lazy and the entire AETC is a clusterfuck. Glad I graduated before things got even worse with morning PT.
>>
File: 1477201703765m.jpg (86KB, 416x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477201703765m.jpg
86KB, 416x1024px
>>34301207
>Nothing should give me away

You have the fashion sense of every other 21st century veteran.
>>
>>34297409
>Be me
>Side part that looks like an unmaintained short reg cut
>Always look severe/Clint Eastwood stare everything and everyone
>Carry myself well
>Short cropped beard
>At community college taking shitty class
>Neckbeard veteran asks where I served
>Tell him I didn't
I was 20 too
>Spaghetti bursts from his bdu pants worn unironically
>Talk about guns in class all semester to the horror of the normies
>At college
>Chem lab
>Moto veteran guy asks me the same question
>>
>>34296708
>>34305067
>>34297947
This is why stolen valor faggots steal valor
>People are ignorant and fucking stupid

Gibs are easy when you toss on a $15 bdu jacket and buy some ranger tabs. Homeless "veterans" probably see 50% more beer money than their compatriots. Retail workers 9/10 times won't be added to ask for a military ID if someone asks if there is a military discount. That half of a Marine corps dress uniform is a pussy magnet at the bar. Etc.

Buck stops when a real veteran shows up to film them for YouTube or kick the shit out of them.
>>
>>34297125
>Someone gets so close to your face you can smell their morning cigarette
>Whispers OPSEC then Ave Nex Alea
>Disappears back into the crowd
>>
>implying there is anything valorous about modern warfare
>>
>>34301254
Wait, you serfed with green berets as a psyops guy? What did you do?
>>
>>34301207
The deathstare and situational awareness only option of fight or flight is fight worldview paired with the "I will grow out my beard and regulation haircut because fuck my time in the military" outlook mark you as a veteran to anyone who is or knows a veteran.
>>
File: 1322376773163.jpg (48KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
1322376773163.jpg
48KB, 600x388px
>>34296605
>>oh shit like waterboarding?
>>no, like paperwork
>>
>>34300114
But...why were....I'm so confused. You guys actually just casually wear camo around when going to places like bdubs? Fucking why.
>>
File: 1365632724919.jpg (144KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
1365632724919.jpg
144KB, 351x450px
>>34308341

>Try reverse searching image
>No results

??????????????
>>
>>34301207

>than my multi-cam cap non issue
This is enough to give you away. Normies wear hunting camo, maybe old woodland camo. Very rarely multicam.

But >>34308341 nailed it. Beard, polo, khakis or cargo pants, hiking boots. Is this what you wear? Also the posture is a dead giveaway.
>>
>>34308731
what are you looking for?
>>
>>34308779

The story behind that picture
>>
>>34308847
Not him, but it's a German POW from a Soviet Gulag back in Germany for the first time in almost a decade, looking at his former home city.
>>
>>34309102

shit
>>
>>34296092
Don't really wear a lot of milsurp but I do have a somewhat related story.
Was in the Nat guard for a little bit but got kicked out because of a med thing. My wife's sisters boy friend was air force who also got kicked out but his was for stealing shit or something and he barley avoided doing time, so me and him have talked about our respective time in the military. One year at a Halloween party I decide to dress up as a Taliban so I throw on a chocolate chip camo pattern jacket I got at a surplus shop and a keffiyeh scarf and carry around a airshit AK, he sees the jacket and asks if I was issued it and I'm like no man it was digicam during my service, I'm 25 now and was 23 when this happened I was just completely shocked that he apparently thought that pattern was used recently. Also just after I got back home from getting kicked out go to pay at a gas station and forget I still have the digicam wallet I bought at the PX and the cashier says thank you for your service, I feel like a shit bag and immediately go buy a regular wallet after leaving.
>>
i'm too pretty and youthful to be confused for a soldier
>>
>>34309263
I thought basic training beat the fuckboy/trappness out of recruits
>>
>>34296092
I was accused of stolen valor by some Tinder Cunt because I look like someone who could have been in the army (people ask me a lot) and I was wearing a tan dscp shirt. I never claim to have been in the military and when asked I've never said that I was. Wearing a tan/brown/od green shirt is not stolen valor, people need to stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>34296708
>>34305067
I had a friend who was a Soviet reenactor and he had the opposite problem, people used to think he was a Nazi/skinhead and flip out on him all the time.

One time he was riding in my car and this car pulls up next to us at a light, rolls down the window, and the super gay black driver starts hitting on him, saying how much he likes being dominated by Nazis and shit. We were laughing for hours after that.
>>
File: laughing footballs.jpg (68KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
laughing footballs.jpg
68KB, 576x324px
>people actually thought the Stolen Valor Act would be a good thing
>>
>Marine Corps family
>Vet culture from my dad, uncles, cousins, etc. rubbed off on me so I was oorah as fuck from an early age
>Counted the days until I was 18 and graduated so I could leave my shitty home town and be inna Marines
>Find out I can't get in because of my medical history
>Fuckin be 25 now
>Apparently I walk and talk military, not uncommon to be asked if I served/was Marines or Navy
>Whenever I get asked, I go full autist because I'm terrified of being accused of stolen valor
>Every time I say no get the sad feel

Just been working odd jobs from restaurant kitchens to small time security since graduation and shooting, working out or browsing /k/ when I'm not working, but life is so black and white. I don't know what to do with myself.
>>
>>34309538
Being fucked up fucking sucks man.
>>
>>34309538

how bad is your medical history? Why wouldn't they take you?
>>
>>34304892
r u a nazi?
>>
>>34306990
never stopped
>>
>>34306762
pretty much this
>>
>>34304971
82nd Div HQ.
>>
>>34309538
>I can't join. I'm a 4-F.
>you look like a 10 to me anon.
>well you don't look so bad yourself.
>>
>be me
>wearing flecktarn jacket
>haven't gotten a haircut for a few weeks so im wild haired
>have beard
>wearing jeans
>someone thanks me for my service
>>
>>34308847
http://footage.framepool.com/de/shot/228464907-kollektion-william-wyler-kruecke-tarnanzug-halle-saale

No sound just clips
>>
>>34296295
His dad was in vietnam so maybe he just has some military in him.
>>
I wear my old shit when I'm innawoods. I have all patches and insignia removed except for my name, "U.S. Army" and the flag on the shoulder. I generally avoid wearing them if I'm stopping by a store or something because I hate being thanked for "my service".
>>
>>34296605
Son, he was just looking for an interesting story. Just tell him about something that happened when you were over there, even if you weren't involved. Telling the stories keeps the memories alive, not stealing valor from nobody.
>>
>>34311528
Fucking Jody
>>
I have a military winter jacket. It was like 40$. I has a sargent patch on it. When its negative 20 degree wind chill it works so any wardrobe faggit can suck my dick if wearing my favorite team offends them whether im a vet or not. I wife told me somebody shook their head at it once. I have no military. I may go in the reserves if my wife can handle our kid by herself.
>>
>>34296131
I hope this is bait
>>
In winter I wear a KGB jacket pin on an east German ushanka, an a Polish parka, and whatever pair of milsurp pants I have on that day, get a lot of questions for it.

It was fun watching my buddy get questioned by a master chief standing OOD that day back in powerschool because he was wearing a full West German officers uniform, he went full spaghetti and didn't know what to tell him.
>>
>>34312529
UCP or OCP Cammies?
>>
>>34296605
My dad is moto as fuck on behalf of me, and he washed out of navy boot when he was my age (19)
He'll always text me and be like "hello son, did you challenge yourself today" and I'm usually like fuck no because I'm a student in BEC inna 29 and I'll bitch about running in the mountains in the desert because I'm an eastie and he'll be like "do you think ISIS will care that you don't like running in the desert? You're basically training to fight over there" and I keep explaining to him that I'm a proto-POG.
>>
I'm not entirely sure if this fits into OPs parameters but...

>Get a job at a warehouse.
>Most people there are okay, but supervisor is a colossal bag of dicks, excon dindu, sells drugs to the temps.
>Always get flack from this shit stain. Get all the worst jobs, constant insults from him, etc. Just really annoying.
>Autumn rolls around, temperature drops.
>Wear a Belgian M88 OD Field Jacket.
>Only has one patch, a small Belgian flag on the sleeve.
>Supervisor completely ignores me now, seems to go out of his way not to talk to me.
>Gets super polite if I talk to him.
>Hmm...
>Get told I'm being moved to a different section of the warehouse on a different shift by the GM.
>Won't tell me why.
>Whatever, like this particular job better. Do it for half a year.
>Find out after I had quit a few months later from a friend, supervisor was terrified of me.
>Thought I was in the military because of my jacket.
>Supes apparently asked a buddy of mine what the Belgian flag patch was.
>Beautiful bastard told him it was a special forces patch, and pretends I was some kind of Operator.
>Didn't think to fill me in on the joke.

I mean it was pretty funny considering at one point supes called the cops because he thought he saw me follow him to work after I had already left the job.
>>
>>34296325
Is the afghanka jacket a good buy? Thinking about buying one
>>
>>34313607
Nice
>>
File: 1497889104673.jpg (357KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497889104673.jpg
357KB, 1383x1600px
>tfw I hate being thanked for my service
thanks for reminding me of the kid my abrams ran over.
>>
>>34304898
how do you rig an airsoft game?
>>
>>34313925
Put all the camo that's bad for the field on the other team.
Put all the newbies who have no idea what they're doing on the other team.
Noticeably more people on the intended winning team.
Picking fields based on what camo the intended winner is wearing.
Positioning objectives closer to the intended winners.
Intentionally positioning the intended winner on the better side of the field cover-wise.

Basically giving yourself a bunch of advantages that stack up to make it much harder for the other team to win and easier for your team.
>>
>>34296344
Neither of them are wearing rings
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3s345bU8A&t=1s

This is me and my friend busting some fag for stolen valor a few years back
>>
>>34296092

i was accused of stolen valor because i was wearing a marine long coat because it had lance corporal stripes on it. marines are sensitive faggots.
>>
>>34296338
1st just makes you look like a godamn boot with a no shave chit
>>
>>34306577
>>34306577
That was supposed to be "weren't," sorry. 331st shirts and sweaters were black.

I went through before it was called airmans week. It was capstone then. Stupid as shit. My tech school wasn't that bad, plus I got super lucky because I sat on CQ for a month before starting classes so I never once had to march after I left BMT.
>SMUs don't count as matching
I actually had a ton of fun at goodfellow
>>
There was this one time my dad asked me to help paint the patio and gave me a pair of his old acu pants so I wouldnt ruin any of my own. TUrns out we needed more paint so I just went to home depot. I got some odd looks from some out of uniform soldeirs, realized I probably should've changed but that was it. Closest I ever got to stolen valor and I ended up joining myself very soon after that
>>
>>34301206
Could've at least painted the orange tip and taken out the trash
>>
not really stolen valor but
>meet up with moms bf because wanna gonna go innawoods n shoot on his property that he inherited from his father (wierd shit happened to his father which i assume is what caused his death), end up finishing the 60-80 rounds i brought.
>go to moms bf house (basically a quadplex) to thank him for letting meh be on his property n what not as a respect thing i guess, some dude comes out of the quadplex that ends up being his brother.
>greet him n whatnot, he asks if i served, chuckle and say n- no. n that was pretty much it.
i guess its because i was "tall" and had semi-long hair and people ask if im mad when in reality im not, its just the way muh face is but he seemed pretty chill n what not tbqh
>>
>>34313643
I love mine.
>>
>>34317553
I'm looking at one on eBay, it's the only one I could find in my size.
Where did you get yours?
Are they /comfy/?
>>
>>34296465
Tom?
>>
>>34317523
You say "whatnot" too much. Are you from New England or something?
>>
>>34318846
no, texasfag.
didnt even realize i said it 3 times
>>
not really stolen valor. But I'll share my story anyway. tldr version- dressed in my American ww2 grunt gear, got weird looks from people when I walked by before evening festivities. Haven't worn it in a couple years, but will attempt to do so again later on this year for an airshow that also has reenactors, and see if I can join one of the groups.
>>
What is /k/'s opinion on wearing combat boots?
Autistic or acceptable?
>>
>>34313840
Sorry dude, that's rough.
>>
>>34314090
Does he ever git pissed that the other team wins?
>>
>>34296496
>not doing the Virgin Walk to stay undercover
>>
>>34297409
>my wife's school.
lel
>>
>>34296092

Just got home for a sort of 4 day Xmas leave before deploying from the mob site.

It's late, still in uniform, and after having spent the entire day traveling me and my family stop at an apple bees for dinner.

The waitress won't stop asking me about my service, more and more it sounds like she's trying to accuse me of somthing. Eventually she just asks why I'm in my uniform. The family isnt sure what to make of it. I had to explain to her Xmas was in 4 days, soldiers have families too, and often travel to see them.

She was quite for a moment, looked like she was contemplating what I had said and then explains she is a reservist, like it mattered or something or as if I cared.

Probably one of the worst experiences I have had in uniform off post.
>>
>>34319624
We usually didn't win.

Don't think I ever saw him get openly mad about it the few times we did though.
>>
When I was hitchhiking at 18, I wore my grandpa's military jacket. He served from 59-63, and saw no combat, but he passed his stuff onto me.

I had an older guy pick me up because he saw I was wearing the same type of jacket he used to wear, but he never accused me of stolen valor. I openly admitted it was my grandpa's and he told me some funny stories when he was serving.

Also, pic related. In 2005 or so I shaved my head to look like pic related. I was working a grocery store at the time, and a Boomer asked if I was a vet. I said no, he said I shouldn't get this type of haircut if I'm not a vet.

I never cut it this sort since, but is this some sort of military-only cut?
>>
>>34296143
You should have told him that tomorrow you'd show the whole collage your gun collection.
>>
>>34319902
It looks like a high and tight haircut, it's how pretty much every marine cuts his hair
>>
>>34319930
Huh. I just cut it that way cause my sides grow in a little faster than my top.

Darn. It's not like a set thing though, right? I'd honestly be upset with myself if someone sincerely thought I was imitating a vet.
>>
>>34297409
I shall make you poop smith business cards
>>
>>34313704
>pic
I don't remember that episode on Forgotten Weapons dot com with Ian McCollum.
>>
>>34296370

It's like a fedora with arms typed this.
>>
>>34319939
It's a set thing, but people associate that look so closely with the marines that they just assume you served
>>
>>34320025
*It's not a set thing
>>
>>34319902
No such thing as a military only haircut. If someone gets bitchy about your fucking haircut of all things looking "too military" oh fucking well. They don't own that haircut no matter how much they might bitch otherwise. It's a haircut not a purple heart or something.

Personally I always get short cuts like that simply because my hair goes nuts when it gets even slightly long and the shorter I go the longer the time between cuts. Also the breeze feels nice on a good short cut.
>>
>>34312873

>THIS ONE TIME IN BASIC
>SERGEANT GOT SOOOO MAAAAD
>>
>>34320203
I always thought it was funnier to tell stories about how someone honestly fucked something up rather than recount shouting match stories.
>>
>>34297125

>Wearing a modern camo jacket casually

Absolutely autistic and unfashionable.

>Most /fa/ camo coming through
>>
>>34296415
Idi Amin used to wear an Israeli paratroopers badge which is ironic since later on whole off his airforce was destroyed by Israeli paratroopers.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (108KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
108KB, 800x1000px
>>34320263

Forgot piccaroni
>>
>>3429794
This is my goal in life
>>
>>34302715
>>34301655
>>34301206
After 2 fucking minutes of googling I found out his reddit is "bushiz"
Enjoy
>>
>>34300163
> Bundeswehr
I can't be the only one that always sees "Budweiser" at first every time I read that.
>>
I wore a flecktarn jacket(with my own patches on it) at an history event in germany when some guy in samurai armor suddenly stated that I would be arrested If I wore it any longer. Why do 60+ people always think they're hot shit concerning laws they never read?
>>
>>34296190
What a shit bag I just get shitty stares from them.
>>
>>34312957
>doesn't know if your wife can handle her kid by herself for a couple of days in a month.
>few week for basic

Did you marry a dependant retard?
>>
>>34313248
>be anon
>dad is proud of you and not disappointed
>"go away dad. Your so annoying"
>dad kill himself

Let your dad love you faggot. I bet he gets you camo patterned kups and shit that he just knows you'll love.
>>
>>34313840
I lost.
>>
>>34301206
That red star is such a cool bullseye.
>>
>>34319921
Then maybe the college can teach you how to spell
>>
>>34296447
LEAD THE WAY
>>
>>34298445
>"come by my office anon, I'll show you REAL push up form ;)"
>>
>gettting gas in the sticks
>some guy rolls up and asks me if I served
>wearing a tropentarn bdu with german flag patches
>explain I'm not in the army of anything but I am in the coast guard
>had a nice conversation and he offered me free beer
>>
>>34296295
Shia LeBeouf is an American hero. If not for him, we'd all be slaves to the Decepticons right now.
>>
>>34312979
Callum is always bait.
>>
you guys think I could get away with wearing chocolate chip semi-regularly?
obviously take all the patches and shit off, but it is still a camo people would recognize
>hurr why would you wear it then
fuck you, it looks cool and actually kinda blends to wear I'm at
>>
>>34319871
she had the hots for you but she is also a complete autist.
>>
File: shia_mug.jpg (220KB, 900x494px) Image search: [Google]
shia_mug.jpg
220KB, 900x494px
>>34296295
He has stolen PTSD too.
>>
>>34297834
fucc nicca i live near there
too bad my dad is fucking retarded and can't have funs because of a gun related felony (didn't have correct permits)
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>34300164
fuck off
>>
>>34319453

Modern ones? only if you are hiking or hunting or something.
>>
>>34296143
I do that at my college too, flecktarn parka with a /k/ patch, except i know most of the school's /k/ommandos and we go shooting every month together
>>
>>34296257
My co worker bitched at me for wearing flecktarn pants saying it was stolen valor
>>
>>34297349
>Sheppard
You poor bastard. At least you picked a worthwhile career unlike some of the nonners I know
>>
>>34296131
Dick head.
>>
>>34308654
guess he went through the stargate to recruit jaffar insurgents
>>
Brit fag here, ex reg now reserve bod in London. Over here people in the military don't advertise it unless they're some weaponised autist who teaches cadets. The classic is seeing the OTC (ROTC for burgers) on the tube with their Day sacks looking like complete crows. I like how we play it down in this country, it means you can spot people who haven't served from a mile off because they're wearing camo. There is no need to wear military stuff out and about unless you're working in the countryside and it's surplus, and even then... lizard behaviour
>>
>>34319902
get your hair cut however the fuck you want dude
>>
File: 1483717466529.jpg (71KB, 409x349px) Image search: [Google]
1483717466529.jpg
71KB, 409x349px
>>34296479
Holy shit

>Gretel Swart said her son, Evan, the alleged victim, has autism

Im dying
>>
>>34296605
Thabk ypu for your serbis
>>
>>34298610
Thats because unlike here in the states, other countries have a smaller military population, im talking amount of bases near major cities. And other countries dont have as many benefits and programs for veterans and military as the US does.

We are a country of constant warfare, so we have better incentives, and its easier to sign up for the military compared to canada.

Shit, some countries require psychological screenings, and personal references to join. If the states had those requirements, 75% would be disqualified.
>>
>>34330778
How is it on armed forces day though, reservists wear their uniforms to work right? Bet you get a lot of wank from coworkers then.
>>
File: 1482412733778.jpg (41KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
1482412733778.jpg
41KB, 400x581px
>be me inna diner
> gonna get me a patty melt
> see guy come in in bdu's
>hair a bit long, looks like he hasent shaved in a week.
>hmmmmm spidy-sense.tingle.bat
>also me be drunk
> see EOD patch
> i also was EOD
>go say hello
>guy says hes Navy EOD platoon 342
>....... thats from the show bomb patrol Afghanistan
>say im remeber that was the group from the show. How come i didnt see you
> he says his missions were to dangerous for thr tv crew.
> find out everything he knows is from this tv show
> call him on it. Tell him he should be ashamed go back and try to eat my melt.
>be more worked up about it than i should be all day
>>
>>34308341
His uniform is in quite good condition
>>
>>34331620
You should be ashamed for ever watching that show
>>
File: zedcallum.png (211KB, 1017x860px) Image search: [Google]
zedcallum.png
211KB, 1017x860px
>>34296131
Fuck off Zed/Callum
>>
File: zed callum.jpg (248KB, 1857x572px) Image search: [Google]
zed callum.jpg
248KB, 1857x572px
>>34296131
>>
>>34333169
Holy shit thats embarising

Fucking name fags really are autisitc
>>
File: 1497673063262.jpg (56KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1497673063262.jpg
56KB, 604x437px
>>34296131
I habe a CCW Badj I were wen oben carrying. Id geds me a lod of free benis :-DDDDDD
>>
>>34296143
lol i should do that and wear a /k/ patch everyday
>>
>>34306962
>austin, texas

people think its a joke down here
>>
>>34306820
>I did things I'd rather not talk about
If you say it convincingly enough it should work you may also get some pitty points
>>
>>34296447
>>34297349
Is it true the 331st got torn down and moved to the new "dorms"?"
>>
>>34330476
falling for the maintenance meme
>>
>>34298610
I can only think of one incident in Canada, where a dude was wearing a uniform with fucked up/wrong ribbons on Remembrance Day. He got called out and charged if I remember correctly.

didn't help that his facial hair made him look like one of those creepy arab kids you always see out clubbing.
>>
File: salutetoyou.jpg (15KB, 336x277px) Image search: [Google]
salutetoyou.jpg
15KB, 336x277px
I sit on the board of a Veteran's organization, basically a Legion, having joined originally because they serve good beer with better prices, have dart boards, let me and my friends organize events etc there and it's a way to give my support for the good work the organization does in the community. Over time I was asked to join the board, and was glad to. I wear the grey pants/blue blazer with branch logo on it to Dominion meetings and eventually was asked to participate in the Remembrance Day march. I go each year in the branch uniform because the few remaining actual veterans are too old to march themselves and as a major Veteran's organization, we need to represent. Every Remembrance Day I get stopped and thanked for my service, have people I know in the crowd watching the parade spot me and I can see their eyes open in surprise ,"Oh, Anon! I didn't know he's a vet!"

I have a legit reason for wearing the garb and representing our vets and the organization, but man I feel like a fraud the entire time. At the same time I see the guys from the Royal Legion who I KNOW have never served, wearing the Legion uniform, soaking it all up, nodding with every "thank you for your service" and happily accepting free Timmies coffee at every chance. So yeah, feeling conflicted.

tl:dr All I wanted to do was play darts and drink beer at the Veteran's club, end up wearing the uniform and representing Veterans every Remembrance Day on behalf of the Unit. Confused feeling ensue.
>>
>>34334043
Thank you for your service
>>
File: 7496207254_71cb18a02d_b.jpg (201KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
7496207254_71cb18a02d_b.jpg
201KB, 1024x683px
>>34297806
why do people not shape their berets? fucking plebs.
>>
>>34296092
Yes, though never while wearing milsurp. One autistic sperged at me for wearing a fallout New Vegas t-shirt at a gun show. It read "war, war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk."
>>
Got asked if i served like 5 times because i say negitive instead of no
>>
So I've got my uncle's old jacket from the air force, an M60 looking thing. It still has the patch with his last name which is also my last name. And the US Air Force patch but nothing else. Is it stolen valor for me to go around wearing it? Cuz I totally have, but really just to and from work. I would never claim to have served obviously.
>>
>>34335695
Absolutely not. Stolen Valor is claiming you've served so that you can get something out of it. Telling fake military stories and wearing camo are not stolen valor.
>>
>>34335695
Guy yells at you for wearing fathers/uncles/ who ever jacket. Guy is an asshole

You tell people its your jacket now your the asshole.

See the diffrence
>>
>>34296447
Los Angeles?
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.